Petition: Obamacare; Everyone Should Be Exempt!

Posted in the Keavy Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Drama King

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

While millions of Americans are set to suffer the consequences of Obamacare, Democrats in Congress are trying to find a way to exempt themselves and their staffs from the health insurance exchanges set up by this horrible law.

If Obamacare isnít good enough for Harry Reid and his staff, it isnít good enough for us!

Sign the petition today and tell Congress that all Americans should be exempted from Obamacare.
- See more at: http://www.gop.com/w/everyone-should-be-exemp...
http://www.gop.com/w/everyone-should-be-exemp...
SpeakUp

River Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Drama King wrote:
While millions of Americans are set to suffer the consequences of Obamacare, Democrats in Congress are trying to find a way to exempt themselves and their staffs from the health insurance exchanges set up by this horrible law.
If Obamacare isnít good enough for Harry Reid and his staff, it isnít good enough for us!
Sign the petition today and tell Congress that all Americans should be exempted from Obamacare.
- See more at: http://www.gop.com/w/everyone-should-be-exemp...
http://www.gop.com/w/everyone-should-be-exemp...
Could you explain Obamacare in detail to us? I'm not sure everyone understands it? Could you explain specifically how in fact millions are set to suffer? I'm anxious to hear about that.
SpeakUp

River Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>if its any good why is harry reed and the libtard american destroyers trying to get out of it.
I'm glad you ask the question, although even your question is questionable.

Firstly, it doesn't just consist of Democrats.

Next, this is total propaganda taken from a Politico article which used the word "may" in it's title, which if you have any experience in reading, when the word "may" is used, the person(s) using that term is doing a CYA (Cover your ass).

There is NO Bill in Congress asking for exemption from the Healthcare Law. From what I understand in truth, actually members of Congress AND theire staffs face additional requirements that even you don't have to meet. They will be transfering from the current (and past) Federal Benefits Program to the exchanges. There IS discussion in Washington as to how to make the transition smoothly as possible and there is a possibility that the low income aides may be exempt, or, supplemented. Currently, the govt. I believe supplements maybe 70% thereabouts of the politician's premiums.

Now, is this more understandable to you?

What I feel is more fair with Healthcare Reform is, while most of you focus on"free loaders", the fat cats will also need to purchase health insurance of their choice. Prior to this, some wealthy felt if they ever had to go to a hospital, they'd just buy it and didn't contribute to the premium averaging. While some wealthy in the past have opted to NOT have health insurance, that also has helped cause rising costs of healthcare premiums.

Pooling is always a better system. Drive 6 kids to school in one car and you've saved 5 cars of gasoline!
Some can

Montrťal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

SpeakUp wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you ask the question, although even your question is questionable.
Firstly, it doesn't just consist of Democrats.
Next, this is total propaganda taken from a Politico article which used the word "may" in it's title, which if you have any experience in reading, when the word "may" is used, the person(s) using that term is doing a CYA (Cover your ass).
There is NO Bill in Congress asking for exemption from the Healthcare Law. From what I understand in truth, actually members of Congress AND theire staffs face additional requirements that even you don't have to meet. They will be transfering from the current (and past) Federal Benefits Program to the exchanges. There IS discussion in Washington as to how to make the transition smoothly as possible and there is a possibility that the low income aides may be exempt, or, supplemented. Currently, the govt. I believe supplements maybe 70% thereabouts of the politician's premiums.
Now, is this more understandable to you?
What I feel is more fair with Healthcare Reform is, while most of you focus on"free loaders", the fat cats will also need to purchase health insurance of their choice. Prior to this, some wealthy felt if they ever had to go to a hospital, they'd just buy it and didn't contribute to the premium averaging. While some wealthy in the past have opted to NOT have health insurance, that also has helped cause rising costs of healthcare premiums.
Pooling is always a better system. Drive 6 kids to school in one car and you've saved 5 cars of gasoline!
"There is NO Bill in Congress asking for exemption from the Healthcare Law."

Some can be exempted in hardship.
A shared responsibility requirement, commonly called an individual mandate,[17][18] requires that all individuals not covered by an employer sponsored health plan, Medicaid, Medicare or other public insurance programs, secure an approved private-insurance policy or pay a penalty, unless the applicable individual is a member of a recognized religious sect exempted by the Internal Revenue Service, or waived in cases of financial hardship.[19] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obamacare
tico

Prospect, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

What worries me about this is I work as an independent contractor providing services to disabled adults. Basically self employed. I dont make that much and like many, live paycheck to paycheck. I have no idea how i am going to pay a premium every month. I simply dont have money.
Clay City

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

tico wrote:
What worries me about this is I work as an independent contractor providing services to disabled adults. Basically self employed. I dont make that much and like many, live paycheck to paycheck. I have no idea how i am going to pay a premium every month. I simply dont have money.
Close it down.If you can't afford insurance ,you can't afford to employ anyone.Who do you think has been paying your and your employees medical bills up to now?Do you even care?Without insurance we the taxpayers pay so you can have a bussiness.
SpeakUp

River Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Some can wrote:
<quoted text>"There is NO Bill in Congress asking for exemption from the Healthcare Law."
Some can be exempted in hardship.
A shared responsibility requirement, commonly called an individual mandate,[17][18] requires that all individuals not covered by an employer sponsored health plan, Medicaid, Medicare or other public insurance programs, secure an approved private-insurance policy or pay a penalty, unless the applicable individual is a member of a recognized religious sect exempted by the Internal Revenue Service, or waived in cases of financial hardship.[19] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obamacare
I'm totally aware of what's in Healthcare Reform and yes, there are certain exemptions I'm also aware of. The issue here is, the propaganda being disbursed that Congress, etc. is trying to exempt themselves. That is totally inaccurate.

You do realize that certain exemptions have always been a part of our system. Clergy for example could have opted out of S.S. based upon religion.
SpeakUp

River Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

tico wrote:
Tico, had you spoken with proper advisement, IF your income is within a certain level, you might qualify for supplement. This is a program, as a whole, like most every other program we've ever had in history, a redistribution. As well as you may be low income and paying it yourself unaffordable, there are wealthy that have chosen not to pay it even though it is affordable. It is also unfair that those who have not been covered in the past, free load on our system in entirety. The ones complaining the most are the ones who either can't afford to pay it themselves (which if they qualify, won't have to), or, those whom it has been affordable to yet have opted to play their games, who will have to pay. We have been the only civilized nation that, in the past, has opted not to take care of our people. Count your blessing President Obama came along.
SpeakUp

River Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Clay City wrote:
<quoted text>Close it down.If you can't afford insurance ,you can't afford to employ anyone.Who do you think has been paying your and your employees medical bills up to now?Do you even care?Without insurance we the taxpayers pay so you can have a bussiness.
Thank you for that comment. I spoke to a person one day that said this "I was talking to an insurance man who said we'd just be paying for everyone else's heart attacks"? I responded "WE"? I said "did you inform that insurance man that YOU were uninsured"? The person said "no". I said "well, my friend, that insurance man was talking about your heart attack"! Do some not even have a clue? Nothing like a free loader complaining, huh? Those who have been paying in the past are the real ones who have paid for other's heart attacks. Now, we're going to spread the wealth!
Truth

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

April 25, 2013

Congress Plots to Exempt Themselves from ObamaCare

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/obamacare/2013/04/2...

And before you say check snopes and factcheck.com ,
neither of these sites can be believed because they are liberal owned, therefore being liberal biased and filled with liars.
Truth

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

SpeakUp wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for that comment. I spoke to a person one day that said this "I was talking to an insurance man who said we'd just be paying for everyone else's heart attacks"? I responded "WE"? I said "did you inform that insurance man that YOU were uninsured"? The person said "no". I said "well, my friend, that insurance man was talking about your heart attack"! Do some not even have a clue? Nothing like a free loader complaining, huh? Those who have been paying in the past are the real ones who have paid for other's heart attacks. Now, we're going to spread the wealth!
Obama is not spreading any wealth.
He is robbing us to the point of oppression.
And his taxes gets heavier every day. Every time someone lets a fart, he starts taxing it.
tico

Prospect, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Clay City wrote:
<quoted text>Close it down.If you can't afford insurance ,you can't afford to employ anyone.Who do you think has been paying your and your employees medical bills up to now?Do you even care?Without insurance we the taxpayers pay so you can have a bussiness.
Did even bother reading what I wrote??? I employ no one. I am an independent contractor. I pay for any doc visits or meds out of pocket so no, you ARE NOT paying my way. Learn to friggin read. Too bad there is no cure for stupid
SpeakUp

River Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
April 25, 2013
Congress Plots to Exempt Themselves from ObamaCare
Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/obamacare/2013/04/2...
And before you say check snopes and factcheck.com ,
neither of these sites can be believed because they are liberal owned, therefore being liberal biased and filled with liars.
...oh, so that leaves Fox News? lmao do they also believe in legalized abortion as does the conservative columnist you support?
SpeakUp

River Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Obama is not spreading any wealth.
He is robbing us to the point of oppression.
And his taxes gets heavier every day. Every time someone lets a fart, he starts taxing it.
Maybe he should tax your farts if you gas half the population when you let one go?

So, how is it he's taxing you? I'll wait for that response before I nail you to the cross.
SpeakUp

River Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

tico wrote:
<quoted text>Did even bother reading what I wrote??? I employ no one. I am an independent contractor. I pay for any doc visits or meds out of pocket so no, you ARE NOT paying my way. Learn to friggin read. Too bad there is no cure for stupid
tico, if your net income qualifies, you'll be provided supplement for health insurance. Obama's goal is to have as many insured as possible which in turn will promote better overall health, and, in the future once it's infiltrated throughout the system, help to curtail rising premium costs. IF the rich cats still opt not to purchase health insurance (of their own choosing), a penalty (additional tax) will be implemented and those monies will be used in the overall plan, which includes providing supplements. If the fat cats oppose health insurance, let them pay the price so others won't have to suffer more in part because of their unwillingness. The State Exchanges are not that expensive. If you are self-employed, or also have a family, it's important you have health insurance and under President Obama's Healthcare Reform, you indeed will have.

People that don't have health insurance are using emergency rooms across the country for free, and some free hospitals across the country and trust me, there are plenty that use these that indeed can afford health insurance premiums. They simply believe in freeloading, then complaining. Free loaders are the biggest complainers. You see that on here. It's no different than our Public Aid Nursing Homes being bogged down with millionaire's aging parents who transferred their millions well in advance. Their kids have mansions and yachts with their money while they allow their parents to rot in public funding nursing homes. That leaves little room for people that have real needs. I guess Obama was abit sick of all this also. You see, some of us have got their number. No PhD is required to know exactly what they do and now, we are crashing some parties, that's all.
weezy

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Hi Speakup. Hope you and yours have been doing well.
In my humble opinion I do believe obama has screwed us with obamacare.
Time will tell the tale.
I dont believe anyone actually knows the full extent of what obamacare entails. That includes obama. I do believe he thinks its best for Americans but far to many Americans dont see it that way. Most see it as an attempt to shove more government crap down our throats just so the fat cats can get fatter at our expense.
I have to ask you why?
We have millions of Americans living on the edge, barely scraping by and these geniuses in DC put more financial burden on the majority of Americans in the form of mandatory insurance costs or face a penalty come tax time. There is nothing right or good about it.
I for one believe if change is made they should start with the families that have made a living out of welfare, foodstamps and SSI. The people that have never worked and never will as long as government handouts are available should be cut off the government tit ASAP. They are nothing but a dead weight on society.
The boston bombers families are the perfect example of part of the problem in America. According to the newspapers they received over 100,000 american dollars in government giveaways even tho they arent Americans. I wish somebody in DC would explain that to all of us. We have Americans living in the streets eating garbage to survive and these elected better than thou assholes give all our tax dollars to a bunch of other assholes that want to kill us.
It makes me want to kill all of them. Not really but the thought does cross my mind occasionally when I see blatant thievery going on with our tax dollars at stake and nobody up there raises a hand to stop it. Its more like they are holding out their hands so more tax dollars go into their private bank accounts.
Our problem in America starts at the whitehouse and radiates down from there to every aspect of American life.
Graft and corruption on a grand scale seems to be what our government does best. mcconnell and his cronies should all be castrated just a few minutes before some loyal American shoots the thieves in the frickin head.
That man along with hal rogers actually makes me want to puke every time their names cross my mind.
I have to wonder how many millions of tax dollars they have actually stashed away at our expense.
I used to actually respect hal rogers until it came to lite that he has gotten his daughter two 5 million dollar grants of which she either gets to keep ten or twenty percent for being the administrator. Get this. The last one is for making sure the big cats survive. The cougars are already protected in America. We dont have any lions, tigers cheetahs or jaguars in America so why is another five million tax dollars being given to Allison? She already got one a few years ago for all the homeless animals in pulaski county could have a good meal and a dry bed to sleep in for a day or two before they were euthanized. More like shot in the head with a 22. Its much cheaper to kill them that way you know.
Thats only 5 million times two that went to allison for nothing other than to enrich her at our expense. What a good dad hal rogers is. To bad he screwed every taxpayer in America to get that title.
lol

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

weezy wrote:
Time will tell the tale.
I dont believe anyone actually knows the full extent of what obamacare entails. That includes obama. I do believe he thinks its best for Americans but far to many Americans dont see it that way. Most see it as an attempt to shove more government crap down our throats just so the fat cats can get fatter at our expense.
I have to ask you why?
We have millions of Americans living on the edge, barely scraping by and these geniuses in DC put more financial burden on the majority of Americans in the form of mandatory insurance costs or face a penalty come tax time. There is nothing right or good about it.
I for one believe if change is made they should start with the families that have made a living out of welfare, foodstamps and SSI. The people that have never worked and never will as long as government handouts are available should be cut off the government tit ASAP. They are nothing but a dead weight on society.
The boston bombers families are the perfect example of part of the problem in America. According to the newspapers they received over 100,000 american dollars in government giveaways even tho they arent Americans. I wish somebody in DC would explain that to all of us. We have Americans living in the streets eating garbage to survive and these elected better than thou assholes give all our tax dollars to a bunch of other assholes that want to kill us.
It makes me want to kill all of them. Not really but the thought does cross my mind occasionally when I see blatant thievery going on with our tax dollars at stake and nobody up there raises a hand to stop it. Its more like they are holding out their hands so more tax dollars go into their private bank accounts.
Our problem in America starts at the whitehouse and radiates down from there to every aspect of American life.
Graft and corruption on a grand scale seems to be what our government does best. mcconnell and his cronies should all be castrated just a few minutes before some loyal American shoots the thieves in the frickin head.
That man along with hal rogers actually makes me want to puke every time their names cross my mind.
I have to wonder how many millions of tax dollars they have actually stashed away at our expense.
I used to actually respect hal rogers until it came to lite that he has gotten his daughter two 5 million dollar grants of which she either gets to keep ten or twenty percent for being the administrator. Get this. The last one is for making sure the big cats survive. The cougars are already protected in America. We dont have any lions, tigers cheetahs or jaguars in America so why is another five million tax dollars being given to Allison? She already got one a few years ago for all the homeless animals in pulaski county could have a good meal and a dry bed to sleep in for a day or two before they were euthanized. More like shot in the head with a 22. Its much cheaper to kill them that way you know.
Thats only 5 million times two that went to allison for nothing other than to enrich her at our expense. What a good dad hal rogers is. To bad he screwed every taxpayer in America to get that title.
Ten million dolars is small pocket change to the $90 Billion the president gave to his donors for their failing green companies.
We know

Siauliai, Lithuania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

weezy wrote:
Time will tell the tale.
I have to ask you why?
"The boston bombers families are the perfect example of part of the problem in America. According to the newspapers they received over 100,000 american dollars in government giveaways even tho they arent Americans. I wish somebody in DC would explain that to all of us. We have Americans living in the streets eating garbage to survive and these elected better than thou assholes give all our tax dollars to a bunch of other assholes that want to kill us. "

They are doing this to provoke us to declare revolution, so they can declare martial law, and break America down for One World Gvmt.
By their figures, we should have already marched on Washington with guns drawn.
We know

Siauliai, Lithuania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

SpeakUp wrote:
<quoted text>
tico, if your net income qualifies, you'll be provided supplement for health insurance. Obama's goal is to have as many insured as possible which in turn will promote better overall health, and, in the future once it's infiltrated throughout the system, help to curtail rising premium costs. IF the rich cats still opt not to purchase health insurance (of their own choosing), a penalty (additional tax) will be implemented and those monies will be used in the overall plan, which includes providing supplements. If the fat cats oppose health insurance, let them pay the price so others won't have to suffer more in part because of their unwillingness. The State Exchanges are not that expensive. If you are self-employed, or also have a family, it's important you have health insurance and under President Obama's Healthcare Reform, you indeed will have.
People that don't have health insurance are using emergency rooms across the country for free, and some free hospitals across the country and trust me, there are plenty that use these that indeed can afford health insurance premiums. They simply believe in freeloading, then complaining. Free loaders are the biggest complainers. You see that on here. It's no different than our Public Aid Nursing Homes being bogged down with millionaire's aging parents who transferred their millions well in advance. Their kids have mansions and yachts with their money while they allow their parents to rot in public funding nursing homes. That leaves little room for people that have real needs. I guess Obama was abit sick of all this also. You see, some of us have got their number. No PhD is required to know exactly what they do and now, we are crashing some parties, that's all.
Why are you on here pretending that Conservatives are the only evil rich people in the world.
You have democrats in power that are more evil and just as rich as the people that you strike out with such hatred at.
SpeakUp

River Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

weezy wrote:
Time will tell the tale.
I have to ask you why?
I'm doing great, weezy. Thanks for asking. I don't follow Kentucky politicians other than what I read about them on here. I have enough problem keeping up with the crooks here. lol But, I will answer your question about Obamacare. I can do that.

*see below

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Keavy Discussions

Search the Keavy Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min Libertarian 122,584
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min Jay 138,368
Feds Back Down From Bundy Siege 11 min Predictable 156
bernice didnt know there was a code (Jul '09) 23 min Charges 10
Government defiance 28 min Laurel Patriot 4
unsolved murders in london ky. (Dec '08) 30 min exlondon native 74
liberal privi;ege 34 min Abo2bu 10
•••

Freeze Warning for Laurel County was issued at April 16 at 9:59AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Keavy Dating