why dont men want to date single moms?
Love a single mom

Murray, KY

#165 Nov 14, 2012
I figure if they have children, it's usually an easy piece. I like to do them and move on.
wtf really

United States

#166 Nov 14, 2012
Really. Just because someone has children it don't mean there easy. I have kids it don't mean I give it up to anyone. I was single for 3 yrs after me and my kids dad split up I met my my hubby 2 yrs ago he treats my kids as if that were his
well

Pineville, KY

#167 Nov 14, 2012
Not to be rude, even though this is going to sound incredibly rude, but I actually prefer women who have had children. They tend to have a tighter vagina. I think its because in a lot of births, the doctor will actually sew the vagina because of tearing. This, of course, makes the vagina, and single moms have a tighter vagina than normal.
wtf really

United States

#168 Nov 14, 2012
That's what my hubby says too
Turtleman

Brownsville, TN

#169 Nov 15, 2012
single mom wrote:
I'm 26. And thank you for your honesty and advice.
it's because 90 percent of men are Doushe bags these days it should not be a promblem or at least it would not for me!!!
scott

Whitley City, KY

#171 Nov 16, 2012
I got me a good one
TheTruth

Manchester, UK

#174 Feb 23, 2013
As a single childless guy myself I'd be thinking does she want to actually have anymore kids?
If she has kids already there is a chance she may not want anymore, which is understandable...but for guys who want to meet someone and have their family... your simply wanting different things out of life.

There is also the issues of the ex.. providing he plays a part in the childs life, he will always be there in the background. The kids may also still be pining for their biological parents to still get back together so any new man may perceived to be an outsider.
Poor excuse

Middlesboro, KY

#175 Feb 23, 2013
Most of you men on here is why I chose to be a single mother. You all can't be happy and cherish the good things in life. You have to whine & bi+ch more than the children. If you so called men ever find a caring, loving, relationship... It will end. Why? Because as soon as your own offspring come along... It will all change. Your honeymoon stage will be over. You will have real responsibilities. No more up all night late hot sex. Here comes diviorce. And all of the bashing... She changed, I can't handle the stress, we don't have enough intimacy, blah blah blah!

No I'm not angry. I'm happy. I can proved for myself as well as my child. I was taught to be independent and not depend on a man.. And definitely not the government. I work a wonderful stable job with a nice big degree hanging on my wall. Please don't spout ignorance about me being loose, fat, or unattractive. I'm decent height & weight, what's wrinkles?, and I'm very well-kept. I get more than my fair share of compliments. It may sound as though I'm gloating. No. I have a down to earth personality. I believe only the best things that come in life come from hard work, determination, and goals. Laughter & love of a child only makes those things you worked for in life so much better.

I'm a great mother. My child has boundaries and is disciplined when needed to be. My child says please, thank you, andyour welcome. Child picks his toys up, puts dishes in the sink, puts laundry on the basket. My child is barely two. My child has more respect and manners than majority of you so called men.

Yes my child's father is in his life. He loves his child. They should have a relationship. His father should be there for his child. I'm sorry if a man can't handle seeing the ex. He is immature, naive, and has a lot of lessons in life to learn. My ex couldn't handle the extra responsibility of the relationship or the stress. But he does love his child. If we are both miserable in life and fixing things are no longer an option. It's better we parted instead of being together.

So men if you can't handle a woman that has a child that isn't yours. Don't dare call yourself a man. You are most definitely not. I'm sure their is women out their looking for a free meal ticket, however not all of single mothers are. You are only respected when respect is given.
Poor excuse

Middlesboro, KY

#176 Feb 23, 2013
On another note overlook my typos. I made a few. Should have proof-read but I'm mobile. Apologizes.
Eldred Coot

United States

#181 Feb 24, 2013
Men who might love you do not run.

Little boys after a good time run.

Hang in there you may well find the man of your dreams.

The immature ones you do not need.
true

Mayfield, KY

#182 Feb 25, 2013
Because its just too much eventually having to deal with some other dudes spoiled, wild kids. I dated a single mom for a couple years off and on, I loved her more than anything. She had 2 small kids and couldn't have anymore. We were perfect together when it was just us but when her kids were around(80% of the time), i just sat around while she had to tend to them because they needed most, if not all of her attention. The kids of a single mom are always jealous of the new man and in competition for their mom and its just absolutely annoying. Its fools gold because the weekends they'd be gone, we would have so much fun, be perfect like a new couple should be. I'd have all her attention, but the kids would come back and it would go from one sharp extreme back to the other. I would have almost none of her attention. Im not saying any of that is her fault but its just the reality of the situation. This is why so many single moms stay single. Its not a natural situation to be stuck with some other guys kids. Sure, you deal with it in the beginning just holding on and waiting for your 2 days of alone time every 2 weeks, it just ends up not being worth it. Its not fair to either person in the relationship. Single moms, especially ones who made the decision to leave their husband or b/f, need to grow up and raise their kids and quit worrying so much about having a man around. When the kids get a little older you can have a relationship but its impossible with small children, its a disaster waiting to happen. Nobody will ever love someone more than I loved this girl and I couldnt handle it. That might sound selfish but you should be able to be a little but selfish in a relationship. Married people with kids can hardly have a relationship, how do you expect to have one when the kids arent even yours.
Experienced

Murray, KY

#185 Mar 7, 2013
single mom wrote:
Every time I meet a guy who act interested the moment they find out I have children they turn tale and run why is that.
well, I was a stepfather for 10 years. A woman with children doesn't bother me. I still love my boys. I would love to meet a good woman as long as she would be willing to have more children
Experienced

Murray, KY

#186 Mar 7, 2013
single mom wrote:
Every time I meet a guy who act interested the moment they find out I have children they turn tale and run why is that.
i think I'd rather date a mom who is an experienced and mature woman. I'm 32, how old are you
true

Winchester, KY

#187 Mar 8, 2013
time it all comes down to time and nature! Any man telling you the truth will tell you that he can love his step children like his own and I myself have done this. When you don't have time to build a relationship with your partner and kids are involved it's like you get all the responsability with out the joy of being there for the birth and the pregnancy and all that stuff it's just right to the hard work of raising some one else responsability and most single moms think the man should just drop down and find enjoyment in raising step kids and shelling out money for vacations and nice things. Then if you complain about going on a date or intamacy with your lover your the bad immature kid who can't handle committing.
I mean come on listen to the comments most men have no problem at all with single moms but find it hard to feel needed or wanted in that type of relationship at first. As for the comments about the stupid intamcy changes thing...it should not be tha way and does not have to if most parents "ie" moms would learn that putting your kids to bed at 9:00 leavs time for atleast a movie and cuddle time with boy friend or hubby. Remmember just couse you have kids does not mean they recieve 105% of your attention all day and night. Nor should they sleep in the bed with mommy and daddy either! How many parents u know have that problem and wonder why they have no alone time lol geez really gals and guys!!!
true

Winchester, KY

#188 Mar 8, 2013
I gotta throw this in as well...how many single moms you know that sit and play with there kids or read a book too them? I know of one single mother a friend of mine who I refuse to date becouse we have been friends a long time and I am not throwing that away to curb my desire to know what she looks like in boy shorts!! Believe you me I am posative it is a very pretty sight!
She spends time with her children every night and reads to them at bedtime...9:00 on school nights 11:00 on weekends. She happens to agree with me that it would be nearly improbable for her to really get to know a man they way she would like too becouse she is so busy with work and correct parenting. However she still has a strong sexual drive and has found her way of filling that void but does not develope feelings for her partner it's just sex for them.
A guy

United States

#189 Mar 8, 2013
true wrote:
time it all comes down to time and nature! Any man telling you the truth will tell you that he can love his step children like his own and I myself have done this. When you don't have time to build a relationship with your partner and kids are involved it's like you get all the responsability with out the joy of being there for the birth and the pregnancy and all that stuff it's just right to the hard work of raising some one else responsability and most single moms think the man should just drop down and find enjoyment in raising step kids and shelling out money for vacations and nice things. Then if you complain about going on a date or intamacy with your lover your the bad immature kid who can't handle committing.
I mean come on listen to the comments most men have no problem at all with single moms but find it hard to feel needed or wanted in that type of relationship at first. As for the comments about the stupid intamcy changes thing...it should not be tha way and does not have to if most parents "ie" moms would learn that putting your kids to bed at 9:00 leavs time for atleast a movie and cuddle time with boy friend or hubby. Remmember just couse you have kids does not mean they recieve 105% of your attention all day and night. Nor should they sleep in the bed with mommy and daddy either! How many parents u know have that problem and wonder why they have no alone time lol geez really gals and guys!!!
So true.. Ive been there. Its almost even worse when the kids go to the dads every other weekend because you get a little tease of how great your relationship could be.. But 2 days later its back to reality. Its such a huge swing going from having all her attention to having none of it and back to feeling like a tag along. So you end up living your life waiting for 2 days every 2 weeks. You can deal with it at first while things are still new and fresh but it ends up just getting so stressful and frustrating, especially when the kids are still very small and need all her attention. There is a reason why most single moms just cant sustain a relationship. It seems like it wouldn't be that hard until you actually get into the reality of it.. Sure you'll have some guys stick around for awhile, a year or two but it usually just ends up being too much. I loved the woman I dated as much as you could love somebody, loved her kids too, I just eventually saw that I was wasting my life and the chance of having my own family. It wears on you always just feeling like the backup waiting for attention when the other mans kids go away every other weekend. You feel like you want something of your own instead of somebody else's. I really started feeling like an outcast toward the end, it was horrible.
A guy

United States

#190 Mar 8, 2013
true wrote:
I gotta throw this in as well...how many single moms you know that sit and play with there kids or read a book too them? I know of one single mother a friend of mine who I refuse to date becouse we have been friends a long time and I am not throwing that away to curb my desire to know what she looks like in boy shorts!! Believe you me I am posative it is a very pretty sight!
She spends time with her children every night and reads to them at bedtime...9:00 on school nights 11:00 on weekends. She happens to agree with me that it would be nearly improbable for her to really get to know a man they way she would like too becouse she is so busy with work and correct parenting. However she still has a strong sexual drive and has found her way of filling that void but does not develope feelings for her partner it's just sex for them.
That woman sounds mature. More woman need to be like her and be mature enough to realize they just probably aren't going to be able to have a relationship until their kids get a little older, enough to do things for themselves and stuff like that. That might sound mean of me to say but until you live the reality of it, you just cant understand it. You were right about it being about time. Its just not the natural progression of things to jump into raising someone else's kids right at the beginning of a relationship. Maybe if she only has one child it wouldn't be as stressful, i don't know..
A guy

United States

#191 Mar 8, 2013
And just one more thing lol.. Just some wise advice for all you guys who might be getting into the same situation. This woman was absolutely beautiful, the sex was perfect, when we were alone we were totally perfect in every way, she was fun to be with.. It was all fool's gold in the end because that was never really going to be our life together.. It was all totally different with the kids around because it has to be whether you like it or not, as well it should be.. Those little alone weekend were what kept me hanging on so long because they were perfect and I was so in love with her but it ended up being so depressing when they'd be over and the 2 weeks seemed much longer every time.. I would feel more alone and more of a tag along every time, I think just because its really not nature's way for us, it takes a toll on you and you eventually start to have resentment.. But good luck, maybe its different for you it just wasnt for me..
diablo blanco

Waynesburg, KY

#192 Mar 13, 2013
they don't want baby mama drama and having to deal with your x the rest of there lives regardless of whether it's every other weekend or whatever a man doesn't want to have to look your x in the mouth a couple times a month and get in the middle off that potential mess. not to mention the your not my daddy stuff when the kids get
Stop being so selfish

Lexington, KY

#193 Mar 14, 2013
Women - stop being so selfish. Stop spending all of your time at the beauty parlor or the nail salon or on facebook while your child is raising him/herself.
you've already done enough by having unprotected sex with a man who wasn't a stand-up guy and didn't stay with you after you had a child to be a husband and a father.
none of that is your child's fault - but now they are suffering by being raised by only one parent full time and seeing the other parent every other weekend. So for the love of God, stop punishing that child yet again by being selfish and concerning yourself with dating.
Instead, RAISE your child. Women who bounce around from relationship to relationship when they have children are disgusting - no man wants that. Those children grow up learning that stability doesn't exist. And those women who live with their boyfriends and bring their children into that man's house without a RING, only to be dumped and have to move all of their stuff and their children's stuff a short time later, need to have their butt's beaten. These are Selfish, disgusting women who only care about their own interests - all the while harming their children.
Those children don't have a choice - that's simply abuse.
No good man would want those types of women, for anything more than sex. A Serious Man wants to see that their woman would be a good mother - and if you bounce around from man to man instead of raising your child - you have already proven that you are not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Corbin library 1 hr Enter Username 14
Gas station across from the pilot station 1 hr pepsiman 30
Krystal Burgers 2 hr pass buyer 5
race cars all hours of the night 5 hr Jack 3
have you been raped or molested and never told ... (Dec '10) 5 hr 12121abc 179
Soccer mommies running stop signs 6 hr Moore 12
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 14 hr Harry 753

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keavy Mortgages