Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Read more: The Courier-Journal 135,599

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Read more

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#105052 May 28, 2013
Wow, they found pottery pieces in israel dated to around the time of "god in a jesus suit". See god is real. Ridiculous.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#105053 May 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's just a legal matter, then civil unions should be just fine with you, right?
I already explains how it affects the family. Please don't make me keep repeating the same answers over and over while saying I don't answer.
If you explained it, I certainly missed it.
I cannot fathom how it affects the family other than building one. Seems you wish to keep some from having a family. Immoral.
believer

Los Angeles, CA

#105054 May 28, 2013
You better get to believing. The end is near.
believer of no

Los Angeles, CA

#105055 May 28, 2013
I believe in the Sandman

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#105056 May 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No she can't hold the priesthood. And I can't have our children. This doesn't bother either of us. We have different roles.
I work and bring home the bacon. My wife stays at home with the kids. This is by choice. We decided that my wife would be a better parent to our kids than daycare. She considers this a privilege.
I rarely ever make a decision in our house unless she doesn't want to make it. I treat her like a queen and want her to be happy. I handle all the financials because she hates it and doesn't want to do it.
Funny thing is if you ask my wife if she feels inferior you'll have to wait until she finishes laughing to get a response.
You cannot bear a child because it is impossible. Is it impossible for the church to change the rules on who can be in the priesthood? Clearly not, as black persons are now allowed to make that CHOICE.
You see, the priesthood is just a made up position and has no absolute rules. You could not even produce a rule for it in the bible. But the bible is just making up the rules anyway.
The bible dies not make the rules if nature.
The priesthood is mans rules, bearing children is natures rules.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#105057 May 28, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Their certainly are nasty people in both sides here, but one side keeps claiming the bible is such a great source of moral standards. I must call out the hypocrisy.
It does look bad for atheists and agnostics to be nasty also, but at least they are not being such hypocrites. By all means, call out anyone in either side when they are out of line.
Personally, I almost can't help getting nasty with some of the people here. To show such a complete disregard for truth (whether intentional or not) is something that I find highly damaging, offensive, and rather disgusting. And further, claiming that I am doing the same thing as them is even worse. I really feel no need to reign in the language when responding to them, and I don't think it really has a lot to do with ethics. Some would say changing my language would make them more receptive to my message, but I disagree.
These people aren't here to learn and improve themselves. They aren't here to even consider a point of view other than the poorly established one that they are stuck on. They have their eyes closed, their ears plugged, and are spewing lies as loudly as possible. I truly wish it were different, as I would gladly try to help them learn...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#105058 May 28, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Self evident?"
In other words, this is just ONE MORE thing you have no clue about how, what, when, why or where, so there is no reason for you or anyone else to think about it, much less seek and provide real answers because "It's complicated, so God did it."
The water cycle is complicated and I do not know how it could happen naturally, so Zeus must have done it.
God of the gaps.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#105059 May 28, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask him...
I see, you cannot be a watchman of God and yet claim to be a Christian? Are you simply just pestering atheists for fun, can you teach anything about the bible? It is obvious you cannot, so sad. Look how well the Mormon defends his faith. Maybe you can learn something from him. You have been soundly defeated in the debate with atheists, why do you persist?

You have faith that God will talk to me and little you know what the bible has to say about that, fledgling.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#105060 May 28, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I almost can't help getting nasty with some of the people here. To show such a complete disregard for truth (whether intentional or not) is something that I find highly damaging, offensive, and rather disgusting. And further, claiming that I am doing the same thing as them is even worse. I really feel no need to reign in the language when responding to them, and I don't think it really has a lot to do with ethics. Some would say changing my language would make them more receptive to my message, but I disagree.
These people aren't here to learn and improve themselves. They aren't here to even consider a point of view other than the poorly established one that they are stuck on. They have their eyes closed, their ears plugged, and are spewing lies as loudly as possible. I truly wish it were different, as I would gladly try to help them learn...
I was not pointing to you, and I often do not read posts that are not to me, so I am not sure of what your back and forth discussion here is.
I understand some might deserve a verbal slap in the face sometimes, and I have been guilty of doing this also. I do feel it reflects badly on our position if it it taken to extremes or is at least unwarranted.
I am not the topix police, I am just stating my opinions.
I called out defender for being nasty when it did not look warranted.
defender

London, KY

#105061 May 28, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
Perhaps if you could offer something with substance other than hateful rants more people would be apt to listen...
defender

London, KY

#105062 May 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>So you are sexist as well as stupid, how appropriate. What do you expect a transitional form to be? I dare you to answer this.
Umm... I'd like to see the evolutionary line for the woodpecker or maybe the humming bird...
defender

London, KY

#105063 May 28, 2013
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text>because I am really wise I do not accept anything that makes me respect and worship something I would have to call evil, and I do not feel that I have to find an alternate belief, even if the belief is what current science or current philosophy concludes. The wise person is agnostic about many matters - but does not accept apologies for evil and call the evil good.
Damn it was my hope you could shed some light... But as usual Goose Egg... Thanks for playing...
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

#105064 May 28, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If the school is teaching ethics, maybe it should hold up the OT to show what is the most unethical rule book a culture could devise then show how logic and reasoning works so much better than rule books such as this.
I would whole heartedly agree with you on that!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#105065 May 28, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one claiming to know for a fact anything... It's the evolutionist that makes this arrogant statement!! Mountains of overwhelming evidence!!!
But as I've clearly shown (and anyone can go back and read the posts) I can't get one solid answer or one evolutionary line... Feeling a little exposed are we?
You mean like the question, were did god come from?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#105066 May 28, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm... I'd like to see the evolutionary line for the woodpecker or maybe the humming bird...
That does not answer my question:

What would be a transitional form to you?
defender

London, KY

#105067 May 28, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>How is design self evident? Because it's complicated? Look, I'll gladly give you credit for a point...when you make one. Just because something is complex is no reason to assume a supernatural designer was behind it. What you're saying is "I don't understand how this works, neither do you, so god did it".
That's silly. It's lazy, and silly.
Yet you can drop a pen and say that's the theory of gravity... When you get the flames put out on dat arse and ready to move on then let me know...
defender

London, KY

#105068 May 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Museums are not run by the scientific method, so .... what? The scientific method is what discovered that the claim was fallacious, and the actual scientists discarded it, it is not their fault that the museums want to milk something for a profit, and it's not the museums' fault that they have to use bad science to make that profit, that's your fault for perpetuating anti-scientific nonsense.
Umm.. Yeah ok..(shrug)
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

#105069 May 28, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Ironic that so many of your posts show a massive amount of disrespect.
Is it mandatory that believers be hypocritical?
I don't know, that's not in my catalogue books of descriptors :-).

I am just being "honest" in that I think it's possible for people to behave ethically, decently etc etc, with out having some stupid label attached (because I think collectively labeling people like that is disrespectful, and often oozes nothing but ignorance).
That, and I think the Sciences are GOOD things to teach in school, as well as literature, history, math etal. Absolutely.
defender

London, KY

#105070 May 28, 2013
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text>that was to defender. do you suppose that women in their current stage are the transition between savage and barbaric men and civilized persons?(sort of kidding, though I think more women are likely to have humane values and act on them, because of the survival value of some of the better qualities of women, and the - unfortunate- survival value of some of the inferior qualities of some men. genetic heritage of men who impregnate more women, and group survival of men who are more effectively warlike, for example. yuk! wonder if people could have been nicer if the nicer ones who couldn't fight well had prevailed?
Ahhh that's so sweet!!! Perhaps women will soon evolve penises!!! Lol...

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#105071 May 28, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm.. Yeah ok..(shrug)
Alright, show any such fraudulent claim that was not only discovered, but proven fraudulent by any religious leader.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Keneland Race tract 1 hr iThink 15
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 1 hr Walk with God 822
do any churches not believe the trinity (Mar '09) 2 hr Aestu 71
know anything about mike hicks 5 hr e street villains 1
Native Pride Bingo 8 hr hello 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Apr 6 Mee 704
Keavy Music Thread (May '14) Feb '15 Musikologist 4
More from around the web

Keavy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]