Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 138043 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#113433 Sep 20, 2013
Tall Tales of The Bible Belt, where burning bushes talk and Bibles float in the air and angels will give you a lift to church, if you don't have one.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2006/08/prweb42...

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#113434 Sep 20, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I think people should have individual access to remove the threads posted by sociopathic lunaTICS, that are nothing more than the offensive tacTICS at the level of gutter-rats.
Or the public should have instant access to harassment warrants from law enforcement, including an instant fine against Topics, when TOC agreements are not immediately applied or adhered to.
Pitchfork mentality hoping to stifle free speech.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#113435 Sep 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Stay on track, YaA. The verse is about revenge. So is Hell and the Lake of Fire.
No! that verse had nothing to do with revenge, and neither is hell!
Hell is what you ask for, just as the Gift of Salvation!
It is ultimately the receivers choice!
Do I want door (A), or door (B)???
Easy as that!
There is NO door (C)... get over it!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#113436 Sep 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't believe everything you think because it feels good.
I will Know what I Know!
God is real... Get to know Him, you'll be Glad you did!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#113437 Sep 20, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I think people should have individual access to remove the threads posted by sociopathic lunaTICS, that are nothing more than the offensive tacTICS at the level of gutter-rats.
Or the public should have instant access to harassment warrants from law enforcement, including an instant fine against Topics, when TOC agreements are not immediately applied or adhered to.
Freedom of speech declares, that they can say whatever ignorance pops in their heads...
What would be cool is...
An "Ignore", or "Block" button, so we could choose not to read them!
I'd imagine, that they wouldn't use them, as they'd have lil to gripe about!
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#113438 Sep 20, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays "practice lawlessness" why can't they just pay a fine of 5 dollars just like the religious men who rape virgins?
Theocracy demands death for the children of those you claim are lawless as revenge for violating your beliefs.
This is why we need a secular government without right wing religious extremism in office you grovel for.
I actually think that, that term for rape, would be more classified as
Having premarital sex!
But with todays values... who cares if you get a used equipment???
Virginity is a precious Gift to a spouse!
I hope your husband doesn't have to wonder about
all the other guys who'd been there first!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#113439 Sep 20, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiya SS,
"Gays "practice lawlessness" why can't they just pay a fine of 5 dollars just like the religious men who rape virgins?"
Because religies believe females are chattel.
"Because religies believe females are chattel"
You just cannot help lying... can ya?
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#113440 Sep 20, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi LOL,
Good day to you. The religies want females to kneel and be subservient to them or be beaten in some manner.
I really don't think my religion feels that way!
Proverbs
31:10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price [is] far
above rubies.
31:11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that
he shall have no need of spoil.
31:12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her
life.
How do you get a virtuous woman?
I guess, you'd have to teach them, that they are NOT animals
like YOU guys want to do!
We also teach that Life is precious... unlike YOU guys!
So... I guess... YOU guys are full of lies!
What's those morals you keep touting???

Roseville, CA

#113441 Sep 20, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I actually think that, that term for rape, would be more classified as
Having premarital sex!
Your wife doesn't have to wonder how many guys you have been with, since you confessed publicly. And you talk about women being used equipment. Ha Ha, yet I bet you considered that a precious gift to your spouse. Still throwing stones as if you have no sin.

Roseville, CA

#113444 Sep 20, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I really don't think my religion feels that way!
Proverbs
31:10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price [is] far
above rubies.
31:11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that
he shall have no need of spoil.
31:12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her
life.
How do you get a virtuous woman?
I guess, you'd have to teach them, that they are NOT animals
like YOU guys want to do!
We also teach that Life is precious... unlike YOU guys!
So... I guess... YOU guys are full of lies!
What's those morals you keep touting???
I'm sure the bible writer did not want to rape one that was NOT a virtuous woman so in that manner he wrote that to let men know for 5 dollars you can rape a virgin in the old testament and marry her make her a slave to clean your house cook your food and beat her is she disobeyed.

The bible shows this is true. And you say you have the holy spirit to interpret the bible? As if no one else you refute you, really.

In 1800's in the state of Delaware the Christians could not get enough of Gods Proverbs 31:10 and started raping them a 7 years of age.

So please so more of your ignorance about the truth of Gods word.
haa

Hyden, KY

#113445 Sep 20, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure the bible writer did not want to rape one that was NOT a virtuous woman so in that manner he wrote that to let men know for 5 dollars you can rape a virgin in the old testament and marry her make her a slave to clean your house cook your food and beat her is she disobeyed.
The bible shows this is true. And you say you have the holy spirit to interpret the bible? As if no one else you refute you, really.
In 1800's in the state of Delaware the Christians could not get enough of Gods Proverbs 31:10 and started raping them a 7 years of age.
So please so more of your ignorance about the truth of Gods word.
you are such a smart person .you know that we got to stick together .and the most we take out this crap hole we get rewarded in heaven.i have a problem i did my duties now i am here .my 75 virgins are not here.they have stuck me with two old dried up hoes.what do i do.o great one.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113446 Sep 20, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
Aug 3 2009
GodisAnEyeball wrote:
I don't drink. OR do drugs.
SO you can stop with your false proganda slanderous liabel, lame azz, ignorant bullsnit.
formerly really replies:
Slander and libel are two different things.Slander specifiaclly refers to the spoken word; it's not possible to slander someone in writing.
Once again, you've clearly demonstrated that you have the barest grasp of a subject but are under the impression, somehow, that you instead have deep understanding.
GodisAnEyeball wrote:
<quoted text>
You must just like ignorance.
There is a new set of laws regarding the net.
Look them up sometime.
ScienceRules replies:
Apparently your ignorance of the law exceeds your ignorance of science. For defamation of character to occur, whether through libel or slander, there needs to be a victim, an actual identified individual person or entity. Since you are anonymous here on topix, nothing said about your screen identity can rise to defamation of character because your screen persona isn't 'you'. A good analogy would be slandering a fictional character on a TV show; the real actor would have no claim to defamation of character. Now, if you chose to reveal your actual identify here on topix, then defamation of character could be an issue.
Do you bother to research ANYTHING before you post?
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
Stop STALKING me, or anyone and anything having to do with me-lunaTIC.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113447 Sep 20, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Pitchfork mentality hoping to stifle free speech.
Nope, hoping the law will see it FURTHER- for the SICK in the head STALKING/harrassing and terrorizing that it is.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113448 Sep 20, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Freedom of speech declares, that they can say whatever ignorance pops in their heads...
What would be cool is...
An "Ignore", or "Block" button, so we could choose not to read them!
I'd imagine, that they wouldn't use them, as they'd have lil to gripe about!
Amen!
When it's harrassing, abusing and bullying others...charges CAN be filed. Because it's just WRONG.

(And I've been a part of, promoted, and have seen plenty of research being done on promoting the furthering STOPPING that type of thing.)

One complaint warrant is all it would take.

About Cyberbullying

Cyberbullying is an ever-growing cause of concern for educators, parents, and web administrators. Topix works closely with school officials to prevent cyber-bullying and to teach students how to use our forums effectively.

If you are a school administrator and have noticed incidents of cyber-bullying on our site please report them via our School Officials Form .

Parents should file feedback by clicking the "report abuse" link on the post that they want removed.

The following links provide helpful information about cyber-bullying, its effects, and how it can be prevented.

State Cyberstalking, Cyberharassment and Cyberbullying Laws
Cyberbullying Research Center
StopBullying.gov
Cyberbullying: What schools can do to stop it
High-Tech Bullying - Online messaging is a primary way preteens communicate - and sometimes the words hurt.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#113449 Sep 20, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
When it's harrassing, abusing and bullying others...charges CAN be filed. Because it's just WRONG.
(And I've been a part of, promoted, and have seen plenty of research being done on promoting the furthering STOPPING that type of thing.)
One complaint warrant is all it would take.
About Cyberbullying
Cyberbullying is an ever-growing cause of concern for educators, parents, and web administrators. Topix works closely with school officials to prevent cyber-bullying and to teach students how to use our forums effectively.
If you are a school administrator and have noticed incidents of cyber-bullying on our site please report them via our School Officials Form .
Parents should file feedback by clicking the "report abuse" link on the post that they want removed.
The following links provide helpful information about cyber-bullying, its effects, and how it can be prevented.
State Cyberstalking, Cyberharassment and Cyberbullying Laws
Cyberbullying Research Center
StopBullying.gov
Cyberbullying: What schools can do to stop it
High-Tech Bullying - Online messaging is a primary way preteens communicate - and sometimes the words hurt.
You are like really stupid aren't ya.....
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#113450 Sep 20, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Are those teaching eternal torment blaspheming God? What about those who claim they have cast out demons by the power of Gods Holy Spirit, are they endanger of everlasting destruction by God?
The Hellfire doctrine is for sure a God dishonoring teaching but we are not judges as to what is blasphemy and what is not!
As far as casting out demons Jesus and his Apostles did but is unlikely any have the ability to do that today by means of God's holy spirit. Remember those who had the ability to cast out demons also could raise the dead.
so true

United States

#113451 Sep 21, 2013
Great early morning to all. This weather is so great. However we all no that worse shall come. I have not been on here for sometime due to issues, and have really missed reading all you guys write. You all have a good Sat...
so true

United States

#113452 Sep 21, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I actually think that, that term for rape, would be more classified as
Having premarital sex!
Okay ya, I do have to differ with this one on you a small amount.
See , most of all of us do have values, however sometimes in life , we tend to shove them to the side, due to hurt or even mistrust or a lot of many other things that can take place in our lifes. We are none perfect , no matter how much we try to be . The past should lay in the past , correct? I can honestly say , waiting till marriage , was something no one can take away from you , and I never regretted it , but just because one person has the strength to do so , does not mean , all will or can. Lust overwhelms at times and our values get pushed back in the bottom , however still there , just tarnished. Ever been there my dear?
so true

United States

#113453 Sep 21, 2013
Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity
so true

United States

#113454 Sep 21, 2013
We are punished by our sins, not for them. Elbert Hubbard

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
city of corbin 50 min tanya 3
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 2 hr Walk with God 859
half sibling child birth 7 hr bluecheese 5
Justice for abused animals 7 hr Jennifer 1
add a word--drop a word (Apr '10) 9 hr Princess Hey 1,037
Crooked Creek Golf Course (for a wedding location) (Jan '09) 11 hr Nami 13
is the law about drop outs going back if under ... 11 hr Loophole 8
More from around the web

Keavy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE