Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,107

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#115565 Oct 27, 2013
My bad...
I thought Known fact was that JW who was on here...
Known fact just has no facts!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#115566 Oct 27, 2013
Good day, and week to you all!
Known Fact

Somerset, KY

#115567 Oct 27, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe...
You should dump the building/denomination, and cling ONLY to Christ!
I've seen/known others that converted to Christianity, and actually heard God/Jesus talk to them... I am one!
Ask yourself... Why would God NOT talk to His people???
It doesn't say He won't in the Bible...
In fact it does say in Joel, that He'll pour out His spirit on ALL flesh!
Do you have flesh??? If so, I'll bet it's something else blocking it!
May the Lord lead you in all Righteousness!
Amen!
True, God sure does talk to people. President Bush said God talked to him so why wouldn't he talk to you guys as well.

"President Bush said to all of us:'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me,'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."

Mr Bush went on: "And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me,'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East'. And, by God, I'm gonna do it."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/oct/07/...

Religion is a joke.
non believer

Roseville, CA

#115568 Oct 27, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to get all defensive. Sorry but I don't buy into the fact that God talks to you or anyone else for that matter. I figured that you just go around, posting your same lies over and over on any board that discusses religion and it seems as if I was right.
I thought Paul was very clear on a woman's role in religion. Sit down, shut up and obey your man. I find it strange that a woman hating God would tell you to 'judge the 12 tribes', is that what you claim he said?
I think you have put the cheese on the cracker for the apostle amber. I have doubts this person is even a female by the responses posted especially posting a email. I will save my tithe in my savings account instead.
Known Fact

Somerset, KY

#115569 Oct 27, 2013
non believer wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have put the cheese on the cracker for the apostle amber. I have doubts this person is even a female by the responses posted especially posting a email. I will save my tithe in my savings account instead.
Ha, well I'm not the crazy JW Known Fact, I just thought I would use his name for a little while. Kind of blend in with the crazies. Yeah, you're probably right that AA is male, you can't really believe anything someone says any more. The fact that we have Google at our finger tips then there's no excuse for buying into BS. I'm sure a lot of people buy his story hook line and sinker. I'm sure they will at some point ask for a donation so they can plant that 100 dollar seed. What a joke.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#115570 Oct 27, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Oh how clueless, and hateful you are!
That verse only points to the foolishness of man when
he says (Believes) there is no God!
It also makes you post things that are untrue about what you hate!
See... Christ said to Love you, and as He changed me to who I am now...(not finished yet) I do love you!
I do not want you to go to hell!
That is ALL!
What you choose is ONLY on you!
Not God, not me, not anyone but you!
What you might want to do, to keep your posts more accurate
is to read Christ's teachings, and hold them up to history!
You will be surprised to see, than some people, and religions
have done horrible things claiming God, and Christ demanded it...
when in fact, it was not so!
Is genocide good or bad?

Nottingham, UK

#115571 Oct 27, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>See...
there you go again speaking falsehoods!
What is your sin(s)?
Sin? That's one of those words that doesn't actually mean anything because it doesn't refer to a real thing.

It's in good company because there are plenty of other meaningless words that also fail to refer to something real. Words like:

Sin, blasphemy, heaven, hell, holy ghost, Jehovah, Jesus, salvation, damnation, Satan, etc.

Nottingham, UK

#115572 Oct 27, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"shining example of brotherly love, tolerance and understanding"
Really???
How much "tolerance and understanding" will you give when
a boy wants to use your girls bathroom, or visa versa???
See...
You do not know what is right, or wrong, and spout hate
for what your are clueless about!
If the main bathroom is occupied then I have no problem with a boy using the girls room.

I certainly don't need any invisible sky pixie to tell me what's right and wrong.

Amongst other things, your religion means defending genocide and infanticide. It means you approve of the murder of homosexuals, as well as anyone else who wishes to exercise religious freedom.

Furthermore, you base your whole moral system on an unproveable supernatural being. You've already demonstrated that this means you're prepared to kill for those morals.

You'll excuse me if I prefer the foundation of good solid non-belief for building my ethics. My morals can be based on verifiable common interests, known causes and known consequences.

Nottingham, UK

#115573 Oct 27, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"without wishing them to suffer eternal torture"
Can you try to tell the truth just one time?
If this was the case...
We would NOT be here WARNING you about it!
WE want you to go to Heaven!
You have the right to choose...
Life is only about choices...
God said;
Choose Righteousness unto Life, or
Sin unto death!
You WILL get what YOU choose!
Except your god's great plan is a failure. Of all the humans who have ever lived and who are yet to live - only a small amount will end up in heaven.

Seems to me that the red one wins - he gets most of the souls.

Nottingham, UK

#115574 Oct 27, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong again!
The OT proves God to be God, and
When He says something, we have total Faith,
He will do what He says!
It is a History book, and laws He set forth mostly
for the Jews, and Christ came along for the rest of us!
Read it without the hate you have for God... you will see!
I can't hate something that I don't believe exists.

I can only hate it as I would any fictional villain.

Nottingham, UK

#115575 Oct 27, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe ideals like the Golden Rule don't matter to YOUR god, but they matter to mine.
And your last statement is a bit ironic, in that you, Duquette and other atheist whiner types, certainly cannot whine about "contradictions" on that one....because that IS what is written-no "contradictions" there now is there.
POST OT-(IE: The Golden Rule and similar attributes of)
"Thou shalt not harm others" (via hateful gossip, lies or physical harm against them)
and then-
from OT dark age era -
“I the LORD thy God am a jealous God”(Exodus 20:5)
------
BIG Difference.
Just more from the OT-on the IMPERFECTIONS of humanity through out civilization as we know it, and the ways of the same. Good reading for thought however, on characteristics worthy only of AVOIDENCE in cultivating ones self.
WHY I personally have no special regard for the OT when it comes to it being any sort of "model of human behavior".
Because it's not. NOT at all.
Consider this:

A perfect and omniscient entity like the god of the Bible (who we hear is positively overflowing with love for his people) creates a primitive and barbaric justice system and expects his creation to enact it.

or

A primitive and barbaric people produce tales of a primitive and barbaric god who wants his followers to follow a primitive and barbaric justice system. Which, co-incidentally, is the only kind of justice these people know.

I know which one I would opt for.

Nottingham, UK

#115576 Oct 27, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you expect anyone to be able to do that?
That's nothing but a "grand delusion" in itself.
I don't expect any god to step in and save the children and babies because I don't believe in any gods.

However Y and A doesn't only believe in his god but he also believes his god personally stepped in and helped him out.

When Y and A sees the thousands of children and babies that die every day, he must think that his god values his life far more than he values theirs.

Nottingham, UK

#115577 Oct 27, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
It's wrong to torture others over anything, period.
You don't believe in untold billions of people being tortured for eternity by the god of the Bible?

Nottingham, UK

#115578 Oct 27, 2013
curious wrote:
At no time have you providrd ANY Scientific Explanations ,that is why,based on the reasonable conclusions that I have reached ,which you have been unable to refute , continue believing in MY God.
I'm not a scientist but when it comes to explaining our reality I do believe in the unparalleled success of the scientific method.

Just because it hasn't found answers for everything doesn't mean the answer is superstition and myth.
curious wrote:
Talking animals,giants and demons have nothing to do with how creation came into being .
Obviously you are inserting those into the conversation as one more of your many smokescreens.
They don't but your belief in them shows how low you set the bar when it comes to evidence of your god.
curious wrote:
It is you who believes in magic and voodoo.
Your magic and voodoo is what you are claiming to be factual ev idence.
Get real and get a Life
From your bible - cleansing ritual for lepers.

Get two birds. Kill one. Dip the live bird in the blood of the dead one. Sprinkle the blood on the leper seven times, and then let the blood-soaked bird fly away.

Next find a lamb and kill it. Wipe some of its blood on the patient's right ear, thumb, and big toe. Sprinkle seven times with oil and wipe some of the oil on his right ear, thumb and big toe.

Repeat.

Finally, find another pair of birds. Kill one and dip the live bird in the dead bird's blood. Wipe some blood on the patient's right ear, thumb, and big toe. Sprinkle the house with blood 7 times.

There - that's all there is to it

Nottingham, UK

#115579 Oct 27, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>One thing you forget... WE WANT YOU WITH US!
It is YOUR choice where you go... Not God's, Not ours... YOURS!
I've made my choice and I'm not going to hell and there's nothing your god can do to make me.

Nottingham, UK

#115580 Oct 27, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You reject all of it!
Read the Bible without hate...
The Book of Daniel tells of today, and His return!
The whole Bible tells of Christ!
Your rejection is on you... Not God!
Hang on a minute. You're referring to the Old Testament and by your own admission, you don't follow it's rules.

The books that make up the Old Testament belong to the Jews, not the Christians. Those OT *prophecies*(I use the term loosely) were made by the Jews. It's their religion, not yours.

Ask a Jew whether Christ fulfilled those prophecies and you'll get a quite different answer to the one you want to hear. Who are you to tell the Jews that their belief system is wrong and that they're not interpreting their own scriptures properly? Christians see the whole Jewish mythology as little more than a dress rehearsal for their own mythology.

Anyway. Many people who know the Bible far better than you or I, state that Daniel was written around the time of the Maccabean Revolt (approx 160 BCE).

I trust you're also aware that Daniel contradicts other scriptures.

What does Daniel have to say about why we suffer?

As far as Daniel is concerned, humans suffer because of forces (beasts) opposed to God and his followers. The *righteous*(another word I use loosely) behaviour of God's followers leads to their persecution and suffering. This is in Daniel 7:18 & 7:27.

Now check out Amos 3-5 where you'll see that people suffer because it's caused by God on the people who have broken his rules.

So, a quick recap here and you'll see that in Daniel it's God's enemies who cause suffering and in Amos it's God himself who causes it.

What does Daniel have to say about how suffering ends?

Well, Daniels says it will end very soon when God destroys the evil that's at large and leaves the way clear for his kingdom to be created.

What does Amos say about how the suffering ends?

Amos doesn't say it will end soon. All he says is that it will be at some point in the future and will be when the people repent.

In Daniel suffering is to end very soon when God personally intervenes and destroys the evil forces that are arrayed against him.

In Amos it's none of that and suffering will end when the people return to God.

Damn those biblical contradictions!
non believer

Roseville, CA

#115581 Oct 27, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha, well I'm not the crazy JW Known Fact, I just thought I would use his name for a little while. Kind of blend in with the crazies. Yeah, you're probably right that AA is male, you can't really believe anything someone says any more. The fact that we have Google at our finger tips then there's no excuse for buying into BS. I'm sure a lot of people buy his story hook line and sinker. I'm sure they will at some point ask for a donation so they can plant that 100 dollar seed. What a joke.
Yes a joke and google is one of the tools to debunk and help those in a cult to think they may be fooled by charlatans.

Example:
"I'm praying to Jesus to bless these ink pens and to those who will donate money to build a christian ministry in north korea for the unsaved children souls that has been denied the water of life. I will sent each and every one of you these blessed ink pens with baby Jesus picture on them for you donation "

How many I wonder would send money. A lawyer that appears on T.V. holding a bible in his hand to show clients he is a honest and righteous man.

Nottingham, UK

#115582 Oct 27, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>And please do not forget your murdering of a million babies a year in their mothers wombs!
How could a God let that happen?
Lets start with God being bigger than His creation, and
the fact He is a Spirit, and this life is choices!
How many of those starving children do you help???
Is it your choice to gripe about it, or do something about it?
Go easy on the hyperbole

Perhaps you should check out the dictionary and read the definition of "baby" before you spout more made-up statistics.

I regularly give to charity and donate money on telethons and appeals. Your god is supposedly omnipotent. That means saving the world's starving children is probably easier for him than blinking is for us.

Putting things in perspective, I do far more to help starving kids out than your absent god has ever done.

You talk about choice. What choice would that be?

According to the Bible we have no choice:

"In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will"

Ephesians 1:11

Do you know what "predestined" means?

pre·des·tine (pr-dstn)
tr.v. pre·des·tined, pre·des·tin·ing, pre·des·tines
1. To fix upon, decide, or decree in advance; foreordain.
2. Theology To foreordain or elect by divine will or decree.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/predestined

In other words, everything we do has been mapped out and decided in advance by your god.

That includes abortion doctors. They are doing what God decreed in advance for them.
perfect

London, KY

#115584 Oct 27, 2013
hollalujah wrote:
How you know if your a true Christian!:
You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions but you feel outraged when someone denies the existence of your god.
You feel insulted and dehumanized when scientists say that people evolved from lesser life forms, but you have no problem with the biblical claim that we were created from dirt.
You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a trinity god.
Your face turns purple when you hear of the atrocities attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in Exodus and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in Joshua including women, children, and animals.
You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that a Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.
You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth, but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by prehistoric tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that the Earth is a couple generations old.
You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs, will spend eternity in an in infinite hell of suffering. Yet , you consider your religion the most tolerant and loving.
While modern science, history, geology, biology and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in tongues may be all the evidence you need.
You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.9% failure was simply the will of God.
You actually know a lot less than many Atheists and Agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history, but still call yourself a "Christian"
This was dead on!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#115585 Oct 27, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you always this JudgeMENTAL?
It really does seem to be a repetative thing with you.
You might have gained a grain of credibility if you'd ever addressed YaA and Curious with the same indignant self-righteousness you reserve for skeptics. But you didn't and so are still just a troll.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 20 min Ari son of Anarchy 155,337
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 20 min independent repub... 7,080
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 46 min Big Stevie 81,660
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 1 hr Big Stevie 16,184
Highlands Diversified (Jul '12) 1 hr Distance 3
who does the best nails in london??? (Jul '08) 1 hr Distance 124
AT&T Cell Phones and Text Messages (Nov '09) 1 hr Stubear 32

Keavy Jobs

Keavy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Keavy News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Keavy

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]