Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 137787 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#98146 Apr 1, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I stopped looking for respect in your posts after I realized you weren't capable.
Not with religies.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>But the monkey is no longer entertaining tonight. Good night Massengil. Wash your hands.
Yep, god in a jesus suit would be proud.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#98147 Apr 1, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Not with religies.
<quoted text>
Yep, god in a jesus suit would be proud.
Can't even stay relevent with your insults. sigh
pat

Mount Ida, AR

#98148 Apr 1, 2013
Civilization will not attain to its perfection until the last stone from the last church falls on the last priest

“There is no god.”

USA

#98149 Apr 1, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't even stay relevent with your insults. sigh
Lol, still watching. Did you make your victim ooops spouse popcorn?

“There is no god.”

USA

#98150 Apr 1, 2013
I don't think civilization will ever be perfect. There will always be idiots doing evil in some god's name.

“There is no god.”

USA

#98151 Apr 1, 2013

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Heidrick, KY

#98152 Apr 1, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
I don't think civilization will ever be perfect. There will always be idiots doing evil in some god's name.
God, No God.... Man will never be, can never be made perfect.....

“There is no god.”

USA

#98153 Apr 1, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
God, No God.... Man will never be, can never be made perfect.....
True.

“There is no god.”

USA

#98154 Apr 1, 2013
A very religious man lived right next door to an atheist. While the religious one prayed day in, day out, and was constantly on his knees in communion with his Lord, the atheist never even looked twice at a church.

However, the atheist's life was good, he had a well-paying job and a beautiful wife, and his children were healthy and good- natured, whereas the pious man's job was strenuous and his wages were low, his wife was getting fatter every day and his kids wouldn't give him the time of the day.

So one day, deep in prayer as usual, he raised his eyes towards heaven and asked:

"Oh God, I honour you every day, I ask your advice for every problem and confess to you my every sin. Yet my neighbour, who doesn't even believe in you and certainly never prays, seems blessed with every happiness, while I go poor and suffer many an indignity. Why is this?"

And a great voice was heard from above:

"BECAUSE HE DOESN'T BOTHER ME ALL THE TIME!"

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#98155 Apr 1, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Lol, still watching. Did you make your victim ooops spouse popcorn?
And this means ...?
Come on, at least make sense with your lame insults
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#98156 Apr 2, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
YaA, you are right and I should be ashamed.
I apologize, happy.
I had no call to juxtapose your simple view of life with YaA's drug induced psychotic dementia.
As I've said before, "No one is impressed with how pleasantly someone drives" - and that extends for me in how pleasantly they convey their mysticism. No matter how naive and unlearned someone seems of their own religion, I should always remember that they have feelings, and I should be considerate of that. Please forgive the gross unfairness of my comparing you to YaA, happy. As he justly pointed out, it was nasty of me.
Just like all lefties....
Believe what you want!

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#98157 Apr 2, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I mean you haven't experienced the power of prayer working for you. I have. I can't deny it.
And believe it or not, I'd feel bad for the guy too. And if possible, find him.
You have had prayers answered? Your god can not answer the prayers of a child that prays that her father stops beating her because of free will but he answers your prayers? Bullshit. You make excuses when praying does nothing than claim praying does something. Do you ever listen to the pre programed responses you give?
How is it that god helps one football team beat another when they both pray to win (and ignores the child being raped by her baptist preacher)? How is it that you can pray for financial rewards but a starving person can not pray for food?
And yes, mormons do worship wealth
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#98158 Apr 2, 2013
Ninety Nine Percent wrote:
I would like to ask a few ?, about Faith, and the (BIBLE), I am a Middle Aged Male, 56yrs Old, and have never been to Church in my Life, however, I have no Doubt that there is a (GOD), and that He has all ways been with Me! I Live in Manchester Ky., and would Like Nothing More than to Donate, or Give, the rest of My life to Him! I have always Felt like He had a Purpose, or a Plan for Me! I would give what is left of my Life, Totally to Him! The World and everthing that is in it, means nothing to Me, only His Purpose, for Me! I have come to understand, that Faith is not enough, that you must also have Doctrine, or the Word of GOD! I would like to start a serious discusion, and use this Computer for a Worthy Cause!
Great post!
God Bless you!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#98159 Apr 2, 2013
Ninety Nine Percent wrote:
I am very Pleased to see the POPE, Wash and Kiss, the Feet of Convicts, like Jesus Did, I would Be the first to say, that there is a Lot!, I dont know or understand, about the Cathlic Church, however, I also noticed the Nuns on the Bus Tour, during the Election, the Nuns, the Brides, of Christ, that Give their whole Life to GOD! Reminding People, about the True Purpose of (GOD) that serving GOD, is not about YOU, or what He can do for you, rather what you can do for Him! I have been waiting for the TRUE CHRISTIANS, to Stand Up, and Shout! Right now I wonder if I should Register Republican, before I can go to Church, Please, Politics, is beneath the Church, do not be used by these People!
Remember... In the OT, the Nation sinned, as the Leaders sinned!
Same here when we allow killing of babies for convenience!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#98160 Apr 2, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Great response/post
True!
Marriage "Equality" Leads to Sandusky's of the future...

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#98161 Apr 2, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You have had prayers answered? Your god can not answer the prayers of a child that prays that her father stops beating her because of free will but he answers your prayers? Bullshit. You make excuses when praying does nothing than claim praying does something. Do you ever listen to the pre programed responses you give?
How is it that god helps one football team beat another when they both pray to win (and ignores the child being raped by her baptist preacher)? How is it that you can pray for financial rewards but a starving person can not pray for food?
And yes, mormons do worship wealth
This is true. Prayer, when studied scientifically, does nothing for other people. It does have a postiive affect on you personally. But that is no different from meditation, relaxation, or a nice massage. It's placebo.
Prayer for other people - intercessory prayer - shows no effect.
Also, I find it insulting when people claim that God answered their prayers for the same reasons you give. I keep going back to a story I posted on here recently about three girls who were raped, murdered, and tossed down a well. I can't imagine a world in which the Christian god exists and such a crime can still take place. Free will my ass.
Your god is either a phenomenally evil monster or he isn't that tough to begin with.
Or....he does not exist.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#98162 Apr 2, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Remember... In the OT, the Nation sinned, as the Leaders sinned!
Same here when we allow killing of babies for convenience!
Your god told you to rejoice as you kill babies (Psalms 137:9) so you must kill babies to follow your god.
Here in America christian groups kill, rape, steal so you are complaining that some people do as your god says and kill babies???
Libertarian

UK

#98163 Apr 2, 2013
It's better to teach a religion as what it is - a religion, not as science.

Teach children about religion as opposed to teaching them to follow it, then they have the abiility to decide for themselves, not be brainwashed with a load of hooey, or rather someone's particular interpretation of a particular type of hooey (remember there are 38,000 different types of christianity alone in the world.

Teach them to reason and think for themselves.

USA and Iran, the only religious governments. Says it all.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#98164 Apr 2, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>True!
Marriage "Equality" Leads to Sandusky's of the future...
No it does not. PROVE IT!
You lie like a christian
chang

Indianapolis, IN

#98165 Apr 2, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>No it does not. PROVE IT!
You lie like a christian
The so called marriage equality act will come to light, if not already, because this is the devils kingdom of the lost and the damned.
They that lay with the same sex are just that...lost and damned. Not to mention disgusting.
The previous poster questioning the lack of response of God in the horrible act against the three young girls...simple answer...God did not intervene for reasons any human mind can not comprehend. Be it known though it was a man of your god.. satan...that carried the crime out.
When a saved child of God enters the kingdom ofHeaven, then and only then, will our questions that we can not answer here on earth be known and understood. The Lord says we will know by and by and not to question Him. If his Book says it is so, then it is.
I feel you and other satan soldiers are rich in the sense that every prelude to a God conversation that you are heavily armored and do a very fine job of putting doubt in those that are seeking or weak in faith. With that being said, you will be held accountable for your heathen beliefs, words, and blasphemy. When you stand on the left side of God come judgment day, you will reap your fire fueled words and satan will not be able to help your soul.
I find you educated, yet foolish. Eloquent in speech, yet ignorant in content.
I would pray for your soul, but the Lord does not hear prayers for those that are damned.
My Lord is mercy, yet vengeful. My Lord is love, yet hates. He gives you, the lost, the run of this world, cuz you will not have ever lasting life. No matter how many books you read, no matter how many classes you take, no matter how many saved people you encounter...you will never know God. His reasons, His Grace, His promises...they are only for His elect. Not for the bastards.
Sound unfair? Then turn to your master for answers and as everybody seen on this site alone...you come up empty and unsure and still ignorant.
Blessings to the Lords Elect. Matthew 24th chapter just seems to be lifted up off the holy pages. The devils bastards keep proving the precious words over and over and yet, they are so blind, they know not what they do.
What they yearn to do, they keep doing the opposite. They tend to be so educated and yet sooooooo naive.
Laughable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fake christians 29 min Toma 23
add a word--drop a word (Apr '10) 44 min Brainsneeze 1,023
Aluminum pop cans? How much is it worth? (Jan '13) 2 hr sam 25
obama was behind benghazi 3 hr JRH 10
Anywhere to meet single ladies 5 hr Yeti 14
need advice about how to get my chikd back 8 hr Mandy 8
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) May 21 cowboy 712
More from around the web

Keavy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]