Jackson Energy
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
overfifty

Mount Vernon, KY

#21 Jun 11, 2013
Check it out. Jackson Energy BUYS their power from Kentucky Utilities--this is why you pay more per kilowatt hour. The quoted price pre kilowatt hour stated above is incorrect. Do your own checking. Jackson Energy is twice as high as KU. And the lady with $188 energy bill--you may have a smaller home than someone else and less people living in it. You can't compare your bill like that. Duh...
same here

Manchester, KY

#23 Jun 11, 2013
From KU to Jackson wrote:
KU used to be hands down cheaper than Jackson, but I just moved back to London and went from using KU to Jackson and to tell you the truth I haven't noticed a difference. My bill has actually been cheaper but I credit that up to my new home being better insulated. Unfortunately I guess the local electric companies are now equal when it comes draining our bank accounts.
Same thing happened with me.The mobile home I was living in wasnt energy efficient apparently even thought it was suppose to be.My electric bill was quiet high on KU.I was very worried when I moved to a home on Jackson energy but so far my bill has been cheaper simply because my home is more energy efficient and I use less kws. If I were using the same kws that I was using at the previous place on KU it would probably be a huge bill but I am averaging $50 to $100 less per month with a better insulated home.
They are a bit higher but we can save a lot by making our home energy efficient and not wasting power.
And

Fulton, KY

#24 Jun 12, 2013
The bills never go down even if the weather is warm. It's a rip off
Bills run the same if its 20 degrees or 60.
Hmmm

Melvin, KY

#25 Jun 12, 2013
And wrote:
The bills never go down even if the weather is warm. It's a rip off
Bills run the same if its 20 degrees or 60.
Not true. They do go down when there is a change from winter to spring and summer to fall.
duh

Mount Vernon, KY

#27 Jun 12, 2013
And wrote:
The bills never go down even if the weather is warm. It's a rip off
Bills run the same if its 20 degrees or 60.
Probably not if you run the heat set on 80 in the winter when its 25 outside and the AC set to 70 when its 95 degrees outside.
If you work the system to death then the bill is going to soar.Check the meter to see the amount you are using daily.A degree or two can have a huge impact of how much you use.
well

Sheridan, AR

#28 Jun 12, 2013
whooo wrote:
who is the best looking single guy that works there?
who is he?
Donkeykong

Manchester, KY

#29 Jun 16, 2013
overfifty wrote:
Check it out. Jackson Energy BUYS their power from Kentucky Utilities--this is why you pay more per kilowatt hour. The quoted price pre kilowatt hour stated above is incorrect. Do your own checking. Jackson Energy is twice as high as KU. And the lady with $188 energy bill--you may have a smaller home than someone else and less people living in it. You can't compare your bill like that. Duh...
Where do you get your info dufus .... They buy their electric from east ky power, not ku .... East Ky makes the electric and resells it to places like Jackson, south ky, Cumberland valley recc, I'm on jackson and my bills are not bad at all, never have been, I live in a 2400 sq ft brick home, very energy efficient. Summer, bills run $130-150 ..... Winter $250-300 I've been on ku, they are cheaper, but heaven forbid you ever have an outage. They take forever to fix the problem ... I give jackson guys credit, they are right there and the juice back on in no time.
True

Melvin, KY

#30 Jun 17, 2013
Donkeykong wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you get your info dufus .... They buy their electric from east ky power, not ku .... East Ky makes the electric and resells it to places like Jackson, south ky, Cumberland valley recc, I'm on jackson and my bills are not bad at all, never have been, I live in a 2400 sq ft brick home, very energy efficient. Summer, bills run $130-150 ..... Winter $250-300 I've been on ku, they are cheaper, but heaven forbid you ever have an outage. They take forever to fix the problem ... I give jackson guys credit, they are right there and the juice back on in no time.
My bill was 58.00 last month. I make thermostat adjustments when I leave for work, at night, and do laundry only a couple of times a wk. A person can save if you really try. I have had high bills but it is when I am careless. I decided I would rather spend money on other things.
rate increas next year

London, KY

#31 Aug 2, 2013
Energy rates may increase
Jackson Energy customers could see higher electric bills

LAUREL COUNTY, Ky.— If money is tight, prepare to squeeze your pockets a bit tighter — a local utility company has requested a rate increase that will cost consumers a bit more next year.

The rate increase request was filed before the Kentucky Public Service commission by Jackson Energy, which serves the majority of electricity and also supplies propane to county residents. If approved, the rate increase would go into effect around March 2014.

Rest of story at link
http://www.sentinel-echo.com/local/x166487534...
rate increas next year

London, KY

#32 Aug 2, 2013
True wrote:
<quoted text>
My bill was 58.00 last month. I make thermostat adjustments when I leave for work, at night, and do laundry only a couple of times a wk. A person can save if you really try. I have had high bills but it is when I am careless. I decided I would rather spend money on other things.
I dont think it does much good to save.If you cut back you pay less then they raise rates to cover expenses it seems.So we end up paying just as much for less usage.
Sandy

Mount Sterling, KY

#33 Aug 17, 2013
For the millioneth time: JACKSON ENERGY DOES NOT BUY ITS POWER FROM KU. They buy it from East KY Power in Winchester, KY. This whole forum is full of misinformation and opinion stated as fact.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
People saying they have a Indian Grandma (May '13) 1 hr Teresa Fields 205
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Revisedcode 153,697
Vanessa Garland aka "Vanessa Chanell" 1 hr LCHS 2008 1
Tim Hampton (Feb '16) 2 hr Weallknow 43
Ricky and Ashley 3 hr Ashley 2
Water company done you wrong? 3 hr Jack 3
2016 Presidential Debate, Trump vs Clinton 4 hr mother of two 2

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keavy Mortgages