Sevierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

We were told if we voted moist or wet there would be jobs but where are they?

pineville
voted moist 7 years ago but has no new restaurant .No restaurant that sell drinks .So no jobs or tax money

williamsburg
voted moist 1 year ago by 10 votes.Mayor claim 2 unnamed businessman told him the city would get 2 new restaurant if they voted moist.
No new restaurant only one sell it. hong kong buffet only place that sell it. so no jobs and very little tax money.

manchester
had 3 restaurant that sold it, now only 2 (loss of 10-15 jobs)Manchester still need tax money. Plan to annex to get more tax money and that might add 2-3 gas station that will sell beer. lost famous receipt few months ago lost 10-15 jobs no net gain in jobs since voting wet.

corbin
no new restaurant .2 liquor store 3rd in about 4-5 months.long johns silvers plan to move to south laurel exit lost of jobs for corbin.(gain for laurel county)Taco titao is leaving corbin moving to London.

So please tell me why their no new jobs in pineville,williamburg or manchester? i dought if any bootlegger was put out of business. They save money by not having to drive to richmond.
wondering

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

You're an idiot. First, for all the lazy and barely educated, there are jobs here. My wife and i moved here in oct, i had lined up something prior to the move and she found a full time gig that she enjoys within a month, before that she served at one of the restaurants that serves alcohol. Its pointless to work at any of the ones that dont, no money to be made. Secondly, a moist vote only helps to regenerate tax money and sales for already established businesses. If you wouod like to attract new blood, you need to be fully wet. If nothing else there will be liquor stores and more tax revenue, which can be used to improve the area and draw new businesses. Look at the places that serve and consider whether they have seen an increase in business. Its seems obvious that thry have, which also means that they have hired more employees to handle the influx. Before you make a statement look a litlle deeper next time
Bubba

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Extra cops and equipment. Emergency personelle. Funeral homes and you have the nerve to ask "where's the jobs?"

You must be a racist......
you wrong

Griffin, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

wondering wrote:
You're an idiot. First, for all the lazy and barely educated, there are jobs here. My wife and i moved here in oct, i had lined up something prior to the move and she found a full time gig that she enjoys within a month, before that she served at one of the restaurants that serves alcohol. Its pointless to work at any of the ones that dont, no money to be made. Secondly, a moist vote only helps to regenerate tax money and sales for already established businesses. If you wouod like to attract new blood, you need to be fully wet. If nothing else there will be liquor stores and more tax revenue, which can be used to improve the area and draw new businesses. Look at the places that serve and consider whether they have seen an increase in business. Its seems obvious that thry have, which also means that they have hired more employees to handle the influx. Before you make a statement look a litlle deeper next time
Thank you for showing everyone how dumb you are. Since you only lived in the area since oct you know nothing about the elections or what has happen.You fail to name any new restaurant that have come to any of the 4 cities named. Corbin changed from moist to wet. No new jobs because of it.It only lower the food to drink ratio from 70/30 to 50/50 but still no new restaurant have came. Fools like you will not last long in our area.I know of no business that will built here because we have liquor stores. If you so smart please info us of them that plan to build here. You also forgot to tell us what great place you left to move to our area.
truth

Sevierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

wondering wrote:
Just like a drunk to change the subject. So you moved here because of the liquor stores?
it helped corbin

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Corbin raked in nearly $45,000 in alcohol tax revenue in one month.

Packaged beer sales amounted to $947,261. The restaurants grossed $101,308.42 in by-the-drink alcohol sales.

There's also extra people hired at places selling alcohol. People from Laurel who came to Corbin to buy alcohol also spent money on other items and in other businesses while in town.
John

Tyner, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Bubba wrote:
Extra cops and equipment. Emergency personelle. Funeral homes and you have the nerve to ask "where's the jobs?"
You must be a racist......
Are you always so stupid or is today a special occasion.
truth

Sevierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

it helped corbin wrote:
Corbin raked in nearly $45,000 in alcohol tax revenue in one month.
Packaged beer sales amounted to $947,261. The restaurants grossed $101,308.42 in by-the-drink alcohol sales.
There's also extra people hired at places selling alcohol. People from Laurel who came to Corbin to buy alcohol also spent money on other items and in other businesses while in town.
Since you did not post a link how do we know your telling the truth? Your number are worthless and mean nothing. Why are you afraid of posting the rest of the story. If you had posted the number for by-the drink alcohol sales for Williamsbug, Manchester and London so we can compare their sale that number you provide might mean something. I bet that London number is 3 times corbin number. Is that why you didn't post it? It would be helpful if you posted the corbin by the drink for the last year so everyone can see them. As i said taking only one month number mean nothing.It just show you hiding the truth.
Packages sales mean nothing since all the sale tax goes to the state.
guess

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

alice wrote:
We were told if we voted moist or wet there would be jobs but where are they?
pineville
voted moist 7 years ago but has no new restaurant .No restaurant that sell drinks .So no jobs or tax money
williamsburg
voted moist 1 year ago by 10 votes.Mayor claim 2 unnamed businessman told him the city would get 2 new restaurant if they voted moist.
No new restaurant only one sell it. hong kong buffet only place that sell it. so no jobs and very little tax money.
manchester
had 3 restaurant that sold it, now only 2 (loss of 10-15 jobs)Manchester still need tax money. Plan to annex to get more tax money and that might add 2-3 gas station that will sell beer. lost famous receipt few months ago lost 10-15 jobs no net gain in jobs since voting wet.
corbin
no new restaurant .2 liquor store 3rd in about 4-5 months.long johns silvers plan to move to south laurel exit lost of jobs for corbin.(gain for laurel county)Taco titao is leaving corbin moving to London.
So please tell me why their no new jobs in pineville,williamburg or manchester? i dought if any bootlegger was put out of business. They save money by not having to drive to richmond.
Drunks don't eat much so the restaurants are losing money while everyone buys their booze at the liquor store.
Old Man

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

We like to eat in Laurel Co. Corbin lives on booze.
Methcapital

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Old Man wrote:
We like to eat in Laurel Co. Corbin lives on booze.
yeah we don't drink evil liquor we are just known as the meth county. Duh
Great

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

It's projected to help this area get a new rehab center and that will bring a lot of new jobs. Especially for people that have an education. I'm sure more social workers will be needed also. So yes jobs are being created thanks to alcohol.
Idiots

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Methcapital wrote:
<quoted text> yeah we don't drink evil liquor we are just known as the meth county. Duh
But they sure have some of the "purtiest" churches around. Lol , that's all Laurel County has- churches, meth labs and big courthouses so they can sentence all the dope heads.
truth

Sevierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
But they sure have some of the "purtiest" churches around. Lol , that's all Laurel County has- churches, meth labs and big courthouses so they can sentence all the dope heads.
That a great name for you Idiots because you are one. You have to be a libtard because your kind on here like to charge the subject. It seem the drunks on here cannot answer post 1.They lied before the election about all the jobs and food places if Corbin just voted wet.
Wow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

truth wrote:
<quoted text>That a great name for you Idiots because you are one. You have to be a libtard because your kind on here like to charge the subject. It seem the drunks on here cannot answer post 1.They lied before the election about all the jobs and food places if Corbin just voted wet.
Shut your dam mouth Truth. You start more chit here than anyone. Go smoke your meth, redneck.
Ralph

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

London smokes Corbin in alcohol sales. Our revenues have gone up while the revenues from the wet counties go toward enforcement of alcohol laws.

Vote wet to match your brain.
Answer

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Packages sales mean nothing since all the sale tax goes to the state.
DEAD WRONG!!!!

You might want to check your facts before posting them as such!
FYI

Griffin, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut your dam mouth Truth. You start more chit here than anyone. Go smoke your meth, redneck.
You need to put your crack pipe down.Quit taking your pills and you getting drunk every day. Blackneck like you are so dumb. Go back up north where you ah came from. You used 4 different names on here how many more will you use? Your kind is too dumb to stay on subject.
Answer

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Ralph wrote:
London smokes Corbin in alcohol sales. Our revenues have gone up while the revenues from the wet counties go toward enforcement of alcohol laws.
Vote wet to match your brain.
Yet another person who is DEAD WRONG!!!

check your facts before posting them as such!!!

Corbin has package sales...London does not! no way that London has more sales...NO WAY!!!

The taxes can be used for ANYTHING THE CITY needs! Period, end of story! I'm so tired of hearing this BS lie about the taxes can only be used for police inforcement....ITS A LIE!!! Corbin is using the taxes to build sidewalks in town and repair the Corbin fire dept....

If you don't believe me...READ THE DAMN CORBIN NEWSPAPER!!!!
Wow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

FYI wrote:
<quoted text>You need to put your crack pipe down.Quit taking your pills and you getting drunk every day. Blackneck like you are so dumb. Go back up north where you ah came from. You used 4 different names on here how many more will you use? Your kind is too dumb to stay on subject.
Get a job, Truth. Quit living off my tax dollars, you stupid redneck piece of chit

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of112
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Keavy Discussions

Search the Keavy Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr just 144,926
No public restrooms at tanning bed 2 hr craziness 6
Michelle Giles 2 hr Steve 1
Union talk at CTA? 2 hr Crazy Dave 18
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr SNYB 127,992
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 6 hr EASTER 26,172
Cookie Factory Union Interest 6 hr yep 36
•••
•••