Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 20 comments on the Feb 10, 2010, The Courier-Journal story titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#116320 Nov 4, 2013
What I find so refreshing is your constant diversion, and refusing to answer simple questions when directed to you. All you're doing is enforcing everyone's initial impression of you being a troll with an argument devoid of any sense, intelligence, critical thinking, and basic communication skills.

Go back to your area of expertise, rooting around in the mud.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#116321 Nov 4, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the trinity?
Naaah, More like the 3 snots in your nose that prevent your brains from leaking out your head when you have sinus problems.

That only works for a little while ,put a cork in your (*),so they can't sneak out that way.

United States of America

#116322 Nov 4, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
hey Dukette ,I don't care about the reviewa ,I care about the content.
It is entertaining Science fiction.
The clown wants to charge $25.00 for the book , which is sprinkled with many ,could happen this way , this is a plausible explanation and other nonsensical verbiage and at the end ,openly cofesses that he has no clue as to how the Universe was created.WOWWEE.
The only thing theis Klutz knows is that he roped some poor suckers into spending their wine money foolishly.
Confused much?
I'm the one who commented on the reviews, not MD. FYI what Frank said about the book is prominently noted on the back cover of the book. Allow me: Frank Wilczek-"A series of brilliant insights and astonishing discoveries have rocked the universe in recent years, and L.K has been in the thick of them. With his characteristic verve, and using many clever devices, he's made that remarkable story remarkably accessible. The climax is a bold scientific answer to the great question of existence: Why is there something rather than nothing?"
Known Fact

Somerset, KY

#116323 Nov 4, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Naaah, More like the 3 snots in your nose that prevent your brains from leaking out your head when you have sinus problems.
That only works for a little while ,put a cork in your (*),so they can't sneak out that way.
What's a (*)?
curious

Ocoee, FL

#116324 Nov 4, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>Confused much?
Allow me: Frank Wilczek-"A series of brilliant insights and astonishing discoveries have rocked the universe in recent years, and L.K has been in the thick of them. With his characteristic verve, and using many clever devices, he's made that remarkable story remarkably accessible. The climax is a bold scientific answer to the great question of existence: Why is there something rather than nothing?"
The interesting thing about all this is that at the end of the day ,after all was said and done ,Krauss meekly confessed that he had no idea how the universe was created. What does that tell youj>
Here is a little info ,based on the views of a fellow Atheist Scientist;

It turns out that Dr. Krauss’ definition of “nothing” is not the “nothing” from which the universe originated. The initial starting point of the universe was not the quantum vacuum that Dr. Krauss keeps referring to in his book. The starting point was non-being– literally no thing. Since no thing isn’t anything, there are no properties to work with. Nothing is, as Aristotle put it, what rocks dream about. Unless someone powerful intervenes, the ancient maxim still stands: out of nothing, nothing comes.

A quantum vacuum, on the other hand, is something—it consists of fields of fluctuating energy from which particles appear to pop in and out of existence. Whether these particles are uncaused, or are caused but are merely unpredictable to us, is unknown. There are ten different models of the quantum level, and no one knows which is correct. What we do know is that, whatever is happening there, it is not creation out of nothing. Moreover, the vacuum itself had a beginning and therefore needs a cause.

Dr. Krauss is committing the logical fallacy known as equivocation—that is using the same word in an argument but with two different definitions. The “nothing” in the title of Dr. Krauss’ book is not the “nothing” from which the universe came.

This critical distinction was not lost on fellow atheist Dr. David Albert. A Ph.D. in theoretical physics, Dr. Albert is a Professor at Columbia University and author of the book Quantum Mechanics and Experience. In his scathing review of Krauss’ book in the New York Times, Dr. Albert questions both Krauss’ logic and his physics. He pulls no punches and even uses his fist to illustrate.

Commenting on Krauss’ central claim that particles emerging from the quantum vacuum are like creation out of nothing, Dr. Albert writes:

But that’s just not right. Relativistic-quantum-field-the oretical vacuum states — no less than giraffes or refrigerators or solar systems — are particular arrangements of elementary physical stuff. The true relativistic-quantum-field-­th eoretical equivalent to there not being any physical stuff at all isn’t this or that particular arrangement of the fields — what it is (obviously, and ineluctably, and on the contrary) is the simple absence of the fields! The fact that some arrangements of fields happen to correspond to the existence of particles and some don’t is not a whit more mysterious than the fact that some of the possible arrangements of my fingers happen to correspond to the existence of a fist and some don’t. And the fact that particles can pop in and out of existence, over time, as those fields rearrange themselves, is not a whit more mysterious than the fact that fists can pop in and out of existence, over time, as my fingers rearrange themselves. And none of these poppings — if you look at them aright — amount to anything even remotely in the neighborhood of a creation from nothing (emphasis in the original).[ii]

Speaking of fists, Dr. Albert lands the knockout blow to Krauss’ entire thesis this way,“But all there is to say about this, as far as I can see, is that Krauss is dead wrong and his religious and philosophical critics are absolutely right.”
curious

Ocoee, FL

#116325 Nov 4, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
What's a (*)?
Oh my goodness ,heavens to maggatroy. I will give you a hint. It will be found in reading the following lmAo LOL and a HaHaHa
No mas Pantalones

You are forty miles of bad road on a dark and rainy night
AllofOneBlood

Horse Cave, KY

#116326 Nov 4, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
What I find so refreshing is your constant diversion, and refusing to answer simple questions when directed to you. All you're doing is enforcing everyone's initial impression of you being a troll with an argument devoid of any sense, intelligence, critical thinking, and basic communication skills.
No question was asked other than "What I had to say" what is your question? And just exactly what is it that you want to hear? That you are a good person perhaps? Everyone thinks that of themselves naturally, doesn't mean it's always true and it doesn't necessarily mean that you should naturally think that I'm always good either, but then what does good mean anyway? Are you good? And how do you know? By what standard are you basing your goodness on? Does it really matter to you, do you even care? I like to think so but that doesn't make it necessarily true either. So how do you know what you are? Does that answer your question?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#116327 Nov 4, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>Why???
Why did God feel the need to 'test' Abraham? Isn't God all knowing? Could he not 'foresee' the outcome of the test before conducting it? If all the answers to these questions is "yes", then why the test? Why did God feel it necessary to conduct this 'test' on his 'chosen' one?
Isn't God guilty of doing the same thing which was done to him by Saten? So; I ask you....What exactly was God's intentions, why the need to test one that exemplified the definition of 'Christian'
Seeing as how their is zero evidence for a god, people have always doubted. So blind faith is made a virtue by the myth makers.
The story is clearly a made up tale religion fabricated for propaganda purposes.

Since: Oct 13

Lexington, KY

#116328 Nov 4, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
"...from mans read ions?"
"You may try try know....?"
"it something like shove monistic?"
God is NOT doing a very good of helping you with your Spell check.
That angel is falling down on the job also.
I've met some loonies on here but you, my dear, just might be the looniest.
Get some professional help.
You don't know anything. You look at Gods child and can't comprehend the truth in Love because you know only lies. You are without understanding and all you know is what you Father the Devil tells you and he was a lier from the beginning.

You revel in mans answer, I know Gods answer. You can live opposed to the word but look at your life, how hopeless and joyless you are attacking me with your dead end ideas and chosen ignorance.

I am happy and joyful in The Lord my God through the Holy Spirit, I know I will live in peace and happiness with God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit, along with all the Angels and Fellow Christian believers forever. No mater what evil throws at me or this world throws at me in any way. All I have to say is I rebuke you all. I know it's true and sure too.

But you are sad and as I can tell reaching out to good posts you can make filthy and your following me around and harassing me from post to post always addressing me out of hate with the only thing you can use, your own so called "medicine" made of man for man by man because man fails to ask the Helper that was sent from above for true healing in his miracles.

You live in disgust and lies for the way God wants us to live as you pollute people with your evil concoctions and evil ways because that's all you know how to do, you are so under my feet I know you are my foot stool and I stomp my feet over where you are going.

As you go to the devil to ask him for miracles thinking in ignorance that we do not see through them and that God isn't going to shine a light of his love on them and show they are not of him but like the devil who will fail and fall with you to your despair in Hell.

You lurk around because you shun everyone by your evil intentions that you can only find some one to pay attention to you by your hateful remarks of ignorance of Gods beloved and Christ's Apostle.

You proclaim what you are and as a witch you lean on mans claims and the devils deceiving you and this world which end is Hell and the devil knows his end is coming quickly and yours too if you chose to follow that evil influence in this world as your name states.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116329 Nov 4, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah ,Yeah,Yeah I know all about you ,Duquette and Khatru...3 nuts packed tightly into one shell,,,,,,Planters Peanuts rejects
Khatru responding to posts intended for Duquette , you sounding much like Duquette and wanting answers to questions based on your misunderstanding of the Bible , which answers you would fail to comprehend.... and Duckit always referencing Zeus , Thor and his hammer , as if I gave a rat's behind.
get a Life.
When it comes to all posted nonsense to which you expect me to respond, don't hold your breath.
I am very selective.
To such nonsense ,if I choose to respond , it will be in order to entertain myself , by playing mind games with ya.
BTW I was thrilled and overjoyed to participate in your nonexisten survey. Doubt that I willget much sleep tonight ,I'm so excited.
Do you live in central florida?
Reason I ask , Witchetty wants me to take her to lunch , if you are in the area ,be glad to have you drop by.
This reataurant serves a mean dish of Constipated Mud , My treat.
Look at the Christian making up claims he cannot back up with evidence. Evidently blind faith does this to people.
Yes of course you do not care about my examples. If you took them seriously, your denial would be crushed.
You really are just becoming a joke.
AllofOneBlood

Horse Cave, KY

#116330 Nov 4, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
If one uses scriptures to explain God that is Spam, but if one tries to explain in his own words they are called an idiot or many other things that suggest stupidity or living in fairytale land. The Problem is that more so than not people don't want to hear anything that anybody has to say other than what they think, from which they have conjured out of their own imagination not knowing if they are really right but that comforts many none the less, at least until an Iceberg is struck "referring to the Titanic which was thought unsinkable by the proud. So don't be that way, watch the film all the way through, I know you didn't.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116331 Nov 4, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
hey Dukette ,I don't care about the reviewa ,I care about the content.
It is entertaining Science fiction.
The clown wants to charge $25.00 for the book , which is sprinkled with many ,could happen this way , this is a plausible explanation and other nonsensical verbiage and at the end ,openly cofesses that he has no clue as to how the Universe was created.WOWWEE.
The only thing theis Klutz knows is that he roped some poor suckers into spending their wine money foolishly.
Your entire case is built upon "it could be", or it is the only way. So the book shows their are other ways.
But thanks for dismissing something you know nothing of. Typical Christian. Why do you hate science?

United States of America

#116332 Nov 4, 2013
No he doesn't and he states that throughout the book. L.K.- The purpose of this book is simple. I want to show how modern science, in various guises, can address and is addressing the question of why there is something rather than nothing: The answers that have been obtained-from staggeringly beautiful experimental observations, as well as from the theories that underlie much of modern physics-all suggest that getting something from nothing is not a problem. Indeed something from nothing may have been required for the universe to come into being. Moreover, all signs suggest that this is how our universe could have arisen.
I stress the word could here, because we may never have enough empirical information to resolve this question unambiguously.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116333 Nov 4, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems you have adopted the knack for colorful insults like Sista. Nice way to divert.

United States of America

#116336 Nov 4, 2013
AllofOneBlood wrote:
<quoted text> No question was asked other than "What I had to say" what is your question? And just exactly what is it that you want to hear? That you are a good person perhaps? Everyone thinks that of themselves naturally, doesn't mean it's always true and it doesn't necessarily mean that you should naturally think that I'm always good either, but then what does good mean anyway? Are you good? And how do you know? By what standard are you basing your goodness on? Does it really matter to you, do you even care? I like to think so but that doesn't make it necessarily true either. So how do you know what you are? Does that answer your question?
I was addressing that comment to the Moniker with the name "Curious"

United States of America

#116340 Nov 4, 2013
AllofOneBlood wrote:
<quoted text> No question was asked other than "What I had to say" what is your question? And just exactly what is it that you want to hear? That you are a good person perhaps? Everyone thinks that of themselves naturally, doesn't mean it's always true and it doesn't necessarily mean that you should naturally think that I'm always good either, but then what does good mean anyway? Are you good? And how do you know? By what standard are you basing your goodness on? Does it really matter to you, do you even care? I like to think so but that doesn't make it necessarily true either. So how do you know what you are? Does that answer your question?
I have not been following your comments; but since you asked, I will answer.
AllofOneBlood wrote:
< Are you good?
Yes
AllofOneBlood wrote:
And how do you know?
Because I have never been a static in the penal system, thus enforcing the fact that I'm a law abiding citizen.
AllofOneBlood wrote:
By what standard are you basing your goodness on?
By the standards set forth of the United States Judicial System.
And your last question....Does it really matter to me? Yes it does, for you see, I don't have to be threatened by some hell fire, and damnation in order to be a good person.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#116341 Nov 4, 2013
Amber , You have the right to post whatever you want
and what you believe in.

Obviously , there are some on this website ,whose main purpose in life is to mock that which they are seeking to attain , but are unable to.
They deny God outwardly ,while yearning for him inwardly.
Witchetty , who is so spiteful , yet works for a Christian lady , who had compassion on her and provided her with a well needed job decorating Christmas trees .
What she is unable to realize is that , were it not for him whom she denies , she would be out of a job.
Then she would have to turn to those Christian charitable institutions to help her in her time of need.
She would not be able to turn to those of her atheist faith , because they do not provide for anybody. Whenever they have a need , they turn to those whom they mock for assistance , otherwise they would be living under some bridge in cardboard boxes.
BUT , unbeknownst to them our GOD is in control.
20% of Atheists attend regular religious services,Atheists have founded a church based on Christian principles , their day of worship will be on Sundays and they will be baptizing their members and they want to go WorldWide.
So, you keep doing the Lord's work, using the Apostles as your mentors.
I enjoy reading what you post and find it very uplifting.
fact is that by reading the inane and nonsencical postings of these Atheists ,witchetty included , has served to STRENGTHEN my faith.
Anytime you hear some fool claim that he/she has never done anything for which they need be ashamed and those who believe as she does , agree with her, you know and understand the pervasive cancer that afflicts their beliefs.
Anyhow , you keep posting,we will keep reading and those that outwardly criticize you ,will keep reading also.
As their actions clearly indicate , God is so deeply imbedded in their subconscious,they are unable to keep him out of their minds.
it is God's will that none be lost ,in spite of themselves

United States of America

#116342 Nov 4, 2013
AllofOneBlood wrote:
<quoted text>
If one uses scriptures to explain God that is Spam, but if one tries to explain in his own words they are called an idiot or many other things that suggest stupidity or living in fairytale land. The Problem is that more so than not people don't want to hear anything that anybody has to say other than what they think, from which they have conjured out of their own imagination not knowing if they are really right but that comforts many none the less, at least until an Iceberg is struck "referring to the Titanic which was thought unsinkable by the proud. So don't be that way, watch the film all the way through, I know you didn't.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =orBjzI1uPqIXX
Not sure what your reference to the Titanic is, but I have watched Cameron's version of Titanic, and several documentaries on the real subject.

I have stated on numerous occasions that I don't care what a person's belief is or lack of belief...until that person declares that their religion is 100% correct {without proof} and refuses to entertain any other thought or opinion that suggest otherwise. then it becomes a problem to me.
If a person is not willing to have an open-mind and cannot take constructive criticism, then they need to be in an 'All Christian' Forum, certainly not here.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#116344 Nov 5, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Impersonating a leatherneck this time, Sista?
Just making a connective dot to dot point lol.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#116345 Nov 5, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
So because electron flow is a "guess" science dresses up as a "theory", you don't think Ohm's Law should be taught in school. Kind of a new spin on "Resistance is futile."
BTW, your liars for Jesus probabilities have been fundamentally debunked - remember? No, I don't suppose you can.
What a canard!
Electron flow, and ohms law is proven fact!
Being an electronics tech, and a programmer...
you're just throwing garbage out there!
The fact that there is NOTHING proven, observable, or testable
in Macro evilution....
I bet you think Obama isn't a Liar too?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
clinton sell out to russia 22 min iThink 7
Crooked Creek Golf Course (Oct '12) 1 hr Robert 64
Rand Paul and his son are both DRUNK,S 1 hr Watching Lazy Crats 12
How do you get rid of coyotes??? (Oct '09) 2 hr NOT A HUNTER 159
beware of yadens auto sales 3 hr Stephanie wagers 3
***** How Good Is Time Warner Internet???? 3 hr wondering 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Apr 6 Mee 704
More from around the web

Keavy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]