Welfare Pays $30 An Hr. Avg Jobs Pay $25

Posted in the Keavy Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Why not

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Mar 20, 2013
These 11 States now have More People on Welfare than they do Employed!
Last month, the Senate Budget Committee reports that in fiscal year 2011, between food stamps, housing support, child care, Medicaid and other benefits, the average U.S. household below the poverty line received $168.00 a day in government support. What's the problem with that much support? Well, the median household income in America is just over $50,000, which averages out to $137.13 a day. To put it another way, being on welfare now pays the equivalent of $30.00 an hour for a 40-hour week, while the average job pays $25.00 an hour.
http://budget.senate.gov/republican/public/in...

See a pattern here or there or where oh where is your retirement money going? Why are the American People not outraged at this open thieving of our wage and living?
Stray Dog

Cookeville, TN

#2 Mar 20, 2013
Why not wrote:
Last month, the Senate Budget Committee reports that in fiscal year 2011, between food stamps, housing support, child care, Medicaid and other benefits, the average U.S. household below the poverty line received $168.00 a day in government support. What's the problem with that much support? Well, the median household income in America is just over $50,000, which averages out to $137.13 a day. To put it another way, being on welfare now pays the equivalent of $30.00 an hour for a 40-hour week, while the average job pays $25.00 an hour.
See a pattern here or there or where oh where is your retirement money going? Why are the American People not outraged at this open thieving of our wage and living?
The conservative folks ARE outraged. Its the liberals that have no problem with it. I'm sure one of them will be on here shortly trying to defend it.
FYI

Somerset, KY

#3 Mar 20, 2013
Why not wrote:
BS
where

London, KY

#4 Mar 20, 2013
...where's these $25 average jobs? lol...that's a JOKE!
LOL

London, KY

#5 Mar 20, 2013
Why not wrote:
I don't know about the $168/day but while your math is correct on the approx $25/hour your assumption is not. The median household income is $50,000 (actually read last week it's closer to $40,000), and most households are two wage earners, which means the jobs are about $12.50/hour and maybe even less because that counts all household income and many households have more than two wage earners. Of course, some households have only one, so it probably is safe to assume that $12.50/hr is about the median pay rate.
Low Pay

Paducah, KY

#6 Mar 20, 2013
Why not wrote:
Yeah those "takers" such as -

The elderly disabled who have worked all their lives for low wages and have to live in a nursing home( lazy old people....all TAKERS!)

Children who are mentally handicapped/critically ill (damn lazy punks!)

People with heart/liver/kidney failure (Lazy bums!)

Down syndrome persons (stop acting! please you can work!)

Those dirty veterans! Wont work and fake PTSD AND CRY CAUSE THEY AINT GOT NO ARMS OR LEGS....lazy!!

Funny how you dont mention the takers who WEAR SUITS! Like dirty Mitch who makes around 15 million a year. You have been so blinded by lies of "Cadillac queens" which was a made up lie.

People do have jobs but the pay is so low that they still cant survive and they even qualify for stamps and medicaid cause their pay is SO low.

But damn if the CEOs and share holders aint living high on the hog!

The wal mart family makes millions a year.......hummmmmm just who are they taking that money from?

Let me tell you a little secret....if you see someone with lots and lots of money....they shafted someone somehow....

Just like the old slave owners who made millions of the backs of free labor!!!!

You’re a fool if you protect the rich....a damn fool.

This is a consumer based economy...they rich dont create jobs....us poor shoppers do!!!! We aint got no money to buy things so the economy is tanking. But the rich are still crazy rich.
clay

Harrison, AR

#7 Mar 20, 2013
Why not wrote:
Our social security is not a handout no matter how much some of the gop want to say it,plus tell me some jobs around here that pay 25 an hour.I know at least 20 people who would jump on it,call mcdonalds and walmart and ask them what they pay.my granddaughter works at walmart,she'd laugh you out of town for that one.Whatever minuim wage is that is what they pay,yes when you make 6.00 dollars an hour especially if you have a child that needs a lot of medical help,there is just no way you can make it on what is really paid around here,so to get help,you are right a person would have to be a fool to work and let their child suffer,you just got your figures mixed up.too much[way too much on whhat they'll earn.
wrong

Chicago, IL

#8 Mar 21, 2013
Why not wrote:
that may be minimum wage in California, but not Kentucky.
Shyster

London, KY

#9 Mar 21, 2013
Damn the fools.

That is an average from the top CEO to the lowest guy sweeping the floor. It is around 25.00 pH.

Do the democrats look at their "paychecks" and think that amount is all the employers are out?

Damn the fools.
clay

Harrison, AR

#10 Mar 21, 2013
Shyster wrote:
Damn the fools.
That is an average from the top CEO to the lowest guy sweeping the floor. It is around 25.00 pH.
Do the democrats look at their "paychecks" and think that amount is all the employers are out?
Damn the fools.
Do the republicians do the same?
yepyep

Elizabethtown, KY

#11 Mar 21, 2013
where wrote:
The whole story is a joke but that wont stop them from complaining about it like its real.
how come

Morehead, KY

#12 Mar 21, 2013
Low Pay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah those "takers" such as -
The elderly disabled who have worked all their lives for low wages and have to live in a nursing home( lazy old people....all TAKERS!)
Children who are mentally handicapped/critically ill (damn lazy punks!)
People with heart/liver/kidney failure (Lazy bums!)
Down syndrome persons (stop acting! please you can work!)
Those dirty veterans! Wont work and fake PTSD AND CRY CAUSE THEY AINT GOT NO ARMS OR LEGS....lazy!!
Funny how you dont mention the takers who WEAR SUITS! Like dirty Mitch who makes around 15 million a year. You have been so blinded by lies of "Cadillac queens" which was a made up lie.
People do have jobs but the pay is so low that they still cant survive and they even qualify for stamps and medicaid cause their pay is SO low.
But damn if the CEOs and share holders aint living high on the hog!
The wal mart family makes millions a year.......hummmmmm just who are they taking that money from?
Let me tell you a little secret....if you see someone with lots and lots of money....they shafted someone somehow....
Just like the old slave owners who made millions of the backs of free labor!!!!
You’re a fool if you protect the rich....a damn fool.
This is a consumer based economy...they rich dont create jobs....us poor shoppers do!!!! We aint got no money to buy things so the economy is tanking. But the rich are still crazy rich.
How come you don't like successful people? Just because you had no ambition in life yourself and chose to be a taker? I know lots of people with lots of money and they worked their money and invested it and made more money. You should try it some time. Get a legitimate job and start saving all you can and invest it.
I doubt if any business hires employees without any expectation of making a profit. I assume you wouldn't want to employ anyone since you wouldn't dream of making a profit. What would be the point if your only expectation is only to break even?
humm

Elizabethtown, KY

#13 Mar 21, 2013
how come wrote:
<quoted text>
How come you don't like successful people? Just because you had no ambition in life yourself and chose to be a taker? I know lots of people with lots of money and they worked their money and invested it and made more money. You should try it some time. Get a legitimate job and start saving all you can and invest it.
I doubt if any business hires employees without any expectation of making a profit. I assume you wouldn't want to employ anyone since you wouldn't dream of making a profit. What would be the point if your only expectation is only to break even?
And what would you suggest someone INVEST in now that they wont loose every penny of it an more at this point..
You have the advise now give details as to how to make it work.
I know a few old people that are now living on SS supplemented with SSI because they lost their a@@ on their investments in recent years.
clay

Crossett, AR

#14 Mar 21, 2013
how come wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a big difference in making a fair profit,and using the slaves to get your azz rich.Com pare costo and walmart.
Shyster

London, KY

#15 Mar 21, 2013
clay wrote:
<quoted text>Do the republicians do the same?
Not at all. Since we are the ones paying the fed and state all the "other" money. That in turn get's placed on your EBT card.
Shyster

London, KY

#16 Mar 21, 2013
humm wrote:
<quoted text>
And what would you suggest someone INVEST in now that they wont loose every penny of it an more at this point..
I know a few old people that are now living on SS supplemented with SSI because they lost their a@@ on their investments in recent years.
In 1925 a 20 dollar US gold coin would feed and house a family of four for one month.

Today a 20 dollar gols piece will feed and house a family of four for one month.

If you can't understand that. Stay at MCDonalds.
humm

Elizabethtown, KY

#17 Mar 21, 2013
Shyster wrote:
<quoted text>
In 1925 a 20 dollar US gold coin would feed and house a family of four for one month.
Today a 20 dollar gols piece will feed and house a family of four for one month.
Ahhh yes gold..
Good investment but you need a little food to go along with that.
and providing the government doesnt decide to recall it under a national crisis...or we have another Executive Order 6102 like in 1933
But Investors wanting to buy gold should go with the popular bullion coins: Krugerrands or American Gold Eagles. These coins move dollar for dollar with the world price of gold and are easy to buy, sell, and trade. Additionally, tracking the value of these coins is easy. No “expert” has to look at them.
Now excuse me as I go back to McDonalds

A lot of people cant afford much gold now at over $1600 per oz.
how come

Morehead, KY

#18 Mar 21, 2013
humm wrote:
<quoted text>
You would need to get an investment broker to help you with that...and there is always a chance of losing. If you are not willing to take chances you could invest in tangible assets. Real estate, gold and other metals, antiques,etc.
seriously

London, KY

#19 Mar 21, 2013
where wrote:
Yeah I have a college degree and still don't make that much an hour.
seriously

London, KY

#20 Mar 21, 2013
Shyster wrote:
<quoted text>
You got any of the coins you can donate because I have a college degree and have a decent job, but still don't have a bunch of gold. So if you have extra I would greatly appreciate it....hahaha

Use logic please. If a 20 dollar gold piece is worth that much today then in order to get one you would have to pay that much for it so where is the profit in that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min USA 166,443
Xerox conduent question 25 min Needtoknow 1
Shaunna parks (May '11) 1 hr Redhound 18
Can Christians Backslide and Go to Hell? (Nov '08) 1 hr The real born again 433
Libs dem demand new York be nuke 2 hr wowed 6
dollar mart by the pepsi plant (Sep '10) 2 hr Old Fellow 40
NIBROC wrist bands (Aug '09) 3 hr Hustler 72

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance