Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 141187 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

curious

Ocoee, FL

#114468 Oct 14, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
So that when they get out of public high school that can go to college and not get thrown out for being stupid..... that would be my guess...
If you believe in evolution you can tell your kids that their ancestors were Apes , that you came from nothing , your stay in this world means nothing and when you die , you have gone full circle , you are nothing.
You can further expound on that nonsense by claiming that the unintelligent and nonliving accident that caused human existence
is more intelligent than human intelligence.
You can accentuate that nonsense further by making the absurd claim that life does not need an intelligent creator.
On the other hand , you nullify that statement by using your intellect by attempting to create life.
In effect , you are using your intellect to try and create that which you claim does not need intelligence in order to be created.
There is something wrong with that logic as it is solely supported by nonsense.
At some point in time ,life came into being.
To say that life evolved spontaneously from nonliving, nonintelligent matter is at the very least, absurd and impossible.
There is no evidenced to support that nonsense.
shut it

London, KY

#114469 Oct 14, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
If evolution is true ,how did we come by our intelligence?
Who holds the patent for the mannerf that all life is designed?
Is that all by accident?
A cell is more complicated than anything created or invented by mankind.
That which we have created is a result of intelligent beings devoting time and intellect to design.It did not magically appear from nothing.
...sometime during our spawning from the earth, we grew bigger brains with a conscience and self awareness....if the human species would have NOT developed intelligence, we would have never survived...it's survival of the fittest.
...and who says that we are as smart as we think we are? I mean, I watch ants march in a single file line building empires for their species...that takes communication and collaboration, right? Are they intelligent?
Religion likes to convince ourselves that we are special...that God made this place for us...BECAUSE WERE SOOOooooOOOOOoooo special!
....if you do some reading, you'll learn that the main religions are from the Middle east, the Jewish people are the chosen ones of Christ...LOL...it's amazingly ironic how the people who made this faith are the chosen people....LOL

...evolution is a FACT...you can't debate that, you will lose and in the process make yourself look uneducated.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#114470 Oct 14, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
If evolution is true ,how did we come by our intelligence?
I see your point. Evolution is real because you don't show any signs of intelligence by design.

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#114471 Oct 14, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"Vlad the impaler was a Christian"?
Really?
What teaching did Jesus say it was ok to impale people on pikes???
You're just as stupid as Mike, and a Liar too!
Are you taking your meds? Jumping up and down calling people stupid and liars shows you have no compelling evidence for me to consider.

Your claims of expelling demons have other believers in God laughing at your claims as well. You're showing a goat herder mentality very disturbing.

shut it

London, KY

#114473 Oct 14, 2013
...every star you see in the sky is a SUN...there's over 200-400 billion stars (suns) in the Milky Way galaxy alone and most have planets that orbit around them. Feel small yet? To top that, there's over 150-200 billion galaxies. Water = life as we know it, not a God. Science is open to changes mind you, so these are the findings as of today.
...you must understand that religion stops you from questioning our origin by simply saying, "God did it!" ...well, it's not that simple...no one said that nothing came from nothing, and according to science it's quite the opposite....a lot occurred during the creation of our sun that gave us the earth as a byproduct as a host for life.
...if your as close minded as most religious types you'll ignore the diversity of every species on earth that proves evolution is a FACT....you'll continue to tell people of how great your imaginary friend is, and how much better he is over the other's imaginary friend....it's a never ending cycle...people with good sense have denied religion since the trial of the inventor of the telescope (Galileo Galilei) from the day he proved that the Earth was NOT the center of the universe!...needless to say, the church gave him an option to plead guilty to destroying the teaching of God that the earth was flat...if they would've taken him to trial they would've killed him for telling FACTS!...but, he pled guilty for a life sentence of house arrest (for telling the truth with evidence to support it)....are you so in denial of scientific facts that you can't realize that science has debunked religious claims because there is no solid evidence of any faith...because the word faith be definition means HAVING NO PROOF.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#114476 Oct 14, 2013
shut it wrote:
<quoted text>
...sometime during our spawning from the earth, we grew bigger brains with a conscience and self awareness....if the human species would have NOT developed intelligence, we would have never survived...it's survival of the fittest.
...and who says that we are as smart as we think we are? I mean, I watch ants march in a single file line building empires for their species...that takes communication and collaboration, right? Are they intelligent?
Religion likes to convince ourselves that we are special...that God made this place for us...BECAUSE WERE SOOOooooOOOOOoooo special!
....if you do some reading, you'll learn that the main religions are from the Middle east, the Jewish people are the chosen ones of Christ...LOL...it's amazingly ironic how the people who made this faith are the chosen people....LOL
...evolution is a FACT...you can't debate that, you will lose and in the process make yourself look uneducated.
So we spawned , OK
In that case we are not descended from Apes.
Thereby , we can not claim to be a monkeys uncle ,we are the sons of a salmon.
But then , we would have to call Roger Miller's theory into question , as he claims that " my daddy was a pistol I'm a son of a gun"
And no , Evolution is not a fact. It is a nonsensical theory espoused by the mentally unsophisticated whose brains are on permanent recall

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#114477 Oct 14, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever you want to believe!
I know God is real... NOW!
You will learn it later!
Good day!
So you again just refuse to answer the charges?

This is a bit tedious. Why are you so scared to debate?
shut it

London, KY

#114478 Oct 14, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
So we spawned , OK
But then , we would have to call Roger Miller's theory into question , as he claims that " my daddy was a pistol I'm a son of a gun"
And no , Evolution is not a fact. It is a nonsensical theory espoused by the mentally unsophisticated whose brains are on permanent recall
...typical uninformed mind. Sorry, but I can't fix your kind of special...hopefully your children will have better sense to stay in school to open their eyes, my work is done here.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#114479 Oct 14, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>.
God killed every first born Egyptian child
Ex 12:29-30?
The Egyptians killed every Hebrew male child (did you not read?)
Sodom and Gomorrah
Gen 19:24?
Evil was Great in these two cities!
The Flood of Noah
Gen 7:23?
The Evil was Great in the whole world!
You do know that God did NOT command everything in the Bible??
See.... You ignorance is overshadowed by your Stupidity, and
hatred of Righteousness!
God has His reasons to do what He does, and you don't have to like it, but you should try to understand it, as your future is tied to that understanding!
You are like the criminal that protests "Stop, n Frisk"!
God is Good, and we are not...
Some of us are sorry for not being Good, and some are not!
So you believe these were just killings? I do not. American law would say they are illegal and unjust.
I see no confusion as to why these killings took place. No one here shows a lack of understanding the excuses claimed for the killings. We simply disagree the killings were just.
It is not just to kill a child for what his parents might have done.
You refuse to debate the issues head on.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#114480 Oct 14, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>No...
in these words... "you're too ignorant to understand"!
Understand your diversion? I understand it very well. You have no argument, so you run.
shut it

London, KY

#114481 Oct 14, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
So we spawned , OK
...one last thing for you to REALIZE:
The monkey that you keep saying were not related to, is actually extinct...if you have a look you'll notice that their are many primates from the spider monkey to the silverbacks, it's quite a diverse species...our predecessor was similar to what we are now.
...don't you see something that resembles 1/2 pig, 1/2 monkey when you look into the mirror?...don't you bleed red blood?...don't you have opposable thumbs?... your a mammal, which means you have mammary glands that produce lactic fluids (milk) for you offspring...just as that monkey you keep refusing to accept as family?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#114483 Oct 14, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
I have questions for all of you evolution pushing persons on here:
Can you explain now that evolution can be taught in the public school system what or how is this supposed to benefit the student?
I await your answers!
How about try answering our questions,then you may have a better chance at getting an answer in return. Give and you will receive.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#114484 Oct 14, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>That's funny...
Lib/Dems are like multiple shopping carts with different defects!
One, the caster wobbles, cannot see the harm in Obamacare!
Second, the wheel does that "Thump, thump, thump", cannot see the evil in abortions!
Third, the wheel stops dead, and then starts again, cannot see the wrong in whoring around!
Fourth, the cart keeps turning left, cannot see the evil in sex with animals!
Each of you has some good features, but you all still hang together, afraid that those you share flaws with might just point them out, but hate those that leave the flaws, and grab the Good carts!
.s
Get your wheels fixed!
So democrats have an agenda of having sex with animals?
I do not even agree with all of the health care program. Guess I am not a dem.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#114486 Oct 14, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>The Preaching of the Cross is
foolishness to those that Perish!
Cross=graven image of what is supposed to be in heaven. Now what did the commandment say about this?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Manchester, KY

#114488 Oct 14, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe in evolution you can tell your kids that their ancestors were Apes , that you came from nothing , your stay in this world means nothing and when you die , you have gone full circle , you are nothing.
You can further expound on that nonsense by claiming that the unintelligent and nonliving accident that caused human existence
is more intelligent than human intelligence.
You can accentuate that nonsense further by making the absurd claim that life does not need an intelligent creator.
On the other hand , you nullify that statement by using your intellect by attempting to create life.
In effect , you are using your intellect to try and create that which you claim does not need intelligence in order to be created.
There is something wrong with that logic as it is solely supported by nonsense.
At some point in time ,life came into being.
To say that life evolved spontaneously from nonliving, nonintelligent matter is at the very least, absurd and impossible.
There is no evidenced to support that nonsense.
That is of course all non sense based on your own lack of education in the subject... First You, Me and all human kind are Ape's not evolved from... We Are by Definition Great Ape's.... Just like a Humming Bird and Eagle are both Aves and you are taking the view that the Humming Bird is screaming I'm am not a Bird like those big ugly birds...

You show you do not have an education into the assorted knowledge bases involved in coming to the Theory and think only in short term single point mindset with little to no understanding of the broad range of knowledge in assorted fields that come into play in forming the theory.... You have no idea what constitutes Life at it's basic level nor the understanding of the idea of Intellect.... You have a view of Human's as a Ego based world view... You want to be Special, and religion gives that Superiority mindset that make you think you are Better, greater than other life forms... You see yourself as so special that a God made a Universe for you... Your religion is nothing more than your own minds way of stroking your human ego...
curious

Ocoee, FL

#114491 Oct 14, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
That is of course all non sense based on your own lack of education in the subject... First You, Me and all human kind are Ape's not evolved from... We Are by Definition Great Ape's.... Just like a Humming Bird and Eagle are both Aves and you are taking the view that the Humming Bird is screaming I'm am not a Bird like those big ugly birds...
You show you do not have an education into the assorted knowledge bases involved in coming to the Theory and think only in short term single point mindset with little to no understanding of the broad range of knowledge in assorted fields that come into play in forming the theory.... You have no idea what constitutes Life at it's basic level nor the understanding of the idea of Intellect.... You have a view of Human's as a Ego based world view... You want to be Special, and religion gives that Superiority mindset that make you think you are Better, greater than other life forms... You see yourself as so special that a God made a Universe for you... Your religion is nothing more than your own minds way of stroking your human ego...
That something is nonsense based on your say so is meaningless.
Let us look at the beliefs of some Nobel Laureate recipients
CHRISTIAN ANFINSEN, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry:

1.¨ To the question,“Many prominent scientists - including Darwin, Einstein, and Planck - have considered the concept of God very seriously. What are your thoughts on the concept of God and on the existence of God?” Christian Anfinsen replied:

“I think only an idiot can be an atheist. We must admit that there exists an incomprehensible power or force with limitless foresight and knowledge that started the whole universe going in the first place.”(Anfinsen, as cited in Margenau and Varghese, Cosmos, Bios, Theos, 1997, 139).

GEORGE WALD, Nobel Laureate in Medicine and Physiology:

WALD - THE STAUNCH ATHEIST

1.¨ In 1954 Prof. George Wald (who was still an atheist at that time) wrote in Scientific American:

2.¨“The reasonable view was to believe in spontaneous generation; the only alternative, to believe in a single, primary act of supernatural creation. There is no third position.…Most modern biologists, having reviewed with satisfaction the downfall of the spontaneous generation hypothesis, yet unwilling to accept the alternative belief in special creation, are left with nothing

SIR ERNST CHAIN, Nobel Laureate in Medicine and Physiology:

1.¨ Concerning the Darwinian theory of evolution Professor Ernst Chain (who is a theistic evolutionist) states:

“I would rather believe in fairies than in such wild speculation.…I have said for years that speculations about the origin of life lead to no useful purpose as even the simplest living system is far too complex to be understood in terms of the extremely primitive chemistry scientists have used in their attempts to explain the unexplainable that happened billions of years ago. God cannot be explained away by such naïve thoughts.”(Chain, as cited in Ronald W. Clark, The Life of Ernst Chain: Penicillin and Beyond, Weidenfeld & Nicolson, London, 1985, pp. 147-148).

2.¨ In his public lecture “Social Responsibility and the Scientist in Modern Western Society”(University of London, February 1970) Sir Ernst Chain declared:

“As far as my own actions are concerned, I am trying to be guided by the laws, ethics and traditions of Judaism as formulated in the Old Testament, which are, of course, also the basis of Christianity. I am convinced, and have been for many years, that it is impossible to construct a sort of absolute and generally applicable code of ethical behaviour on the basis of scientific knowledge alone, if only for the reason that our knowledge about the basic problems of life is far too fragmentary and limited, and will always remain so.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#114492 Oct 14, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you listen to yourself?
All that from the guy who worked at Quality control at the M&M factory and got fired for throwing out all the W's
shrug. Clever along the lines of "Your mama wears army boots", I suppose. Reminds me of the joke Clinton pulled when he left the White House - he took all the W's from the keyboards.

Still, thinking that man has been here for a mere 6,000 - 10,000 years? What the heck happened to you religies - is there some brain cell killing radiation streaming through those stained glass windows?
Y'all would embarrass P.T. Barnum with some of the stuff you claim is real.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#114493 Oct 14, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
It is your claim that is based on nonsense.
But , let us look at what is claimed by Nobel laureate recipients.
I selected 3 at random

CHRISTIAN ANFINSEN, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry:

1.¨ To the question,“Many prominent scientists - including Darwin, Einstein, and Planck - have considered the concept of God very seriously. What are your thoughts on the concept of God and on the existence of God?” Christian Anfinsen replied:

“I think only an idiot can be an atheist. We must admit that there exists an incomprehensible power or force with limitless foresight and knowledge that started the whole universe going in the first place.”(Anfinsen, as cited in Margenau and Varghese, Cosmos, Bios, Theos, 1997, 139).

GEORGE WALD, Nobel Laureate in Medicine and Physiology:

WALD - THE STAUNCH ATHEIST

1.¨ In 1954 Prof. George Wald (who was still an atheist at that time) wrote in Scientific American:

2.¨“The reasonable view was to believe in spontaneous generation; the only alternative, to believe in a single, primary act of supernatural creation. There is no third position.…Most modern biologists, having reviewed with satisfaction the downfall of the spontaneous generation hypothesis, yet unwilling to accept the alternative belief in special creation, are left with nothing

SIR ERNST CHAIN, Nobel Laureate in Medicine and Physiology:

1.¨ Concerning the Darwinian theory of evolution Professor Ernst Chain (who is a theistic evolutionist) states:

“I would rather believe in fairies than in such wild speculation.…I have said for years that speculations about the origin of life lead to no useful purpose as even the simplest living system is far too complex to be understood in terms of the extremely primitive chemistry scientists have used in their attempts to explain the unexplainable that happened billions of years ago. God cannot be explained away by such naïve thoughts.”(Chain, as cited in Ronald W. Clark, The Life of Ernst Chain: Penicillin and Beyond, Weidenfeld & Nicolson, London, 1985, pp. 147-148).

2.¨ In his public lecture “Social Responsibility and the Scientist in Modern Western Society”(University of London, February 1970) Sir Ernst Chain declared:

“As far as my own actions are concerned, I am trying to be guided by the laws, ethics and traditions of Judaism as formulated in the Old Testament, which are, of course, also the basis of Christianity. I am convinced, and have been for many years, that it is impossible to construct a sort of absolute and generally applicable code of ethical behaviour on the basis of scientific knowledge alone, if only for the reason that our knowledge about the basic problems of life is far too fragmentary and limited, and will always remain so.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#114494 Oct 14, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Only 4.4% of JW's have college degrees - a dismal and unsurprising statistic. If you are at all familiar with the cult, you might see why KF thinks that there's no good reason to teach kids much of anything that isn't in the Watchtower. How much cypherin' does the younguns needs them to run cash registers and stock shelves?
I guess they're not the sort of people who accept science as an explanation when they can opt for magic instead.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#114496 Oct 14, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
So we spawned , OK
Sorry, you haven't convinced me.

You're welcome to deny evolution. You're also welcome to tell us that the moon is made of cheese.

Meanwhile, the facts remain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heather Hollingsworth Reynonlds Prego??Who the ... 7 min titlexchange 3
Best Fried Catfish In the Tri Counties? 3 hr my opinion 5
Whant happeded to the murder lady Susie Baker ? (Jun '08) 5 hr Stephanie 83
more worker fired over minmum wage 5 hr oh yeah 6
Bristol Palin - knocked up again 7 hr like really 12
Rootbeer stand RAISED prices 7 hr Lisa 42
Looking for The Corbin version of Classic Catwoman 8 hr Ed Hieronymus 14
More from around the web

Keavy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE