Comments
101 - 120 of 125 Comments Last updated Jul 14, 2013
if me

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#203
Jun 10, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

2

if this was my loved one i would have her taken for a autopsy in a different state for a second opinion
I AGREE

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#205
Jun 10, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

I agree completely. I've noticed someone is sure ready with the lightbulbs and nuts for anything that even suggests this shouldn't be just dropped. DON'T GIVE UP!
Justice

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#206
Jun 10, 2013
 

Judged:

7

6

4

The problem lies in the fact that the investigation Is being handled by laurel county Sherriffs office,who doesn't think it's even necessary to look at the pictures,demand the video,or question people who were incarcerated at that time.
NewsRelease

Heidrick, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#208
Jun 25, 2013
 
Infection caused by superbug killed Laurel County inmate, officials say
An untreated infection caused by a superbug killed a 28-year-old Eastern Kentucky University graduate held at the Laurel County Detention Center, according to the woman's death certificate.

Cortney Beldon Hensley had pneumonia caused by an uncommon and virulent strain of Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, called MRSA 300, when she died in March.

The strain can be resistant to antibiotics. It releases toxins, causing necrotizing pneumonia and sepsis, a blood infection, said Mark Hensley, director of the Laurel County Health Department. Cortney Hensley was not related to Mark Hensley.

Her death prompted an internal investigation at the jail, where Hensley's condition went undetected, that led to changes in monitoring inmates' medical conditions.

Rest of story at link
http://www.kentucky.com/2013/06/24/2691090/in...
FYI

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#210
Jun 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

How come she was in jail to start with ?
From the story link

Nancy, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#211
Jun 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

FYI wrote:
How come she was in jail to start with ?
Hensley had been in jail for six days on a charge of obtaining a controlled substance without a doctor's prescription when a staff member found her nearly unresponsive in her cell at 10 p.m. March 9, said Jailer Jamie Mosley. She was pronounced dead two hours later at St. Joseph London hospital, according to her death certificate, signed May 31.

Sounds like she had a drug problem.But does seem odd that she was held that long since others that have been charged for the same thing were out the next day.Maybe no one paid her bond.If not then that would be why.Wonder why no one loved her enough to bond her out.They seem to be at greatest fault here.
Justice

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#216
Jun 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

From the story link wrote:
<quoted text>
Hensley had been in jail for six days on a charge of obtaining a controlled substance without a doctor's prescription when a staff member found her nearly unresponsive in her cell at 10 p.m. March 9, said Jailer Jamie Mosley. She was pronounced dead two hours later at St. Joseph London hospital, according to her death certificate, signed May 31.
Sounds like she had a drug problem.But does seem odd that she was held that long since others that have been charged for the same thing were out the next day.Maybe no one paid her bond.If not then that would be why.Wonder why no one loved her enough to bond her out.They seem to be at greatest fault here.
Just so u know dimwit,she was very much loved by her family. She was placed under a ridiculous cash bond of ten thousand dollars. Her family didnt even know it for three days. There were many people who would have posted that bond and got her out if she could have called them. Wonder why that is? Please don't post if you don't know what your talking about.
tata toots

Nancy, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#219
Jun 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Just so u know dimwit,she was very much loved by her family. She was placed under a ridiculous cash bond of ten thousand dollars. Her family didnt even know it for three days. There were many people who would have posted that bond and got her out if she could have called them. Wonder why that is? Please don't post if you don't know what your talking about.
Well then its your alls fault for not getting her out after you knew how much it was.If you knew she had been sick for days as you say why didnt you all go up there and get her out and to a doctor.Bondsman and she could have been out for $1000 so dont blame anyone but her for getting there by drugging and her family for not getting her out IF they were so concerned.The jail isnt a baby sitter but sounds like someone is wanting to sue for some money.so now they all care so much for her...sound about right?
amazed

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#220
Jun 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

the family that couldn't bond her out will now file a lawsuit to get $ for their loss
same

Nancy, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#221
Jun 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

amazed wrote:
the family that couldn't bond her out will now file a lawsuit to get $ for their loss
Sure they will.They didnt care enough to get her out but they will all of a sudden become so caring for her that they need money to get over it.Can't stand people like that and its so damn obvious when people do it.
Justice

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#222
Jun 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

same wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure they will.They didnt care enough to get her out but they will all of a sudden become so caring for her that they need money to get over it.Can't stand people like that and its so damn obvious when people do it.
Shows how much you know. She was married. Family didnt know she was sick until she died. Didnt even know she was in there for three days. You need to understand that once you are married your spouse is your next of kin. Her family wants nothing but answers and are left with nothing but but heartache, so your theories are bull!
Justice

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#223
Jun 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

tata toots wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then its your alls fault for not getting her out after you knew how much it was.If you knew she had been sick for days as you say why didnt you all go up there and get her out and to a doctor.Bondsman and she could have been out for $1000 so dont blame anyone but her for getting there by drugging and her family for not getting her out IF they were so concerned.The jail isnt a baby sitter but sounds like someone is wanting to sue for some money.so now they all care so much for her...sound about right?
We don't know anything about bondsmen as none of us have ever been to jail. Didnt know she was sick till she died,found all that out later. I pray for justice, peace and your corrupt system!.
so sad

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#224
Jun 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't know anything about bondsmen as none of us have ever been to jail. Didnt know she was sick till she died,found all that out later. I pray for justice, peace and your corrupt system!.
I pray everyday for justice for Cortney and i never even knew her but it was the saddest thing ever .
Disease of Addiction

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#225
Jun 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

I truly believe people charged with possession of drugs should not be put in jail but placed into treatment facilities. Most addicts want nothing more than to get away from their life of imprisonment to this disease. I know this first hand. Clean and sober now 3 years.
where

Nancy, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#226
Jun 25, 2013
 
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Shows how much you know. She was married. Family didnt know she was sick until she died. Didnt even know she was in there for three days. You need to understand that once you are married your spouse is your next of kin. Her family wants nothing but answers and are left with nothing but but heartache, so your theories are bull!
so where was hubby during all this ordeal was happening?
Motherof5

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#227
Jun 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Negligent homicide is a criminal charge brought against people who, through criminal negligence, allow others to die.

Negligent homicide is a lesser included offense to first and second degree murder, in the sense that someone guilty of this offense can expect a more lenient sentence, often with imprisonment time comparable to manslaughter. U.S. states all define negligent homicide by statute.
Wow

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#228
Jun 25, 2013
 
How did they not know she was in there for 3 days.
Sorry

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#230
Jun 26, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

I don't blame you for being disgusted by the negative comments and judge it icons that have been put on here. However I believe all the people doing this are really just a few that have a "personal interest" in the matter, and most of the people in Laurel County believe she was neglected and abused! So sorry!
just me

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#231
Jun 26, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

I didn't know her but saw her pictures on Facebook she was beautiful. I certainly hope her family gets justice for her as a healthcare provider I know the jail staff should have gotten her medical attention. And as for the comment someone said that she was just in withdrawal, that too requires medical attention, a person can actually have seizures and die. Shame on the Laurel Co. Jail.
mola

Monticello, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#237
Jun 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

yep yep yep lawsuit on the way..read about it any day now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Jay 149,809
You mad, teetotaler? 13 min phil nickson 7
Beagle pups for sale 20 min Beagles 2
dollar genral does not prosecute shoplifters an... (Jul '12) 21 min hello 47
Obama’s one achievement — outgolfing Tiger Woods 23 min truth 14
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 25 min stuck in a lodi 130,222
Roundabout 52 min Excited 14

Search the Keavy Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Keavy Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Keavy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Keavy News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Keavy
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••