Chained dogs
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dogs Deserve Better

Pineville, KY

#1 Feb 4, 2013
Do you know of a chained dog? Dogs deserve better is sending out valentine's for chained dogs. Go to their website and enter the address of the chained dog and they will send the family a valentine. Let's make a change for dogs in our area. People need to realize that chaining dogs is not acceptable. Chained dogs live a lonely life of despair in the weather, some without even dog houses, and most are never vetted! Dogs are meant to be a part of the family not a yard ornament!

http://www.dogsdeservebetter.org/Valentines20...
what about

United States

#3 Feb 4, 2013
What about abused dogs kept in kennels and beaten their entire lives? Is there help for them if so who do you contact?
did it

Hazard, KY

#4 Feb 4, 2013
I have a neighbor who is on a daily basis lives to make her dogs suffer. I saw her chain up a long haired collie in 103 degree weather to a pole in the middle of her yard where there was no nothing for it, I went to try and get an officer who I knew was always at the local store to come and do something but he said no, he wasn't allowed to. this dog lasted 2 days. it suffered terribly
NOO

Murray, KY

#5 Feb 4, 2013
Let me know where this house is please...

“Life is a compromise!”

Since: Nov 08

USA

#6 Feb 4, 2013
Fenced in yards, yes! Water, food and shelter,(warm) weather proof. Being them in when its to cold or to hot; but do not turn them out to shit in others yards, dig up your landscaping or bark all damn night keeping everyone else awake. Move out in Woodbine or down falls highway if you want to turn them loose. Not in a neighborhood or in a subdivision.
snoop dog

Corbin, KY

#7 Feb 4, 2013
I adopted a dog from the humane society even though I knew I wasn't allowed to keep her inside. She was on the verge of being euthanized, which is one of the reasons why I adopted her. I figured giving her a chance at life, even though temporarily not under the best of circumstances, was better than just letting her be put down. She has a dog house and is well fed and given plenty of water. She is a very sweet, well behaved dog and I love her. Circumstances dictated that we move into a place which did not accept inside pets. I plan on finding either buying a home or finding a place which does accept inside pets as soon as our 6 month lease is over. I know there are too many people who abuse and neglect pets, and even though I keep mine on a 25 foot chain outside, I am not one of them. Please don't be so quick to judge the next time just because you see a dog on a chain.
i agree

London, KY

#8 Feb 4, 2013
i myself was given a mix breed dog when i was younger. i loved that dog more than most ppl around here love their kids. but that dog was kept on a chain. the dog was kept on a chain because she would get loose and chase after cars and the last thing i wanted was to see her get hit and die. the dog was always given plenty of water food and shelter but was kept on a chain. so i agree dont be so quick to judge a dog on a chain, i as well have seen some bad ppl who abuse them but not every dog owner who has their dog on a chain is an animal abuser.
Dog

Middlesboro, KY

#10 Feb 5, 2013
Dogs Deserve Better wrote:
Do you know of a chained dog? Dogs deserve better is sending out valentine's for chained dogs. Go to their website and enter the address of the chained dog and they will send the family a valentine. Let's make a change for dogs in our area. People need to realize that chaining dogs is not acceptable. Chained dogs live a lonely life of despair in the weather, some without even dog houses, and most are never vetted! Dogs are meant to be a part of the family not a yard ornament!
Get a fraking life!!!!!!!!
Dog

Middlesboro, KY

#11 Feb 5, 2013
i agree wrote:
i myself was given a mix breed dog when i was younger. i loved that dog more than most ppl around here love their kids. but that dog was kept on a chain. the dog was kept on a chain because she would get loose and chase after cars and the last thing i wanted was to see her get hit and die. the dog was always given plenty of water food and shelter but was kept on a chain. so i agree dont be so quick to judge a dog on a chain, i as well have seen some bad ppl who abuse them but not every dog owner who has their dog on a chain is an animal abuser.
You are a very good pet owner.
just me

Dyer, TN

#12 Feb 6, 2013

My dog is on a line with a 75ft run connect to 2 trees high up. When I'm home our dog is turn loss to run when she has tired herself out she comes back to her dog house to be hooked back up to her line. If we didn't do this she would get run over chasing cars. To me a kennel is more cruel then this.
Disagree

Winchester, KY

#13 Feb 6, 2013
Ii keep my dog chained, fed, watered, and loved! I play with him daily! He has toys, lots of straw to keep him warm in his house. You are nuts not all owners that have to tie up their animals are abusers. They don't want them killed!!!!!! while you are at it send me some candy and flowers!!!!!!!!!
Animal lover

Sikeston, MO

#14 Feb 6, 2013
I have a huge outdoor kennel that I keep my two dogs in.I feed and water them every day.I bring them inside at night and they are very loved.If I owned my house instead of renting I would fence my yard.I think you can tell an abused dog from a dog that is kenneled or chained a few hours a day to get fresh air.People have to work and it is better for the dog to be outside rather than cooped up inside for hours with no one home.I see nothing wrong with either of these practices as long as it is done humanly.
concerned

Corbin, KY

#15 Feb 6, 2013
Animal control to get help. There is a animal rescue place near Harlan. We were told you have to chain your dog. It can run lose. Believe me around here people are cruel if your dog is lose they will shoot it.
Dogs Deserve Better

Pineville, KY

#16 Feb 7, 2013
Dog wrote:
<quoted text> Get a fraking life!!!!!!!!
Get a "FREAKING" education!!!
Dogs Deserve Better

Pineville, KY

#17 Feb 7, 2013
It doesn't mean to let your dogs run loose. Fence your yard, take it inside to be with the family. Just take care of them. There are people that have outside dogs that take great care of them.

I understand all circumstances are different. You can tell which ones that are just chained outside to be lawn ornaments, they live in mud, are filthy and malnourished, and never get any attention. I've seen little bitty dogs tied outside with no more than 5 ft of chain! They are not protected from the weather and are easy targets for predators.
Dog

Tucker, GA

#18 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Get a "FREAKING" education!!!
I repeat my original comment.
concerned

Corbin, KY

#19 Feb 7, 2013
I usually have two dogs outside before I moved we had to keep them chained. But we also would let them lose to run when we were outside for longer. They loved it. I understand what your saying. I have seen dogs chained and not taken care of. Heck if you try and call on the owners this town does nothing. The fire dept does more for animal cruelty than the police, I moved last Feb and i was so happy. We have a pretty good size dog lot and they no longer have to be chained. Right now we are watching our buddy's dog to. One of our dogs recently had pups in Nov. She and two of her pups died of a viral infection. We had our two dogs inside. When you lose your animal they become family. I have three girls. We were devistated. I wish people would do more about animal cruelty. We ended up keeping twonpups cause one looked like the daddy and one looked like the momma.
concerned

Corbin, KY

#20 Feb 7, 2013
I usually have two dogs outside before I moved we had to keep them chained. But we also would let them lose to run when we were outside for longer. They loved it. I understand what your saying. I have seen dogs chained and not taken care of. Heck if you try and call on the owners this town does nothing. The fire dept does more for animal cruelty than the police, I moved last Feb and i was so happy. We have a pretty good size dog lot and they no longer have to be chained. Right now we are watching our buddy's dog to. One of our dogs recently had pups in Nov. She and two of her pups died of a viral infection. We had our two dogs inside. When you lose your animal they become family. I have three girls. We were devistated. I wish people would do more about animal cruelty. We ended up keeping twonpups cause one looked like the daddy and one looked like the momma. We miss lily every day.it was horrible.
I did it

Oxford, OH

#21 Feb 15, 2013
concerned wrote:
I usually have two dogs outside before I moved we had to keep them chained. But we also would let them lose to run when we were outside for longer. They loved it. I understand what your saying. I have seen dogs chained and not taken care of. Heck if you try and call on the owners this town does nothing. The fire dept does more for animal cruelty than the police, I moved last Feb and i was so happy. We have a pretty good size dog lot and they no longer have to be chained. Right now we are watching our buddy's dog to. One of our dogs recently had pups in Nov. She and two of her pups died of a viral infection. We had our two dogs inside. When you lose your animal they become family. I have three girls. We were devistated. I wish people would do more about animal cruelty. We ended up keeping twonpups cause one looked like the daddy and one looked like the momma. We miss lily every day.it was horrible.
First I would like to say I am so sorry that you lost Lilly and her pups. I got a rescue dog. The laws must be different in Indiana. I was told at rescue that it was against the law to chain a pet. My dog is a digger . We have a huge fenced in privacy fence but she digs out and I have to chase her down. I was told if they found her on a chain they would take her. You have to agree not to use a chain. But in my case I put her on a huge line and let her run, I was afraid I would get into trouble if they ever caught me putting her on a chain. They havent checked as far as I know ir I am sure I would have heard about it. Yea our dogs are a part of the family. I also have a white boxer . He thinks he is a little boy! LOL
concerned

Corbin, KY

#22 Feb 19, 2013
Yeah boxers really have a great attitude but they will protect you to. Our boxer avelanche is a big baby.when we lived in country we had to put ours on chain but it was a fifty foot one I think. Right now we still have him and the to pups that survived in the house. They have a dog lot fenced in we gotta fix it it has a shelter built on it. Just needs some work where it won't leak. We still have his buddy's dog outside who hasn't been over here in a month and a half to check on or feed his dog.so you rescued your dog that is so great. I really thought about that and finding dogs a home. Gotta get back yard fenced it. I can't wait they will have a half acre to run on. It is hilarious watching our boxer and the pups chasing each other. Our boxer like to play with your feet. Hope you are enjoying your boxer.you are a good person for rescuing your dog.ttyl.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tan ext cab chevy 6 min Wandering 3
Black guy n black car loud music 8 min Curiousonlynotint... 1
Libtard and electric cars 24 min Libs are dumb 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 50 min truck 171,836
Needs boy rottweiler to breed with! (Mar '12) 1 hr Shonda 120
add a word--drop a word (Apr '10) 1 hr Alain Vain 1,741
Tracey Smith (Apr '09) 1 hr Seeker 4

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keavy Mortgages