'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 244022 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

demonicRats

Bolivar, MO

#93810 Apr 12, 2013
im voting for mitch the only choice kentuckians have, why would i consider a surrendercrap, i work for a living
American Lady

Danville, KY

#93811 Apr 12, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time I debate you, you get SCHOOLED!
Very appropriate, look for a new sock!
Grand SLAM Ari :)
Syl

Ashland, KY

#93812 Apr 12, 2013
HotC_2-point-0 wrote:
<quoted text>
it doesn't affect me, I'm 14, by the time I'm old enough to think about it, it will be history, boy Bush gutted Social Security,
and
I blame it directly on the republicans, Obama hasn't cut Social Security or Medicare, just put out the idea, proving once again, Republicans can't be reasoned with. Actually, I think it's a brilliant strategy.
The whole country sees Obama trying to help and having stones put in his passway at every turn by mindless morons (like Mitch McConnel, for instance)
You were 14, fourteen years ago. You are here 24/7. You are more intelligent, than any 14 year would be. You are no boy. So don't act so dumb. You are here to keep an eye on posters here. I hope ypu are getting paid well.
Repukes

Campbellsville, KY

#93813 Apr 12, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Teaching the dumb ...
How TO:
Listen To INTELLIGENCE!
They don't have a charm school out there that could teach those dumb repukes how to win over women and minorities. Get use to it. Everyday a repuke or teabagger sticks his foot in his mouth and just can't help walking the talk. They let those little racial slurs slip out and vote against womens equal pay right, want to take food out of children's mouths like that idiot repuke from Tennessee. Keep trying. You repukes will never see the light. You are right though...teaching the dumb.

DITCH MITCH
American Lady

Danville, KY

#93814 Apr 12, 2013
Conway told Louisville’s NPR affiliate earlier Thursday that two Progress Kentucky employees bragged to him about recording the meeting through a door in McConnell’s office.

[Jacob]Conway said

Sean Reilly and Curtis Morrison told him they
snuck
into McConnell’s freshly-opened campaign office
and recorded it.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/mitch-m...
Repukes

Campbellsville, KY

#93815 Apr 12, 2013
After 8-year-old girl protests, Tennessee senator drops bill that links welfare to grades

A Tennessee state senator dropped an effort to link welfare to the children's grades after an 8-year-old girl confronted him with a petition -- and a choir -- opposing the bill.

Republican state Sen. Stacey Campfield’s proposal, officially called the "Education to End Poverty Act," was nicknamed the "Starve the Children" bill by opponents and was widely criticized in national and local media.

The bill would have reduced temporary assistance to needy families of children who fail a grade, unless they go through a series of corrective actions, including taking a parenting class, meeting with teachers and enrolling a child in summer school or getting them a tutor.

girl, Aamira Fetuga, confronted Campfield in a Legislature hallway before Thursday’s session. She carried a petition with some 2,500 signatures and was accompanied by a choir of some 60 people who sang “Jesus Loves the Little Children,” according to the Tennessean.

Campfield reportedly walked away from the girl and the assembled opponents.

“How are you? Thanks for coming,” Campfield told the girl, the Tennessean reported.“I love it when people use children as props.”

Afterward, on the Senate floor, instead of a vote he moved to have the bill sent to a committee for more study.

For his part, Campfield didn’t admit the girl’s lobbying had anything to do with the delay of the bill.

“I got a lot of good feedback from people,” he said, saying some senators were close to supporting the measure but wanted more information.

Supporters of the measure say the purpose was to spur parents to get involved in their children’s education. Opponents charged it is burden on already-struggling families.

Campfield made headlines earlier this year when he was lampooned by comedian Stephen Colbert for spearheading legislation dubbed "Don't Say Gay."

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/12/17...

Love teaching children early how to fight back. Yep, repukes would take food out of a kid's mouth over his grades at school. Their mentality. Sure the state would collect all the fees to get back in the system. Great teachings. WWJD

DITCH MITCH and the teabagging repukes
American Lady

Danville, KY

#93816 Apr 12, 2013
Conway told Louisville’s NPR affiliate earlier Thursday that two Progress Kentucky employees bragged to him about recording the meeting through a door in McConnell’s office.

American Lady

Danville, KY

#93817 Apr 12, 2013
McConnell campaign manager Jesse Benton told the radio station the door in question has a large gap at the bottom and a vent the duo could’ve recorded the meeting through.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#93818 Apr 12, 2013
Conway told Fox News he came forward to clear the names of the state and national Democratic parties.

“As a party official, I thought it would — You know, the McConnell campaign is going to try to tie the Democratic Party here, locally, and on the state level and nationally, and they already have, to Progress Kentucky,” he said.“The only reason I came forward with what I knew was to protect the Democratic party.”

Conway said the FBI had not spoken to him.

Justice Dale

United States

#93819 Apr 12, 2013
Repukes wrote:
Boehner Warned Not to Break ‘Hastert Rule’ on New Gun Measures
Although the Senate just jumped a procedural hurdle, clearing the way for a fresh debate on gun control, two hard-right conservatives in the House of Representatives have worked in the past week to collect signatures on a letter to House Speaker John Boehner discouraging him from bringing any new gun measures to the floor without support from a majority of the House Republican Conference.
The effort is being led by Reps. Paul Broun, a Senate hopeful gunning for Georgia’s open seat, and Steve Stockman, a Texas Republican who gained notoriety earlier this year for inviting rocker/2nd Amendment-defender Ted Nugent to the State of the Union.
“We are writing to express our strong opposition to legislation requiring private sale background checks for firearms purchases,” the letter reads.“Under the precedents and traditions of the House, we would ask that no gun legislation be brought to the floor of the House unless it has the support of a majority of our caucus.”
That majority within the majority is also known around the Capitol as the Hastert Rule, after former GOP Speaker Dennis Hastert of Illinois.
Boehner has broken it on key votes this year, testing his speakership, such as votes on the Fiscal Cliff agreement, Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act, and emergency relief for victims of Superstorm Sandy.
Boehner has long-maintained that he aspires to be the Speaker of the Whole House of Representatives, not just House Republicans, although it’s a tricky high-wire act to execute and one more slip could cost Boehner his perch atop the party.
The speaker today emphasized that he does not feel beholden to the informal rule.
“It was never a rule to begin with,” he said.“Certainly my prerogative or my intention is to always pass bills with strong Republican support.”
Although Boehner has recently come under fire for violating the unspoken rule five times over the past three years, Nancy Pelosi broke it on seven pieces of legislation during her tenure as speaker, while Hastert did so 12 times and Newt Gingrich needed minority majorities on six measures.
Boehner reiterated Wednesday that he will wait for the Senate to pass a gun measure before the House reviews it or potentially acts on it. In the meantime, he says, House committees will continue reviewing the issue as well.
A spokesman for Rep. Stockman says more than 45 Republicans have signed the letter, although it’s doubtful a “Hastert majority” of the House GOP will endorse it.
“The so-called ‘universal background check’ would be a violation of a constitutionally-guaranteed right on an unprecedented scale,” Broun and Stockman write in a letter seeking signatures.“The [National Rifle Association],[Gun Owners of America] and other gun groups have made available a substantial amount of research on the dangers of universal background checks, which we would be happy to pass along.”
A full copy of the letter is posted here.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/04/...
Repukes and teabaggers eating their own: Priceless
Ditch Mitch, Party of No and the teabaggers
Hey, ever hear of noncompliance?
I have warned people about getting their name enshrined on the Concealed Carry, NRA list and buying from legal dealers, republicans are just as hardheaded as liberals!
Yesterday, Missouri sent the names of 140,000+ persons that had CCP to DC, this was under the guise of medicare, just to check if anyone had mental problems. You and I both know what this was for, don't we.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#93820 Apr 12, 2013
IF
Guns are "outlawed"
ONLY outlaws
will HAVE guns!

HOW COME you dwIdioTic moronic libTARDS
can NOT
Understand THAT ...???

Criminals ...

Capiche!?!
Anonymous

Elizabethtown, KY

#93821 Apr 12, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time I debate you, you get SCHOOLED!
Very appropriate, look for a new sock!
You school me like Romney wins Ohio and Florida
Dream On, Dream On, Dream until your Dreams Come True
Justice Dale

United States

#93822 Apr 12, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Conway told Fox News he came forward to clear the names of the state and national Democratic parties.
“As a party official, I thought it would — You know, the McConnell campaign is going to try to tie the Democratic Party here, locally, and on the state level and nationally, and they already have, to Progress Kentucky,” he said.“The only reason I came forward with what I knew was to protect the Democratic party.”
Conway said the FBI had not spoken to him.
Hell, they got caught and they are trying to contain, this crap can go up to the WH, we know who the head gangster is. It is better to fall on your sword than bring the party down. Just a bunch of BS.
Repukes

Campbellsville, KY

#93823 Apr 12, 2013
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, ever hear of noncompliance?
I have warned people about getting their name enshrined on the Concealed Carry, NRA list and buying from legal dealers, republicans are just as hardheaded as liberals!
Yesterday, Missouri sent the names of 140,000+ persons that had CCP to DC, this was under the guise of medicare, just to check if anyone had mental problems. You and I both know what this was for, don't we.
Weeding out the crazy repukes and convicted felons? Oh no, it is a trick to come and get your guns. You need to go brew you some tea and take your meds. No one is coming to take your guns unless you are on a watch list, crazy, or making threats, breaking the law, you get the idea don't you? It's fine by me, I don't have a record, my guns are registered, I don't break the law, surf websites you know they watch, make threatening comments on the web, or threaten a PRESIDENT. Let them do all the states. It doesn't violate my rights as a law abiding citizen. You people are wacko.

DITCH MITCH and the party of no/teabaggers!!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#93824 Apr 12, 2013
The 5 Worst/Recent Mass Murders in the USA (with a Firearm) Came from Democrats

Check it out …

Ft Hood: Registered Democrat/Muslim.
Columbine: Too young to vote; both families were registered Democrats and progressive liberals.
Virginia Tech: Wrote hate mail to President Bush and to his staff.
Colorado Theater: Registered Democrat; staff worker on the Obama campaign; Occupy Wall Street participant; progressive liberal.
Connecticut School Shooter: Registered Democrat; hated Christians.

Common thread is that all of these shooters were progressive liberal Democrats.

Also, of the worst killings in the last several decades, only one was a female, all the rest were boys, barely men. Their role models were rappers, action movies, comics and violent video games.

Our problem isn’t weapons, it’s boys without boundaries. Who live in ‘progressive’ households.

Read more: http://clashdaily.com/2013/01/the-5-worst-mas...

Timothy McVeigh was a Republican ...
Eric Holder aided and abetted him!
Anonymous

Elizabethtown, KY

#93825 Apr 12, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Grand SLAM Ari :)
yea, big ups to Ari, huh, sweet little 16%, you're as deluded as he is. or it
Anonymous

Elizabethtown, KY

#93826 Apr 12, 2013
Syl wrote:
<quoted text>
You were 14, fourteen years ago. You are here 24/7. You are more intelligent, than any 14 year would be. You are no boy. So don't act so dumb. You are here to keep an eye on posters here. I hope ypu are getting paid well.
I love you
American Lady

Danville, KY

#93827 Apr 12, 2013
FREE 9-11 FORBIDDEN LIBRARY 7 - WTC bombing 1993 - Prelude to 9-11

21 - Barack Obama and the 9-11 Attacks

http://archive.org/details/Free9-11ForbiddenL...

Lecture Series #4 - Fascism, Gun Control and the Intelligence Community (1996)

http://archive.org/details/Lecture_Series_4_F...
Anonymous

Elizabethtown, KY

#93828 Apr 12, 2013
Repukes wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't have a charm school out there that could teach those dumb repukes how to win over women and minorities. Get use to it. Everyday a repuke or teabagger sticks his foot in his mouth and just can't help walking the talk. They let those little racial slurs slip out and vote against womens equal pay right, want to take food out of children's mouths like that idiot repuke from Tennessee. Keep trying. You repukes will never see the light. You are right though...teaching the dumb.
DITCH MITCH
taking lessons on how to manipulate groups of people, does that sound appealing?
Why don't the just wear a "How to Win Friends and Influence People" sweat shirt, wouldn't be as transparent
Anonymous

Elizabethtown, KY

#93829 Apr 12, 2013
American Lady wrote:
FREE 9-11 FORBIDDEN LIBRARY 7 - WTC bombing 1993 - Prelude to 9-11
21 - Barack Obama and the 9-11 Attacks
http://archive.org/details/Free9-11ForbiddenL...
Lecture Series #4 - Fascism, Gun Control and the Intelligence Community (1996)
http://archive.org/details/Lecture_Series_4_F...
tell us about the flying saucer crash at Roswell, the little gray men, the lizard people....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nikki kreitzer-jones (Aug '09) 57 min Nikki Kreitzer 29
trash at the moose 1 hr Just say no 9
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr umoron 153,778
Dalton Christopher Brewer - Circus came back to... 1 hr Circus 1
Clinton 72%. ----- Trump 28% 4 hr Shannon 1
how much damage did the debate do to trump? 4 hr Shannon 1
Majority of Americans say Clinton won first deb... 4 hr Shannon 1

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keavy Mortgages