'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
OZombies

Mesa, AZ

#110108 Jul 13, 2013
SYL wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought they ask clarification on manslaughter.
That's must be what they are thinking of.
A man will go to prison for defending his life. God help the rest of the white population if we need the justice system to work for us from now on.
True...I served jury, years ago and some people have no common sense and going on emotions.
My self and a gentleman didn't want to change our decision so it was hung jury...I told them NO, end of story ...!!

The motorcycle guy on the freeway riding his bike on those dots between the cars lost control slid underneath the truck. He sued that truck company for 2 million dollars, because he really got hurt. Truck driver didn't make any mistakes, going his own way, didn't realize that motorcycle and a young guy were underneath his truck. Do you want to punish truck driver and his company because he was in the wrong place, and the wrong time, NO...!!

The other 10 jurors want to award this young guy. They said 'no matter who's fault it was, this guy really got hurt'...I'm sorry for this young guy and we have to see all of those pictures, but it was his fault...!! COMON SENSE AND THE LAW...!!

If someone ran into you and got hurt, but it was not your fault, if they decided to take you to court, I don't think you want this 10 jurors ...!!

At the end when I explained why I think this way, another juror said, now I really don't know which way to go...!! That was it...!!
OZombies

Mesa, AZ

#110109 Jul 13, 2013
Self Preservation wrote:
Yes OZ. I'm thinking "hung jury" and hoping as well. Because I did not see anyone show that George was aggressive or that he "intended" to kill anyone.
And certainly the prosecution proved nothing except that they thought the jurors should use "feelings" and feel sorry for the young man who spoke about violence on his texts, talked about acquiring a gun and smoked dope, dreamed of being more of a thug than he already was, and didn't have the good sense to go home.
I'm hoping the jury is taking it all step by step & being very thorough as I'd expect a group of women to be. Going over every thing.
It sounds as if they are by being very serious by asking for clarification. I sure hope so.
And yes, it's always fun to let go and play and be carefree a little bit. My dogs wore me out though, shoo weee,boy was I hungry after that. Haha!!
:-)!!
Self Preservation

Elizabethtown, KY

#110110 Jul 13, 2013
Oh I know that CC, and I'm sad a young man is dead, no matter if he lived a reckless life or not or was a fine example of good citizenship. Life is precious. All life.

On the other hand, I do not wish to see another life taken UNLESS it is well deserve. I of course do not know how it went down--I wasn't there. But Ive heard what has been presented, Ive listen to experts in forensics, heard George explain, heard the prosecutions explanation, & it appears clear to me the case for murder NOR manslaughter has been proven beyond a doubt.

What all the ones on here name calling and slamming people don't get is that for me personally (can't speak for others), is that I didn't go into listening to this case with any kind of opinion at all. I like to form my own opinions. And it would not matter to me one bit whatsoever if George were black, white, yellow, tan or even green. If he were any other color and this case had been hyped up as it has, I'd still be interested and listening.

And what's more, the conclusions that I've come to regarding the charges of this case, would still be exactly the same. I'd still be speaking out just as much.

There is only one thing I'm actually ticked off about and that is how this entire trial has reeked of wrongdoing & mistakes In Filing charges at all and then trying this man via the media and public based on racism. And racism alone.
I'd be just as ticked if George were black and trayvon the dead man had been white--simply because the way this whole deal has been conducted makes a fair unbiased trial impossible.

And I usually do stand up for the under dog who is treated unjustly and unfairly. No matter their race.

Don't care if you believe that or not. It's the truth.
SYL

Ashland, KY

#110111 Jul 13, 2013
OZombies wrote:
<quoted text>
True...I served jury, years ago and some people have no common sense and going on emotions.
My self and a gentleman didn't want to change our decision so it was hung jury...I told them NO, end of story ...!!
The motorcycle guy on the freeway riding his bike on those dots between the cars lost control slid underneath the truck. He sued that truck company for 2 million dollars, because he really got hurt. Truck driver didn't make any mistakes, going his own way, didn't realize that motorcycle and a young guy were underneath his truck. Do you want to punish truck driver and his company because he was in the wrong place, and the wrong time, NO...!!
The other 10 jurors want to award this young guy. They said 'no matter who's fault it was, this guy really got hurt'...I'm sorry for this young guy and we have to see all of those pictures, but it was his fault...!! COMON SENSE AND THE LAW...!!
If someone ran into you and got hurt, but it was not your fault, if they decided to take you to court, I don't think you want this 10 jurors ...!!
At the end when I explained why I think this way, another juror said, now I really don't know which way to go...!! That was it...!!
Good for you . There needs to more honest people. This wouldn't have been in pike Co would about two years ago?
pinky

Ottumwa, IA

#110112 Jul 13, 2013
ev
OZombies

Mesa, AZ

#110113 Jul 13, 2013
Media call George "white Latino"...media made this case black and white. George is black/Peruvian, but you didn't hear that anywhere. This is really bad and when Obama made comment,'if I had son he would look like Trayvon', his supporters went wild without even hearing any facts about this case. This is very sad. Then instigators Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, out of control losers feeding on 'white guilt'...No one is talking about black killing white guy in Florida not to long ago. Nothing about blacks killing blacks in Chicago, or young black kids organized mob robbing liquor stores...HYPOCRITES...!!

Unless people having serious talk about it, this will continue for ever ...!!

No more guilt...president is black, attorney general is black, there is blacks everywhere in every position ... there is no more slavery ...you can do anything you want to...no one is stopping you...do something for yourself ...stop using race as a excuse ...!!

...but what will 2 idiots, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson do if there is no more race issue ...!!
Self Preservation

Elizabethtown, KY

#110114 Jul 13, 2013
Let me ask you guys this. Did you hear about how the judge "may" be allowing a preacher/pastor to come and "minister" to the jurors if they are still sequestered on Sunday?
And what do you think about that?

I am surprised by that idea. I think it would be wrong to allow anyone in with "sequestered" jurors for any reason unrelated to the trial.
I feel certain when Jesus mentioned getting your OX out of the ditch rather than going to church, because its a necessary thing to do that cannot be helped....He was conveying how when a person has obligation of duty to do or take care of--then it is acceptable that the person take care of his/her duty or obligation. And then attend Church afterwards at earliest possible time.
That's my opinion on a pastor coming in to interrupt the jurors thought processes or perhaps one who would try to make them feel guilty if they allowed a killer to go free.

Although I believe Church to be vital and necessary, I just do not believe it to be the time or the place or at all necessary for these jurors. Missing a Sunday of worship in the service of the government and its citizens is forgivable. It is a duty imposed upon them they have (at this point) that does not allow them to do anything else outside of the duty they are required to be there for.

So, what is anyone else's opinion?
OZombies

Mesa, AZ

#110115 Jul 13, 2013
SYL wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you . There needs to more honest people. This wouldn't have been in pike Co would about two years ago?
This case was in CA about 15 years ago.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#110116 Jul 13, 2013
That would be a test of Constitutionality, I wonder if the WhiteHouse Ministry or m.Brotherhood will be there to represent.
Self Preservation wrote:
Let me ask you guys this. Did you hear about how the judge "may" be allowing a preacher/pastor to come and "minister" to the jurors if they are still sequestered on Sunday?
And what do you think about that?
I am surprised by that idea. I think it would be wrong to allow anyone in with "sequestered" jurors for any reason unrelated to the trial.
I feel certain when Jesus mentioned getting your OX out of the ditch rather than going to church, because its a necessary thing to do that cannot be helped....He was conveying how when a person has obligation of duty to do or take care of--then it is acceptable that the person take care of his/her duty or obligation. And then attend Church afterwards at earliest possible time.
That's my opinion on a pastor coming in to interrupt the jurors thought processes or perhaps one who would try to make them feel guilty if they allowed a killer to go free.
Although I believe Church to be vital and necessary, I just do not believe it to be the time or the place or at all necessary for these jurors. Missing a Sunday of worship in the service of the government and its citizens is forgivable. It is a duty imposed upon them they have (at this point) that does not allow them to do anything else outside of the duty they are required to be there for.
So, what is anyone else's opinion?
Self Preservation

Elizabethtown, KY

#110117 Jul 13, 2013
You're exactly right OZ. we live in a pitifully divided nation. The best nation in the world where all people's should be grateful for the liberties and freedoms they have to do, be, become or dream anything.

Can this hate, spite and division, and the you owe me something because of my skin color only crowd crap ever be fixed? My older friend and I do not think so. Sadly.
The reason We do not believe its fixable is because all ya gotta do is think backwards for a second or two & you'll be able to recall or can look it up how, a couple or so generations ago the Black people just claimed to want to be equal and all would be cool and fine with them.

And I'm not talking about the many blacks who are and have been fine representation of everything America holds dear and all that is whole and complete.
I'm speaking of the group of blacks that do not now nor have they seemed to ever WANT to be anything other than STUCK.

Well, they got equal. It wasn't good enough. They wanted MORE than equal. They wanted an INCREASED racism not less. Only they wanted the racism to be towards the whites. They got that. Which they got through diversity (hate that word), being given for free jobs they did not earn. Displacing people who were better qualified so color could take precedence. Only they held onto being stuck, & unmoving. Held on to the hate. The spite.

I could go on and on but I won't. Not enough time but all one has to do is look at what they've ask for what they've demanded, what they rammed down every throat....... Guess what.... It's not ENOUGH.
and I submit (after hearing years of wisdom from one who has seen much) nothing will ever be enough simply because they do not WANT it to be enough. No desire for equality. They only desire superiority. That's it. Only the takers are not qualified for it. And THAT makes them seethe and stirs the division and the hate.

This, what I just said is ALL what an 82 yr old black woman whose experienced a lot over the years told me as we discussed the condition American has put herself into by making stupid choices that sounded good on the surface but made no sense & had no vision for what it might reap in the future.

I believe she perhaps has an extremely well thought unbiased view. She has an enormous family of all types of blacks. She's been around the block a few times. She is fair and never makes quick judgements.
I'm beginning to see she might just know more than just about anyone else in America.

Her sadness is palpable for what she sees her race doing to itself. All because of Words She says ... Or the COLOR of skin. Which she says should not even be a fly in the stew at all. Because according to her--- that fly alone in the stew (color)-- makes it impossible for ANyone of any color to eat from the pot. Therefore she says we are all doomed.

Doomed if we do not STOP this nonsense and right NOW.

Amen.
Jay

Paris, TN

#110119 Jul 13, 2013
Self Preservation wrote:
You're exactly right OZ. we live in a pitifully divided nation. The best nation in the world where all people's should be grateful for the liberties and freedoms they have to do, be, become or dream anything.
Can this hate, spite and division, and the you owe me something because of my skin color only crowd crap ever be fixed? My older friend and I do not think so. Sadly.
The reason We do not believe its fixable is because all ya gotta do is think backwards for a second or two & you'll be able to recall or can look it up how, a couple or so generations ago the Black people just claimed to want to be equal and all would be cool and fine with them.
And I'm not talking about the many blacks who are and have been fine representation of everything America holds dear and all that is whole and complete.
I'm speaking of the group of blacks that do not now nor have they seemed to ever WANT to be anything other than STUCK.
Well, they got equal. It wasn't good enough. They wanted MORE than equal. They wanted an INCREASED racism not less. Only they wanted the racism to be towards the whites. They got that. Which they got through diversity (hate that word), being given for free jobs they did not earn. Displacing people who were better qualified so color could take precedence. Only they held onto being stuck, & unmoving. Held on to the hate. The spite.
I could go on and on but I won't. Not enough time but all one has to do is look at what they've ask for what they've demanded, what they rammed down every throat....... Guess what.... It's not ENOUGH.
and I submit (after hearing years of wisdom from one who has seen much) nothing will ever be enough simply because they do not WANT it to be enough. No desire for equality. They only desire superiority. That's it. Only the takers are not qualified for it. And THAT makes them seethe and stirs the division and the hate.
This, what I just said is ALL what an 82 yr old black woman whose experienced a lot over the years told me as we discussed the condition American has put herself into by making stupid choices that sounded good on the surface but made no sense & had no vision for what it might reap in the future.
I believe she perhaps has an extremely well thought unbiased view. She has an enormous family of all types of blacks. She's been around the block a few times. She is fair and never makes quick judgements.
I'm beginning to see she might just know more than just about anyone else in America.
Her sadness is palpable for what she sees her race doing to itself. All because of Words She says ... Or the COLOR of skin. Which she says should not even be a fly in the stew at all. Because according to her--- that fly alone in the stew (color)-- makes it impossible for ANyone of any color to eat from the pot. Therefore she says we are all doomed.
Amen.

SP, in a nutshell! Nail on the head! Good post.
OZombies

Mesa, AZ

#110120 Jul 13, 2013
Self Preservation wrote:
Amen.
SP!
Amen, good post :-)!!

I just love Kennedy's words...
"NOT WHAT YOUR COUNTRY CAN DO FOR YOU,
BUT WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY"!
Those days are over and long gone ...!! America is just another country with so many problems. People asking what they can get, free stuff...!!
Politicians corrupt, rich, greedy with so much power ...!! In some cases illegals have more rights and help than law abiding Americans...!!

Some, as you can see here on topix, protect and defend Muslim fanatics, illegals/criminals but attack their own people ...!! America has been totally changed and not for the better ...!!
Self Preservation

Elizabethtown, KY

#110121 Jul 13, 2013
VERDICT IS "IN". Waiting now to hear. OMG.
OZombies

Mesa, AZ

#110122 Jul 13, 2013
Self Preservation wrote:
VERDICT IS "IN". Waiting now to hear. OMG.
Watching ...
OZombies

Mesa, AZ

#110123 Jul 13, 2013
NOT GUILTY !!!!!
Self Preservation

Elizabethtown, KY

#110124 Jul 13, 2013
Those poor jurors NEVER Got clarification on what the manslaughter charges meant. Did not receive a definition.

NOT GUILTY!!!! Praise God that truth and justice has reined.

I feel horrible for Trayvons parents, I cannot imagine the let down they must feel and my heart and prayers go out to those who loved Trayvon. May all of the family find peace. And comfort in The Lord.
Jay

Paris, TN

#110125 Jul 13, 2013
Wow!

Not guilty. Period!
OZombies

Mesa, AZ

#110126 Jul 13, 2013
No one won here. Parents of Trayvon feel all the pain. I feel sorry for his mother. Lord help everyone ...!!
Self Preservation

Elizabethtown, KY

#110127 Jul 13, 2013
OZ, there was something I heard a talk show host say earlier that I hadn't even thought of during this entire case. Which is this: as she talked she as against George and was saying how "he even had a gun he was carrying--a loaded gun" and she implied because of that he MUST be looking for trouble. Just because of that.

I was stunned! Reason being, as someone who carries, and I know others who do too, but anyway, it becomes such a habit, like putting on your shoes or your pants. So natural that the person carrying doesn't really think about it that much--if at all. I know they don't. We discussed it.
Just like I don't go around thinking of how my shoes are on my feet ormy pants are covering my behind..... I do not dwell on the fact I have a weapon on me.

Carrying a weapon becomes a part of everyday attire like anything else. Also, I don't even think I have ever left for the day and had any kind of thought like--oh gee I can protect myself today from a badass--- I have NEVER thought that.

It Had not occurred to me this was what people were thinking-- how IF someone is carrying then gee they must be ready or wanting to use it.
That is soooo NOT true.

Prepared perhaps. But never with much of a thought on having to use it.

Because if your packing you better be trained in hand to hand combat too as well as when now to know when your last resort is to actually pull your weapon.
Self Preservation

Elizabethtown, KY

#110128 Jul 13, 2013
Wow ! Just wow!

I prayed they may see the truth that was presented in front of them but was afraid they may not.

I'm sure that was a decision that weighed on them just as it would have had it been guilty. Not an easy job. But a thorough job. Thank you jurors.

Thank you so much for your time jurors!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
This town......please help??? 1 hr Helpme 1
does anyone know anything about goobers towing ... 3 hr grinch 3
michelle lied about racist incident 3 hr lib always lie 1
Above the law 6 hr Kentucky biker 6
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr HistoricallySpeaking 131,885
Anyone "unbundled" by Windstream and Dish? 7 hr JLV123 3
David Mattlock 9 hr Please 1
Keavy Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Keavy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Keavy News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Keavy

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News