Can Christians Backslide and Go to Hell?

Can Christians Backslide and Go to Hell?

Posted in the Keavy Forum

First Prev
of 21
Next Last
Confused

London, KY

#1 Nov 10, 2008
I am so confused on this. I have heard once saved always save preached however, there are several Pentecostal/Church of Gods that preach you can be saved but if you make a mistake you are bound for hell. What's your thoughts on the subject?
possible

Mayfield, KY

#2 Nov 10, 2008
I will look up the scripture on this.
Not sure, but I think you can and its akin to blasphemy.
Lucifer did, and became Satan.
I'll tell you more later.
christian

United States

#3 Nov 10, 2008
everybody makes mistakes.. nobody is perfect. it says in the bible that backsliders must repent and ask god to come into thier hearts. if you sin knowingly, that is wrong. if you do something that you know is wrong then you have a problem. we have a loving and forgiving god. if you are really sorry and ask god for forgiveness he will forgive you. good luck and i hope you find your way!!=0)

oh, and to answer your question.. yes, backsliders can go to hell. you have to have your heart right with god to go to heaven.
My opinion

Mount Vernon, KY

#4 Nov 10, 2008
The Bible says we all sin daily. God forgives us 7 times 70 a day if needed...I believe if you sin you must ask God for forgiveness. But if you die and dont have time to ask then you will go to hell. That's the way I was raised. That's why people say people who commit suicide, dont have a chance to ask for forgiveness. Just my Opinion.
I do not attend Parkway Baptist but the pastor is Jerry Vaughn. If you need help, he would welcome a call, his wife is Lori. Hope you find your Peace In God
ByTheWay

Lexington, KY

#5 Nov 10, 2008
Well, if the Bible was true, and hell was real...then probably. I wish there was a hell for Christians.
Grace

London, KY

#6 Nov 10, 2008
I believe we are all saved by grace,I think we can keep sinning,and lose our salvation.However I believe that we are covered by grace,if we commit sins daily,and most of us do,we need to repent,but if we die before we do,I think in alot of cases we still go to heaven as long as we are under God`s grace.I don`t believe once saved,always saved,but I guess something in between.
farfromperfect

AOL

#7 Nov 10, 2008
yes backsliders can go to hell, one saved is not always saved.

“YHWH prevails Rev 20:10”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#8 Nov 10, 2008
Once you're saved, you can't be unsaved again. If so, that would mean that Christ is not God, and is not perfect, and has no power over death or sin. The Bible tells us otherwise.

John 10:27-30

27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30I and my Father are one.

I think blaspheming the Holy Spirit will get you there though.
Confused

London, KY

#9 Nov 10, 2008
Ok... Everyone makes some great points and has given me a lot to think about but what about scripture to back up your answers? I am just trying to figure out where each side gets there stance on the issue.
bornAgain

United States

#10 Nov 10, 2008
Look at Hebrews 10 26 and on...
if we sin willfully after we have recieved the knowlege of truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins.
and 2nd Peter 2:21
if would have been better for them to have not known the way of righteousness than having known it, to turn away from the holy commandment delievered them......a dog returns to its own vomit.....the end is worse than the beginning

Revelation 3:15-
If you are lukewarm I will vomit you out of my mouth!
Grace

London, KY

#11 Nov 10, 2008
In the bible Jesus talks in one verse about laying down his life,that no man takes it from him,but he lays it down of his own free will,he goes further,and said if he lays it down,he can also take it up again.I believe if we except Jesus as our Lord and saviour,we are saved by the blood,and put under his grace,as long as we are trying to do his will,even though we fall short sometimes,we are still saved because we are under grace.I do think when we quit trying to live for him,and start sinning without remorse,we are in danger of going to hell.

“You Will Reap What U Sow”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#12 Nov 10, 2008
KNOWING and believing what i do about the word of GOD IS WHY I REFER TO AS BEING IN A SAFE PLACE OR CONDITION..like te poster before read,numerous verses show that yes it is possible to turn your back on GOD after being fully committed and having a complete knowledge of the truth.but that means you have to be sure you know the whole truth,nothing but the truth,if it is based on false beliefs it would not be so.o.k.once you know you have the complete truth,make a committment and use the blood of CHRIST FOR YOUR SALVATION,then look up matthew 24,13 [but he who endures unto the end,the same shall be saved.
BiBle Reader

Pikeville, KY

#13 Nov 10, 2008
Some thinks because the Bible says he would never leave us or forsake us, that you can't backslide, but you can leave him.
Im not sure exactly where, Im sure someone knows
the Bible says in the last day there would be a great falling away, I have HEARD, but I can't seem to find it that God is married to the backslider, but unless someone can help me out with where these verses are written then IDK??
NEW SCHOOL

London, KY

#14 Nov 10, 2008
ex_nihilo wrote:
Once you're saved, you can't be unsaved again. If so, that would mean that Christ is not God, and is not perfect, and has no power over death or sin. The Bible tells us otherwise.
28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
Once saved always saved would mean people could get saved on sunday and go back to living how they wanted to on monday morning. It's kinda like when people say all sins are created equal and all hold the same punishment but thats not true the bible tells you that if you were to go around blaspheming he will deny you.

“YHWH prevails Rev 20:10”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#15 Nov 11, 2008
NEW SCHOOL wrote:
<quoted text>Once saved always saved would mean people could get saved on sunday and go back to living how they wanted to on monday morning. It's kinda like when people say all sins are created equal and all hold the same punishment but thats not true the bible tells you that if you were to go around blaspheming he will deny you.
If they're really saved, they're not going to be the same person on monday morning. The Bible has this to say about that:

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
forgiven

London, KY

#16 Nov 11, 2008
My opinion Christ paid for our sins past present and future if he didn't then we need to return to the daily sacrifice.
He died once for our sins, not every day , if you can be lost again then wouldn't the sacrifice have to be done over?

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise,

It is a seal that no man can break.
justice

Mayfield, KY

#17 Nov 11, 2008
ex_nihilo wrote:
Lucifer was the brightest shining angel in Heaven. He became vain knowing he was beautiful. He became jealous of his creator God, and turned away from him. He tried to take over Heaven and God won the victory over him and cast him to earth. Thats why he is here to temp, to kill and to destroy. But if we have the Lord in our hearts we can get stronger every day and overcome Lucifer the devil and Satan and not have to end up in hell. But Satan wants you to be just like him and turn away from God. Satan knows he will lose the battle in the end and blood is on his hands and he and his followers will be bound forever and thrown in the lake of fire.
justice

Mayfield, KY

#18 Nov 11, 2008
farfromperfect wrote:
yes backsliders can go to hell, one saved is not always saved.
Amen. You have to fight for the big prize. And as long as you don't turn away from Jesus, you will win.
Sadie Glutz

Corbin, KY

#19 Nov 11, 2008
Beware your standing, lest you fall. It seems like alot of people who did great things are going to be turned away when He says, "I never knew you" and there will be people surprised that they do make it. Maybe when we entertain angels unaware and how we behave to them has something to do with it.
trouble

Dallas, TX

#20 Nov 11, 2008
Once saved always saved all you ahve to do is get on your knees and repent to God and he will forgive you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 21
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"General Lee" has rag/flag painted over 1 hr pokey 7
The GOP is the “White Man’s Party” 1 hr pokey 8
Black people should not worship white Jesus 3 hr tired of rascism 2
London Fireworks 4 hr wondering 1
The Lackey Building (Jul '08) 6 hr Sweetpea 4
Walmart stores closing 7 hr Yippee ki ay 22
Needs boy rottweiler to breed with! (Mar '12) 7 hr Janee 63
More from around the web

Keavy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE