In the News-Green Beret killed by son...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SpeakUp

Eustis, FL

#26 Jun 13, 2013
A Navy Seal survives the worst, only to come home and be killed...by a gun.

A Green Beret survives the worst, only to come home and be killed...by a gun.
Blue Boy

Whitley City, KY

#27 Jun 13, 2013
SpeakUp wrote:
A Navy Seal survives the worst, only to come home and be killed...by a gun.

A Green Beret survives the worst, only to come home and be killed...by a gun.
Dr. Double Take,
It appears you continue to have double standards. Someone supposedly from Chicago should know about guns I guess. I hope others read what you have posted on here.
SpeakUp

Eustis, FL

#28 Jun 14, 2013
The daughter of one of the Connecticut teachers is getting married.

She said he Mother so very much liked her choice for a husband and her Mother was with her when she picked out her dress, but it was her Mother who lunged at the gunman in an attempt to protect the children and others, but....a gun ended her life.

Now this bride won't have her Mother to enjoy her excitement with, which is something all brides need....their Mom. She's gone...taken down by a bullet.

This daughter begs for gun control support and has stated if a background check saves one life, it's worth it.

God Bless this bride-to-be. On what is suppose to be the happiest day of her life...it will be bittersweet. No Mom. When my daughter was married, I can't even fathom not having been by her side every step of the way....the planning, the gown, the accessories, the alterations, the invitations, the guest list, wedding entertainment, the reception, what to serve, flowers for the table, seating arrangements...the list goes on. This beautiful girl will not have her Mother by her side....all because of a gun. So uncessary.
Blue Boy

Whitley City, KY

#29 Jun 14, 2013
SpeakUp wrote:
The daughter of one of the Connecticut teachers is getting married.

She said he Mother so very much liked her choice for a husband and her Mother was with her when she picked out her dress, but it was her Mother who lunged at the gunman in an attempt to protect the children and others, but....a gun ended her life.

Now this bride won't have her Mother to enjoy her excitement with, which is something all brides need....their Mom. She's gone...taken down by a bullet.

This daughter begs for gun control support and has stated if a background check saves one life, it's worth it.

God Bless this bride-to-be. On what is suppose to be the happiest day of her life...it will be bittersweet. No Mom. When my daughter was married, I can't even fathom not having been by her side every step of the way....the planning, the gown, the accessories, the alterations, the invitations, the guest list, wedding entertainment, the reception, what to serve, flowers for the table, seating arrangements...the list goes on. This beautiful girl will not have her Mother by her side....all because of a gun. So uncessary.
So...you say it's okay to blow people away then try for a sympathy vote??? Are you borderline personality?!?!

Regardless, that indeed is tragic instance of mental illness. An average 700 people a year get killed by toasters but I don't see anyone trying to change the constitution because of it.
SpeakUp

Eustis, FL

#30 Jun 15, 2013
Toasters are meant to make toast.

Guns are manufactured specifically....to kill.
SpeakUp

Eustis, FL

#31 Jun 15, 2013
SpeakUp wrote:
The daughter of one of the Connecticut teachers is getting married.
She said he Mother so very much liked her choice for a husband and her Mother was with her when she picked out her dress, but it was her Mother who lunged at the gunman in an attempt to protect the children and others, but....a gun ended her life.
Now this bride won't have her Mother to enjoy her excitement with, which is something all brides need....their Mom. She's gone...taken down by a bullet.
This daughter begs for gun control support and has stated if a background check saves one life, it's worth it.
God Bless this bride-to-be. On what is suppose to be the happiest day of her life...it will be bittersweet. No Mom. When my daughter was married, I can't even fathom not having been by her side every step of the way....the planning, the gown, the accessories, the alterations, the invitations, the guest list, wedding entertainment, the reception, what to serve, flowers for the table, seating arrangements...the list goes on. This beautiful girl will not have her Mother by her side....all because of a gun. So uncessary.
Worth repeating on behalf of the daughter of Mother who gave her life to save lives....from a gun.
Anonymous

Whitley City, KY

#32 Jun 16, 2013
SpeakUp wrote:
<quoted text>
Worth repeating on behalf of the daughter of Mother who gave her life to save lives....from a gun.
Speakup it appears you are struggling here. You are making everyone's point on this topic by attempting to use tragedy due to your inability to debate. I use to enjoy reading some of your post but this is truly pathetic garbage. I'm not for kids with guns but I am for the constitution.

Blue Guy is leading you around by the nose and making you look simple minded. You are letting him get under your skin and people team up against you. Just ignore him and move on if your intent is to share the liberal message because currently you are making the GOP happy.

“smiling on a cloudy day”

Since: Jan 09

Shakedown Street

#33 Jun 16, 2013
SpeakUp wrote:
Toasters are meant to make toast.
Guns are manufactured specifically....to kill.
If that were true, how come less than 0.001% of all guns manufactured are ever used to kill a person?

Far more guns are used every year to target shoot than to kill another human. So how can you say guns are manufactured with one sole reason...to kill?

Logic dictates otherwise.
Blue Boy

Whitley City, KY

#34 Jun 16, 2013
Bronston Man wrote:
<quoted text>If that were true, how come less than 0.001% of all guns manufactured are ever used to kill a person?

Far more guns are used every year to target shoot than to kill another human. So how can you say guns are manufactured with one sole reason...to kill?

Logic dictates otherwise.
She would have to be logical so...
SpeakUp

Eustis, FL

#35 Jun 16, 2013
Bronston Man wrote:
<quoted text>
If that were true, how come less than 0.001% of all guns manufactured are ever used to kill a person?
Far more guns are used every year to target shoot than to kill another human. So how can you say guns are manufactured with one sole reason...to kill?
Logic dictates otherwise.
Tell me Bronston, is there any real purpose in targeting shooting? They have targets alright and your 0.001% is so far fetched, it's beyond pathetic. More than that are killed in Chicago every year!

I repeat. Guns are manufactured for one reason...to kill. Target practice is a back drop...a false face for the real truth.

Further, I'm not sure that I care it's 0.001% as you propose. 1 life taken that could have been prevented is 1 too many. It could be your Mother, your child, your Sister or Brother. I don't know about you, but one bullet isn't worth one of my children's lives. The idea they are built for target practice is one idea this new bride to be could have lived without because now, she has no Mother to stand by her side. A bullet took her life.

It doesn't matter how much you love guns or you love target practice. It's not just a piece of metal. It's not just blowing a Pepsi bottle part. It's something in your hand that could take someone's life accidentally that has no real necessary purpose whatsoever....except to kill.
SpeakUp

Eustis, FL

#36 Jun 16, 2013
depopulo wrote:
<quoted text>
Speakup it appears you are struggling here. You are making everyone's point on this topic by attempting to use tragedy due to your inability to debate. I use to enjoy reading some of your post but this is truly pathetic garbage. I'm not for kids with guns but I am for the constitution.
Blue Guy is leading you around by the nose and making you look simple minded. You are letting him get under your skin and people team up against you. Just ignore him and move on if your intent is to share the liberal message because currently you are making the GOP happy.
You blew it Blue Boy. Williamsburg? lmao Huh, I don't plan on going anywhere, so stay with me here if you plan to work your agenda.
Blue Boy

Whitley City, KY

#37 Jun 16, 2013
SpeakUp wrote:
<quoted text>Tell me Bronston, is there any real purpose in targeting shooting? They have targets alright and your 0.001% is so far fetched, it's beyond pathetic. More than that are killed in Chicago every year!

I repeat. Guns are manufactured for one reason...to kill. Target practice is a back drop...a false face for the real truth.

Further, I'm not sure that I care it's 0.001% as you propose. 1 life taken that could have been prevented is 1 too many. It could be your Mother, your child, your Sister or Brother. I don't know about you, but one bullet isn't worth one of my children's lives. The idea they are built for target practice is one idea this new bride to be could have lived without because now, she has no Mother to stand by her side. A bullet took her life.

It doesn't matter how much you love guns or you love target practice. It's not just a piece of metal. It's not just blowing a Pepsi bottle part. It's something in your hand that could take someone's life accidentally that has no real necessary purpose whatsoever....except to kill.
Dr. Shot Gun
You stated they had purpose on this very thread. You said they could be used to blow people away.

Wasn't that you or was it Bush?!?! LOL
Blue Boy

Whitley City, KY

#38 Jun 16, 2013
SpeakUp wrote:
<quoted text>You blew it Blue Boy. Williamsburg? lmao Huh, I don't plan on going anywhere, so stay with me here if you plan to work your agenda.
Dr. Paranoid,
What crap are you spreading now? Believe it or not there are several people that think you are nuts. My guess several from Williamsburg, Corbin, London, etc.
Blue Boy

Whitley City, KY

#39 Jun 16, 2013
SpeakUp wrote:
<quoted text>Tell me Bronston, is there any real purpose in targeting shooting? They have targets alright and your 0.001% is so far fetched, it's beyond pathetic. More than that are killed in Chicago every year!

I repeat. Guns are manufactured for one reason...to kill. Target practice is a back drop...a false face for the real truth.

Further, I'm not sure that I care it's 0.001% as you propose. 1 life taken that could have been prevented is 1 too many. It could be your Mother, your child, your Sister or Brother. I don't know about you, but one bullet isn't worth one of my children's lives. The idea they are built for target practice is one idea this new bride to be could have lived without because now, she has no Mother to stand by her side. A bullet took her life.

It doesn't matter how much you love guns or you love target practice. It's not just a piece of metal. It's not just blowing a Pepsi bottle part. It's something in your hand that could take someone's life accidentally that has no real necessary purpose whatsoever....except to kill.
Dr. Liar,
Once again these are your words-
"There was a case in Chicago, except it was man to man and the homeowner was being robbed, also unknowing whether or not the robber would shoot him. The homeowner happened to be ex-military and blew the robber to smithereens. In this case, it was justifiable."
Follower of SuckUp

London, KY

#40 Jun 17, 2013
SpeakUp wrote:
..and you are obsessed.
That was a completely different case and the man was ex military. He was a military expert with a gun on a robber. This was a gun sitting right out in the open garage where any kid or lunatic could have gotten hold of it.
And don't try to act like I'm making a political issue out of it. Guns aren't political. They kill when in the hands of the wrong people. In this case, it's a crying shame that your obsession with guns will cause this 4 yr. old to live a life of regret and anguish.
Try your reverse pyschology on someone else. You're just flat too stupid for me.
Stupidity cannot be outlawed or controlled SuckUp; if it could you and your kind would be muzzled and spayed.

“smiling on a cloudy day”

Since: Jan 09

Shakedown Street

#42 Jun 17, 2013
SpeakUp wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me Bronston, is there any real purpose in targeting shooting? They have targets alright and your 0.001% is so far fetched, it's beyond pathetic. More than that are killed in Chicago every year!
11,000 murders / 310,000,000 guns =.0035%

You're right, my math was a little off.

.0035%, or 3 out of every 100,000 are used for murder. How can anyone logically say, looking at those numbers, that all a gun a used for is killing people? The vast majority of firearms are never used by a VAST majority of gun owners to commit murder.

Yet those that espouse your viewpoint want to forcefully take those guns away from their lawful owners.

It's baffling. No amount of sporadic sob stories will change simple statistics.
funny

United States

#45 Jun 17, 2013
SpeakUp wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me Bronston, is there any real purpose in targeting shooting? They have targets alright and your 0.001% is so far fetched, it's beyond pathetic. More than that are killed in Chicago every year!
I repeat. Guns are manufactured for one reason...to kill. Target practice is a back drop...a false face for the real truth.
Further, I'm not sure that I care it's 0.001% as you propose. 1 life taken that could have been prevented is 1 too many. It could be your Mother, your child, your Sister or Brother. I don't know about you, but one bullet isn't worth one of my children's lives. The idea they are built for target practice is one idea this new bride to be could have lived without because now, she has no Mother to stand by her side. A bullet took her life.
It doesn't matter how much you love guns or you love target practice. It's not just a piece of metal. It's not just blowing a Pepsi bottle part. It's something in your hand that could take someone's life accidentally that has no real necessary purpose whatsoever....except to kill.
It ah like you that will get their children or grandchildren killed by a obama voter in chitago.
People need guns because of nuts that think like you.
SpeakUp

Eustis, FL

#47 Jun 17, 2013
Guns kill.

The young bride-to-be who lost her Mother to a gun in Connecticut, believes gun laws are ....a good thing. I bet her Mother would feel that way too..don't you?

“smiling on a cloudy day”

Since: Jan 09

Shakedown Street

#50 Jun 18, 2013
SpeakUp wrote:
Guns kill.
The young bride-to-be who lost her Mother to a gun in Connecticut, believes gun laws are ....a good thing. I bet her Mother would feel that way too..don't you?
No, I don't think so. Her mother would fervently oppose any gun law, and probably smack her daughter for trying to get legislation passed that would deny rights to law-abiding citizens and do nothing to stop insane people who shoot others.

In fact, she would probably join the NRA.

See it's easy, and somewhat tactless, to attribute words and thoughts to a dead woman.
Blue Boy

Whitley City, KY

#51 Jun 18, 2013
Bronston Man wrote:
<quoted text>No, I don't think so. Her mother would fervently oppose any gun law, and probably smack her daughter for trying to get legislation passed that would deny rights to law-abiding citizens and do nothing to stop insane people who shoot others.

In fact, she would probably join the NRA.

See it's easy, and somewhat tactless, to attribute words and thoughts to a dead woman.
Very good point!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
green light on outside front door (Jan '11) 48 min RUBBERxDUCKY93 138
good places to go metal detecting in Corbin my. 1 hr Bootlicker 8
who do girl like more country boys or city boys? (Oct '08) 1 hr Alwayscountry10 1,051
Union organization at Corbin Walmart 2 hr Ex-employee 15
were can you go metal detecting at in corbin ky 2 hr Buster 2
Gas station across from the pilot station 2 hr Nosey rosey 21
Scott Shelton??? 3 hr Met on the parkway 29

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keavy Mortgages