Gotscrewed

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Has anyone heard about someone getting visa card information from Shilohs? They got mine, and I'm told I wasn't the only one.
NotTheOnlyOne

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Gotscrewed wrote:
Has anyone heard about someone getting visa card information from Shilohs? They got mine, and I'm told I wasn't the only one.
If it makes you feel any better, you are not the only one. I don't know the exact number, but there have been several numbers stolen. There has been as much as a thousand or so missing from some accounts. I feel sorry for those of you having to deal with that, and I wish you the best of luck. This has been a known vulnerability at restaurants for some time; I am surprised it's taken it this long to show up in London. It would be easy for a crook to just stop off I-75, steal some numbers and then be on their way. Most restaurants store the card information, but it’s not secure. Everyone should be very careful using a card in any restaurant, not just Shiloh’s. It’s happened in the past at Zaxby’s, Outback, and others.
Got Screwed also

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

This has happened to me twice in a month.....God I hate a friggin' thief.....both times some azzhole tried to buy gift cards....succeeding most recently at a Walmart, but failing the first time.
chickenlittle

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

This is happening at Zaxbys restaurants chain also.Lots of people have had their info stolen.
Must Hate Scott

Williamsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

All lies.
katy

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

don't know if it is true or not,but i would never use a credit card at a restuarant,use cash,if you have to charge food,you can't afford to eat.
Bumfuzzled

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

I think you all are total idiots for using cards anyways. Why in the world does people not use cash anymore?
Bumfuzzled

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

And i agree!! If you have to charge it you cant afford it!
Ready to play

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Bumfuzzled wrote:
And i agree!! If you have to charge it you cant afford it!
A debit card is not charging anything. The money is in the bank, just not in your pocket.
pityu

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Ready to play wrote:
<quoted text>
A debit card is not charging anything. The money is in the bank, just not in your pocket.
some people are just to dumb to realize that.
i use my credit card a lot too for reward points and pay it in full when the bill comes.there are responsible ways to use them but you cant explain that to people that are broke.
Really

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

pityu wrote:
<quoted text>
some people are just to dumb to realize that.
i use my credit card a lot too for reward points and pay it in full when the bill comes.there are responsible ways to use them but you cant explain that to people that are broke.
My husband and I do the same we charge groceries, gas etc. all month long and pay in full each month. We enjoy the reward points and its not that we are broke by far.
Eugene eugenous

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Tell me something there bub, if you would use cash would you be having this problem? Enough said! End of topic discussion!
CC User

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Eugene, You are a pompus idiot. It is not the end of the discussion. I used my American Express points for two round trips tickets to Maui last September. What did you get for spending cash for the last couple years? It took over two years to build the points and I put everything possible on the card but it was worth it in the end. My AMEX balance is zero and I've never had a problem of any kind with the card and I've used it all over the country.
Be Careful

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Do not use a bank card or any kind of credit card with them until they can figure out who is hacking people's accounts. Just went their this past Friday used a debit card and the bank let us know today that the acct had been hacked and they closed it until they can change our acct. number. And they told us the problem came from Shilohs Now their has to be some worker their pulling this crap and mangement needs to look into it. Just be careful using any kind of plastic.
Im always right

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

OK, This will settle it. If you have to pay with cash this means you do not qualify for a major credit card. Major Credit Card holders are your good credit people. A debit card is not a major credit card. You have to maintain a high status to be able to use a major credit card. Most people and I do say most that have to pay with cash have bad credit because they cant qualify for a major credit card. Hats off to the Lady with a AEX I too carry the AEX for Rewards and have flown many miles for free because I am a responsible adult that pays my bills.

“smiling on a cloudy day”

Since: Jan 09

Shakedown Street

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Be Careful wrote:
And they told us the problem came from Shilohs Now their has to be some worker their pulling this crap and mangement needs to look into it. Just be careful using any kind of plastic.
This story is bull.

I know something about the credit card/banking industry. If they tracked it down that quick and told you point-blank that they traced it back to Shiloh's(they never would) then they'd already have the perpetrator caught.

Not that I'm saying people aren't having their cards lifted, and not that it couldn't be Shiloh's. It is just your story that is fabricated.

I had my debit card number swiped once. To this day I have no clue who did it, because banks just eat the loss and move on. I suspect it was a local Mexican restaurant though, as I used my card there often and the infringing charges were from a Lowes store on the Arizona border.
Whatever

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Bronston Man wrote:
<quoted text>
This story is bull.
I know something about the credit card/banking industry. If they tracked it down that quick and told you point-blank that they traced it back to Shiloh's(they never would) then they'd already have the perpetrator caught.
Not that I'm saying people aren't having their cards lifted, and not that it couldn't be Shiloh's. It is just your story that is fabricated.
I had my debit card number swiped once. To this day I have no clue who did it, because banks just eat the loss and move on. I suspect it was a local Mexican restaurant though, as I used my card there often and the infringing charges were from a Lowes store on the Arizona border.
OKAY KNOW IT ALL, GUESS YOU KNOW EVERYONES BUSINESS AND WHAT HAPPENS TO THEM, WHO IN THE HELL WOULD MAKE UP THIS SHIT, IT HAPPENED JUST AS TOLD AND THIS PERSON WAS ONLY TRYING TO TELL OTHERS TO JUST BE CAREFUL OUT THIER WITH THEIR BANK CARDS.SHILOHS HAS BEEN HAVING ALOT OF TROUBLE WITH THIS. THIS STORY WAS NOT FABRICATED, MAYBE YOU ARE FABRICATED IN WHAT YOU THINK YOU KNOW.

“smiling on a cloudy day”

Since: Jan 09

Shakedown Street

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Caps lock, internet's cruise control for cool.
Anyways, their story claimed their bank called, canceled their debit cards, and then placed all the blame on Shiloh's. That's BS in its entirety.

Did they get their debit card swiped? Possibly. Did this happen at Shiloh's? Possibly.

Did their bank call them and blame a local business for fraudulent charges on their checking account? Absolutely not. If you believe that it just shows how gullible you are.

Think about it. What evidence would the bank have to back up their slanderous statements about a local business? Fraudulent charges appear on an account; there is no way of knowing where the card was compromised. It could have happened a year ago and just now been used illicitly. So again, how would the bank know it all originated at Shiloh's?

They wouldn't. Hell, they couldn't! You have no idea how credit card transactions are processed, or what it takes to steal a credit card and duplicate it.
abcde

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

My bank told me the same thing. Happened at shilohs and they got about 60 numbers from 1st National Bank customers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Keavy Discussions

Search the Keavy Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Greg Ryan 19 min Kadydid 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 21 min wtf 147,386
Illegal immagrants 1 hr Curmudgeon 264
art Hinkle and two girl 4x4 in ford truck over ... 2 hr pray please 2
Novitex (Jan '14) 2 hr Wavy 19
wow James Lewis havens (go's bye jimmy ) is the... 3 hr old friend 1
Galilean Children's Home near Corbin, Ky (Feb '09) 3 hr Leonard Griffiths 1,554
•••
•••
•••
•••

Keavy Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000