Crossfit gym in Corbin
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DHM

Winchester, KY

#21 Nov 27, 2013
Crossfit should not compete with BFF, it is a different mentality. Community based with good instruction in every class and accountability of the members. While I am sure it will take some reeducation about the benefits of the exercise programs it is completely a Holistic approach along with some fun things to do together.
nah

Corbin, KY

#22 Nov 27, 2013
DHM wrote:
Crossfit should not compete with BFF, it is a different mentality. Community based with good instruction in every class and accountability of the members. While I am sure it will take some reeducation about the benefits of the exercise programs it is completely a Holistic approach along with some fun things to do together.
Theres no way it wont be competing with bff. Theres not just a bunch of cross fitters sitting around waiting on a gym to open. Theres not enough of a demographic in this small area to carry 2 competing gyms. Anybody who does cross fit already goes to bff. From what Ive seen there aren't many that are even big into cross fit. You're setting yourself up for a failed venture.
Observer

Corbin, KY

#23 Dec 2, 2013
I do crossfit in another state and it's expensive anywhere you go. If you're overhead is cheap and you get the right people In there who can afford it, it don't require 500 people to be profitable. Owners at my gym said they need about 50 members to break even and this is in a city where rent isn't cheap. While two in such a small area is gonna be tough, drawing from surrounding cities as well will help. Crossfit is the future of fitness. Globo gyms are going out of style and are really ineffective unless you're a trainer or body builder. They're no beneficial to the average person. More people waste money on other methods to be skinny than the cost of a crossfit membership. They'll be ok
no way

Corbin, KY

#24 Dec 2, 2013
Observer wrote:
I do crossfit in another state and it's expensive anywhere you go. If you're overhead is cheap and you get the right people In there who can afford it, it don't require 500 people to be profitable. Owners at my gym said they need about 50 members to break even and this is in a city where rent isn't cheap. While two in such a small area is gonna be tough, drawing from surrounding cities as well will help. Crossfit is the future of fitness. Globo gyms are going out of style and are really ineffective unless you're a trainer or body builder. They're no beneficial to the average person. More people waste money on other methods to be skinny than the cost of a crossfit membership. They'll be ok
The average person doesn't go to any kind of gym, especially here. You're talking about an uneducated, obese, sedentary crowd here. I'm telling you, there is zero demographic in this small little hole in the wall town. The demo here jumps from high school kids to 30 somethings with kids. There is no young, single demographic here, which are the moneymakers for gyms. I seriously doubt a new gym, crossfit or otherwise, could get even 50 members unless they can steal them from BFF.
Observer

Corbin, KY

#25 Dec 2, 2013
Aren't there two private college within a 20 mile radius of Corbin that fits that demographic you're referring to? Haha
Coach

Dayton, OH

#28 Dec 3, 2013
well wrote:
Crossfit is a waste of time. I can go jog and do some pushups couple days a week and look better than most the guys devoting all that time and energy to that garbage.
Unbeknownst to you, pushups alone have very limited value in strengthening.
whatever

Louisville, KY

#30 Dec 4, 2013
burt n ernie wrote:
<quoted text>
You've obviously never been in this area.. 90% of the inbred idiots here think crossfit is some kind of car..
If you are so unhappy and think badly of the area and people why don't you leave? Apparently, you fit right in with the "inbred idiots" as you put it. I am sure with your crappy attitude you would not be missed at all. PLEASE do us all a favor and relocate and take your negative comments with you. You don't have to be rude to everyone who comments on this post just because you are a BFF supporter. Try being a little more kind, you might like it.
GEORGE

United States

#33 Dec 6, 2013
burt n ernie wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you just made a lot of assumptions from what I said now didn't you? First, I never said anything about being unhappy, I'm happy as hell. I'm not a negative person at all but I do live in reality, maybe you don't. Have you ever been to walmart here? Or, for that matter, any public place? Yes, the majority of people here are backwoods, uneducated hicks. Also, when did I say anything about being a BFF supporter? How do you even make that assumption by me implying that people around here are dumb? Maybe you are the one that fits in with the ignorant hicks.. Try making less assumptions and you wont look like such an ass.
I'm not trying to condem or take sides,I don't have a dog in the fight, BUT..... this area is a small, low income area. However, there are a lot of well educated, well traveled good people here. Maybe try to find the good in our town and not focus on the bad. Help the illiterate instead of making fun. Encourage the "lazy" to attend either BFF or a new CrossFit gym instead of saying we don't need another facility. Maybe treat others as we like to be treated. I tell my kids we never know what someone is living with that makes them behave the way they do.
whatever

Louisville, KY

#34 Dec 6, 2013
burt n ernie wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you just made a lot of assumptions from what I said now didn't you? First, I never said anything about being unhappy, I'm happy as hell. I'm not a negative person at all but I do live in reality, maybe you don't. Have you ever been to walmart here? Or, for that matter, any public place? Yes, the majority of people here are backwoods, uneducated hicks. Also, when did I say anything about being a BFF supporter? How do you even make that assumption by me implying that people around here are dumb? Maybe you are the one that fits in with the ignorant hicks.. Try making less assumptions and you wont look like such an ass.
I didn't make any assumptions. All of you posts have been negative and rude. All you have said is how no other gym can compete with BFF. If you are not a BFF supporter then why the negative remarks? Also, the majority of people here are NOT hicks! If you think we are then why are you here? Why be a glass half empty person? The reason I say you are unhappy is because people who continually put down others is an attempt at making oneself look better. Hence, your comments throughout the thread.
Dawg

Middlesboro, KY

#38 Dec 9, 2013
Forget crossfit, get some kettlebells.
whatever

Louisville, KY

#39 Dec 10, 2013
burt n ernie wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw, having common sense and looking at a demographic in a small rural town with not many people who worry about fitness doesn't make me a BFF supporter dipshit. I couldn't give two dumps about BFF.
Your name calling and rudeness makes you look like an inbred idiot too! Just saying.
JWM

Philadelphia, PA

#41 Dec 13, 2013
Observer is a smart cat! There is a CrossFit gym opening up in Corbin Ky December 16th. As observer said CrossFit cannot be compared to BFF, it is a different construct. While I am sure members may choose different paths CrossFit not only revolutionizing fitness and the way it is viewed, having a coach the whole time and support from your group not only makes it easier to get fit but also makes it fun! I'll be at CrossFit Perseus when they open and I'm sure I'll see other people there!
ahh

Louisville, KY

#43 Dec 17, 2013
Anyone interested in seriously getting fit should join cross fit perseus. Stop wasting your time with " personal trainers" and doing pointless body part splits and wasting time walking on a treadmill. Cross fit will get you real results. The guys there are very motivated to teach and train people to reach their goals.
Where

Louisville, KY

#44 Dec 17, 2013
ahh wrote:
Anyone interested in seriously getting fit should join cross fit perseus. Stop wasting your time with " personal trainers" and doing pointless body part splits and wasting time walking on a treadmill. Cross fit will get you real results. The guys there are very motivated to teach and train people to reach their goals.
I haven't heard any advertising about the new gym. Where is it located and what is the cost?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 min The Keeper 141,157
list of places to rent in or around london area. 5 min want to know 2
add a word--drop a word (Apr '10) 11 min want to know 1,138
Looking for The Corbin version of Classic Catwoman 1 hr translation 13
Bristol Palin - knocked up again 1 hr FYI 9
Laurel Cookie factory ever go union 2 hr Diva72 1
con artist alert 2 hr customer 1
More from around the web

Keavy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Keavy Mortgages