Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 158183 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

mmmU

Richmond, KY

#105127 May 28, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
... You are a broken record of utter stupidity.
You automatically win by calling him stupid. Congrats on your impressive debating skills.
defender

London, KY

#105128 May 28, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>You don't understand science or evolution. Intelligent design is religion. You have ignored request after request to supply information to the contrary. You are a broken record of utter stupidity.
Yak, yak yak...
defender

London, KY

#105129 May 28, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like proofs are mathematical, that the speed of light through a vacuum has been verified constant, or that the devil is constantly goosing you in de tail?
Yeah well how about going around a black hole? Got an data on that?... Can light not bend?

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#105130 May 28, 2013
their is only 1 bible

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#105131 May 28, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah well how about going around a black hole? Got an data on that?... Can light not bend?
Actually "light" em wave always travels in a straight line... It's the Quantum State (Space Time) that is bent by large grouping of particles with inertial mass... I know it's a difficult concept but it a relative issue.. From the Relative position of the light wave it goes in a straight line because it would not perceive the bending of space time from it's perspective... But from an outside observer it looks like it is bent...

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#105132 May 29, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree... It varies at the rate of expansion of the universe and the rate of local denser regions but the rate of variance is not within the detectable range of human scale... If a change of one billionth of a second occurs over a 1000 year time frame on human scale it would be Constant...
Ah, well, since I have not studied physics in great length I often get corrected by those who have. I make no qualms of such corrections, and thank your for doing so, learning is always fun, even when it's not a topic I enjoy much. ;)
ProvenScience

London, KY

#105133 May 29, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Then go start a thread about one.
This one is already thread enough. Why waste time and space starting another?
However, I will help "change gears" and display a definition of the "rpm's" of part of broken repetitive 45 records, which really has nothing at all to do with TOE, but is also very helpful, for those living in the real world anyway.

Revolutions per minute (rpm) and angular velocity, two measures of how fast a point rotates about another point, are used to solve physics, mechanical engineering and computer programming problems. Often, rpm and angular velocity are used interchangeably, to simulate pulleys turning and wheels rolling in engineering simulators and video games.

You'll have to go check your OWN sums though ...my computers are not into the hypocricy or the hate baiter games of grade school level judgeMental-ist.

Try not to let the "daily spin" confuse you.
ProvenScience

London, KY

#105134 May 29, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
No you assume!! Speculate!!! How can you not know the difference ?? You can't produce? Not my problem...
See: Identity issues (on people that "assume", Especially those that (as in repeatedly) merely "assume", often, AND INcorrectly.

As in: In Erik Erikson's stages of psychosocial development, the emergence of an identity crisis occurs during the teenage years in which people struggle between feelings of identity versus role confusion.

Kid of warped stuff-the stuff that stalkers and other similar psychologically ill people are made of.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#105135 May 29, 2013
mmmU wrote:
<quoted text>
You automatically win by calling him stupid. Congrats on your impressive debating skills.
And what are you bringing to the table, other than your not-so-helpful critique of people's debating skill? Step out of the peanut gallery and make your argument.
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#105136 May 29, 2013
Doc wrote:
God does not exist, but Jesus has been known to save S&H Green stamps.
Ignorant of the facts!
God is real, and He saved me!
Just because you don't Him... that's your problem!
ProvenScience

London, KY

#105137 May 29, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the goddamned particle. The least you could do is actually read about it.
I already mentioned that, TRUTHFULLY, with out twisting and distortion, as well along with LOTS about that MANY pages ago.
It is an area which many are in denial about.

However
DO keep trying your hand at your own UNwarrented, UNneeded, UNessential, UNcalled for hate baiter advise though, rather than just trying to pretend you have any sense , OR say at all over what others should or should not do. In other words, grow up.

Why some methods of discipline control in schools are still vastly needed-for those like yourself, that just cannot control their ignorance.

We hate to have some people give us advice because we know how badly they need it themselves.
Anonymous
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#105138 May 29, 2013
Yiago wrote:
Of course I don't mean to say that every skeleton is a fossil. My point was that all forms are in a state of change over time.
Because that's how life works. It changes. Over time.
Wrong!
Read Genesis!
Everything was made after it's own kind!
No lizard turned into a bird... that
was as fake as Piltdown man, Nebraska man, Lucy... you name it!
God is real... Please get to know Him...
You WILL be glad you did!
Derwoodsgalleryo f

London, KY

#105139 May 29, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
And what are you bringing to the table, other than your not-so-helpful critique of people's debating skill? Step out of the peanut gallery and make your argument.

peanut brain cell.

"It hump day, bweak out duh everlutionary propogandna squawrk parrot and repeat(and repeat and repeat) scwipt, for the perpetually stuck in hor_monial land!!"
ProvenScience

London, KY

#105140 May 29, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
? I know my computer was made by Dell, that doesn't help me know how it works, how to fix it, and how to program it, in any way.
No, but PHYSICS (NOT evolution!!!!) does!

Once again-PROVEN Science.

Why do you hate Science so vehemently?
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#105141 May 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Got evidence? Thanks for your superstitious opinion.
You are effectively calling most scientists, stupid nuts.
Yes I have MY evidence...
Get your own!
ANY scientist that states God is not real... is nuts!
He saved me... He can save you too!
ProvenScience

London, KY

#105142 May 29, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can prove the speed of light is a constant that is.... Devil's in the details folks...
About that the speed of light "theory"...another rather in "question" these days huh?

(Ahhhhhahaha.. gotta love it-gotta love it lol)
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#105143 May 29, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Stoning people who disagree with you is decency? Stoning children for "bad mouthing" you is decency? You are an unethical person if you think that.
Do you know how many bad children were stoned way back then???
I'll bet... Not too many!
Now we spare the rod, and get school shootings because they
wanted pudding for lunch, and there was none to be had!
Kids are rotten, and it's our fault for letting them get that way!

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#105144 May 29, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Call me what you wish. One last quote on the topic of women and the priesthood.
Gordon B. Hinckley, prior President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, said:
“Women do not hold the priesthood because the Lord has put it that way. It is part of His program. Women have a very prominent place in this Church. Men hold the priesthood offices of the Church. But women have a tremendous place in this Church. They have their own organization. It was started in 1842 by the Prophet Joseph Smith, called the Relief Society, because its initial purpose was to administer help to those in need. It has grown to be, I think, the largest women’s organization in the world... They have their own offices, their own presidency, their own board. That reaches down to the smallest unit of the Church everywhere in the world...
“The men hold the priesthood, yes. But my wife is my companion. In this Church the man neither walks ahead of his wife nor behind his wife but at her side. They are co-equals in this life in a great enterprise.”
What do you mean as I describe women? Are you going to try to turn what I brought up from other cultures, ancient and current, as how I feel about women? Please.
OK, guys, here's the deal. I get direct word from God and I reveal it to you folks. You follow my lead. Guys, you're gonna have minor magic powers too in order to lead your household. It'll be awesome. We'll get women to cook and clean and take care of our kids. And since they might complain of being treated as lessers, we'll let them have a little club that um...I dunno....takes care of all the whiners with the flu or polio. That way we don't have to screw around with it.

Ready? Go!
ProvenScience

London, KY

#105145 May 29, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Knowing if the machine is designed still does not help understand how it works, you are failing to understand this very simple concept, and it's the concept that the intelligent religious people not only understand, it's why they don't deny the benefit of science at all.
My point is, who cares? So what if everything in the universe was designed, other than being a reason to fire that contractor, it does not answer any real questions and offers no solutions to our problems, none. So again, how does knowing that the computer is made by Dell help to understand how it works and how to repair it?
It would help it gathering essentials in repairing such correctly, because SIMPLY stated, a Ford designed motor part, will NOT necassarily fit, let alone repair, something that requires a part made specifically for a Chevy.

DUH.(Common Sense 101)

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#105146 May 29, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that marriage is a divine institution. I also believe that one of the main purposes of marriage is to increase the likelihood that children will be raised by a father and mother (because it is ideal to development that they have both examples)
None of this points to gay marriage degrading marriage in general. It seems you cannot answer the question.
I would wager that half the marriages do not result in offspring, so what you believe is the purpose of marriage is not the rule.
I think people marry due to love of each other first and foremost. You deny this to gay persons. Immoral.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 28 min Child of God 1,391
Loud Booms 1 hr Mayor Adam West 23
Misty love Walters 2 hr Dasher 1955 7
Davis salvage how much is start out pay 4 hr London dock loner 6
rent to own 4 hr floyd 10
Laurel Cookie Factory -- what do you think? (Jun '08) 5 hr granny 9,403
Ashley Judd. 6 hr Foolia 20

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance