How much for junk hauled away

Posted in the Keavy Forum

Dave

Somerset, KY

#1 May 2, 2013
I need some stuff hauled off... leave your number or way to contact. I live in the Corbin city limits..
citydweller

Middlesboro, KY

#2 May 2, 2013
Just leave it near the curb and the city has a dump truck that drives around and picks up junk, broken furniture etc for free. Basically anything that the garbage wont take.
dave

Somerset, KY

#3 May 3, 2013
citydweller wrote:
Just leave it near the curb and the city has a dump truck that drives around and picks up junk, broken furniture etc for free. Basically anything that the garbage wont take.
That is not so! I had extra bags and stuff out by the curb and they charged me for picking it up. Took them two weeks but they did charge more for it than if I had my own truck I could have hauled it away cheaper... This aint Barbourville where they will pick it up the same day...lol
citydweller

Middlesboro, KY

#4 May 3, 2013
dave wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not so! I had extra bags and stuff out by the curb and they charged me for picking it up. Took them two weeks but they did charge more for it than if I had my own truck I could have hauled it away cheaper... This aint Barbourville where they will pick it up the same day...lol
Yes it is so. My family has owned a house on Engineer St. in Corbin since 1961 and I have lived there for 6 years. I have put bed frames, mattress and box springs, broken furniture, exercise equipment, etc out by the curb and the truck comes and takes it and I have never been charged more than the regular garbage rate. They may not get it the same day but if you call the Garbage Dept they may come faster.
ME TOO

London, KY

#5 May 4, 2013
YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!!!!! WE HAD TO PAY EXTRA TO HAVE STUFF HAULED AWAY!!!!! SO SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!! CALL THE CITY AND FIND OUT FOR YOUR SELF DIP STICK
citydweller

Middlesboro, KY

#6 May 4, 2013
ME TOO wrote:
YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!!!!! WE HAD TO PAY EXTRA TO HAVE STUFF HAULED AWAY!!!!! SO SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!! CALL THE CITY AND FIND OUT FOR YOUR SELF DIP STICK
Wow you are so wrong and also crazy. I dont need to call the city and ask because I know I am right. And typing in all caps or "yelling" only makes you look even crazier.
me too

Somerset, KY

#7 May 4, 2013
you wish you were right!!!!!!!!!! Dont talk about something you dont know anything about!!!!!!!!!!
Really

Middlesboro, KY

#8 May 4, 2013
citydweller wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow you are so wrong and also crazy. I dont need to call the city and ask because I know I am right. And typing in all caps or "yelling" only makes you look even crazier.
Citydweller is right. I live in the city on Oaklawn, we put stuff out all the time and the city truck comes around and gets it. No extra charge. We put tree debris, stumps, etc. picked up, no extra charge. We have put out lawn furniture, couches, chairs, etc. They are always picked up at no extra charge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boxer "rocky" drug behind vehicle 1 hr truth _1 6
PS4-8Games-2Controllers FOR SALE 4 hr PS4 FOR SALE 1
rising sales of us constitution put DHS on alert 4 hr Logical 7
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr spaceship 136,050
everyone here is on something 6 hr wow 1
What kind of store does Corbin need? 6 hr Curious 1
cta 7 hr Anon 1
More from around the web

Keavy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]