Petition: Obamacare; Everyone Should ...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SpeakUp

Eustis, FL

#23 May 7, 2013
weezy, let's start at the beginning here with regards to Obamacare. For many many years, those low income, and otherwise, uninsured has cost the rest of us alot of money. If they say they can't afford it, then that simply means we've been paying for them when they hit the emergency rooms and free hospitals (i.e. Cook County Hospital, IL).

The low income need not fear Obamacare because if they are in fact low income and qualify, they will be subsidized. That fear should be laid to rest. The right wing propaganda has made a much larger deal out of this than is necessary by far. Those who have health insurance and are happy with it, nothing changes. Those who can afford it, yet have opted not to have it, will be penalized. The penalty for the first year is not real substantial. However, it pretty much starts doubling itself after that. Obama has given alot of notice. Penalties (additional tax) assessed to those who can afford it, yet still opt not to have it, will go into the pool. State Exchanges will be fully operable 2014. I believe some of your bigger names in insurance can offer any information necessary. Obamacare also capitalizes on prevention of disease. As our President put it, doctors LOVE treating you AFTER the fact. Treating you BEFORE the fact can prevent long term illness in some cases and of course doctors don't like that idea. Less office visits, less prescriptions, less tests, etc. Fat cats feel, just because it is affordable to them, the rest of the population can rot. I for one, don't happen to believe that way. I believe everyone desserves as healthy a life as possible for the short time we have here.

I have my own insurance. It's not an issue for me. But as you've stated, it is an issue for low income people who simply cannot afford the insurance based on the poverty wages corporate America chooses to force down their throats. If anyone is forcing anything, it's employers. If they paid people a living wage, they could have afforded. It's just another example of how corporate America has forced the expense of their workers onto our system.

Have I answered your question, weezy? If not, let me know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 15 min Walk with God 1,294
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 33 min Strel 151,620
From An Elephant To A Condom 2 hr republicunts 1
A Neuroscientist Explains What May Be Wrong Wit... 2 hr ex republican 6
Clinton's health is fine, what about Trump 2 hr republicunts 3
republican quotes 2 hr republicunts 5
left winger full of hot air 2 hr Thomas J 7

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keavy Mortgages