collecting a judgement

collecting a judgement

Posted in the Keavy Forum

fed up

London, KY

#1 Jul 23, 2013
I have a court ordered judgement against a local individual that accrues 12% interest annually. I am wondering if anyone has had any luck collecting on a judgement? This person thinks he is sly, keeps things in his son's name and a few times that I have had the sheriff's department attempt to take property he claims it belongs to his brother and they cannot seize it. I am willing to pay for assistance as this is a matter of principle, not so much about the money. Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.
mee

Mount Sterling, KY

#2 Jul 23, 2013
fed up wrote:
I have a court ordered judgement against a local individual that accrues 12% interest annually. I am wondering if anyone has had any luck collecting on a judgement? This person thinks he is sly, keeps things in his son's name and a few times that I have had the sheriff's department attempt to take property he claims it belongs to his brother and they cannot seize it. I am willing to pay for assistance as this is a matter of principle, not so much about the money. Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.
i had a court ordered judgement against me from a credit card company and the garnished my wages from work they took it out weekly
fed up

London, KY

#3 Jul 23, 2013
mee wrote:
<quoted text> i had a court ordered judgement against me from a credit card company and the garnished my wages from work they took it out weekly
This deadbeat does not work, at least not a regular job.

Since: Nov 08

Corbin Ky.

#4 Jul 23, 2013
fed up wrote:
<quoted text>This deadbeat does not work, at least not a regular job.
I feel your pain man. My son was given a judgment against a local pastor because his underage son hit him totaling his car and had no insurance. The pastor filed bankruptcy to keep from paying for the damages and turned violent every time I tried to reason with him. We caught them in fraud before the federal bankruptcy court and so far nothing has been done.

If you have a judgment against the man then you can go to the county clerk's office and ask to see any and all property owned by this man. I was surprised that you could do this but you sure can. We got a list of the last 23 cars the family has owned and found two that wasn't reported in the asset disclosure.

You can also talk to an attorney and get some free advice as what your rights are.

Good luck.
neener

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Jul 23, 2013
if its in somebody else name you cant get nothing.
you cant get blood from a turnip.
you cant even get the turnip.
fed up

London, KY

#6 Jul 24, 2013
wowed wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel your pain man. My son was given a judgment against a local pastor because his underage son hit him totaling his car and had no insurance. The pastor filed bankruptcy to keep from paying for the damages and turned violent every time I tried to reason with him. We caught them in fraud before the federal bankruptcy court and so far nothing has been done.
If you have a judgment against the man then you can go to the county clerk's office and ask to see any and all property owned by this man. I was surprised that you could do this but you sure can. We got a list of the last 23 cars the family has owned and found two that wasn't reported in the asset disclosure.
You can also talk to an attorney and get some free advice as what your rights are.
Good luck.
Thanks for your reply. I also just caught my spelling error on judgment. This person puts property in his handicapped son's name to protect it. He has beat so many people locally out of money in many different ways. I will go to the clerk's office today and see what vehicles he owns, problem is he hides those too. Every dog has it's day.

Since: Nov 08

Corbin Ky.

#7 Jul 24, 2013
fed up wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for your reply. I also just caught my spelling error on judgment. This person puts property in his handicapped son's name to protect it. He has beat so many people locally out of money in many different ways. I will go to the clerk's office today and see what vehicles he owns, problem is he hides those too. Every dog has it's day.
Glad to be of help and I hope you can get justice. The pastor we had the judgment against (Church of God) was seen driving a Cadilac Escalade with temporary Tn. tags so we went to where the vehicle was purchased (dealership on tag) and found out that he paid $7,300 cash for it and requested them to tag it twice. He was trying to avoid registering it in Ky. so we wouldn't know about it. So if you can watch this person and see if he has a vehicle tagged elsewhere, you can go to that clerks office and get copies of that.

I agree that every dog has its day.

Keep us posted, good luck.
Atticus

London, KY

#8 Jul 24, 2013
File with the IRS and KRC you may be able to get his EIC?
bankrupcy

Somerset, KY

#9 Jul 24, 2013
the man can file bankrupcy on it and it would be considered paid it dont cost much to do that
fed up

London, KY

#10 Jul 24, 2013
bankrupcy wrote:
the man can file bankrupcy on it and it would be considered paid it dont cost much to do that
I went to the clerk's office today. He has three cars registered and all three have delinquent taxes so he is driving them with expired tags I guess. I learned the sheriff's dept. will seize property upon my asking for an Execution Order which the court clerk can sign but there are many ways he can get around it. I am not worried about him filing bankruptcy as he owes everyone, numerous liens against him recorded at courthouse. I won the civil suit against him but also had him in criminal court as he outright stole money and a vehicle but it was one of those cases in which the defense did not "win", the prosecution lost the case. I doubt he ever paid his attorney. BUT, every dog has it's day. The small claims process was actually very smooth to present and the judge was excellent, attentive and professional. He did not rule right away but too the time to review the evidence and then made his decision. I was surprised to learn not may people use the system but then on the other hand, I found a judgment is about worthless as the justice system has no teeth when it comes to collecting them.
i know

United States

#11 Jul 25, 2013
I think I know who u are talking about.....initials C.C?
fed up

London, KY

#12 Jul 25, 2013
i know wrote:
I think I know who u are talking about.....initials C.C?
I cannot comment on anything personal that would identify the individual as per the attorney advising me on pursuit of this. The events this person caused has literally caused my family so many spin-off problems that after almost 2 years now we have still not recovered. The total loss approached 17 thousand dollars. Not all the expenses were directly caused by the person but his actions did lead to the other expenses. Every dog has it's day.
hattie

Morehead, KY

#13 Jul 30, 2013
I bet that was was the doc
mee

Mount Sterling, KY

#14 Aug 3, 2013
fed up wrote:
<quoted text>This deadbeat does not work, at least not a regular job.
I work and you don't know anything about what happened in my life to lead me to this point , i was just suggesting that they could have it taken out of someones wages thank you have a nice day !!
lol lol

Chesterfield, MO

#15 Aug 3, 2013
mee wrote:
<quoted text> I work and you don't know anything about what happened in my life to lead me to this point , i was just suggesting that they could have it taken out of someones wages thank you have a nice day !!
Don't think he was talking about you not working he was talking about the guy not working that owes him money
IKnow

United States

#16 Aug 5, 2013
You shouldn't be making comments period about pending litigation. If the person you have a judgment against finds out about this, they can subpoena Topix, get your IP, and then turn around and sue you. If your attorney advised you not to discuss, then why do it on the internet? If you want to lose your judgment, keep it up!
mike

London, KY

#17 Aug 6, 2013
fed up wrote:
this OP didn't post the mans name. so they cant do anything as long as he don't publish his name... and even if he did what he says must be a lie. he is telling the truth sounds like to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
loud boom and vibration in east bernstadt anyon... 1 min east bernstadt 1
I Want My Mommy 51 min Reward 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 57 min CCR 165,528
TEXTING and driving 1 hr Nellie 2
Earl gill 2 hr Andy t 2
White people 2 hr Mark t 2
dead body in Corinth cemetery 4 hr Joker 15

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance