Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,870

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
happy

United States

#96864 Mar 22, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Than answer the question. Who did your god have to make a sacrifice (of jesus) to? And why would an all powerful god have to sacrifice to another God?
I did answer ... Did you read my Answer? He did it for US... For YOU and me... Not to another God. Where did u read that?
happy

United States

#96865 Mar 22, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus supported owning slaves and beating them, YOU would be one of the jews slaves if they had any power
Ok lol...disagreeing agreeably lol
WOW!! I'm glad I don't think like you. So happy .... I once was blind but now I see. Praying one day you can experience this AMAZING love and joy ... Even thru court trials, wrecks, loss of life, I have peace and joy...love my Jesus. Thank you Jesus
Seriously

Henderson, KY

#96866 Mar 22, 2013
kellerman wrote:
It's not appropriate to teach religion in school. we live in a diverse society and can't teach all religions in schools. One has to keep these separate, it's up to the parents to inform their children on religious upbringing. I thought this issue was long solved, but i see it keeps coming back up.
That's like saying history shouldn't be taught because someone may be descended from a group or a culture discussed and get offended. Or that science shouldn't be taught because scientific theory is ever changing and often contradictory. Oh and let's not forget PE, because kids could get teased and it should be a parents decision if their child lives a healthy life. As long as there is a varied, multi-cultural population, there will continue to be differences of opinion, tradition, and expectations. We cannot allow one persons freedom to override that of another. How will we ever understand each other if we don't bother to learn? Those who follow any religion know that religion is part of everything you do, everything you say, what you believe, and who you are.
happy

United States

#96867 Mar 22, 2013
1john 2:22-23
So who is lying here? It's the person who denies that Jesus is the Divine Christ, that's who. This is what makes an anti-Christ: denying the Father, denying the Son. No one who denies the Son has any part with 1john 2:21-23 (in context) 1 John 2 (whole chapter)
Message

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#96868 Mar 22, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Definitely not cruel. NOTHING BAD comes from God. BAD things come from Satan. Not hard to figure that one out if you have read the Bible.
Thank you Jesus for your UNCONDITIONAL LOVE... I LOVE YOU... Ill praise you always. TY TY TY words cannot even begin to express this love. Hate even included in same sentence with God is not close to accurate. The most important of these is LOVE. That's what our God is about. Love love love
So, you don't think burning in agony for all eternity is cruel? And maybe more than a little disproportionate to the "offense"? If so, you're even more depraved than I thought. How you people think you're morally superior to anyone is amazing.

By the way, your little religious rant above is not very dissimilar to what Islamic terrorists scream before blowing themselves (and others) up. Just replace "Jesus" with "Allah".

Truly frightening...
Um-here you go

Henderson, KY

#96869 Mar 22, 2013
Mohandas Ghandi wrote:
Which bible? There are several hundred different religions and interpretations of those religions.
By capitalizing the "B" in bible, it denotes which book is being discussed. The word bible is Latin for book, and is never capitalized in the English language unless it is at the beginning of a sentance, or a used as a noun. The only time it is used as a noun, as in the case: Bible, is when discussing The Holy Bible, which is the sacred text in Christianity. There are several translations, all of the same original texts, and some more or less widely accepted due to grammatical variances.
happy

United States

#96870 Mar 22, 2013
happy wrote:
1john 2:22-23
So who is lying here? It's the person who denies that Jesus is the Divine Christ, that's who. This is what makes an anti-Christ: denying the Father, denying the Son. No one who denies the Son has any part with 1john 2:21-23 (in context) 1 John 2 (whole chapter)
Message
Continued : the Father , but affirming the Son is an embrace of the Father as well.
happy

United States

#96871 Mar 22, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>So, you don't think burning in agony for all eternity is cruel? And maybe more than a little disproportionate to the "offense"? If so, you're even more depraved than I thought. How you people think you're morally superior to anyone is amazing.

By the way, your little religious rant above is not very dissimilar to what Islamic terrorists scream before blowing themselves (and others) up. Just replace "Jesus" with "Allah".

Truly frightening...
We don't BLOW ourselves up and my little "rantings" as you call them are praises to my God that has saved and delivered me of which you know nothing about. You don't scare me or threaten me. I feel nothing but sorrow for you because you deny our maker. The person you would run to if you Knew Him and not of Him. When you have been RESCUED you realize how much Grace and Mercy you have been shown and therefore I continually PRAISE MY GOD... Continue to think what you will just like I do. I have my own proof. Living proof. That's all I need...thank you Jesus. I love you

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#96872 Mar 22, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>If you believe we are in the "End times", as I do...
The Book of Joel should be of interest to you!
We don't.
happy

United States

#96873 Mar 22, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>So, you don't think burning in agony for all eternity is cruel? And maybe more than a little disproportionate to the "offense"? If so, you're even more depraved than I thought. How you people think you're morally superior to anyone is amazing.

By the way, your little religious rant above is not very dissimilar to what Islamic terrorists scream before blowing themselves (and others) up. Just replace "Jesus" with "Allah".

Truly frightening...
Oh and it's YOUR CHOIce if you burn in agony. That's why it's called FREE WILL. You choose Heaven or Hell. It's not that hard to figure out. The gospel is easy enough for a child to
Understand it's adults that COMPLICATE the gospel.
happy

United States

#96874 Mar 22, 2013
The case for a Creator
Dr lee Strobel
Darwin or design Paul a Nelson
How BIOLOGY points toward God
Dr Raymond Bohlin
How the UNIVERSE points to a CREATOR... Dr John Bloom

There is proof all around us. Doesn't really take a scientist or brain surgeon to figure it out.
I would rather have my intelligence than have a iq so high that I have no common sense or deny what I can't see. Can you see the WIND? Lol. No but you know it's there!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#96875 Mar 22, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't BLOW ourselves up and my little "rantings" as you call them are praises to my God that has saved and delivered me of which you know nothing about. You don't scare me or threaten me. I feel nothing but sorrow for you because you deny our maker. The person you would run to if you Knew Him and not of Him. When you have been RESCUED you realize how much Grace and Mercy you have been shown and therefore I continually PRAISE MY GOD... Continue to think what you will just like I do. I have my own proof. Living proof. That's all I need...thank you Jesus. I love you
Well, I guess if I believed in a god that was going to burn me for eternity if I din't constantly give him props, I'd probably do the same.
It must be terrifying for you. How do you know that you're doing the song and dance right? What about all the people who are certain that you're doing it wrong and are convinced (just as convinced as you) that you are going to hell because you believe differently? I mean, heck if he's willing to eternally torture people with extreme and unrelenting pain for just not believing he exists... what wouldn't set him off? What if what really makes him mad is not using your intelligence and thinking freely and rationally?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#96876 Mar 22, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
And Job never spoke against God. That's proof how great He is... Good point. TY :-)
God allowed Satan to bring those to Job. He also protected Him and LOOK how he was BLESSED after all that. What Satan meant for harm just came out BETTER for Job. Thanks for that reminder. I love Job. What a great man
Is that supposed to be representative of your logical prowess? I said things didn't work out so well for Job's FAMILY. That he was given another one must have been scant consolation to the first. In war, they would be called "collateral damage." What do you call it in "LOVE?" Maybe you aren't familiar with the story.
Satan shows up on God's doorstep with some other angels. God asks where he's been.(God couldn't see where he was?) Satan said wandering around the Earth. God singles out Job as someone who is fearful of Him and tries to do the right thing. The devils says, no kidding, you pamper him. God says, alright then, do your worst - he'll still prostrate himself before me.
Job is driven almost to suicide, confused about what he'd done to deserve such punishment (he never does figure out that it's the devil who's been put up to it, does he?) and the answer that was hidden from him? It was all just to have God win the bet that Job would remain God fearing. No shyte! That is God's "unconditional love?" Yer whacko, Lady.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#96877 Mar 22, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
I did answer ... Did you read my Answer? He did it for US... For YOU and me... Not to another God. Where did u read that?
You state that god made a sacrifice FOR people, but I asked WHO god made the sacrifice TO.
If god was all powerful why would he need to make a sacrifice?
Why did your god demand that people sacrifice animals to him and slaughter people for him?
Your god is far from a loving god. And the fable of jesus loving every one is not true. Jesus hated any one who was not jewish and condoned making them slaves.
Please read your bible. The whole bible and not a verse here and a verse there
happy

United States

#96878 Mar 22, 2013
Um-here you go wrote:
<quoted text>By capitalizing the "B" in bible, it denotes which book is being discussed. The word bible is Latin for book, and is never capitalized in the English language unless it is at the beginning of a sentance, or a used as a noun. The only time it is used as a noun, as in the case: Bible, is when discussing The Holy Bible, which is the sacred text in Christianity. There are several translations, all of the same original texts, and some more or less widely accepted due to grammatical variances.
I usually capitalize for anything referring to God or His word. So sorry if I offended you. Such little things to point out...it take notice of but that's my opinion just like you have yours
GWB

Roseville, CA

#96879 Mar 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nephew, not brother.
oops! Thanks for the correction.
happy

United States

#96880 Mar 22, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You state that god made a sacrifice FOR people, but I asked WHO god made the sacrifice TO.
If god was all powerful why would he need to make a sacrifice?
Why did your god demand that people sacrifice animals to him and slaughter people for him?
Your god is far from a loving god. And the fable of jesus loving every one is not true. Jesus hated any one who was not jewish and condoned making them slaves.
Please read your bible. The whole bible and not a verse here and a verse there
Ok I disagree like you disagree with me. You choose your way ill stick with Jesus!
happy

United States

#96881 Mar 22, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You state that god made a sacrifice FOR people, but I asked WHO god made the sacrifice TO.
If god was all powerful why would he need to make a sacrifice?
Why did your god demand that people sacrifice animals to him and slaughter people for him?
Your god is far from a loving god. And the fable of jesus loving every one is not true. Jesus hated any one who was not jewish and condoned making them slaves.
Please read your bible. The whole bible and not a verse here and a verse there
To save us from us! MAkes perfect sense to me. I'm sure not perfect and still make the wrong choice sometimes but when you have accepted Hesus as your Saviour then you are FORGIVEN.. Love and forgiveness is the basis for Christianity

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#96883 Mar 22, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
To save us from us! MAkes perfect sense to me. I'm sure not perfect and still make the wrong choice sometimes but when you have accepted Hesus as your Saviour then you are FORGIVEN.. Love and forgiveness is the basis for Christianity
So christianity is a new religion with a different new god
GWB

Roseville, CA

#96885 Mar 22, 2013
-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey buddy, it's Governing Body, not Board. They have taken over complete control of their teachings now. They use to say the The Faithful and Discreet Slave was made up of many, some of those being found in the bible. They changed that view in the last few months and now claim the GB, eight men I think, are now the Faithful and Discreet Slave. They change crap like that all the time and just claim the "light got brighter." The JWs today are nothing like how they started out.
Thanks for the correction, I need to proof read my stuff, just got into a hurry but glad you corrected me also.

How many of the GB get a pension when they retired or do they live a life of luxury while at the brooklyn headquarters? Are the GB chauffeured in limos and travel across country in their own private jets?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Designers Catering (May '12) 1 hr girl that loves b... 13
propane (Aug '11) 2 hr little engine tha... 5
Wildcat rape 3 hr Curious 1
If You Worship Your Christmas Tree, You Are SIN... 5 hr girl that loves b... 9
Loan or loan shark 5 hr bottoms 77 2
ppl claiming 2B christians, gambling W/bingo games 6 hr Unitarian 15
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Dec 6 Abe 694
Keavy Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Keavy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Keavy News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Keavy

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:35 pm PST

NBC Sports 9:35PM
Jaguars players wear "I can't breathe" shirts in pregame warm ups
Bleacher Report 9:37 PM
Titans Stay on Pace for Potential No. 1 Pick
Bleacher Report 9:53 PM
Tennessee Titans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: Video Highlights and Recap from Week
Bleacher Report 9:54 PM
Jags Hold on for 21-13 Win vs. Titans on TNF
Yahoo! Sports11:06 PM
Long Todman run helps Jaguars take down Titans