SpeakUp

Harwood Heights, IL

#41 Feb 16, 2013
Corbin wrote:
Corbin collected nearly $80,000 in December from its taxes on alcohol sales. Its getting a Marshalls department store and today, it was announced Keenland plan to build a horse tract near Corbin. Give Corbin 3 years and you will see how much London lost.
Surely you don't think London's getting........paid off or something to keep everything out? Ah, these morons think everything's to THEIR benefit. What pure idiots!

Here's the deal. If individuals can line their pockets, why on earth would they want to share it with the entire city, then not be able to raise taxes when they claim they need to?

This totally cracks me up. These morons fall for it, thus....why they do it I guess.
ha ha ha

Atlanta, GA

#42 Feb 16, 2013
Corbin wrote:
<quoted text>
The proposed race track would be in Knox and Whitley counties. Not in Laurel county.Marshalls is coming because of traffic and location. Obviously alcohol is drawing a lot of traffic to Corbin. Its just the beginning of Corbin's rise and London's decline.
About 3-4 years ago when the dem Gov got elected and had plan for gaming at race track lexington people got options on land to build it off the parkway.So i would say this land is still available.(since nothing been built on it) The state even build a exit to nowhere .(it still there it about 2 miles from 290) It was in the local paper. They even had plan to have music event when the horse were not running.I suggest you re read the article It interview the owner of a 100 area (where a truck stop was)at exix 29.Why do libtard alway leave info out that don't agree with.
Old London

London, KY

#43 Feb 16, 2013
Now that rveryone realizes how much money a city can collect and spend from alcohol sales, London will be WET in three years or so. The local powers that be won't loose that cash cow again. But Corbin and Somerset will get a lot of growth before it happens. I think we should have package stores and ban the bars we now have in London.
i remember

London, KY

#44 Feb 16, 2013
I remember the horse race track that planned to open in London. It had to be some big dem behind it because the dem gov came up with money out of his ky personal road fund to get the exit done in only a few months. No red tape or any delays. So the plan are all drawn up because they had them printed in the paper what the club house would look like.
Yes Sir

London, KY

#45 Feb 16, 2013
i remember wrote:
I remember the horse race track that planned to open in London. It had to be some big dem behind it because the dem gov came up with money out of his ky personal road fund to get the exit done in only a few months. No red tape or any delays. So the plan are all drawn up because they had them printed in the paper what the club house would look like.
I also remember when a few locals wanted to put a horse track near London. But the deal in Corbin is not a bunch of locals, its Keeneland, which already operates a great racing venue in Lexington. I hope it works out. It will help southeastern Kentucky, particularly Corbin.
wondering

United States

#46 Feb 16, 2013
you wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for showing everyone how dumb you are. Since you only lived in the area since oct you know nothing about the elections or what has happen.You fail to name any new restaurant that have come to any of the 4 cities named. Corbin changed from moist to wet. No new jobs because of it.It only lower the food to drink ratio from 70/30 to 50/50 but still no new restaurant have came. Fools like you will not last long in our area.I know of no business that will built here because we have liquor stores. If you so smart please info us of them that plan to build here. You also forgot to tell us what great place you left to move to our area.
i never said that there were any new restaurants, only that the establishments that do serve have seen an increase in business and that jobs have been created to handle the higher demand at these places. I also said jobs were created by liquor stores opening. I moved from lex, moved back actually. I was born in corbin lived here until college, graduated from centre (so im not too stupid), got married and decided to move back. The reason businesses, whether restaurants or shopping, dont move into this area isnt alcohol or really the lack there of, it closed minded backwoods idiots such as yourself who are too afraid to embrace the 21st century to allow the area to grow. Except change. Put out a positive image that would make a company think you want them here. Nothing will improve until the individuals like yourself change, move, or die
Sunshine

Corbin, KY

#47 Feb 16, 2013
Corbin wrote:
<quoted text>
The proposed race track would be in Knox and Whitley counties. Not in Laurel county.Marshalls is coming because of traffic and location. Obviously alcohol is drawing a lot of traffic to Corbin. Its just the beginning of Corbin's rise and London's decline.
Oh so true!!!!!
henry

London, KY

#48 Feb 17, 2013
Sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh so true!!!!!
No it not. The reason no link was given was there was more to the story then the drunk posted. The group first has to buy a race track in eastern ky. The racing board has to approve it.The article (which is no longer posted)said they are looking at several site in the south I75 area. They did not disclosed a site.Racing would be 20 days a year. That real big time racing.
But racing is not the plan but to have gameing machine like they have 2 other race track. So all 3 laurel co exit are in the running 29,38 and 41. I would think 41 would have the best chance.
i real funny

London, KY

#49 Feb 17, 2013
I just checked the corbin topix at 725am 2-17 and did NOT find the subject of Corbin getting a race track .It would seem either noone know about it or noone care.
That real funny.Nothing at all on the subject.HA HA HA HA HA HA HA .It not even in the Corbin online newspaper as of 723am. This is 3-4 day old news.People in Corbin must be really slow.
Yes Sir

London, KY

#50 Feb 17, 2013
i real funny wrote:
I just checked the corbin topix at 725am 2-17 and did NOT find the subject of Corbin getting a race track .It would seem either noone know about it or noone care.
That real funny.Nothing at all on the subject.HA HA HA HA HA HA HA .It not even in the Corbin online newspaper as of 723am. This is 3-4 day old news.People in Corbin must be really slow.
Actually, its old news in Corbin, already discussed along with several other proposals for new business. Corbin is being so bombarded with activity that its senseless to speculate. But a race track owned by a group like Keeneland is interesting.The real shocker will be announced within 60 days and it will be a HUGE economic boost to Whitley county.
MrGoodMan

London, KY

#51 Feb 17, 2013
Went to a local restaurant last night, saw quite a few libations being served. My wife even partaked in the consumption of the devils water. I prayed for her drink and that it would be delivered from the demons of hell. And I prayed for all of the libations that were being served. Today we will be going to church, I will not dare speak of the evils I witnessed last night. We will lift prayers against fire water and then we will leave to engorge ourselves with good Sunday food, meanwhile passing a half dozen or so meth houses that have yet to have been touched by sweet Jesus or the Sheriffs department. I love Laurel County and our forward thinking citizens.
MrGoodMan

London, KY

#52 Feb 17, 2013
In closing, remember to give your hearts to Jesus and your pocketbooks to the good Pastor. If you must engage in the consumption of Hells water, ask for guidance from your Pastor. All that is needed of a divine blessing is a ten percent cash lining of the Holy Mans pocket. The joyous music, non alcoholic grape juice and salty snacks are included.
Bruce

Heidrick, KY

#53 Feb 17, 2013
Yes Sir wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, its old news in Corbin, already discussed along with several other proposals for new business. Corbin is being so bombarded with activity that its senseless to speculate. But a race track owned by a group like Keeneland is interesting.The real shocker will be announced within 60 days and it will be a HUGE economic boost to Whitley county.
To think Louisville and Lexington would dilute their control over the racing industry is enough to deem this one bovine pellets.

We got you rednecks to vote in alcohol sales once we got our people in place to have the license. The select few wins again.

Bruce.
Yes Sir

London, KY

#54 Feb 17, 2013
Bruce wrote:
<quoted text>
To think Louisville and Lexington would dilute their control over the racing industry is enough to deem this one bovine pellets.
We got you rednecks to vote in alcohol sales once we got our people in place to have the license. The select few wins again.
Bruce.
Lexington's Keeneland would own the track so the horse set will not be relinquishing any control, which is why this may fly. If Joe Blow from London or Corbin wanted a horse track it would fail. But a track would bring traffic, jobs and money to the area so I hope it happens
Bruce

Heidrick, KY

#55 Feb 17, 2013
Yes Sir wrote:
<quoted text>
Lexington's Keeneland would own the track so the horse set will not be relinquishing any control, which is why this may fly. If Joe Blow from London or Corbin wanted a horse track it would fail. But a track would bring traffic, jobs and money to the area so I hope it happens
The power associated with the racing industry is putting dollars in the coffers and asses in the seats (seats throughout Lexington or Louisville). To think they would willingly shave that financial influence is childish. Keenland, Red Mile and Churchill Downs are suffering. They have no intentions of competeing with a Corbin, not now or 20 years from now.

Bruce.
Yes Sir

London, KY

#56 Feb 17, 2013
Bruce wrote:
<quoted text>
The power associated with the racing industry is putting dollars in the coffers and asses in the seats (seats throughout Lexington or Louisville). To think they would willingly shave that financial influence is childish. Keenland, Red Mile and Churchill Downs are suffering. They have no intentions of competeing with a Corbin, not now or 20 years from now.
Bruce.
Its a proposed quarter horse track, which the president of Keeneland said they were hoping to build in Corbin. Its not competition to throughbred racing, and draws from a different demographic. It would not compete with Keeneland for horses or crowds.
Bruce

Heidrick, KY

#57 Feb 17, 2013
You are simply, wrong.

No track will be built outside the golden triangle and if you believe they will? People are wrong every day.

Bruce.
Yes Sir

London, KY

#58 Feb 17, 2013
Bruce wrote:
You are simply, wrong.
No track will be built outside the golden triangle and if you believe they will? People are wrong every day.
Bruce.
They raced quarter horses at a track in Prestonsburg, Ketucky for several years. Thats is the business Keeneland wants to buy and move to Corbin. We have also had horse tracks in western Kentucky for years.
Right

Manchester, KY

#59 Feb 17, 2013
alice wrote:
We were told if we voted moist or wet there would be jobs but where are they?
pineville
voted moist 7 years ago but has no new restaurant .No restaurant that sell drinks .So no jobs or tax money
williamsburg
voted moist 1 year ago by 10 votes.Mayor claim 2 unnamed businessman told him the city would get 2 new restaurant if they voted moist.
No new restaurant only one sell it. hong kong buffet only place that sell it. so no jobs and very little tax money.
manchester
had 3 restaurant that sold it, now only 2 (loss of 10-15 jobs)Manchester still need tax money. Plan to annex to get more tax money and that might add 2-3 gas station that will sell beer. lost famous receipt few months ago lost 10-15 jobs no net gain in jobs since voting wet.
corbin
no new restaurant .2 liquor store 3rd in about 4-5 months.long johns silvers plan to move to south laurel exit lost of jobs for corbin.(gain for laurel county)Taco titao is leaving corbin moving to London.
So please tell me why their no new jobs in pineville,williamburg or manchester? i dought if any bootlegger was put out of business. They save money by not having to drive to richmond.
I guess it is like the lottery funding education, what are their school taxes on everything I pay? Whay have the doubled since the lottery came in. It is all bullshit to get our vote!
progress

Manchester, KY

#60 Feb 17, 2013
Our morals and dignity for a buck!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 42 min Historian 135,070
liberal college dean says ISIS is welcome on hi... 54 min Israel 9
Help Stop Persecution Of Christians WorldWide! 58 min Israel 1
Looking for place to rent 1 hr goofball 8
Laurel Cookie Factory Hiring (Aug '12) 1 hr goofball 10
Is it legal for cats to roam? 1 hr caturday 5
Keavy Music Thread (May '14) Feb '15 Musikologist 4
Keavy Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Keavy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance