Cheddars is really coming
ha ha ha

United States

#44 May 1, 2013
Bronston Man wrote:
<quoted text>
That is all true, but what he was saying is that Darden policy is to not locate in an area that is simply "moist". They do this for a number of reasons, one being they have to limit their drink sales to 30% of revenue as opposed to 50% in fully wet areas. Plus the conventional wisdom is that "dry" or "moist" areas are repressed in comparison to other areas. Why locate a restaurant in a place that might park police cruisers in your parking lot due to alcohol drink sales, or locate where the local clergy will be preaching that your business is evil every Sunday?
It is also Darden policy to not locate a restaurant in an area that does not have a 4-year college either, though. They feel they get a higher quality worker if there is a 4-year school nearby; they hire a lot of college kids.
That's alright though, stay dry London. I'll still stop in Sundays to El Azteca if I'm coming home from the mountains to get tipsy on my way home to Somerset, where I can stop off and buy a six-pack and drink in the peace of my own home.
Not true about darden policy. Sevierville Tn had both a red lobster and later a olive garden long before the city voted in liquor by the drink.
I don't believe they have a 4 year college either. People that have not been coming to smokeys Mts for 20 years think it been here forever and they are total wrong.

“smiling on a cloudy day”

Since: Jan 09

Shakedown Street

#45 May 1, 2013
ha ha ha wrote:
<quoted text>Not true about darden policy. Sevierville Tn had both a red lobster and later a olive garden long before the city voted in liquor by the drink.
I don't believe they have a 4 year college either. People that have not been coming to smokeys Mts for 20 years think it been here forever and they are total wrong.
You're right, perhaps they made an exception for Sevierville? That or changed company policy, who knows? The only time I've been that way I stay in Gatlinburg, where liquor stores are legal.

Reading up on the election for drink sales in Pigeon Forge last month, I saw this: To draw attention to the (dry)cause, CCCPF’s chairman, Jess Davis, began a weeklong fast that he said will end after the election today.

I guess he was either sneaking some snacks during that fast or God just thought he was an idiot and allowed by-the-drink sales to go through.

Got to remember also, you can buy beer in the grocery stores in both Sevierville and Pigeon Forge, just no hard liquor or wine. Plus couldn't restaurants sell beer and wine before the "moist" votes in Sevierville and Pigeon Forge, just not hard liquor drinks.

Tennessee has more screwed up liquor laws than Kentucky, and that's saying something.
wonder

Melvin, KY

#47 May 2, 2013
We passed there a few days ago and they were breaking ground there and had the signs up. Are they still working?
fred

Evarts, KY

#48 May 3, 2013
in Friday London newspaper they have picture of what been done so far. the one in Sevierville open on may 1.they were very slow building it. the Joe crab shack was built in less then 6 months.
Jimmy J

Martin, KY

#49 May 16, 2013
Putting fascade on the top edges of roof now. Can't wait for it to open. We need something good in London along with OTG. That's the only other really good place to eat in London, KY.
fred

Lexington, KY

#50 May 16, 2013
Ate at the in sevier co one last week. The building if they use the same design in london will be fancier then any eating place in london, corbin or somerset.
remington678

Winchester, KY

#51 May 16, 2013
sammy wrote:
I guess by NOT voting the city wet was a good thing since this means over 100 new jobs coming. corbin only got 35 job in their 3 liquor store . Since the election the cry babies wets have been on here saying no new job for london it all going to corbin. Like always they were wrong. That means corbin and sommerset will NOT be get a cheddar. So the Sommerset wets lose to London again.
Are you fn retarded or something?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
get a clue

Winchester, KY

#52 May 16, 2013
Don't worry everyone. When they start hiring the locals im sure your experience will be reduced to mcdonalds. fn inbred pillbillies

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sallie

London, KY

#53 May 16, 2013
i see the Lebanon isp is either a drunk or pill head himself. where ever he lives he will never have a cheddars . that why he mad.
Toofless

Middlesboro, KY

#54 May 16, 2013
Great!! Another place I can go to load up on Carbs and simple sugars, nothing better than a 3500 calorie meal right guys???

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Old Man

Elizabethtown, IN

#55 May 16, 2013
Long as it's got beer I'm sure everybody will like it. MMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!! Can't have a meal without a beer now. BUUUURRRRPPPPPPP!!!!!!!
samuel j

London, KY

#56 May 17, 2013
Toofless wrote:
Great!! Another place I can go to load up on Carbs and simple sugars, nothing better than a 3500 calorie meal right guys???
Another moron that never been to a cheddars.
You must be a Obama nut that think the government should tell everyone what to eat. Your kind has no brain to choose what to eat.
Toofless

Middlesboro, KY

#57 May 17, 2013
haha.. yeah cause your kind chooses to eat everything close to it. Way to go another obese KY citizen. Nothing new to London.... Hey, you get your check yet for the month?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
get a clue

Winchester, KY

#58 May 18, 2013
samuel j wrote:
<quoted text>Another moron that never been to a cheddars.
You must be a Obama nut that think the government should tell everyone what to eat. Your kind has no brain to choose what to eat.
How the F*ck did you bring those two things together exactly? lol, Jesus Christ talk about a stretch, Do you even know what simple sugars and complex carbs are? So let's analyze your retarded thought for a sec....people are dumb because they don't go to cheddars and smash a 3 days worth of calories in one sitting...and people that don't do that are hardcore Obama nuts that truly believe Obama wants to tell us what to eat? You must of attended school in Harlan, Good Job!!! Hahaha STUPES!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Toofless

Middlesboro, KY

#59 May 18, 2013
When you can't see your toes, I guess you blame that on Ohhhh-BAMA... It's funny cause all those checks they get from the government, are there because of Obama, they just don't realize it. Guess Chedders will chase their bitterness away in this thriving metro area. I think Someone is jealous that Corbin is actully blowin up harder. Go Chedders... London is BACK on the map!
Cheddars Fan

Martin, KY

#60 Jun 17, 2013
Roof is almost shingled, outside approaching completion. No idea on timeframe for inside. I'd say another cvouple months. Better mark my booth, cause I'll be there at least twice a week to eat.
awsome

Somerset, KY

#61 Jun 18, 2013
cant wait for Hooters to start building their restaurant itll be grrreattttt!!!
uuummm

London, KY

#62 Jun 19, 2013
I am with toofless, I'm afraid. Now don't get me wrong, I am glad we are getting new business. I just wish they served something different...you know a vegetable or something remotely healthy. From the menu it looks like the same old fried crap. Oh, and some frozen reheated goo. yea.

Can someone tell me what is so good about the place? What menu item is really good and healthy?

“smiling on a cloudy day”

Since: Jan 09

Shakedown Street

#63 Jun 19, 2013
uuummm wrote:
I am with toofless, I'm afraid. Now don't get me wrong, I am glad we are getting new business. I just wish they served something different...you know a vegetable or something remotely healthy. From the menu it looks like the same old fried crap. Oh, and some frozen reheated goo. yea.
Can someone tell me what is so good about the place? What menu item is really good and healthy?
Nothing healthy. Just keep going to McDonalds.
uuummm

London, KY

#64 Jun 19, 2013
Bronston Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing healthy. Just keep going to McDonalds.
Well, thanks but I have eaten at Mcds in years. I don't eat much fast food at all. I don't eat at most of the other places around here either because the quality of the food is not worth the price and it is unhealthy deep fried junk or fatty meat. Now, I believe that even that is OK ever now and then but I try not to make it a regular part of my diet.

I know this is a small town and trendy may not cut it but steaks and deep fried stuff gets boring after a while. That, and the fact that most of it is no better than what I can fix at home for a whole lot less money means we just don't get the urge to eat out that often.

I really hope Cheddars is a good place. It looks like they are building a nice restaurant. I hope it does well but I hope somebody around here comes up with something besides steak, greasy cheeseburgers, or ribs pretty soon! Oh, I forgot chicken tenders...everybody's got chicken tenders!

Yes, I know we have Mexican places. And we have 'Italian' or 'Greek' places (I don't think they are even sure what they are trying top be!). But I can fix way better food than either of them serve. Not bragging at all because a heated up frozen dinner would be better than what they serve in some cases.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
trump up by 14 in ky poll ,paul up by 12 as de... 25 min fred g 58
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 27 min Mickey402 151,815
song game-anyone? (Jun '09) 1 hr Nilsson 8,887
Single woman over 40 (Aug '15) 2 hr 24 yr old guy 190
Don Franklin Ford When Do They Open? (Feb '12) 2 hr Filmore 9
Dino's taking cheap shots at Brooklyn Brothers 2 hr Bob 3
Is posting peoples names on here ok or not???????? 3 hr Mod8 4

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keavy Mortgages