why dont men want to date single moms?

Posted in the Keavy Forum

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
single mom

Waterloo, Canada

#1 Nov 2, 2010
Every time I meet a guy who act interested the moment they find out I have children they turn tale and run why is that.
no way

Murray, KY

#2 Nov 2, 2010
hmmm...what do you look like daring?
single mom

Waterloo, Canada

#3 Nov 2, 2010
Lol I don't look bad but I'm not on here looking for a man just an answer to my question.
imo

Morehead, KY

#4 Nov 2, 2010
First, I am a man..I think it may be because they want to have children of their own when they meet their love. No I'm not saying that they can't love a step-child as much as one of their own blood because their are great fathers in the world who raise children that are not blood relatives..What I am saying is that, although most guys won't show it or talk about it, this is an emotional thing where it's just really hard to understand and explain. For me, if I found the love of my life and she happened to have children then I would be the best dad I could possibly. For others, they don't want to raise someone else's child knowing it's not their blood child and of course every mans reason will probably differ a bit from another. Some advice for you, if you feel something may be headed towards more than friendship or if it's just a blind date type thing, let them know up front you have kids. You don't have to be like "before you say anything I have kids is that ok? " that would be kind of awkward, but perhaps get into a conversation and bring something up that breaks the ice for you to show him pics of your kids or something.

Also, how old are you if I may ask..?
single mom

Waterloo, Canada

#5 Nov 2, 2010
I'm 26. And thank you for your honesty and advice.
imo

Morehead, KY

#6 Nov 2, 2010
You're welcome and I'm 24, not that I'm saying anything.. :D
single mom

Waterloo, Canada

#7 Nov 2, 2010
Lol only a little younger then me... :)
imo

Morehead, KY

#8 Nov 2, 2010
Yep, soo never hurts to have another friend...care to email me ? markmartin18 at h otmail . com
huhh

Murray, KY

#9 Nov 3, 2010
single mom wrote:
Lol I don't look bad but I'm not on here looking for a man just an answer to my question.
because you spread your legs for someone else.let him take care of your children.your a man trap honey.your children will not respect me anyway that i try.
your damaged goods.
men

Winchester, KY

#10 Nov 3, 2010
huhh wrote:
<quoted text>because you spread your legs for someone else.let him take care of your children.your a man trap honey.your children will not respect me anyway that i try.
your damaged goods.
men dont want to take care of other mens kids and were not going to.u women should think about it before u lay down and spread your legs.and womens kids wont respect u there mean little bas tards
huhh

Murray, KY

#11 Nov 3, 2010
men wrote:
<quoted text>men dont want to take care of other mens kids and were not going to.u women should think about it before u lay down and spread your legs.and womens kids wont respect u there mean little bas tards
AMEN to that!!!
single mom

Waterloo, Canada

#12 Nov 3, 2010
Well thank you for the rude comments and I can take many things being said but please do not insult my children or anyones children for that matter its just a low childish thing to do.
huhh

Murray, KY

#13 Nov 3, 2010
single mom wrote:
Well thank you for the rude comments and I can take many things being said but please do not insult my children or anyones children for that matter its just a low childish thing to do.
sorry about the other post I agree children are not at fault.But I would just like to know where the father is in all this,and why the two of you are not together? I would NEVER do anything to hurt a child.I hope you except my apology.
letmetellya

Cynthiana, KY

#14 Nov 3, 2010
maybe because we hate cartoons, happy meals, sticky fingers, disney movies and chocolate milk. Just saying most women with kids are seen as having "baggage" and most guys only want to date a woman and not have to worry about you always calling the babysitter, arranging dates around your kid's ballgames, getting back home early to check the homework, get the baths in check,and tuck in the baby. I by no means am trying to be mean but facts are facts.And, no I'm not being jealous of a woman's kids but,I'm just tired of putting up with all the above mentioned things when I just want to go out to a movie/dinner in peace without my date worrying about her rugrats. Been there done that.
TGA

Canton, OH

#15 Nov 3, 2010
huhh wrote:
<quoted text>sorry about the other post I agree children are not at fault.But I would just like to know where the father is in all this,and why the two of you are not together? I would NEVER do anything to hurt a child.I hope you except my apology.
He could be dead.
rentadaddy

Dyer, TN

#16 Nov 3, 2010
plus who wants to pay for the dang kids..
single mom

Waterloo, Canada

#17 Nov 3, 2010
Huhh apology accepted I understand that kids come with a lot of things that could turn a man off well and not wanting to support someone elses kids is. Completly understandable I appreciate the honesty and am understanding things more now from a guys perspective. And their dad and I are no longer togather because he got caught with a 14yr old girl. I found out after he was arressted I thought he was cheating never thought it was with a kid.
huhh

Murray, KY

#18 Nov 3, 2010
single mom wrote:
Huhh apology accepted I understand that kids come with a lot of things that could turn a man off well and not wanting to support someone elses kids is. Completly understandable I appreciate the honesty and am understanding things more now from a guys perspective. And their dad and I are no longer togather because he got caught with a 14yr old girl. I found out after he was arressted I thought he was cheating never thought it was with a kid.
how old are you?
Reader

United States

#19 Nov 3, 2010
What if that was your lil girl and some guy was talkin about her n your grand babys that way?
single mom

Waterloo, Canada

#20 Nov 3, 2010
I am 26 why

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 min hmmmmmmmmm 171,853
Tan ext cab chevy 16 min Jake 4
Corbin Animal Clinic on the Falls Road in front... 31 min FathoefrmAA 3
add a word--drop a word (Apr '10) 1 hr Alain Vain 1,749
joe sellers 1 hr Info 2
have you been raped or molested and never told ... (Dec '10) 2 hr RicoDaRican 232
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 2 hr walk with God 1,795

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keavy Mortgages