Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 158078 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

SistaNoneYaBiz

Manchester, KY

#111001 Aug 20, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>On? On what?
What am I promoting?
This is an easy one.

IGNORANCE.
SistaNoneYaBiz

Manchester, KY

#111002 Aug 20, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well trying actually voicing that point next time.
"Watered out"? Is that a scientific term?
So what if the land is now under water?
Did you have a point to that possibility or are we to try and read your mind?
I could make some guesses, but I am not up for games. Just make a full point if you wish for some discussion on it. Otherwise you are just babbling.
See, you even got that backwards.

Not surprisingly though, as you had no clue as to what was being held out for discussion, you just opportunisTically used it just to run your mouth-to insult others beliefs.

You're a toad Duquette, a toad troll.
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#111003 Aug 20, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
"So you say, but cannot demonstrate"
Something "you" have to open "your" eyes to!
You photograph such beauty, and ignore who put it here!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#111004 Aug 20, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for Smurfs.... I hate freaky Blue People.....
LOL!
SistaNoneYaBiz

Manchester, KY

#111005 Aug 20, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The knowledge would be in the interest of discussing an "idea". But of course you guys don't want to go there. The idea is about the effectiveness of religions version of forgiveness.
Now back to telling us about this "event" you cannot even articulate a point about.
Some people are very forgiving, others not quite as easily and others not at all.

I personally don't believe in dark age vengence, as it just continues its cycle, over and over, mired by it's own poisons of it's own doings.

I do however believe that peoples own rotteness comes back upon them by way of karma.
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#111006 Aug 20, 2013
Skinny wrote:
Religious nutcakes, lol.
If only there were a way to bio-engineer a lethal virus that killed the simple minded retards but left the rest of us intact.
Simple minded?
As an Electronics tech, Computer programmer, and MANY other things..
Simple is NOT what we are, so, carful what you wish for, as you
may be the simple minded fool, you wish to get rid of!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#111007 Aug 20, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what the really neat thing watching some of it was?
The archeologist/Egyptologist putting some of the latest techniques to the test (of finding cities a few k-BC, trade routes to and from and just how some of those stones were manipulated--who'd've thought by swelling timber pieces)...is a WOMAN.
Uhoh-looky at SOME dem men breaking sweat beads lol.
Just because I'm not enamored with egyptology and the ancient middle east doesn't mean I hold disdain for study and research. What leads you to think that I have any issue with women scientists - or politicians or business leaders or Apostles, priests, sheikhs and rabbis? It seems that "God" and "HIS" "Godly men" are the ones who have issues with female leaders.
SistaNoneYaBiz

Manchester, KY

#111008 Aug 20, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Again, most republicans "feel" they are non partisan.
You can claim to be superman, but your words show you are no superman, or superwoman.
You are a Christian Right winger.
Again, how old are you? I guessed twelve, but I'm going for ten after reading that post, because it sounds just like a petulant little kid, with no clue as to the real world, as in IGNORANT.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Barbourville, KY

#111009 Aug 20, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Something "you" have to open "your" eyes to!
I photograph what I see and no one put it there... Nothing on planet earth today is as it has always been... All living organisms, all non living things change over times due to environmental conditions... All matter Evolves...

Barbourville, KY

#111010 Aug 20, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Something "you" have to open "your" eyes to!
Speaking of that.... Eyes wide open...

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-s0eFXn25D_...
SistaNoneYaBiz

Manchester, KY

#111013 Aug 20, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Really? I thought you were here just to practice snarky remarks.
See how WRONG you can be?

Barbourville, KY

#111014 Aug 20, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Simple minded?
As an Electronics tech, Computer programmer, and MANY other things..
Simple is NOT what we are, so, carful what you wish for, as you
may be the simple minded fool, you wish to get rid of!
Don't let em Bug ya...

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-CRTQIFe7l7...

“See how you are?”

Earth

#111015 Aug 20, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because I wasn't "telling" you "about some science". I listed a daily line up of shows on a SCIENCE channel.
And your comment was pretty pathetic dude.
How old are you? Twelve?
Thank you for pointing out that those programs should have been on the History or Discovery Channel instead. Nobody tunes to Fox News, PBS or HSN to watch a basketball game.
(I've always wondered what the Travel Channel has to do with Poker, too.)
SistaNoneYaBiz

Manchester, KY

#111018 Aug 20, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!
I bit my tongue on that one lol

“See how you are?”

Earth

#111021 Aug 20, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, how old are you? I guessed twelve, but I'm going for ten after reading that post, because it sounds just like a petulant little kid, with no clue as to the real world, as in IGNORANT.
Mike, Teabaggers are offended to be called non-partisan. They equate cooperation to compromise to CommieTics. The only reason they'd reach across an isle is to grab someone's throat.
SistaNoneYaBiz

Manchester, KY

#111022 Aug 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because I'm not enamored with egyptology and the ancient middle east doesn't mean I hold disdain for study and research. What leads you to think that I have any issue with women scientists - or politicians or business leaders or Apostles, priests, sheikhs and rabbis? It seems that "God" and "HIS" "Godly men" are the ones who have issues with female leaders.
So I extended the offer-you don't like the current subject, then your choice of discussion, for you to add to the dialogue.

And right back to harping about some god that some of you claim to have no belief in you went.

Ummmmmmmmmm....lets' recap, some God, that some of you claim to have no belief in......and what is the point then?
(how old are you???)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
SistaNoneYaBiz

Manchester, KY

#111024 Aug 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for pointing out that those programs should have been on the History or Discovery Channel instead. Nobody tunes to Fox News, PBS or HSN to watch a basketball game.
(I've always wondered what the Travel Channel has to do with Poker, too.)
I didn't point that out.

I thought they were just fine where they were at on the SCIENCE channel...given the proximety of the fields of what they encompassing, which was really NOT "history" per say.

HA.

lol
SistaNoneYaBiz

Manchester, KY

#111029 Aug 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, Teabaggers are offended to be called non-partisan. They equate cooperation to compromise to CommieTics. The only reason they'd reach across an isle is to grab someone's throat.
Yea, and then there's some of us actually GOOD kinds-that really do NOT like having to watch people suffer daily, Especially because of the utter, abject, dark age ignorance of others.

But that's the real world-just chock full of nothing BUT ignorance.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#111030 Aug 20, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
By no means do I object to your emphatic dismissal of Curious.
That is not my problem.
I was taken aback by the eloquence with which you express yourself.
Did you study under Shakespeare?
Aaaah yes, Yiago seems quite reasonable to you
Perhaps you have been tutored by Yiago. The resemblance in eloquence is uncanny.
Could it be you are twins?
You know...like The Goldust Twins,,, Useless and Hopeless
I can't claim credit for the phrase - it came from a book I read in the '70's. I didn't tell you to go do it, I merely said that I don't - and I find it far less offensive than the variations of "Go burn in Hell" that Christians are so fond of repeating. BTW, are you also taken aback by the eloquence of the term "freedom of expression?" I didn't invent that one, either.

I didn't think so at first, but as time goes on I see uncanny resemblances between curious and mantle. Could they be conjoined?

I'm reminded of the Fool's Gold Twins... you know, Delusional and Demented.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#111031 Aug 20, 2013
"YaA is not intentionally HURTING other people with his beliefs."

It is disturbing that he is WILLING to.

Perhaps Sis missed the post where Yaa said he would kill members of his family if the voice in his head told him to.

Fortunately for them, Yaa is "pretty sure" Yahweh wouldn't tell him to.

I'm just glad I'm not related to him.
His family should have him committed for his own good and their safety.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rent to own 24 min Looking for rent ... 1
found cat 28 min Please help 6
going to church and wearing makeup 39 min curious 1
Dem elect another dumb female 2 hr fred g 2
Clinton did not win a majority of the vote 3 hr ha ha ha ha 17
Single woman over 40 (Aug '15) 3 hr Single mom 224
Rats!!!! 4 hr Regina 2

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance