Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 156471 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#115357 Oct 24, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>True today, as when it was written!
If it were true, why can you know prove it? It is simply a slogan of hate, straight from your hateful Jesus. It is demonizing a group of people due to their religious beliefs.
Sista hate those sort of people, but strangely cannot see this Jesus or the bible as being bigoted.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#115358 Oct 24, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one obsessed with Moses, not me.
I have REPEATEDLY, REPEATEDLY to the point of redundancy, stated, I am NOT any fan of the OT in general, let alone any sort of "worshipper" of.
Why can you not comprehend that SIMPLE statement? Perhaps because it does not fit your own skewed perception?
Is it that you get some sort of perverse pleasure out of twisting and distorting dialogues, so that they stay mired in muckage of ancient old history?
At least add in a few others such as Hitler, Musselini, Ceasar, Ghangus Khan--and all the other too numerous to mention warped humans that have all fit that mold over the milleniums of time on Earth as we know it.
Because your "hate Moses" rampage is redundant now too.
I have never seen you denounce the old testament, and you really did not even do it here. So I am not sure why you would think I should understand you denounce Moses' actions on the day he presented the ten or so commandments? You have yet to denounce the action. You skate around it as if you are scared of something.

I am obsessed with it, because it is entirely relevant to the topic of this thread. But for some reason you theists run from the meat of subjects that matter.

The old testament is part of the bible, and if it is to be taught in public schools, it needs to noted it promotes killing non believers. It promotes killing non believers more than once. It very directly instructs one to kill non believers, and even details how to destroy all their belongings.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#115359 Oct 24, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I have REPEATEDLY, REPEATEDLY to the point of redundancy, stated, I am NOT any fan of the OT in general, let alone any sort of "worshipper" of.
Why can you not comprehend that SIMPLE statement? Perhaps because it does not fit your own skewed perception?
Is it that you get some sort of perverse pleasure out of twisting and distorting dialogues, so that they stay mired in muckage of ancient old history?
At least add in a few others such as Hitler, Musselini, Ceasar, Ghangus Khan--and all the other too numerous to mention warped humans that have all fit that mold over the milleniums of time on Earth as we know it.
Oh, and I agree with part of your statement. I agree the mass murderers such as Hitler, Mussolini, Ceasar, and Ghangus Khan should be side by side with Moses in the line up of the worst mass murderers in known history.
And it is fine to teach that Moses was a mass murderer. But the bible claims it was a good think to kill in mass due to ones religious beliefs.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#115360 Oct 24, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
So all the statement you made about the bible being good, or not demonizing entire groups of people due to what they believe in a religious sense, are we to always assume you do not include the Old Testament? Even though I just posted a passage that Jesus supposedly spoke about non believers all being fools and evildoers?

Pal, no matter if you try to shy away from parts of the bible, it is all to filled with hate and wrong for you to escape.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#115361 Oct 24, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Stick your horse puckey gawduh wanna be doodoo in your Own ear, over bearing, pompous duhmmy.
You have NO inkling what I believe, or what I don't.
And that suits me JUST fine.
Well unless your claims of what you believe are a lie, then you contradicted your beliefs here. I specifically pointed out the contradictions. You failed to dispute my claims. You just whined like a bitch as you are doing here. Seems you are clearly guilty of contradiction. The bible is full of bigotry, old and new testaments. I showed this point by point. I showed your philosophy contradicts what the bible says. You continue to ignore these accusations. Run chicken run.
you know it

Manchester, KY

#115362 Oct 24, 2013
God can't exist because of Eric, "The God-Eating Magic Penguin." Since "Eric" is God eating by definition, he has no choice but to eat God. So, if God exists, he automatically ceases to exist as a result of being eaten. Unless you can prove that Eric doesn't exist, God doesn't exist. Even if you can prove that Eric doesn't exist, that same proof will also be applicable to God. There are only two possibilities- either you can prove that Eric doesn't exist or you can't- in both cases it logically follows that God doesn't exist.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#115363 Oct 24, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You are guessing and you guessed wrong. I do not base my faith on the writings or beliefs of Martin Luther or Copernicus.
I have posted my reasons for my faith.
I will repeat for those whose comprehension level seems to have gone askew.
There is absolutely no evidence that nonintelligent ,nonliving and unconscious matter can , by natural means transform itsel into living ,intelligent conscious human beings.
Science is unable to explain it , quantum physics is unable to explain it and my faith is unable to believe such foolishness.
Your unbelief and your faith in Atheism has led you to believe that which to me, is ludicrous.
You want to believe that life and the universe are the result of an accident,,,So be it
You may have the Faith necessary to accept that at some point in time ,Science will be able to explain it all , I have no reason nor has anyone provided any evidence for that to be true.
You can not fill in the gaps by trying to buy time ,hoping that by natural means , someday science will figure out how to create that which is not composed of matter,..life,intelligence and consciousness.
Those properties,I believe, can only be created by one who posseses those properties in abundance, not by something that does not posses those properties at all.
So you base your life philosophy upon the bible due to concepts of space that no one knows, nor likely can ever know? You think you know it is impossible, but you have zero evidence it is impossible.
That is as ignorant as claiming a god could not exist. Which most atheists never claim. They claim not to believe in any gods, or something to that effect. But to make such bold claims as you do is pure ignorance and hubris. It is claims that have no evidence at all.
No wonder you keep repeating this mantra and never debate it. It would destroy your god to find any possibility that a god might not be needed to create the universe.
No wonder you hate any science that shows anything happens naturally and without a god.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#115365 Oct 24, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Nature in all its symmetry, is indeed, proof that many things are anything EXCEPT, a hodge-podge of "random"
And science does not claim it is random. Now why would you encourage a person to be ignorant of the facts? Science haters.
SistaNoneYa

Brodhead, KY

#115369 Oct 24, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And science does not claim it is random. Now why would you encourage a person to be ignorant of the facts? Science haters.
Can you make ONE post-that doesn't involve imbecilicLY AND MORONICALLY "dissing others".

Is that possible?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#115371 Oct 24, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I addressed the issue of Matter in a previous posting. Guess you missed it. Here it is again.
If one can conclude that Nothing is unable to create something , then one must conclude that there was always something.
Whether that something is matter or an intelligent being is the pertinent question that needs be answered.
We know we are a person , alive, conscious and intelligent.
IF nonliving, non conscious ,nonintelligent Matter is the ultimate reality then one must ask the question
How is it that the cause'matter" which created life ,intelligence and consciousness ,lacking these attributes , was able to impart them to human beings.
The credo of Science is based on reason and logic, NOT Faith
Neither reason or logic is able to explain how these events occured by Natural means.
Science however has the faith that at some point in time ,they will find an answer...
In effect , the cause ,Matter, was able to create qualities itself does not posses.
The effect is greater than that which caused it.
The nonliving, created life , the nonconscious created consciousness , the nonintelligent created intelligence.
That is akin to saying that a motorcycle created bike riders.
That leap of faith that Atheists take in order to justify their beliefs is well known as Fool's Faith.
On the other hand , If one believes in a supreme being who is conscious ,intelligent and alive , there would be good reason to believe that he would be able to create life , intelligence and consciousness.
Our God lives , Our God is conscious , Our God is intelligent
The 20 billion is supposedly the time that has lapsed since the Big Bang,,,might be 15 billion...I was not there to track the time, so I could be wrong.
I understand your beliefs, but when I directly rebut the logic or claims, you run for the hills, evidently in a panic because it destroys your god.

We can question if their was an intelligence before the big bang, but to claim it must be so is without reason. It is possible that all came without intelligence. But you ignore all the science that shows that possibility, so you cling to the god of your parents and peers.

Your answer is of a simpleton. It was created by religion for the simpleton to cling to in the face of science. It is propaganda that ignores many facts. It is arrogance of claiming to know what is not known.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#115372 Oct 24, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Unlike religion, science does not claim to know what cannot be known. But it can hypothesis energy likely existed before the big bang.
Unlike religion, atheists do not stake their beliefs upon what was before the big bang, as it is unlikely we can really know.
My philosophy in life needs no information of what was before the big bang.
Atheists stake their faith on the misguided opinion that the Universe and life as we know it was not created by Intelligent design.
That God does not exist. If God is not the creator , then something or someone else is.
Who is that something or someone else?
Is it matter and energy?
I have addressed that issue in my other postings.
It seems that no one can answer that question.
I have provided my belief as to why I believe God is the creator,
along with my reasons why I hold those beliefs.
So far , no one has addressed that issue.
Some have provided very evasive responses that in no way shape or form address the issue in question....
In my view ,if one does not know the answer to that question , then it is senseless to claim that "I don't know how it happened , but I know it was not God"

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#115375 Oct 24, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists stake their faith on the misguided opinion that the Universe and life as we know it was not created by Intelligent design.
That God does not exist. If God is not the creator , then something or someone else is.
Is it matter and energy?
Some have provided very evasive responses that in no way shape or form address the issue in question....
In my view ,if one does not know the answer to that question , then it is senseless to claim that "I don't know how it happened , but I know it was not God"
No one knows, so why stake your philosophy in life upon the unknown? Again, atheism does not claim a god cannot exist, it just does not believe a god. You claim a specific god, much less some unknown god/creator. The specific god you claim seems an unlikely creator.
What should I change about my life, if a god was known to be a creator? If the god has never presented himself, then it is just a creator. Worshiping it seems pointless.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#115376 Oct 24, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it matter and energy?
I do not claim I know it was not a god, I simply do not believe it is likely a god. It is you who makes the absolute claim. Thus it is absolutely arrogant. You cannot know, but claim to know absolutely. Thus I think you are just stupid about the process of knowledge. So when you demand I must believe in your god/bible/creator, I just assume you are indoctrinated an not a deep thinker.
SistaNoneYa

Brodhead, KY

#115377 Oct 24, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, my insults are not as creative as yours. I just use the common words. None are meant to be directed at your sex. Just trying to point out how you are mean, and are scared to debate my sound points, so you divert and rant on and on with colorful insults.
You haven't posted anything worth debating.

What part of I don't worship any ancient "Moses", therefore "Your OT obsessive zealot-extremist" crapolla is UNininteresting and the repetative mired in dark age MUCK is rather juvenile, do you NOT comprehend?

And YES, I can be MEAN, too!

Big flippin' deal-that takes absolutely NO character OR skill what so ever!
As in NONE, nada, ZILCH.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#115378 Oct 24, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it matter and energy?
You are intolerant, hate-filled and foolish. You claim that you absolutely KNOW that God did this or that, and you are overtly hostile to anyone who accurately states that they do not know any such thing, that there is no evidence or proof of any such thing - and that you do not and cannot "know" otherwise. You have deluded yourself into assembling some imaginary catchall pit for skeptics and/or unbelievers of your theology. No one need ponder unduly at your extreme reaction to being deemed unhinged or senile.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#115379 Oct 24, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't posted anything worth debating.
What part of I don't worship any ancient "Moses", therefore "Your OT obsessive zealot-extremist" crapolla is UNininteresting and the repetative mired in dark age MUCK is rather juvenile, do you NOT comprehend?
And YES, I can be MEAN, too!
Big flippin' deal-that takes absolutely NO character OR skill what so ever!
As in NONE, nada, ZILCH.
No one has said that you worship Moses. The point you seem to be remiss in grasping is that the OT is the foundation of the NT, and that when a house is built on mire, muck, shifting sands and faults, the structure is doomed.
SistaNoneYa

Brodhead, KY

#115380 Oct 24, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has said that you worship Moses. The point you seem to be remiss in grasping is that the OT is the foundation of the NT, and that when a house is built on mire, muck, shifting sands and faults, the structure is doomed.
The point you all seem NOT to get, is that casting stones at others-especially when EVERYONE has backyards full of boulders...is NOT representative of any signs of any actual intelligence, let alone ethics or decency.

I agree with ya on the structure thing though.

Unstable and dysfunctional is unstable and dysfunctional.

But then I've known that for YEARS.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#115381 Oct 24, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I understand your beliefs, but when I directly rebut the logic or claims, you run for the hills, evidently in a panic because it destroys your god.
We can question if their was an intelligence before the big bang, but to claim it must be so is without reason. It is possible that all came without intelligence. But you ignore all the science that shows that possibility, so you cling to the god of your parents and peers.
Your answer is of a simpleton. It was created by religion for the simpleton to cling to in the face of science. It is propaganda that ignores many facts. It is arrogance of claiming to know what is not known.
What you call "your logic" is based on your obtuseness and incorrigibility.

Your insolent opinion that you can destroy my God is based on a superinflated ego that has deceived itself into believing that it has attained unto knowledge by following the path to foolishness.
You claim that to claim there was an intelligence before the BB is without reason..... THAT IS PURE FOOLISHNESS.

Let us again,look at the options'

1) very few people,if any, will claim that the Universe was created Ex nihilo , since Nothing is incapable of creating anything.
2)If the claim is made that it was created by natural means and that Matter is the ultimate reality , then we need to explain as to how unintelligent , nonliving and unconscious matter was able to cause an effect greater than itself, life as we know it
How was matter able to cause an effect that contains properties , that matter itself ,does not posses.
How is it that the EFFECT is greater than the CAUSE?

There is no evidence whatsoever that matter , by natural means , is able to spontaneously create life , consciousnes or intelligence.
Science has tried to create the simplest form of life and failed.
Moreover , if they did succeed , it wouild only serve to destroy their belief that life does not need a creator.

So , having eliminated Nothing as the creator of life and the Universe and ther being absolutely no evidence or logical reason to believe that that which is unconscious, nonintelligent and nonliving can , by natural means transform itself into living , intelligent and conscious matter , by simple reasoning we can reach the reasonable conclusion that ID "GOD'' is the creator .
That conclusion can be reached without bringing any religion into the equation.

Now ,you claim it is possible that there is a possibility all came without intelligence.Tell me how that is possible.
explain to me how it is possible that Nonintelligent , nonliving and unconscious matter ,was, by natural means able to acquire the nonmaterial properties of life,consciouaness and intelligence.
Was it as a result of a miracle ,magic , did it just happen or is it that you have no explanation?

Or is it that, you have the Faith and hope that maybe ,given time,Science may be asble to figure it out to figure it out.
In light of the fact that Science has no clue as to how these events occurred , your faith may bed resting on a false foudation.
So you need ask for time as a gap,otherwise , to accept what is evident would destroy your Faith of Atheism.
You may try to delay it , but it seems inevitable.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#115382 Oct 24, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are intolerant, hate-filled and foolish. You claim that you absolutely KNOW that God did this or that, and you are overtly hostile to anyone who accurately states that they do not know any such thing, that there is no evidence or proof of any such thing - and that you do not and cannot "know" otherwise. You have deluded yourself into assembling some imaginary catchall pit for skeptics and/or unbelievers of your theology. No one need ponder unduly at your extreme reaction to being deemed unhinged or senile.
Wow wee, Such anger ,vitriol , uncouthness and nonsencical
allegations are not worthy of a dignified reply,,,So ,,,I will not
attempt one.

Intolerant ,hate filled and foolish are some of my better qualities
when I am in a good mood.You should hear me when I am angry ,as you are right now.

Your description of me as being unhinged reminded me that I have to
adjust the front door,,,Thank you...

Chill out Chroe ,deal with the topic in question ,without becoming mentally discombobulated.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#115383 Oct 24, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I do not claim I know it was not a god, I simply do not believe it is likely a god. It is you who makes the absolute claim. Thus it is absolutely arrogant. You cannot know, but claim to know absolutely. Thus I think you are just stupid about the process of knowledge. So when you demand I must believe in your god/bible/creator, I just assume you are indoctrinated an not a deep thinker.
Nowhere have I stated that I KNOW , I have stated that I BELIEVE.
It is difficult to be a deep thinker when confronted with your shallow responses ,among them that I have demabded that you must believe in my God.
By using evasive tactics you and Chroe have avoided dealing with the question at hand......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Burn ban 15 min Mrsmith 1
Soccer mommies running stop signs 41 min Jose whales 6
Ricky and Ashley 16 48 min Barney 22
evil greedy pigs 49 min Lol 8
race cars all hours of the night 1 hr speed 1
who are the biggest sluts at i.o. (Apr '11) 1 hr haha 24
Lady who caught me years ago. 1 hr Abdullah 2

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance