Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
108,281 - 108,300 of 128,948 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

Since: Feb 12

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#113441
Sep 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I actually think that, that term for rape, would be more classified as
Having premarital sex!
But with todays values... who cares if you get a used equipment???
Virginity is a precious Gift to a spouse!
I hope your husband doesn't have to wonder about
all the other guys who'd been there first!
Your wife doesn't have to wonder how many guys you have been with, since you confessed publicly. And you talk about women being used equipment. Ha Ha, yet I bet you considered that a precious gift to your spouse. Still throwing stones as if you have no sin.

Since: Feb 12

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#113444
Sep 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I really don't think my religion feels that way!
Proverbs
31:10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price [is] far
above rubies.
31:11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that
he shall have no need of spoil.
31:12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her
life.
.
How do you get a virtuous woman?
I guess, you'd have to teach them, that they are NOT animals
like YOU guys want to do!
We also teach that Life is precious... unlike YOU guys!
So... I guess... YOU guys are full of lies!
What's those morals you keep touting???
I'm sure the bible writer did not want to rape one that was NOT a virtuous woman so in that manner he wrote that to let men know for 5 dollars you can rape a virgin in the old testament and marry her make her a slave to clean your house cook your food and beat her is she disobeyed.

The bible shows this is true. And you say you have the holy spirit to interpret the bible? As if no one else you refute you, really.

In 1800's in the state of Delaware the Christians could not get enough of Gods Proverbs 31:10 and started raping them a 7 years of age.

So please so more of your ignorance about the truth of Gods word.
haa

Wooton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#113445
Sep 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure the bible writer did not want to rape one that was NOT a virtuous woman so in that manner he wrote that to let men know for 5 dollars you can rape a virgin in the old testament and marry her make her a slave to clean your house cook your food and beat her is she disobeyed.
The bible shows this is true. And you say you have the holy spirit to interpret the bible? As if no one else you refute you, really.
In 1800's in the state of Delaware the Christians could not get enough of Gods Proverbs 31:10 and started raping them a 7 years of age.
So please so more of your ignorance about the truth of Gods word.
you are such a smart person .you know that we got to stick together .and the most we take out this crap hole we get rewarded in heaven.i have a problem i did my duties now i am here .my 75 virgins are not here.they have stuck me with two old dried up hoes.what do i do.o great one.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#113446
Sep 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Spaceship earth wrote:
Aug 3 2009
GodisAnEyeball wrote:
I don't drink. OR do drugs.
SO you can stop with your false proganda slanderous liabel, lame azz, ignorant bullsnit.
formerly really replies:
Slander and libel are two different things.Slander specifiaclly refers to the spoken word; it's not possible to slander someone in writing.
Once again, you've clearly demonstrated that you have the barest grasp of a subject but are under the impression, somehow, that you instead have deep understanding.
GodisAnEyeball wrote:
<quoted text>
You must just like ignorance.
There is a new set of laws regarding the net.
Look them up sometime.
ScienceRules replies:
Apparently your ignorance of the law exceeds your ignorance of science. For defamation of character to occur, whether through libel or slander, there needs to be a victim, an actual identified individual person or entity. Since you are anonymous here on topix, nothing said about your screen identity can rise to defamation of character because your screen persona isn't 'you'. A good analogy would be slandering a fictional character on a TV show; the real actor would have no claim to defamation of character. Now, if you chose to reveal your actual identify here on topix, then defamation of character could be an issue.
Do you bother to research ANYTHING before you post?
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
Stop STALKING me, or anyone and anything having to do with me-lunaTIC.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#113447
Sep 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Pitchfork mentality hoping to stifle free speech.
Nope, hoping the law will see it FURTHER- for the SICK in the head STALKING/harrassing and terrorizing that it is.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#113448
Sep 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Freedom of speech declares, that they can say whatever ignorance pops in their heads...
What would be cool is...
An "Ignore", or "Block" button, so we could choose not to read them!
I'd imagine, that they wouldn't use them, as they'd have lil to gripe about!
Amen!
When it's harrassing, abusing and bullying others...charges CAN be filed. Because it's just WRONG.

(And I've been a part of, promoted, and have seen plenty of research being done on promoting the furthering STOPPING that type of thing.)

One complaint warrant is all it would take.

About Cyberbullying

Cyberbullying is an ever-growing cause of concern for educators, parents, and web administrators. Topix works closely with school officials to prevent cyber-bullying and to teach students how to use our forums effectively.

If you are a school administrator and have noticed incidents of cyber-bullying on our site please report them via our School Officials Form .

Parents should file feedback by clicking the "report abuse" link on the post that they want removed.

The following links provide helpful information about cyber-bullying, its effects, and how it can be prevented.

State Cyberstalking, Cyberharassment and Cyberbullying Laws
Cyberbullying Research Center
StopBullying.gov
Cyberbullying: What schools can do to stop it
High-Tech Bullying - Online messaging is a primary way preteens communicate - and sometimes the words hurt.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#113449
Sep 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
When it's harrassing, abusing and bullying others...charges CAN be filed. Because it's just WRONG.
(And I've been a part of, promoted, and have seen plenty of research being done on promoting the furthering STOPPING that type of thing.)
One complaint warrant is all it would take.
About Cyberbullying
Cyberbullying is an ever-growing cause of concern for educators, parents, and web administrators. Topix works closely with school officials to prevent cyber-bullying and to teach students how to use our forums effectively.
If you are a school administrator and have noticed incidents of cyber-bullying on our site please report them via our School Officials Form .
Parents should file feedback by clicking the "report abuse" link on the post that they want removed.
The following links provide helpful information about cyber-bullying, its effects, and how it can be prevented.
State Cyberstalking, Cyberharassment and Cyberbullying Laws
Cyberbullying Research Center
StopBullying.gov
Cyberbullying: What schools can do to stop it
High-Tech Bullying - Online messaging is a primary way preteens communicate - and sometimes the words hurt.
You are like really stupid aren't ya.....
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#113450
Sep 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Are those teaching eternal torment blaspheming God? What about those who claim they have cast out demons by the power of Gods Holy Spirit, are they endanger of everlasting destruction by God?
The Hellfire doctrine is for sure a God dishonoring teaching but we are not judges as to what is blasphemy and what is not!
As far as casting out demons Jesus and his Apostles did but is unlikely any have the ability to do that today by means of God's holy spirit. Remember those who had the ability to cast out demons also could raise the dead.
so true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#113451
Sep 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Great early morning to all. This weather is so great. However we all no that worse shall come. I have not been on here for sometime due to issues, and have really missed reading all you guys write. You all have a good Sat...
so true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#113452
Sep 21, 2013
 
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I actually think that, that term for rape, would be more classified as
Having premarital sex!
But with todays values... who cares if you get a used equipment???
Virginity is a precious Gift to a spouse!
I hope your husband doesn't have to wonder about
all the other guys who'd been there first!
Okay ya, I do have to differ with this one on you a small amount.
See , most of all of us do have values, however sometimes in life , we tend to shove them to the side, due to hurt or even mistrust or a lot of many other things that can take place in our lifes. We are none perfect , no matter how much we try to be . The past should lay in the past , correct? I can honestly say , waiting till marriage , was something no one can take away from you , and I never regretted it , but just because one person has the strength to do so , does not mean , all will or can. Lust overwhelms at times and our values get pushed back in the bottom , however still there , just tarnished. Ever been there my dear?
so true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#113453
Sep 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity
so true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#113454
Sep 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

We are punished by our sins, not for them. Elbert Hubbard

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#113455
Sep 21, 2013
 
so true wrote:
We are punished by our sins, not for them. Elbert Hubbard
"We all live in a yellow submarine" The Beatles

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#113456
Sep 21, 2013
 
so true wrote:
Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity
"Time and Tide wait for no man" St. Marher, 1225
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#113457
Sep 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are like really stupid aren't ya.....
No, I am far from stupid.

You're like really ignorant though aren't you? Ignorant enough that you probably believe in slavery, white supremecy and a lot of other putrid, sick junk.

Well I don't.
could be

Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#113458
Sep 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

"If you lie to yourself you lie to God too."
NoneYaBizswifeSi sta

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#113459
Sep 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

so true wrote:
Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity
Time is a precious commodity, and for those who misuse and abuse others time, it will be an eternity.

2 Corinthians 6:14

Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness.

Genesis 2:22-25

And the rib that the Lord God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man. Then the man said,“This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.” Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.
NoneYaBizswifeBr otha

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#113460
Sep 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
"Time and Tide wait for no man" St. Marher, 1225
What are YOU doing these days Q, besides promoting ignorance and evile?
----------
Galatians 5:23

Gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#113461
Sep 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

could be wrote:
"If you lie to yourself you lie to God too."
Proverbs 1:1-33

The proverbs of Solomon, son of David, king of Israel: To know wisdom and instruction, to understand words of insight, to receive instruction in wise dealing, in righteousness, justice, and equity; to give prudence to the simple, knowledge and discretion to the youth— Let the wise hear and increase in learning, and the one who understands obtain guidance,...

And if you lie to yourself, you cannot qualify as having any sort of clue as to what the above proverb is saying...and some of those of us that do realize might tell you it means-

Mind your own business and condemn not, or you Will be condemned in return, because the lives, beliefs etc of others are NOT Any of your business-at all.
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#113462
Sep 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
"We all live in a yellow submarine" The Beatles
And you probably requested a built in screen door in yours..fo'fwee, no doubt.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Keavy Discussions

Search the Keavy Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 12 min Cornelius Scudmister 146,965
Look for a Place to Rent 1 hr renters 5
michael ball (May '12) 1 hr Hmm 2
WE THE PEOPLE Are Not Laughing Anymore 1 hr truth 20
alternative to eastern cable in corbin/gray area 1 hr NO JOKE 11
Riley is Right for Mayor in London 1 hr Anybody Everybody 10
Crystal Stidham 1 hr hmmm 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Keavy Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Keavy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Keavy News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Keavy
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••