Can Christians Backslide and Go to Hell?

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#404 Jul 13, 2012
"I believe that we are saved by the blood of Jesus Christ" Weird vampire cult.

"that God raised Jesus from the dead" This is no such thing as zombies.
DWATKINS wrote:
I believe that we are saved by the blood of Jesus Christ and by faith with the confessing of our mouth and believing in our hearts that God raised Jesus from the dead(Rom. 10:9-10). I believe that when he died it was the finished! But after we acknowledge all of this, we must learn to live a life of HOLINESS! We must learn to work on our minds and our hearts and learn to bring our flesh under subjection to the things that would displease God. When we are saved we should live out of what we know and not so much what we feel. I believe that if we onced served the Lord and then we turn away from him at some point and not return or repent then yes I believe that we are hell bound and there is a two fold puishment for those who once serve the lord in hell. BLESSINGS!
pitiful

London, KY

#405 Jul 13, 2012
Babies born dont know right from wrong.Question is what is really right and what is really wrong.Its different to every person.
If you go to hell for backsliding there wont be one so called christian make it.
They think sitting in church on Sunday mornings is all it takes.Can gossip and back stab the rest of the week then run to church on Sunday and remain saved.Can have affairs,run say a prayer"Oh God forgive me" they [email protected] the next week and go back again..yeah yeah yeah what a crock.

Let me clue you in
Once your toes are turned up you will either be buried in a hole somewhere to rot away or you will have your ashes spread.
There are no big pearly gates,no big mansions in religion,except the ones the christians pay for so someone can con them into paying for a freeride for the organizers in the churches.

Anyone that wants to believe that you will be scooped up and go on a joyride for eternity is going to be really disappointed. Pitiful that people are so desperate they will cling to anything for hope.
fighter

Dexter, MO

#406 Jul 13, 2012
Religion is something that man made up in order to get control of the masses. If you fall and get hurt does God offer you HIS hand to help you up? No,it is yourself. Faith is something everyone should have but the religous beliefs says it should only be in one entity - God (who named himself as this). All go back to one man and one writing, again to control the masses. All religions are based on the same basic ground, a belief in something not there.
For you people out here calling yourselves "Christian" you are all hypocrites, say one thing, mean another, be kind to ones face then knock them behind their backs. I am happy with how I believe in my existence without others pushing their ideas onto me without them having an open mind to my beliefs and ideas.
Countries are at war because they don't agree on how to worship, isn't worship worship? Don't matter who it goes to as long as you believe.
soso true

London, KY

#407 Jul 13, 2012
Yes and you can go to any grave even the ones way back in the 1800s and before and the poor ole bones are still right there waiting to be taken to this glorious place that doesnt exist.Hundreds of years,well thousands of years, and people are still waiting on something thats not going to happen.
Its a money racket,plain and simple.

Most likely we will all be taken out with something solar system related.
andy

Indianapolis, IN

#408 Aug 20, 2012
When i was in my early 20s i was saved.. I felt the tremendous feeling followed by the conviction that comes along with it. However i slipped away and lived in sin for nearly 10 yrs, but i have rededicated my life. I am not sure if i need to go to the alter at the calling again or not or if im supposed to be re baptized. But i do know the Lord will guide me all the way.
In the meantime im just trying to pay attention and stay focused on him. My advise is if you need to ask the question ''are we always saved'' then you may want to ask god to soften your heart. But dont feel bad i have been saved and my heart still needs alot of softening. At the end of the day be scared of making the leap you may think its too hard but the Lord always supplies a route. And once you submit the blessings seem to come.
Jesus is my brother

San Antonio, TX

#409 Sep 7, 2012
Confused wrote:
I am so confused on this. I have heard once saved always save preached however, there are several Pentecostal/Church of Gods that preach you can be saved but if you make a mistake you are bound for hell. What's your thoughts on the subject?
The way you are ever saved from eternal damnation is to be of God.

God does not sin and do evil.
Jesus is my brother

San Antonio, TX

#410 Sep 7, 2012
The devil does sin and evil.

And so do all his children.
looking for hope

Ripley, TN

#411 Sep 7, 2012
Jesus is my brother wrote:
The devil does sin and evil.
And so do all his children.
Have you excepted Jesus Christ as your Savior ?
Leah

Greensburg, PA

#414 Oct 7, 2012
Once saved is not always saved. I fell away from the faith. I even blasphemed the holy spirit and am now living in hell.

Since: Nov 12

AOL

#417 Nov 10, 2012
ByTheWay wrote:
Well, if the Bible was true, and hell was real...then probably. I wish there was a hell for Christians.
From jepe:
There is a heaven and hell, its your choice which one you want to be in for the rest of your life. I think and know for sure that I would want Heaven, always. Some Christians are not Christians and we look at some of these people and we judge the true christians by them. There are Christians that do live the Christian life.

People on this forum who are saying that you can lose your Salvation don't know the Bible. The Bible teaches you can never lose salvation, your inherited into God's family. Your now his child and he won't ever kick you out.
1 John 1:9 if we break our fellowship (meaning doing sin) with the Lord we go to this verse to keep our fellowship with him. When Christ died he gave us his righeteousness so we can be like him, we have now the old man and the new man according to scriptures, one we sin in and the new man we don't. Christ took past, present and future sins giving us his righteousness. Remember we weren't even born into this world and all of our sins were future that he died for. If you don't confess your sins when committing them God will not answer your prayers or give you blessings. Being your born again spiritually you will never go to Hell. You can't as God keeps you if your truly believing in his Son.
When Christians get to heaven the Lord will never bring up any sin that you did here on earth as he paid the price and died once for all sins of yours, he will judge us only for our rewards and what we did for him like witnessing, using your gift or gifts in church to build up the church with other brothers and sisters.

a lot of the people on this web site are quoting things that are not found in the scriptures and don't know the bible. But there are plenty writing also that do know their bibles.
If your honestly born again spiritually your going to want to read the bible and know more about the christian life. Some people think they have Salvation and by what I see in their writings they don't have salvation as it shows their thoughts about the Lord and what they believe.
holiness girl

Hyden, KY

#418 Nov 20, 2012
Once you are saved it is possible to backslide. But yes we are all subject to mistakes and failures, so when we realize we have sinned we must ask for forgiveness. Here are some Bible versus to look up. Matthew 7:21, Matthew 5:22, Matthew 7:22-23 the last one clearly States that is poosible to go to hell even being saved..."many will say to me in that day "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me ye that work iniquity."
For example Judah was a disciple of Jesus but he betrayed Jesus for 30 peices of silver. When he was a disciple he was saved and most likely doing works of the Lord in Jesus' name but after a devil was put into him so he would betray Jesus, he became a backslider. So even today we prophesy and do many works also in Jesus' name but we can fall by the wayside and become a backslider.
Luke 9:62, Luke 13:24,
holiness girl

Hyden, KY

#419 Nov 20, 2012
Jepe wrote:
<quoted text>
From jepe:
There is a heaven and hell, its your choice which one you want to be in for the rest of your life. I think and know for sure that I would want Heaven, always. Some Christians are not Christians and we look at some of these people and we judge the true christians by them. There are Christians that do live the Christian life.
People on this forum who are saying that you can lose your Salvation don't know the Bible. The Bible teaches you can never lose salvation, your inherited into God's family. Your now his child and he won't ever kick you out.
1 John 1:9 if we break our fellowship (meaning doing sin) with the Lord we go to this verse to keep our fellowship with him. When Christ died he gave us his righeteousness so we can be like him, we have now the old man and the new man according to scriptures, one we sin in and the new man we don't. Christ took past, present and future sins giving us his righteousness. Remember we weren't even born into this world and all of our sins were future that he died for. If you don't confess your sins when committing them God will not answer your prayers or give you blessings. Being your born again spiritually you will never go to Hell. You can't as God keeps you if your truly believing in his Son.
When Christians get to heaven the Lord will never bring up any sin that you did here on earth as he paid the price and died once for all sins of yours, he will judge us only for our rewards and what we did for him like witnessing, using your gift or gifts in church to build up the church with other brothers and sisters.
a lot of the people on this web site are quoting things that are not found in the scriptures and don't know the bible. But there are plenty writing also that do know their bibles.
If your honestly born again spiritually your going to want to read the bible and know more about the christian life. Some people think they have Salvation and by what I see in their writings they don't have salvation as it shows their thoughts about the Lord and what they believe.
Wow...please read the scriptures that I have posted above...idk where or if you go to church but seek out the Bible for yourself...let the blind lead the blind and they both fall in the ditch...I am sorry to inform you that it is possible to go to hell after being saved if you don't repent of your sins. If it were that easy would we not all repent then go back to living in sin and having "fun". That's why there are commandments to follow and to love thy neighbor. If we would all go to heaven after being saved we wouldn't have commandments. Please read the scriptures I have posted...
John Bauch

Florence, SC

#420 Dec 4, 2012
once saved, you're redeemed forever, forgiven forever and your salvation is secure! To say otherwise discredits Jesus work , and nothing is wrong with His work!
Looking for hope

Richmond, KY

#421 Dec 4, 2012
John Bauch wrote:
once saved, you're redeemed forever, forgiven forever and your salvation is secure! To say otherwise discredits Jesus work , and nothing is wrong with His work!
Once saved the door is open for you go to Jesus and repent of your sins and be redeemed again and again . No one can discredit Jesus's work but you can turn you back on him , stop repenting of your sins and go to hell .
bheithir

Morehead, KY

#422 Dec 4, 2012
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
Once saved the door is open for you go to Jesus and repent of your sins and be redeemed again and again . No one can discredit Jesus's work but you can turn you back on him , stop repenting of your sins and go to hell .
hell isn't eternal.

Revelation 20:14
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Looking for hope

Richmond, KY

#423 Dec 4, 2012
bheithir wrote:
<quoted text>hell isn't eternal.
Revelation 20:14
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Yeah i know just the first stop .
Mike Peralta

United States

#424 Apr 1, 2013
read my book:
"Backsliding To Hell" by Mike Peralta
cdr

Winnetka, CA

#425 Apr 1, 2013
I am a agnostic person and i am in the processes of choosing a religion for me and my family Christians have been persecuting me from the neighborhood tying to run me out etc people have tried to effect me even breakup my marriage because i wont choose a religion prompt enough they somehow think this will save them and im not interested in picking one under these terms
Go Straight To God

Saint Paul, MN

#426 Apr 1, 2013
Please go straight to God.
Talk to Him. He will listen. Keep asking Him to reveal Himself to you. Be persistent about pursuing Him. He will answer. Just keep trying and crying out to God to reveal the truth to you. If you sincerely do this God WILL reveal Himself to you. I will pray for you. Keep trying.

[email protected]
marine

Fort Worth, TX

#427 Apr 14, 2013
ex_nihilo wrote:
Once you're saved, you can't be unsaved again. If so, that would mean that Christ is not God, and is not perfect, and has no power over death or sin. The Bible tells us otherwise.
John 10:27-30
27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30I and my Father are one.
I think blaspheming the Holy Spirit will get you there though.
sinning against God or Jesus can be forgiven but not against the Holy Ghost. God gave us a free will , that means for our whole life. Therefor no one can pluck you from Gods hand but you can turn your back and walk away from him and he will not force you to come back

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anybody seen on fb 29 min Betty 1
Obama wall is done 37 min FYI 5
Donald J Trump in Bible Prophecy 50 min Deacon 8
Jessica davidson. (Dec '11) 1 hr Lol 7
Laurel Cookie Factory -- what do you think? (Jun '08) 1 hr Pot call the kett... 9,464
add a word--drop a word (Apr '10) 1 hr Princess Hey 1,535
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Paul 163,879

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keavy Mortgages