Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

The new Chinese place is really really good. Their soups are amazing and rice is even better. Definitely ten times better than wah weng. Yes, I know they made a mistake in Williamsburg with the deer and that was a really bad mistake, but Corbin is FILLED with people who have made mistakes and moved on with their lives. I think it's a shame we don't give the Chinese restaurant a chance to succeed in Corbin. It's family owned and they seem like really sweet people. We shouldn't be so judgmental - I'm sure they have learned their lesson and would never do anything like that ever again. It's definitely worth checking out. No one is perfect, and certainly no one in Corbin has led a perfect life - everyone here has something they aren't proud of that they've tried to move on from - and to those who have succeeded I say Congratulations! We should try to do the same for these lovely asian folks who work so hard to provide us with a tasty alternative.
Hop a long

Middlesboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

A friend of mine ate there and said it was delicious. I have been watching while they remodeled and plan to give it a try. We need to support our business if we can
PewPew

Williamsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

Restaurant wrote:
<quoted text>
False. It wasn't roadkill. Someone had killed it without a tag and they were going to eat it themselves. Obviously, it was illegal, but cross-cultural mistakes happen.
I guarantee the workers at the restaurant are cleaner and work harder than most places in town. I would at least give it a shot before I judged it.
<p>
Did you even watch/read the news when this happened? While I agree with what you said about mistakes happening and to give the place a shot, your "False. It wasn't roadkill" is completely wrong. They admitted they got the deer off the side of I-75 after it had been hit by a car.:/
Oh me

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

Love the Asians wrote:
The new Chinese place is really really good. Their soups are amazing and rice is even better. Definitely ten times better than wah weng. Yes, I know they made a mistake in Williamsburg with the deer and that was a really bad mistake, but Corbin is FILLED with people who have made mistakes and moved on with their lives.
Why in heavens name would you even bring this up again? It did more harm than good! Or was it your true intentions to start that mess all over again for them? Just let it rest already. If the food is that good then word gets around eventually. Topix isn't the place to pat someone on the back. I'm sure you knew this already!

Oh well, it is what it is now. Congratulations on bringing up negative feedback again. Some of you have so little common sense that all of it combined wouldn't fill up a bottle cap.
dirty

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

PewPew wrote:
<quoted text><p>
Did you even watch/read the news when this happened? While I agree with what you said about mistakes happening and to give the place a shot, your "False. It wasn't roadkill" is completely wrong. They admitted they got the deer off the side of I-75 after it had been hit by a car.:/
Uhh ya it was roadkill for sure... Thats just disgusting and dangerous. It could have been disease infested.. Yuck
ABC123

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Love the Asians wrote:
The new Chinese place is really really good.
I agree it is good..........
poor quality

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2013

I gave this place a chance despite the negative press. I order the fried dumplings, and fried rice my partner ordered sesame chicken. This was a take out order. The fried dumplings were still doughy, the proper sauce that goes with it was not the garlic-ginger normally served. What was served was hoisin sauce. When called and ask about his error, I was told that was the correct sauce. I speculate they did not have the correct sauce and just poured out hoisin sauce because they were rushing. I've eaten at some great Chinese restaurants around the world and just because I'm ordering Chinese in Corbin KY do not treat me like I'm uneducated. Luckily I know how to make the proper dipping sauce myself and had the ingredients at home. The rice, was uneatable. Either they put it in a wok that had something that had been burned and did not bother to clean the burnt bits out or they used old oil that had something had been burned in, because the rice itself was not burned, but had burnt black flex all threw it and tasted like charcoal. I tried my friends chicken, it was okay, what you find at any standard Chinese take away. Will I eat there again or recommend it? No. Not because of past publicity, but because from the meal I received I can tell that putting out good quality food (right sauce, clean your pan or use new oil)was not a priority.
foodie

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2013

poor quality wrote:
I gave this place a chance despite the negative press. I order the fried dumplings, and fried rice my partner ordered sesame chicken. This was a take out order. The fried dumplings were still doughy, the proper sauce that goes with it was not the garlic-ginger normally served. What was served was hoisin sauce. When called and ask about his error, I was told that was the correct sauce. I speculate they did not have the correct sauce and just poured out hoisin sauce because they were rushing. I've eaten at some great Chinese restaurants around the world and just because I'm ordering Chinese in Corbin KY do not treat me like I'm uneducated. Luckily I know how to make the proper dipping sauce myself and had the ingredients at home. The rice, was uneatable. Either they put it in a wok that had something that had been burned and did not bother to clean the burnt bits out or they used old oil that had something had been burned in, because the rice itself was not burned, but had burnt black flex all threw it and tasted like charcoal. I tried my friends chicken, it was okay, what you find at any standard Chinese take away. Will I eat there again or recommend it? No. Not because of past publicity, but because from the meal I received I can tell that putting out good quality food (right sauce, clean your pan or use new oil)was not a priority.
Next time try King Buffet, they have great takeout and buffet.
the truth

Williamsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2013

that new chinese place is the place that got ran out of williamsburg for chopping up roadkill deer in their kitchen. they was called red flower or something like that there.
Molly Ringwald

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2013

Judged:

The new Chinese place is really really good. Their soups are amazing and rice is even better. Definitely ten times better than wah weng. Yes, I know they made a mistake in Williamsburg with the deer and that was a really bad mistake, but Corbin is FILLED with people who have made mistakes and moved on with their lives. I think it's a shame we don't give the Chinese restaurant a chance to succeed in Corbin. It's family owned and they seem like really sweet people. We shouldn't be so judgmental - I'm sure they have learned their lesson and would never do anything like that ever again. It's definitely worth checking out. No one is perfect, and certainly no one in Corbin has led a perfect life - everyone here has something they aren't proud of that they've tried to move on from - and to those who have succeeded I say Congratulations! We should try to do the same for these lovely asian folks who work so hard to provide us with a tasty alternative.
Hey Long Duck Dong, go blow out your sixteen candles!
USA

Middlesboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

You're right, I change my mind. Sorry. I shall eat at your establishment.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Keavy Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Keavy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance