Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 163201 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

curious

Winter Garden, FL

#115846 Oct 30, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I think it's funny as hell and I bet if they had the 17 billion dollar budget each year like religion gets, it would be much better spent and do a lot more for people.
I think it's almost as funny as the Christian Science Church they built. You can't tell me that this wasn't done on purpose. The slogan of the church is "Rising Up." Religion is a joke.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/29/chri...
Your response is in no way indicative of the moniker you pilfered in order to hide from the Topix mod.
Your poster is spattered all over the Topix Post Ofice.
And your posting , instead of being factual, is sprinkled with phrases such as " I think , I bet".
The 2 Comedians that established your church , are no doubt laughing all the way to the bank.
They have already started a fund raiser claiming they need hundreds of thousands of dollars for some dubious expeneses.
Guess that is what happens when your comedy creer is on the skids.
You concoct a laughable idea in order to draw foolish unbelievers into believing you can provide them with a laughable service ,and then bleed them dry.
Here is hoping they will share in their illgotten gains with Bon Jovi ,since it is his CD that they will be playing at these gatherings.
If these 2 clowns were smart , they would hire me as part of their entertainment.
I would do my Elvis imitation and get them " All shook Up"

Oh well bless my soul ,what's a wrong with me
I'll be singing to the Atheists at their jamboree
I'll read from the Bible and give them a booyah
And they'll all be shouting ,Glory hallelujah
And once they realize how wrong they have been
The room will be filled with shouts of Amen
Uhu uhu yeah yeah ,they're all shook up.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#115847 Oct 30, 2013
Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read different versions too but God will help to make known all things through Jesus Christ by the help of the Holy Spirit and the Spirit of Faith in you always. Believing in God for all things by faith, so he can be with me then more by faith seeking to know Gods loving Spirit in my life.
I seek God in Prayer, my thoughts and in my Worship over the World and steadfastly have the faith to know truth not lies through my Worshiping of him I am able to feel him thanks be to God for being ever present and willing to be in contact with us.
I happily look to when we all are with him and all he has for us. I know its far more than we can imagine. I pray he does more so increase the faith I have felt and know in Jesus the Holy Spirit to do mighty works in my life. I know and I am thankful God is lovingly me so much giving me all he has in my life and I serve him gladly.
I rejoice in Christ calling me and letting me grow with him through his leading and having faith in him to do all things for me to be who God wants me to be and who Christ called me to be.
Receiving guidance of Spirit and Christ having such love for me too choosing me & love from the Holy Spirit while sharing all Christ has given to me and will give unto me in faith. And the support in the Spirit, uplifting words, encouragement and love from my fellow believers in Christ.
Christ is strong when I am weak and being able to receive and give love through his word and love is more than my troubles in life and greater than mans ability to contain, counterfeit, duplicate and know without faith.
And he can work through me if I have faith, the devil fears God and those who follow the devil fear Jesus and even those who now are struggling with belief but harm those of Christ's fear The Holy Spirit because they know only mans ways but Gods ways are not our own.
I am even experiencing seeing fear and lack of Faith toward Christs words and Gods words to me because of limited faith even of those who Christ may have saved with his word through the Bible, the Holy Spirit can tell them all but they need to be set free of the captivity of mans ways.
Tradition and mans wisdom holds some in only believing the Bible is only a history of what happened to them back then, thinking everything is all neatly over or it couldn't happen to me because Jesus isn't here to do it like he was.
Those people then lacked faith to believe what they weren't taught, denying the ways of Christ, and not letting him though the Holy Spirit show them.
The time is coming when those will follow the evil one because he has manipulated us with the world thus far and with those who show signs and wonders to try to make even the elect fall.
But everyone has the knowledge of the true God don't be ignorant of his Spirit to know the difference in my struggle to share the true Glory of God I have experienced in faith it will help some and the false glory of the devils attempts.
Those who have felt faith in what is of God know truth, the way and the light of Jesus and no mater what we experience we do not fear but we share the same Spirit and are one in Christ Jesus being comforted by the Holy Spirit and knowing him to help us and listening to what the Spirit says to the Churches.
I love sharing in the Spirit Worshipping God while being together in fellowship of Christ.(remember, when two or more are gathered in Christs name, then he is there and with him - we have church).
That is a GREAT POST..Thank you

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#115848 Oct 30, 2013
Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
This whole subject has turned into a way Unbelievers can jump believers with their ill behavior and display thier ignorance if the word.
I don't think it's healthy for believers to constantly try continue to carry on a conversation, maybe we can only plant a seed of faith but the unsaved are using this forum to spew hate and Jesus saw immediately who would believe and who wouldn't he spoke his encouraging and uplifting words to who loved him not to those who hated him, he rebuked them once and walked away ignoring them.
Who are you to say who is saved and who isn't. That's your god's job - not yours.

Be careful, he smites cities and has killed thousands for a lot less than that.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#115849 Oct 30, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I waste time elaborating facts, evidence and statistics to the likes of a fundamentalist whack job? There has always been an overwhelming ratio of Christians to atheists in this country, yet your addled mind seems to think that 99% of all societies' ills are attributable to a historically small minority that has had a comparably small voice in policies and procedures. I'm not interested in prolonged thoughtful diatribes with you when I know from experience that 1) you don't accept objective evidence 2) you don't want to understand any other point of view and 3) it has been demonstrated a foregone conclusion that you are egotistically hostile, logically challenged and morally unprincipled at the outset. It is not because I have no retort to your long winded villainies that I don't normally address you, it is because you are only marginally worth the effort of even a bland quip.
Well , it is you who stated that I , amomg others ,completely misunderstand the bubbles we live in etc,etc,
That statement is clear sa black mud.
I asked you to explain what you meant and obviously , since that statement is meaningless , you were quite unable to give it meaning.
Therefore you changed gears and threw a tantrum.
c'est la vie ,que sera ,sera what will be will be

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#115850 Oct 30, 2013
Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read different versions too but God will help to make known all things through Jesus Christ by the help of the Holy Spirit and the Spirit of Faith in you always. Believing in God for all things by faith, so he can be with me then more by faith seeking to know Gods loving Spirit in my life.
I seek God in Prayer, my thoughts and in my Worship over the World and steadfastly have the faith to know truth not lies through my Worshiping of him I am able to feel him thanks be to God for being ever present and willing to be in contact with us.
I happily look to when we all are with him and all he has for us. I know its far more than we can imagine. I pray he does more so increase the faith I have felt and know in Jesus the Holy Spirit to do mighty works in my life. I know and I am thankful God is lovingly me so much giving me all he has in my life and I serve him gladly.
I rejoice in Christ calling me and letting me grow with him through his leading and having faith in him to do all things for me to be who God wants me to be and who Christ called me to be.
Receiving guidance of Spirit and Christ having such love for me too choosing me & love from the Holy Spirit while sharing all Christ has given to me and will give unto me in faith. And the support in the Spirit, uplifting words, encouragement and love from my fellow believers in Christ.
Christ is strong when I am weak and being able to receive and give love through his word and love is more than my troubles in life and greater than mans ability to contain, counterfeit, duplicate and know without faith.
And he can work through me if I have faith, the devil fears God and those who follow the devil fear Jesus and even those who now are struggling with belief but harm those of Christ's fear The Holy Spirit because they know only mans ways but Gods ways are not our own.
I am even experiencing seeing fear and lack of Faith toward Christs words and Gods words to me because of limited faith even of those who Christ may have saved with his word through the Bible, the Holy Spirit can tell them all but they need to be set free of the captivity of mans ways.
Tradition and mans wisdom holds some in only believing the Bible is only a history of what happened to them back then, thinking everything is all neatly over or it couldn't happen to me because Jesus isn't here to do it like he was.
Those people then lacked faith to believe what they weren't taught, denying the ways of Christ, and not letting him though the Holy Spirit show them.
The time is coming when those will follow the evil one because he has manipulated us with the world thus far and with those who show signs and wonders to try to make even the elect fall.
But everyone has the knowledge of the true God don't be ignorant of his Spirit to know the difference in my struggle to share the true Glory of God I have experienced in faith it will help some and the false glory of the devils attempts.
Those who have felt faith in what is of God know truth, the way and the light of Jesus and no mater what we experience we do not fear but we share the same Spirit and are one in Christ Jesus being comforted by the Holy Spirit and knowing him to help us and listening to what the Spirit says to the Churches.
I love sharing in the Spirit Worshipping God while being together in fellowship of Christ.(remember, when two or more are gathered in Christs name, then he is there and with him - we have church).
From "The History of Strawberry Shortcake, My Lil' Pony and Care Bears in U.S. Secondary Education", 3rd edition.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#115851 Oct 30, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
From "The History of Strawberry Shortcake, My Lil' Pony and Care Bears in U.S. Secondary Education", 3rd edition.
Lol!

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#115852 Oct 30, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
From "The History of Strawberry Shortcake, My Lil' Pony and Care Bears in U.S. Secondary Education", 3rd edition.
It is of a certainty that your limited reading experience has led you to some outrageous conclusions.

I make that claim based on the sources that you have just cited.

That limited history of your reading experience may well explain the irresponsible and illucid commets found in your postings.

If it is your desire to remain in a mental state of confusion,then I would suggest that you read a book written by Richard Dawkins.

As an aside; If you desire to gradually increase your mental acumen and increase your knowledge , I suggest you start by reading Aesops Fables.
But, do it gradually , as it may cause mental shock.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#115853 Oct 30, 2013
Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read different versions too but God will help to make known all things through Jesus Christ by the help of the Holy Spirit and the Spirit of Faith in you always. Believing in God for all things by faith, so he can be with me then more by faith seeking to know Gods loving Spirit in my life.
I seek God in Prayer, my thoughts and in my Worship over the World and steadfastly have the faith to know truth not lies through my Worshiping of him I am able to feel him thanks be to God for being ever present and willing to be in contact with us.
I happily look to when we all are with him and all he has for us. I know its far more than we can imagine. I pray he does more so increase the faith I have felt and know in Jesus the Holy Spirit to do mighty works in my life. I know and I am thankful God is lovingly me so much giving me all he has in my life and I serve him gladly.
I rejoice in Christ calling me and letting me grow with him through his leading and having faith in him to do all things for me to be who God wants me to be and who Christ called me to be.
Receiving guidance of Spirit and Christ having such love for me too choosing me & love from the Holy Spirit while sharing all Christ has given to me and will give unto me in faith. And the support in the Spirit, uplifting words, encouragement and love from my fellow believers in Christ.
Christ is strong when I am weak and being able to receive and give love through his word and love is more than my troubles in life and greater than mans ability to contain, counterfeit, duplicate and know without faith.
And he can work through me if I have faith, the devil fears God and those who follow the devil fear Jesus and even those who now are struggling with belief but harm those of Christ's fear The Holy Spirit because they know only mans ways but Gods ways are not our own.
I am even experiencing seeing fear and lack of Faith toward Christs words and Gods words to me because of limited faith even of those who Christ may have saved with his word through the Bible, the Holy Spirit can tell them all but they need to be set free of the captivity of mans ways.
Tradition and mans wisdom holds some in only believing the Bible is only a history of what happened to them back then, thinking everything is all neatly over or it couldn't happen to me because Jesus isn't here to do it like he was.
Those people then lacked faith to believe what they weren't taught, denying the ways of Christ, and not letting him though the Holy Spirit show them.
The time is coming when those will follow the evil one because he has manipulated us with the world thus far and with those who show signs and wonders to try to make even the elect fall.
But everyone has the knowledge of the true God don't be ignorant of his Spirit to know the difference in my struggle to share the true Glory of God I have experienced in faith it will help some and the false glory of the devils attempts.
Those who have felt faith in what is of God know truth, the way and the light of Jesus and no mater what we experience we do not fear but we share the same Spirit and are one in Christ Jesus being comforted by the Holy Spirit and knowing him to help us and listening to what the Spirit says to the Churches.
I love sharing in the Spirit Worshipping God while being together in fellowship of Christ.(remember, when two or more are gathered in Christs name, then he is there and with him - we have church).
I stopped reading your post when I noted you did not have the respect to actually answer the question asked.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#115854 Oct 30, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh stick a fork in your ol' waggy, judgemental, hateful tongue.
I too, like to REST on Sunday mornings. So call me a hypocrite.
But I AM still, one of the best behaved ones you'll ever dialgue with!
I judge your hateful words as hypocritical. Just why is that hateful?
No, you are not the best behaved, but you are certainly full of yourself.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#115855 Oct 30, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The Old Testament tells us of Jesus's coming.
The New Testament confirms his arrival.
That,in spite of the nonsense spouted by former monokers as UMM and Yiago.
I am assuming that they are still here ,using other monikers and you may well be one or both of those.
So, it makes me no difference which is taught.
Those parents who oppose having it taught to their children should be given the opportunity to have their children withheld from attending those classes.
They should be made available only to those who wish to attend.
Would you object to a Jewish person teaching the class? The Jew could point out all the lines that show it is less likely Jesus was the messiah prophesied. I wonder if any Christian kids would learn to doubt.
Or maybe an atheist could teach the class and they could point out how immoral so much of the bible is compared to what we see is moral today.
Point is, so much of the bible is left to ones interpretation. And a public school teacher will inject their interpretation into the lesson. This puts government in a position of promoting or condemning a specific religious holy book.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#115856 Oct 30, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think the public schools should emphasis your belief the bible is claiming Jesus is the prophesy of the OT or just let them figure that out on their own?
What I am genuinely confused about is, just what is the school teaching about the bible that the bible does not say?
If any of it is left to the interpretation of the teacher or the government, it seems to be the state is teaching its version of the religion.
We know their are many disputes even among believers about what the bible means, much less non believers. So who's version of interpretation is to be taught?
I would assume that the same rules that are applied to teaching evolution and the Scientific theory of the BB would be applied.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#115857 Oct 30, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Would you object to a Jewish person teaching the class? The Jew could point out all the lines that show it is less likely Jesus was the messiah prophesied. I wonder if any Christian kids would learn to doubt.
Or maybe an atheist could teach the class and they could point out how immoral so much of the bible is compared to what we see is moral today.
Point is, so much of the bible is left to ones interpretation. And a public school teacher will inject their interpretation into the lesson. This puts government in a position of promoting or condemning a specific religious holy book.
No,I would not mind having a JEW TEACHING THE CLASS.
Who did you have in mind? Friedrich Niezchke or maybe Sigmund Freud, both who were afflicted by mental illness , a condition that also afflicts Atheists in inordinate numbers.

Since Atheists base their moral code on their personal desires , they are hardly qualified to pass judgement on a valid moral code.
That , automatically , disqualifies them.
But , check this out , 3 names from a long list;
Continued on next post
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#115858 Oct 30, 2013
ADLER, Mortimer, author of numerous books on philosophical topics, becomes a Christian in 1986 at age 84.
"In fact, I believe Christianity is the only logical, consistent faith in the world." But that doesn't mean that Christianity is without mystery. Adler asks, "What's the point of revelation if we could figure it out ourselves? If it were wholly comprehensible then it would be just another philosophy."

ALEXANDER, Michael Solomon (1799-?), German rabbi baptized in 1825 after concluding that rabbis had concealed the truth about Jesus; seven years later he becomes Professor of Hebrew and Rabbinical Literature at King's College, London.

BARON, Andrew Mark . Aerospace engineer Andrew, raised in Conservative Judaism, comes to faith in Christ in 1982. He writes that in college "I believed God existed because of the phenomenal order to the universe, yet I felt human beings were far too miniscule for His notice." Reading the New Testament helps him to see that God "constructed us with souls that can be fed only by His own hand. Believing God cares is not intellectual suicide; believing that He doesn't care is spiritual starvation."

BLOCK David, Dr. A professor of Applied Mathematics and Astronomy in South Africa, became a believer in Christ. He wrote, "I'd listen in shul as the rabbis expounded how God was a personal God and how God would speak to Moses, to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob, and wonder how I fit into all of it. And by the time I entered university I became concerned over the fact that I had no assurance that God was indeed a personal God.... Where was the personality and the vibrancy of a God who could speak to David Block? If God is truly God, I reasoned, then why had he suddenly changed his character?" A Christian colleague told Block that a minister would be able to answer his questions; he reported, "My parents had taught me to seek answers where they may be found, and so I consented to meet with this Christian minister.[He] read to me from the New Testament book of Romans where Paul says that Y'shua (Jesus) is a stumbling block to Jewish people, but that those who would believe in Y'shua would never be ashamed. Suddenly it all became very clear to me: Y'shua had fulfilled the messianic prophecies in the Hebrew Scriptures, such as where the Messiah would be born and how he was to die.... I knew that Jesus was the Messiah and is the Messiah. And I surrendered my heart and my soul to Him that day." He concluded, "It might seem strange to some that a scientist and a Jew could come to faith in Jesus. But faith is never a leap into the dark. It is always based on evidence. That was how my whole search for God began. I looked through my telescope at Saturn and said to myself, Isn't there a great God out there? The logical next step was to want to meet this Designer face-to-face
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#115859 Oct 30, 2013
CAPPADOSE, Abraham a descendent of Portuguese Jews who escaped persecution to Holland, he became acquainted with Christ as His savior upon reading Isaiah 53.
53 Who has believed our message
and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot,
and like a root out of dry ground.
He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.
3 He was despised and rejected by mankind,
a man of suffering, and familiar with pain.
Like one from whom people hide their faces
he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

4 Surely he took up our pain
and bore our suffering,
yet we considered him punished by God,
stricken by him, and afflicted.
5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to our own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed and afflicted,
yet he did not open his mouth;
he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
and as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
so he did not open his mouth.
8 By oppression[a] and judgment he was taken away.
Yet who of his generation protested?
For he was cut off from the land of the living;
for the transgression of my people he was punished.[b]
9 He was assigned a grave with the wicked,
and with the rich in his death,
though he had done no violence,
nor was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it was the Lord’s will to crush him and cause him to suffer,
and though the Lord makes[c] his life an offering for sin,
he will see his offspring and prolong his days,
and the will of the Lord will prosper in his hand.
11 After he has suffered,
he will see the light of life[d] and be satisfied[e];
by his knowledge[f] my righteous servant will justify many,
and he will bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore I will give him a portion among the great,[g]
and he will divide the spoils with the strong,[h]
because he poured out his life unto death,
and was numbered with the transgressors.
For he bore the sin of many,
and made intercession for the transgressors.
BTW
If you need more Jews who have converted after reading and studying the New testament ,let me know..I have an exceptionally long list

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#115860 Oct 30, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
No,I would not mind having a JEW TEACHING THE CLASS.
Who did you have in mind? Friedrich Niezchke or maybe Sigmund Freud, both who were afflicted by mental illness , a condition that also afflicts Atheists in inordinate numbers.
Since Atheists base their moral code on their personal desires , they are hardly qualified to pass judgement on a valid moral code.
That , automatically , disqualifies them.
But , check this out , 3 names from a long list;
Continued on next post
You failed to answer if you object to an atheist teaching the class?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#115861 Oct 30, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
It is of a certainty that your limited reading experience has led you to some outrageous conclusions.
I make that claim based on the sources that you have just cited.
That limited history of your reading experience may well explain the irresponsible and illucid commets found in your postings.
If it is your desire to remain in a mental state of confusion,then I would suggest that you read a book written by Richard Dawkins.
As an aside; If you desire to gradually increase your mental acumen and increase your knowledge , I suggest you start by reading Aesops Fables.
But, do it gradually , as it may cause mental shock.
I'd find it curious that Apologists are the only ones who bring up Dawkins but it's well known that religion and OCD go hand in hand, and I do notice that the fundamentalists place great store in name dropping and referencing the opinions of intellects greater than their own (I would expect to see curious quote Homer Simpson, Shep Howard and Jinx the Cat if they had their own blogs on AnswersinGenesis). My own preference is to think for myself - but that is doubtlessly and paradoxically an alien thought to pew warmers.
I don't need a refresher in fables and fairy tales, thank you. I'm quite familiar with Christian dogma. I do feel obligated to warn you off from Aesop, however. You already believe in talking snakes, bushes and donkeys, there's nothing to be gained by adding the rest of the animal kingdom to your delusions.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#115862 Oct 30, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You failed to answer if you object to an atheist teaching the class?
Here are a few more names out of a list of many.
These are Jews ,whom by reading the NEW TESTAMENT BECAME TOTALLY CONVINCED THAT JESUS IS THE MESSIAH
So much for your nonsencical theory

CHRISTIAN, Paul (Malachi ben Samuel), a Polish rabbi, converts in 1621 several years after being impressed by a Yiddish translation of the New Testament. He is particularly surprised that marginal references to the Hebrew Scriptures are not distorted, as he had been told they would be. He writes, "My heart became full of doubt. No man can believe the pain and ache that assailed my heart. I had no rest day or night.... What should I do? To whom should I speak of these things?" He finally feels he has no choice but to cross over.

ELIAKIM, Ephraim Ben-Joseph, also called Haham Ephraim, a rabbi in Tiberias, Palestine, who after studying biblical prophecies believed that Jesus is the Messiah

GANZ, Richard.A brilliant psychoanalyst who saw Jesus in the Hebrew Scriptures. See his testimony

HALEVI, Solomon, Rabbi, Archbishop of Burgos(1351-1445), a respected physician. After reading Thomas Aquinas’ treatise De Legibus, examined the Messianic prophecies of the OT and the Pauline Epistles of the NT. He was baptized at the age of 31 and then studied theology

OLASKY, Marvin. Born ina Jewish-American family, Marvin declared himself an atheist at 13 and remained so for the next decade. Then followed three transition years that ended with his becoming a Christian at age twenty-six. A renowned syndicated columnist

SITENHOF, Benjamin, comes to believe in Christ by reading a Polish New Testament, and builds a refugee center in Danzig in 1923 (then a "free city" under the protectorate of the League of nations and gateway to the west from Eastern Europe

STONE, Nathanpublishes in 1944 Names of God in the Old Testament, a study showing that the attributes of God in the Old Testament belong as well to Christ as He is depicted in the New Testament. Stone becomes director of the Jewish missions program at Moody Bible Institute
Known Fact

Somerset, KY

#115863 Oct 31, 2013
Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read different versions too but God will help to make known all things through Jesus Christ by the help of the Holy Spirit and the Spirit of Faith in you always. Believing in God for all things by faith, so he can be with me then more by faith seeking to know Gods loving Spirit in my life.
I seek God in Prayer, my thoughts and in my Worship over the World and steadfastly have the faith to know truth not lies through my Worshiping of him I am able to feel him thanks be to God for being ever present and willing to be in contact with us.
I happily look to when we all are with him and all he has for us. I know its far more than we can imagine. I pray he does more so increase the faith I have felt and know in Jesus the Holy Spirit to do mighty works in my life. I know and I am thankful God is lovingly me so much giving me all he has in my life and I serve him gladly.
I rejoice in Christ calling me and letting me grow with him through his leading and having faith in him to do all things for me to be who God wants me to be and who Christ called me to be.
Receiving guidance of Spirit and Christ having such love for me too choosing me & love from the Holy Spirit while sharing all Christ has given to me and will give unto me in faith. And the support in the Spirit, uplifting words, encouragement and love from my fellow believers in Christ.
Christ is strong when I am weak and being able to receive and give love through his word and love is more than my troubles in life and greater than mans ability to contain, counterfeit, duplicate and know without faith.
And he can work through me if I have faith, the devil fears God and those who follow the devil fear Jesus and even those who now are struggling with belief but harm those of Christ's fear The Holy Spirit because they know only mans ways but Gods ways are not our own.
I am even experiencing seeing fear and lack of Faith toward Christs words and Gods words to me because of limited faith even of those who Christ may have saved with his word through the Bible, the Holy Spirit can tell them all but they need to be set free of the captivity of mans ways.
Tradition and mans wisdom holds some in only believing the Bible is only a history of what happened to them back then, thinking everything is all neatly over or it couldn't happen to me because Jesus isn't here to do it like he was.
Those people then lacked faith to believe what they weren't taught, denying the ways of Christ, and not letting him though the Holy Spirit show them.
The time is coming when those will follow the evil one because he has manipulated us with the world thus far and with those who show signs and wonders to try to make even the elect fall.
But everyone has the knowledge of the true God don't be ignorant of his Spirit to know the difference in my struggle to share the true Glory of God I have experienced in faith it will help some and the false glory of the devils attempts.
Those who have felt faith in what is of God know truth, the way and the light of Jesus and no mater what we experience we do not fear but we share the same Spirit and are one in Christ Jesus being comforted by the Holy Spirit and knowing him to help us and listening to what the Spirit says to the Churches.
I love sharing in the Spirit Worshipping God while being together in fellowship of Christ.(remember, when two or more are gathered in Christs name, then he is there and with him - we have church).
Can I ask how many cats you have?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#115864 Oct 31, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I think it's funny as hell and I bet if they had the 17 billion dollar budget each year like religion gets, it would be much better spent and do a lot more for people.
I think it's almost as funny as the Christian Science Church they built. You can't tell me that this wasn't done on purpose. The slogan of the church is "Rising Up." Religion is a joke.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/29/chri...
So is the government then!!!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#115865 Oct 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I really do not care why you do it, just pointing out how hypocritical it is. Your excuse changes nothing.
Ever thing we do it for the same reasons you do?
The difference is, we are not condemning, condemning. So you are the sole hypocrite on this.
I take it, you are not a fan of turning the other cheek also. That is fine, as long as you do not claim turning the other cheek what should be done. It is not a perfect philosophy by any means anyway. It is simply the opinion of the man many feel is a god.
Most of the believers do not follow his opinion anyway. It is called hypocrisy.
You can call me a hypcosrite all day long.
It doesn't make it true.

As far as that "turning the other cheek" stuff, I give consideration to the situation in which it might apply, and as well as when it might not.

I'm turning one on your ignorance and hatefulness right now.

But I will mention again-I have my OWN opinions and interpretations-and I do NOT need you to explain ANY words definition to me, as I read and comprehend exceptionally just fine thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Laurel County Sheriff's Department shoots horse 2 hr Rumor has it 5
Daniel Mason Melissa proffitt 2 hr whatever 2
Baptist Hospital and cheating 2 hr Dude 22
Laurel Cookie Factory -- what do you think? (Jun '08) 2 hr So true 9,414
alicia johnson have not seen her in a long time (Aug '09) 2 hr Wondering 9
Chuck Felts 3 hr Gina 2
Theives on Paris Karr rd (Jun '12) Mar 24 oldkeavy boy 14

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keavy Mortgages