'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 239455 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#172032 Jul 28, 2014
Curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
It is called "Fight Back Against Republican Class Warfare"
You mean the one percent like Hillary, Obama, Reid, Pelosi and Holder. You must be getting smarter.

Paris

#172033 Jul 28, 2014
sure wrote:
<quoted text>
surprise surprise... any intelligent thought is above your pay grade.
But not above Gods........you are a simpleton and must have the IQ of a turnip.
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#172034 Jul 28, 2014
Dream on Dorothy....we haven't lagged behind on taking the WH the last two elections. What's happening to your repukes, voting for the DEMS? hahaha Bet that chaps your ass big time even thought those losers have sucked your state dry. ahha

Kansas Is Going Bankrupt And Republicans Are Lying About the Tax Cutting Reason Why

Republicans and conservative economists continue claiming cutting taxes for the rich is key to full employment, wealth for the masses, government flush with money, and a robust economy. In fact, Kansas Republican Governor Sam Brownback and the Republican legislature were so confident that slashing safety nets, cutting education, and spending a budget surplus on tax cuts for the rich would produce an economic bonanza, they gave the wealthy well over a billion dollars in unfunded tax cuts that has the state’s economy starved of revenue.

However, despite Republican warnings the state will be bankrupt in two years, more than 100 Kansas Republicans swearing to help replace Brownback with a Democrat for governor, and a credit agency downgrading Kansas credit, a noted conservative economist lied to support Brownback’s tax cuts as a job creating bonanza. Kansas is lagging behind the rest of the nation in creating jobs besides facing a revenue shortfall of massive proportions.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/07/28/kansas...

Lying, greedy repukes....shame, shame. Can't blame those that run to the DEM side. Maybe they will fix it for you.

RIP GOP

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH

Come on out loser lemming trolls, stomp and spin those proxies. haha

Paris

#172035 Jul 28, 2014
Curmudgeon wrote:
Here we go again.....Dadburn Democrats trying to put a stick in the spokes of the Republican Bicycle carrying the end of Overtime Pay, the End of the 40 Hour Work Week, the End of Weekends off work, and the End of Holidays off work........
If the Democrats have their way, Workaholics will suffer.........
Republican Attack on Overtime is Fraud, Not Flexibility
http://www.adaction.org/pages/posts/republica...
POLL: 77% want illegals sent home...Shows how much Obama is out of touch.

Paris

#172036 Jul 28, 2014
Cornelius Scudmister wrote:
<quoted text>
You said it in response to my mentioning of Santa.
Now how about you join the conversation instead trying to find technical faults to pick on..
Or is that the only way you can contribute?
Yes, you said Santa was basically the same a God........now how about you back up your lie.
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#172037 Jul 28, 2014
USA Today Publishes John Boehner Editorial Then Trashes His Lawsuit Against Obama

USA Today published an editorial by House Speaker John Boehner defending his lawsuit against President Obama, while at the same time their own editorial board published an editorial blasting the lawsuit.
Boehner wrote,“Congress makes the laws; the president executes them. That is the system the Founders gave us. This is not about executive orders. Every president issues executive orders. Most of them, though, do so within the law. This is also not about me vs. President Obama. This is about future Congresses and future presidents. There is a conflict between the executive branch and the legislative branch of our government. It is the judiciary branch’s role to help resolve it. I believe this path is the right one to defend our institution and preserve the Constitution, while continuing to focus on the American people’s top priority — helping our private sector create more American jobs.”

The editorial board at USA Today put out a nearly simultaneous editorial that took Boehner to task for the lawsuit.

The editorial board wrote:

It’s possible to view this as a high-minded dispute over where the Constitution draws the lines of authority between Congress and the president. Republicans cite scores of examples of what they say is executive overreach, such as Obama’s decision not to deport children brought here illegally by their parents.

But the lawsuit focuses solely on a small part of Obamacare, one that Republicans themselves would love to see delayed forever. A fair-minded look at the suit’s merits suggests it’s really more of a political grudge match, one in which the GOP is seeking an outcome it hasn’t been able to achieve at the polls or through the legislative process.

For one thing, Obama’s temporary delay to part of the health law doesn’t seem much different from President George W. Bush’s action in 2006 to extend the deadline and waive penalties for certain seniors who hadn’t signed up in time for the new Medicare prescription drug program. Both presidents appeared to be making reasonable, short-term accommodations to reality, and courts have traditionally given the executive branch broad discretion in implementing complex new laws.
It’s not good when the editorial board of the newspaper that published Boehner’s defense of his lawsuit felt compelled to write their own editorial condemning his tactics. Outside of conservative circles, Boehner is not finding a warm reception anywhere for his lawsuit. The lawsuit isn’t fooling anybody. It has always been a path towards drumming up support for impeaching the president. Boehner’s frivolous abuse of the court system is also intended to make Obamacare the front and center issue during the midterm elections.

The lawsuit does look like an attempt by a sore loser at petty political retribution. Republicans lost at the ballot box. They’ve lost in court of public opinion, because people like what the ACA does. All that they have left is a desperate run to the courts in the hopes that partisan activist judges will bail them out.

As a political strategy, the lawsuit has backfired. Democrats are fired up over Boehner’s clumsy tactics. As a fundraising gambit, the lawsuit has been a disaster. Democrats continue to raise millions of dollars off of a tactic that was supposed to help Republicans gain seats in the fall.
Boehner has shot the Republican Party in both feet with his lawsuit, and it has gotten to the point where no credible publication wants to be tainted with the embarrassment surrounding his attempt to sue the president.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/07/28/usa-to...

haha PRICELESS

"The lawsuit does look like an attempt by a sore loser at petty political retribution. Republicans lost at the ballot box."

Repukes motives in a NUTshell. haha

RIP GOP

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#172038 Jul 28, 2014
Sarah Palin Is Trying To Steal Fox’s Viewers With a Channel That Costs More Than Netflix

Still stuck in 2008, Sarah Palin thinks that people will pay more than the cost of a Netflix membership to listen to her bitter ramblings about President Obama.

Palin has put up cameras around her Alaska home, and seems to be under the delusion that hundreds of thousands of people will pay to watch her prattle around the house while telling them repeatedly how much she hates President Obama,“We’re not out to make a reality show,” Jonathan Klein said.“We’re out to make a channel that provides you with all the dimensions of her personality. People are nuanced. They have different layers and different levels. Too often people in public life are reduced to easily digestible cartoons… What we’re excited about is giving voice, for literally thousands of people who are out there, to someone who’s got passion and something to say and has a rabid audience that wants to hear it.” Klein added:“Sarah Palin’s supporters and the members of her channel will get a 360-degree view of the person they adore.”

The last statement makes it clear. Sarah Palin is out to milk the last few of her remaining fans out of $9.95 a month. There have been some comparisons to Glenn Beck’s channel, but Palin should not expect to bring in the tens of millions of dollars that he is generating. Even after getting the boot from Fox News, Glenn Beck still has seven million weekly radio listeners. Beck also has a website, and even he only has 300,000 subscribers

Sarah Palin doesn’t have an audience. She has a few devoted clusters of fans that are still holding out hope that there is something more to the former half-term Alaska governor than making money. The Palin channel likely has little in overhead costs, so whoever she can sucker into signing up for this thing will be found money.

The idea that Sarah Palin would charge more than a Netflix membership for people to hang out on a website that has no scheduled programming would be mind blowing if this weren’t Sarah Palin that was being discussed. There is even talk that Palin will be trying to compete with Fox News. Sarah Palin won’t steal any Fox News viewers away. Fox might even gain a few more viewers one her contract ends. Although, the channel looks more like an attempt to make money while maintaining the illusion that Palin is a force in grassroots Republican politics.

The Sarah Palin Channel is another example of mainstream media types getting suckered into the myth of Palin. She will likely make a tidy profit off of the rubes who sign up, but she is one of the most disliked E-list celebrities in the country. Sarah Palin has created a temple for the unwashed masses to worship her, and she is charging them more than the cost of Netflix membership to do it.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/07/28/sarah-...

[email protected] NUTjob....hilarious

Get those credit cards ready suckers. haha

RIP GOP

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH

“Kiss my tiny white tukus ”

Since: Aug 11

Smacking Down Stupidity

#172039 Jul 28, 2014
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>
The proof you ask for is everywhere to see, yet you are too blind to see it.
Machinery and technology is quite different that human DNA.
You mock what you can't understand. I understand evolution, I simply disagree with the THEORY that man evolved from apes. I don't mock it.
Those that are scared of what they cannot understand are the real tools of the world. Such as yourself.
Now toddle off and let the REAL grown-ups talk.
There is not one theory that puts forth that man evolved from Apes (Not even Darwin).
THAT proves my point that you lack even the basic understanding required to differentiate between evidence and stories.
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#172040 Jul 28, 2014
This one is hilarious too. Bunch of suckers will drool over her ignorant, useless rantings. haha

Twitter Users Pitch #PalinTVShows For Babbling Moron’s New Network (Screenshots)

Since Sarah Palin has taken the next step in her long descent into insanity–her own network--Twitter has a few show ideas for the half-wit, half-term former Governor of Alaska. Bargain Bin Barbie‘s new network has a higher subscription rate than Netflix–just under $10 per month–and promises to “look at the issues of the day” and “find solutions.”
Palin, whose ‘great ideas’ have included honoring Martin Luther King Jr. with a racist attack on the President and calls for Obama’s impeachment over the border crisis, the debt limit, and that one time Chick-Fil-A ran out of chicken on Customer Appreciation Day.

Check out some of the suggestions, below, via #PalinTVShows:

http://aattp.org/twitter-users-pitch-palintvs...

Love the suggestions. hahaha

RIP GOP

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH

Oh lQQkie at all the crybaby trolls...stomp away leDUMBO haha
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#172041 Jul 28, 2014
Chris Christie Exposes the GOP’s Biggest Problem, and Why They’re Doomed in the Future

It’s always humorous when Republicans gather in some kind of convention to talk about what they need to do to “appeal to Americans better.” It’s an important situation considering they have a massive problem appealing to Americans who aren’t straight, white older Christian males.

I always laugh because they act as if there’s some giant mystery behind why a party that opposes:

Women’s rights
Religious freedom
Minorities
Gay rights
Immigration reform
The minimum wage
Might struggle to connect with many Americans.

Well, Chris Christie proposed a “plan” during a speech at the Aspen Institute. He said the GOP is “getting pounded because of the way we present ourselves.”

“People want folks who are authentic, and who believe what they say is true. But also are willing to be tolerant and listen to other points of view,” he continued.

So, his “plan” to fix conservatives is to make them more tolerant, while being open minded to the ideas of other people.

In other words, the way to “fix” the GOP is for Republicans to stop acting like conservatives.

And that’s their problem.

They just don’t get it. They can’t continue to be conservatives and expect to remain relevant nationally. Because right now they’re still maintaining a little power, but it’s slipping. The tea party is seizing more and more of the far right, and eventually it’s going to splinter off into it’s own party, splitting the GOP in two. And if that happens, the GOP will either face a national collapse or go full-on tea party.

And when that day happens, people like Paul Ryan, John Boehner, Mitch McConnell and Jeb Bush will seem like radical liberals by comparison.

You think the tea party is crazy now? Just wait.

I predicted a long time ago that in the future moderate Republicans are going to either have to fade into oblivion politically or become Democrats. Because the tea party isn’t going away and they’ll never be able to become mainstream while appeasing that brand of lunacy.

The tea party is never going to ease up on abortion, gay rights, religious freedoms or immigration. In fact, the more power they gain, the more radical they’re going to become with each one of those issues.
And does anyone really think in the “deep South,” where we’re still battling racism that’s been consistent since the dawn of this nation, that minorities are going to be widely accepted?

But the part I found most interesting about Christie’s comment is how he worded it to sound like something feasible, but it’s ultimately impossible. See, many conservatives believe that what they stand for isn’t the issue, it’s just how they present their side of the argument.
Essentially, it’s not that people support same-sex marriage, women’s rights or immigration – Republicans don’t present their intolerant side of each of those arguments in a cheerful and jolly way.

While I’m no Christie fan, I do think he “gets it” as far as what the GOP needs to do going forward. Though he’ll never be embraced by many conservatives because they don’t believe he’s a “real conservative.”
And that’s why they Republican party is doomed.

Any Republican who might dare to try to take the party out of the 1950&#8242;s is going to fail. These people have been fed so many lies by the right-wing media that reality no longer applies to them. They honestly believe as a nation we’re getting more conservative. But we’re not. We’re becoming more liberal.

So while the nation becomes more liberal, more diverse and more accepting – conservatives are doubling down on the exact opposite.

And in the end, that’s going to be their downfall.

- See more at: http://www.forwardprogressives.com/chris-chri...

It will be their downfall. hahaha

Watch for it. haha

RIP GOP

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH

“Kiss my tiny white tukus ”

Since: Aug 11

Smacking Down Stupidity

#172042 Jul 28, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, you said Santa was basically the same a God........now how about you back up your lie.
No I said "The only real difference between Santa and Jesus is the number of people who currently believe him to be real."
You dispute that more people believe in Jesus?
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#172043 Jul 28, 2014
Here's what Mitch McConnell wants to repeal from his home state

Take a look at what Kentucky's uninsurance rates looked like before Obamacare—all the red areas are 17 percent or higher:

Now take a look after Obamacare—not a single red county, and even some that were once over 17 percent are now less than five percent:
That's not good news, that's great news. In fact, it's literally life-saving news. And if Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell gets his way and repeals Obamacare, it would all be taken away.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/07/28/1317... #

Alison should use this in her ads too. Maps clearly show KY took advantage of OBAMAcare, thanks to our DEMOCRAT Governor who DOES care about Kentuckians.

OBAMAcare is better than GOP NOcare.

RIP GOP

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
Curmudgeon

Savannah, GA

#172044 Jul 28, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>POLL: 77% want illegals sent home...Shows how much Obama is out of touch.
Methinks thou dost have thy slings and arrows pointed in the Wrong Direction.... Newsflash***....... The Democrats are Not the Ones who are Organizing, Shepherding, and Facilitating the Central American Illegal Immigrant Invasion of America......

This happened in 2012 which means this has been going on More Than Two Years...

Mexico:

Angry Mexican Nationals Attack a Catholic Shelter For Central American Illegal Immigrants Traveling to the USA

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/14/world/americas/...
Curmudgeon

Savannah, GA

#172046 Jul 28, 2014
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! For all I care, Kansas can go TU, but it will not hurt my pocket! Hell, just as I have always done, if it gets bad here, I will move!!! Yep, been mobile all of my life!
How does it feel to have a communist in the WH, not once, but twice, and you voted for the commie prick. LMAO!!! Just a fact you will have to be burden with!!!
Oh, from now on if you want to communicate with me, please post to me, not some "to it may concern", OK!!!
Your manner of speech indicates the John Birch Society Influence has effected you......
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#172047 Jul 28, 2014
Mitch McConnell Distances Himself From A Budget That He Effusively Praised

Rep. Paul Ryan's (R-Wis.) 2011 budget proposal has incited an advertising war in one of the country's premier Senate contests over how it would have affected Medicare beneficiaries.

The discord between Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes (D) began Tuesday, when Grimes' campaign put out its first negative ad criticizing McConnell for voting to open debate on the budget plan. McConnell fired back 24 hours later, calling Grimes' attack a "false" one.

Grimes' ad relied on a Center on Budget and Policy Priorities report estimating that Ryan's budget would increase the out-of-pocket expenses for the average Medicare recipient from about $6,000 to $12,000 by 2022. A subsequent FactCheck.org piece evaluating Grimes' ad said her campaign's claim that the Ryan budget would have raised Medicare beneficiaries' costs by $6,000 a "distortion," since that amount has been disputed and Ryan's proposal would have exempted from its changes those who were already at or near retirement age.
McConnell's response to questions about his past support for Ryan's budget suggests he may be trying to keep the budget at arm's length. His campaign told FactCheck.org that since the motion to consider debate on the budget failed,“There is no way to speculate if [McConnell] would have voted for final passage without having debated amendments."

The campaign's comment is at odds with multiple statements McConnell made about the budget proposal as the bill was being debated, however. A declaration the senator made on "Meet the Press" --“I voted for the Ryan budget" -- sounds more like a wholehearted endorsement of the plan than a cool one.

McConnell also said in the spring of 2011 on the Senate floor that the budget "would strengthen the social safety net so we can keep the promises we've made to America's seniors," and he commended the plan as one that would "address our most pressing problems head-on." On Fox News, McConnell said the plan was a "very sensible way to go to try to save Medicare."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/10/mitc...

Although many say Alison's ad was deceptive, it was not. He did back Ryan's proposal. She could of presented it better, but there IS truth to it. They still want to give seniors vouchers. Thankfully, Obamacare being upheld by the courts make his proposal just a CON dream.

"A declaration the senator made on "Meet the Press" --“I voted for the Ryan budget"...He can deny all he wants....ahhhhh the wonders of internet and "Meet the Press" videos. haha

RIP GOP

ALISON 2014

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#172048 Jul 28, 2014
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! For all I care, Kansas can go TU, but it will not hurt my pocket! Hell, just as I have always done, if it gets bad here, I will move!!! Yep, been mobile all of my life!
How does it feel to have a communist in the WH, not once, but twice, and you voted for the commie prick. LMAO!!! Just a fact you will have to be burden with!!!
Oh, from now on if you want to communicate with me, please post to me, not some "to it may concern", OK!!!
Sucks not to have a place to call home eh? I would vote for him again if I could. He sure beats all the clown candidates you loser lemming tools line up. Plus, he hasn't done too bad considering he has had no help from the teabagger CONS who refuse to govern. It will bite them in the ass and ensure that the WH escapes them for awhile.

I will post to you as the sissy DOROTHY you are.

RIP GOP

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
sure

United States

#172049 Jul 28, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>But not above Gods........you are a simpleton and must have the IQ of a turnip.
back to that god theory again huh? what prayer did u have answered for us? you really look STUPID pretending to change subjects whenever this is brought up! if you cant do this as promised in ur bible.... you and it are a lie. pretty simple
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#172050 Jul 28, 2014
Cornelius Scudmister wrote:
<quoted text>
There is not one theory that puts forth that man evolved from Apes (Not even Darwin).
THAT proves my point that you lack even the basic understanding required to differentiate between evidence and stories.
You were saying..........

http://www.macroevolution.net/ape-to-human-ev...

Again, please try to keep up.
sure

United States

#172051 Jul 28, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>POLL: 77% want illegals sent home...Shows how much Obama is out of touch.
and you believe in fairy tales! shows how much u are out of touch!
Dale

United States

#172052 Jul 28, 2014
Curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Your manner of speech indicates the John Birch Society Influence has effected you......
LMAO!!! Thank you!!! Where does that leave your commie ass???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Real Republican Say No To Trump 3 min Farm_er 3
Is olive garden coming to exit 38 ? 6 min Farm_er 2
Laurel Cookie Factory -- what do you think? (Jun '08) 12 min really 9,310
Trump Thinks America Is A Hellhole...He's Wrong! 15 min Nonlib 9
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 23 min CriminalForever 151,856
Trump's Continued Hate Of Women 32 min Nonlib 8
Teamsters endorse Hillary Clinton 57 min true 6

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keavy Mortgages