Crossfit gym in Corbin

Posted in the Keavy Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Aff

Middlesboro, KY

#1 Mar 18, 2013
Would anyone be interested in a crossfit gym in Corbin?
3-75th reg

Duluth, GA

#2 Mar 19, 2013
Been doing crossfit around 2 yrs. now. It would be awesome if Corbin had a crossfit gym. I would even get my level 1 cert. to help out. Hands down the best all around core strength and conditioning work out
well

Middlesboro, KY

#3 Mar 19, 2013
Crossfit is a waste of time. I can go jog and do some pushups couple days a week and look better than most the guys devoting all that time and energy to that garbage.
3-75th reg

Duluth, GA

#4 Mar 19, 2013
well wrote:
Crossfit is a waste of time. I can go jog and do some pushups couple days a week and look better than most the guys devoting all that time and energy to that garbage.
Really? That's all you can come up with? Original.
well

Middlesboro, KY

#5 Mar 20, 2013
3-75th reg wrote:
<quoted text>Really? That's all you can come up with? Original.
All i can come up with? I don't really understand what you mean by that.. I just stated a simple fact, its very easy to comprehend what i said.
outta shape

Somerset, KY

#6 Mar 20, 2013
I wish there was one around here. Most of them charge much more than what I could see paying though. I think one of the gyms in london has a similar class that meets every day for an hour and has a crossfit-like workout. Wish there was something in Corbin.
hi

Beloit, WI

#7 Mar 20, 2013
What is crossfit? I'd like to see a bootcamp. One that wasn't in a gym setting but outside. Open to the public for a fee.
JWM

Evansville, IN

#8 Nov 6, 2013
There is actually one opening up soon next month keep an eye open for it. Pretty knowledgeable trainers
getting fit in winter

East Bernstadt, KY

#9 Nov 9, 2013
out of bordom sometiness i go to baptist fitness 5 dollars they got a insanity workout up there never did but hey you might love it
JB III

Georgetown, KY

#10 Nov 19, 2013
I heard there's actually two opening up? I've meet both guys planning on own/opening..one guy is a doctor or something in the ER.. He's seen my daughter several times. Evidentially he's into crossfit and running 5Ks. Hes really nice. The other guy, I'm not even going to comment on bc nothing good to say-very Arrogant ex-military! I'm all about ex-vets I served 10 yrs in airforce, but id punch the deuche if I had to listen to him an hr. I'm not in the best shape, but definitely going to join a crossfit gym..my brother has joined In lexington and has had great results..but I'm 48 and have a few pounds to loose..guess be better for me to have a healthcare provider close by anyway just in case I collapse..lol
Cross-fitter

United States

#11 Nov 19, 2013
JB III wrote:
I heard there's actually two opening up? I've meet both guys planning on own/opening..one guy is a doctor or something in the ER.. He's seen my daughter several times. Evidentially he's into crossfit and running 5Ks. Hes really nice. The other guy, I'm not even going to comment on bc nothing good to say-very Arrogant ex-military! I'm all about ex-vets I served 10 yrs in airforce, but id punch the deuche if I had to listen to him an hr. I'm not in the best shape, but definitely going to join a crossfit gym..my brother has joined In lexington. and has had great results..but I'm 48 and have a few pounds to loose..guess be better for me to have a healthcare provider close by anyway just in case I collapse..lol
. DO you know the name or contact info on the doctor? I'm looking for a partner to start a crossfit gym here in Corbin.
Nurse Kattie

Louisville, KY

#12 Nov 20, 2013
I used to worked at BRMC and I don't know of any Dr in E.D that are actually fit or even remotely in shape? However, I think its probably one of the nurse practioners or PA's doing this. IF its the Dyer guy-sign me up NOW!! He's GORGEOUS, I'd pay money just to see him sweat. Does anyone know if hes single.
Joann

Louisville, KY

#13 Nov 21, 2013
I am interested in a new gym. I need to get in shape, but I hate the thoughts of BFF! That place is a meat market and I don't like going there. If you are not already in shape people stare at you like you are beneath them. I would love a place that will help you and teach you how to get healthier and enjoy working out.

Please post again when you know the opening date and more information about the new gyms.
youre joking

Corbin, KY

#14 Nov 21, 2013
Joann wrote:
I am interested in a new gym. I need to get in shape, but I hate the thoughts of BFF! That place is a meat market and I don't like going there. If you are not already in shape people stare at you like you are beneath them. I would love a place that will help you and teach you how to get healthier and enjoy working out.

Please post again when you know the opening date and more information about the new gyms.
Then go to curves or something. Cant stand you whiny ass people. If you feel bad about being fat then do something about it and stop trying to project your own poor self-esteem on other people that take care of their bodies.
Joann

Louisville, KY

#15 Nov 22, 2013
youre joking wrote:
<quoted text>
Then go to curves or something. Cant stand you whiny ass people. If you feel bad about being fat then do something about it and stop trying to project your own poor self-esteem on other people that take care of their bodies.
I didn't say anything about being fat. I am not fat, but I am not muscular like I would like to be. I feel sorry for you! You have such a poor self esteem that you have to put others down to make yourself feel better. You probably suffer from little mans syndrome. I would rather be fat as to have an attitude like you. You are a poor excuse for a human.
JWM

Evansville, IN

#16 Nov 22, 2013
lol I know both the people opening also, the one with the military vets are very experienced and two different personality types, if your goal is to go in join a great community and push yourself that would be a perfect place to start. Because there are two opening up you can try both out and choose but experience is there
JWM

Evansville, IN

#17 Nov 22, 2013
I would not take a negative image on either i Know one is waiting on Affiliate and opening pretty soon off of exit 25, great area with alot of potential, if you are into health and wellness and want to push yourself check it out when doors open
youre joking

Corbin, KY

#18 Nov 22, 2013
Joann wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say anything about being fat. I am not fat, but I am not muscular like I would like to be. I feel sorry for you! You have such a poor self esteem that you have to put others down to make yourself feel better. You probably suffer from little mans syndrome. I would rather be fat as to have an attitude like you. You are a poor excuse for a human.
Oh, I have the self esteem problem but you're the one that wont go to a gym because you think everybody is "looking at you" in some way. Guess what, nobody give a shit about you or cares to look at you. I go and do my workout and don't worry about what everyone else is doing. Maybe keep your big ass nose in your own business and you wont feel so stupid at the gym. And no, my self esteem is too high if anything, I just get tired of you whiny ass people making excuses and running off at the mouth about gyms being meat markets because you're jealous that you're not the one getting hit on. Grow up.
Two

Ashland, KY

#19 Nov 24, 2013
Two cross fit gyms in corbin?? Plus BFF. Corbin isn't big enough to support all of them. It will be hard to make 2 work, no way 3.
yep

Corbin, KY

#20 Nov 25, 2013
Two wrote:
Two cross fit gyms in corbin?? Plus BFF. Corbin isn't big enough to support all of them. It will be hard to make 2 work, no way 3.
Very true. I doubt even one more gym could afford to stay open in such a lazy, obese area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hottest guy at ABC Automotive (Oct '09) 30 min hiphop 63
Fond Memories 44 min I Still Remember 1
Amy Liebler 1 hr Wow 11
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Georgia 148,117
college threatens woman who don't want to pee w... 3 hr thomas 31
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 3 hr Walk with God 1,189
state dept email shows clinton lied about benghazi 4 hr thomas 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keavy Mortgages