Time Warner Question
Curious

Greenbrier, AR

#1 Oct 30, 2013
In the last few days a few channels are no longer showing up on my mothers tv.Ion,MeTV,WLJC,and a few others.Has Time Warner made recent changes to their programming? As far as I know all the other channels she received are still working.
Curious

East Bernstadt, KY

#2 Oct 31, 2013
Anyone know anything about these changes?
nona

Manchester, KY

#3 Oct 31, 2013
I got a letter some time ago saying that around October 22, these channels will be delivered in digital format only. In order to view them, you must have must have digital equipment such as a TWC supplied digital set box or Cable CARD(whatever that is). It goes on to say between now and December 22, you may get one digital set top box free of charge. But it does not say whether there is a monthly charge. I got these channels until yesterday, but today there is just a phone number to call to order the box. Since the only one of these channels I ever watch is Ion sometimes, I WON'T BE ORDERING IT IF THERE IS A MONTHLY CHARGE for the box.. which I'm assuming there is.
NO NOT MEI

Somerset, KY

#4 Oct 31, 2013
There is no charge for a box for the first year according to the letter. In 2015 there will be a small charge. If you have a newer tv and don't have a box already, just re-scan your tv and you will get those stations on different channels. For instance, I get ION on 126.9. It varies on different tvs.
Curious

East Bernstadt, KY

#5 Oct 31, 2013
NO NOT MEI wrote:
There is no charge for a box for the first year according to the letter. In 2015 there will be a small charge. If you have a newer tv and don't have a box already, just re-scan your tv and you will get those stations on different channels. For instance, I get ION on 126.9. It varies on different tvs.
This is correct.We did find 3 of the 4 missing channels yesterday.Today we found the other one.You have to do a rescan of the channels.Now the channels will be found on numbers with either with a period or - in them.For anyone else having this problem try the scan before looking into buying the box as it might save you some money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min usa 159,362
Drinking in Corbin 25 min Mayor Adam West 13
Fight at AMVETS (Jun '11) 42 min Patriot 18
need advice 1 hr Chaunsey 4
Elegant Touch- Sherri Skinner 1 hr gayinlex 4
Creeper Teacher 2 hr curious 5
Pharmacy 3 hr Samuel 3

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance