Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
96,981 - 97,000 of 130,415 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Calling us all gods kind of makes the word meaningless. Strange you make it seem I am not capable of understanding this idea when "god" applies to billions of beings?
And to think we humans are not subject to each other is a serious problem. We are subject to each other. Our laws should be a testament to that. We have common curtsies we use to get along with each other, thus we are subject to each other.
Maybe you use the word "subject" as you do "god", in a meaningless fashion.
By subject, I mean answer to (eternally) and worship. No I am not subject to another human in this manner. I am subject to laws created by men, yes. Sorry, I should have clarified this.

I believe that if we follow all the commandments of God, our Father, we can be as He is. He told us we can inherit all things. To know the mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven will be as we understand the word god.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So earth is not of gods kingdom? We have been told no human can follow all the rules as we are flawed beings, so is it not futile to aspire to be perfect? Do we really have to be so perfect to get to the supposed gods kingdom?

And I must again point out, if we are all gods, then what is gods kingdom?
Jesus told us His kingdom is not of this earth.
And the atonement is how we become perfect. It is not futile to try to be perfect. We must strive to fill the glass of perfection as best we can. The atonement of Christ fills the rest of the cup for us.

God's Kingdom is in Heaven. Not on earth. And yes, you must prepare to achieve it. It is not handed to you.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't criticizing. Don't assume my motives. I just asked a question.
Even if your intent wasn't as interpreted, my point stands. There is really no excuse to be uneducated in even the basics of evolution and then enter a debate concerning it. What do you expect people to think?
The vast majority of people who are anti-evolution suffer from the same problem as you. Lack of knowledge. At least you're apparently asking, though, so I'll give you credit there. I still recommend doing research, instead, and then ask questions to clarify any small points you may not understand instead of asking questions that display major conceptual errors.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was more than a prophet. He is the Son of God and the messiah. Since I have received a testimony that Jesus is the Christ and the Son of God, any book that says otherwise, will be discounted. There are some wise words in there, but they are not scripture.
So everyone that prays and feels Jesus is just a prophet must not be getting memos from a holy ghost?
Can you not see how your claims lacks plausibility due to this? Again I feel you are just affirming what you already believe with claims of a holy ghost.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
That happens when you post something about which ,you have no knowledge. That is your "Bullshit meter going off.
I've been trying to tell you that.
I just have not used the crude words which you have used to describe what ails you....
A wise man speaks,when he has something to say,A fool speaks,when he has to say somerhing
It's pretty disgusting that you use that name. It's an insult to every curious person on the planet. Please change to "blind follower" ,"eyes closed","never questions", or any other name more fitting of your character.
LEGIONS

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>My bullshit meter is going off

LOL okay you didn't read that post that I told you to try and understand? It's funny that when someone does research and finds passages that refute what you are trying to say , you still cannot acknowledge that perhaps your thoughts and opinions don't hold water.
LEGIONS

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

It stands to reason that you, Satanic Priest have a closed mind and refuse to listen to reason

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not deny science in general, just in the case of miracles.
I omit some of these details because it wouldn't matter in most cases if I described to you what the touch felt like (for example). So I don't waste the time to type it.
You can attribute these things to my emotional state if you want, but since I experienced these things, I know better. You will never believe me unless you experience it for yourself. The nice thing is, you can experience these things. But I cannot take the necessary steps for you to prepare for them. It is up to you. If you spent half of the time that you spend trying to explain away the experiences of others, and apply it to trying to find out for yourself, you'd have already experienced it.
And I do not recall your question or my answer in how I experience the Holy Ghost, or Holy Spirit.
I do not believe your answer due to the fact all religions make the same sort of claim, yet have very different answers. So either your claim of being spoken to is wrong, or their claim is wrong, or they both are wrong.
My point is, why should I believe your claim is not wrong when you fail to even describe the process and have no evidence?
This is the reason I keep pointing to the Koran for comparison.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not deny science in general, just in the case of miracles.
You have denied more science than what disputes miracles.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>Even if your intent wasn't as interpreted, my point stands. There is really no excuse to be uneducated in even the basics of evolution and then enter a debate concerning it. What do you expect people to think?
The vast majority of people who are anti-evolution suffer from the same problem as you. Lack of knowledge. At least you're apparently asking, though, so I'll give you credit there. I still recommend doing research, instead, and then ask questions to clarify any small points you may not understand instead of asking questions that display major conceptual errors.
Not everything is a debate dude. I just asked a question. I wasn't "entering" anything other than a conversation.
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't even make sense with my comment.
Tithing is how he got a visa?
International airline travel is rather expensive, especially for the unemployed.
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Rutroh. TruthIsn't will now pronounce that bloodletting is a sure cure for karkinos, vapours and consumption - just like it was in the Good Ol' Days.
On DNA data sequencing, the Science of microbiome studies AND faith.

In regard to the DNA sequencing testing of D. Relemn (Infectious diseases/Stamford U circa 1990) as quoted from the Body Electric (Connif, R, Smithsonian 5/2013)

"These samples typically look like nothing at all ("You have to have alot of faith in the invisable")...."

Which quite logically could interpret to "just because one doesn't see "it" doesn't mean "it" isn't there.

Peas: Drink your milk, Vit d deficiency is now thought to contribute to MS.
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct, I have no interest or role in theology. What, in Zeus's beard, does that have to do with evolution?
Even then, science and philosophy were considered as categories each to their own realms.

Duh.
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not following you. No one said short men weren't reproducing. It's about rates and averages. The average height of the human population is several inches taller now than it was several centuries ago. I'm attempting (albeit unsuccessfully) to explain how that can be explained by evolution. And it's due (at least in part) to reproduction rates. The rate of reproduction for taller men is greater than the reproduction rate of shorter men...on average. Does that make sense?
Do you think it's because bananas might be placed at higher shelf levels in grocery stores these days?
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Calling us all gods kind of makes the word meaningless. Strange you make it seem I am not capable of understanding this idea when "god" applies to billions of beings?
And to think we humans are not subject to each other is a serious problem. We are subject to each other. Our laws should be a testament to that. We have common curtsies we use to get along with each other, thus we are subject to each other.
Maybe you use the word "subject" as you do "god", in a meaningless fashion.
lol

G'day sir, don't let your petticoats show lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So everyone that prays and feels Jesus is just a prophet must not be getting memos from a holy ghost?
Can you not see how your claims lacks plausibility due to this? Again I feel you are just affirming what you already believe with claims of a holy ghost.
No you have it backwards. I believe BECAUSE of the Holy Ghost.
If your point is that people in other religions have the same conviction as I do, I understand this already. But understand that not everyone can be completely right. Everyone can have pieces of the truth, but if there is a creator, then there would only be His way. It is up to us to search it out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think it's because bananas might be placed at higher shelf levels in grocery stores these days?
No, I don't.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>It's pretty disgusting that you use that name. It's an insult to every curious person on the planet. Please change to "blind follower" ,"eyes closed","never questions", or any other name more fitting of your character.
HAhahaha. If you are going to suggest what people should be called on here based off of the character that they display, this should be really fun. We should invite all your favorite combatants. I'd love to see what they have to say. Hahaha

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Even then, science and philosophy were considered as categories each to their own realms.
Duh.
Ok. I must be more hungover than I thought. I, for the life of me, cannot see what your point is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I do not believe your answer due to the fact all religions make the same sort of claim, yet have very different answers. So either your claim of being spoken to is wrong, or their claim is wrong, or they both are wrong.
My point is, why should I believe your claim is not wrong when you fail to even describe the process and have no evidence?
This is the reason I keep pointing to the Koran for comparison.
You can't know the answer by asking someone else. You have to find out for yourself. I'm not asking you to believe me. In just sharing my beliefs. If you are serious about knowing you would take the effort to learn these things on your own with an open mind. By open mind I mean with real intent to find truth, and you must be willing to act on those findings once the truth is revealed to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Keavy Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Keavy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Keavy News, Events & Info