Seeking Genuine Answers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2011

I just don't get it. Maybe some folks on here have ideas on why women, even very beautiful woman, will pass up on successful, educated, decent and honest men for uneducated, unsuccessful, emotionally and physically abusive players.

I believe the answer lies in low self esteem. Many woman simply don't feel like they deserve better. Hence, they settle for less than what they should.

I have seen it from personal experience and also in the lives of friends and family.

Why do so many women on this area pass on the successful, decent men for low-life players???

Serious replies only. Let's make this topic a learning exercise.
possibly

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2011

They feel they are not educated & can't compare to the man's success. Maybe a man could have made one feel he'd be the one having to settle. Sure a woman may dream of how good & lovong she'd be to one. Then realizes all she has to offer is her heart. So back in the hole she goes. Plus a low life could have mede her feel unworthy of just about anything she feels she deserves or wants. Self worth kinda sinks along with hopes & dreams when a woman's programed to feel beneath a man. So some isolate themselves from the rest of the world. Feeling their man is the only one in the world that would have them!!!!!!!!!! Until someone shows her any different.
Also

Middlesboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2011

Women are born with that "Mother Instinct" and always want to be needed. We feel that a man who is educated, successful, and lovely to look at are reserved for women of the same type, like Barbie and Ken, and wouldn't need a women who could only offer companionship and faithfullness. Not many women feel like they are perfect. So, we cling to a low life, who may or may not have a decent job. One who may have abused before, but surely wouldn't again, if we only love them so much. The low lifes 'need' us. If only we could change this thinking, we could be so much happier.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2011

I've seen very bright, intellegent woman go for low life men and I think it makes them fill like they are in control of something or that they have very low self esteem! I have a friend right now who is with a low life and it baffles my mind daily. She went from a wonderful husband to a low life, no working dirt bag.
woman who knows

France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2011

Judged:

i work with a woman who is a christian. she feels like she should stay true to her vows. only it goes further.
her husband is impotent and has been in the nut house 2 or 3 times.
she said the bible says except for the cause of fornication a woman should not divorce her husband.
and since her husband is not capable of fornicating, she feels she should remain abstinent, and refrain from sex.

“Fighting Cancer”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2011

Seeking Genuine Answers wrote:
I just don't get it. Maybe some folks on here have ideas on why women, even very beautiful woman, will pass up on successful, educated, decent and honest men for uneducated, unsuccessful, emotionally and physically abusive players.
I believe the answer lies in low self esteem. Many woman simply don't feel like they deserve better. Hence, they settle for less than what they should.
I have seen it from personal experience and also in the lives of friends and family.
Why do so many women on this area pass on the successful, decent men for low-life players???
Serious replies only. Let's make this topic a learning exercise.
Probably because the decent guys want to play the field, or none are interested in a long term thing.
happliy ever after

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2011

Also wrote:
Women are born with that "Mother Instinct" and always want to be needed. We feel that a man who is educated, successful, and lovely to look at are reserved for women of the same type, like Barbie and Ken, and wouldn't need a women who could only offer companionship and faithfullness. Not many women feel like they are perfect. So, we cling to a low life, who may or may not have a decent job. One who may have abused before, but surely wouldn't again, if we only love them so much. The low lifes 'need' us. If only we could change this thinking, we could be so much happier.
U said it right there... HAPPIER. We just want to better ourselves & recieve in reurn what we give. Happiness isn't hard to obtain when 2 are working together in my opinion. It's not a physical attraction that keeps a couple together happily. Yes it makes it strong but it's the connection between 2 people that makes or breaks it. Without that connection you're just sharing children & chores. TRUST is a main factor too. Without it you live in fear & fear controls you. So until there's an opportunity with security to get a chance to change, women stay in fear.
hmmm

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2011

Judged:

woman who knows wrote:
i work with a woman who is a christian. she feels like she should stay true to her vows. only it goes further.
her husband is impotent and has been in the nut house 2 or 3 times.
she said the bible says except for the cause of fornication a woman should not divorce her husband.
and since her husband is not capable of fornicating, she feels she should remain abstinent, and refrain from sex.
i guess they have the right to do what they feel is best.
hmmm

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2011

Opiate Dreams wrote:
I've seen very bright, intellegent woman go for low life men and I think it makes them fill like they are in control of something or that they have very low self esteem! I have a friend right now who is with a low life and it baffles my mind daily. She went from a wonderful husband to a low life, no working dirt bag.
how can you give good advice? you cant even pass the spelling test.
gosh

Middlesboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2011

Judged:

Have you ever heard the term,'anal retentive'?
hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>how can you give good advice? you cant even pass the spelling test.
Seeking Genuine Answers

Blackwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2011

Judged:

Thanks for all the good thoughts and for keeping this, for the most part, a serious discussion. Very good discussion thus far.

It truly makes me sad to this this scenario repeated so often. So many women deserve better than what they have settled for. I agree with much of what has been said. I am a single man who has always prided myself on being an honest and trustworthy companion, worked hard to achieve a high level of success, and always lived by the golden rule. I stay in great shape physically and I have always freely given of myself emotionally. I am successful by most anyone's standards, generous, kind-hearted, compassionate and a wonderful listener. Yet, I see time and time again beautiful deserving women entangled with guys who just abuse them and play them. If a sweet , lovely woman is single , then often she will close herself off and won't allow a decent man an opportunity to show
her how to truly be loved and respected and cherished. It's very sad, extremely frustrating, and often hard to understand. I pray that more women learn to love and appreciate just what a special gift they are to themselves and to the world.
no expert

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2011

and I could be wrong. But I think that there is a difference between what a women knows that she should like and what she is attracted to. Women know they should like guys who are humble and romantic natured but they are usually not attracted to those types so they don't go for them.
Maybe it's an evolution thing that goes back to caveman times or something. But perhaps they go for cocky, assholish type guys because subconsicously they associate agressive behavior in a male as a sign that they are more virile.
Once again, I will stress that I could possibly be wrong. Hell, Freud couldn't figure out women so there is no good reason to assume that I could.
JDH

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Usually one of two possibilities. Either they are trash or they have very low self esteme.
playa

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

JDH wrote:
Usually one of two possibilities. Either they are trash or they have very low self esteme.
this statement here is a fact! all the females today are trash that's why they want trash. just like the ole saying,,, you run with your own kind,,, nuff said
Visitor

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

This type of thing actually drives me insane! I am well-educated, earn a six figure salary, and am as genuine as possible; yet, many of the women I am attracted to end up dating (or marrying) men who have zero motivation. They don't seek employment, they don't seek education or any other way to benefit themselves, and they choose to live off the system.

I know that I am certainly not an Adonis when it comes to the looks department, but nor am I disgusting in any way.

It's crazy! Maybe the "bad-boy" stigma is more powerful than the "successful" stigma.
old whitley

Jenkins, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

im old and the love thing is over for me..but women who are strong,wealthy,intellegent and can stand alone..usually feel sorry for loosers and trash and try tohelp them..it is wasted effort but they try anyway that's why people are baffeled..they keep trying to change them and no one can change anyone the person must change themselves if they even want to..
most go right back to loosers...the best thing is take good care of you and if you find a person that works like you that is one to share a life with
local

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

I'm still waiting on a successful man... It seems to me the other way around... Decent guys are attracted to women on welfare with 3 kids!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Keavy Discussions

Search the Keavy Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Legal Advice 7 min Jane 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 18 min Nutz 146,012
Radio Stations 22 min Whitechocolate 5
Look for a Place to Rent 41 min Renters 3
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 51 min i be dat nikka 81,555
Bojangles (Jan '14) 53 min berea 23
who does emergency lights in london 56 min firepole 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Keavy Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000