Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81678 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

hum

Brodhead, KY

#97140 Apr 22, 2014
morning bird lovas. busy day ahead. i may be up to no good today :)

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#97141 Apr 22, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Anne.. Yes I am blessed and make every effort to enjoy life and all that GOD has in store for the remainder of my days, and I especially enjoy the Crabtree and Evelyn aromas that Sweet Polly wears lol.. particularly the "Spring Rain" and "Summerhill" flavors.

Speaking of spring rain, there is a slight drizzle out now as I watch the rising sun peak over the hill above my chicken house. I have a connection to over 225 years of GOD blessing my ancestors with sunlight shining down on this general area and who am I to not honor that gift or the sacrifices the ancestors made so that I can be here ?
It's not drizzling here yet but you can tell its on the way! My house faces the east and while there's a little orange in the sky, its mostly gray. The ladies seem to enjoy their freshly done home---swept clean, new floor straw, nesting box made more inviting..what more could they desire? The g'kid helped place the new straw so the straw floor is very generous! Lol.
May just try some nice scents like Sweet Polly wears--most tend to give me an instant headache. If I walk down the candle aisle at Wally World I get a headache from all the scented candles. Light scents seem to do okay for me and something named "Spring Rain" has to be light. Lol
Your roots are really deep in your corner of the world. This property Im on has been used by 6 generations--3 of those generations are living here at the present time, but a lot of the family lived at the other side of the county.

Have a wonderful day!
Preppers

United States

#97145 Apr 22, 2014
Be ready
imposter

Manchester, KY

#97146 Apr 22, 2014
Since it sort of corresponds to the current subject of discussion I have a little something more than usual to throw in today.
I took my locally made old Cherk originated spring tonic last night. The concoction has been known to inspire minor vision dreams when taken late at night and who knows if its a bit of indigestion that causes the vivid dreams or if its just because it's early spring or maybe there is a minor hallucinogenic effect when the ingredients are mixed just right, I dont know.
Here is what I dreamed for those who care to read:
I went to sleep contemplating religion and the universe.

I dreamed that I was zipping along at terrible speeds, at the very edge of the existence of matter, at the edge of the universe. It wasn't only traveling outward- expanding- at the edge but "forming" along the edge in a giant spear of creation -going ever out from the center. Things were just materializing. A small spot of helium started out like the flame of a bic lighter and proceed to fuse and grow, to the size of a beach ball, then to the size of a hot air balloon, then to the size of a planet, then it grew a hundred times bigger, specs of dust formed, grew and became circling planets around the new sun, it all seemingly sprang from nothing. Ever so often a black hole was formed and I somehow understood that they were a product of all this matter springing into being from nothing, it created a vacuum...a black hole every so often. All around this sphere of creation was a crackling energy of a different kind and it was "making." It said the universe is not only expanding, they are right about that, but it is also "making" as it goes. There was much more to the dream that I cant remember, but it ended in a peaceful, restful sleep.
The spring tonic was especially good this year! The energy boost I feel today was worth the bad taste lol. I hope it lasts most of the year.
Good day.
imposter

Manchester, KY

#97149 Apr 22, 2014
Lighten Up

Kearney, NE

#97150 Apr 22, 2014
Take a stand
I agree.

GENETIC MAKEUP.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#97152 Apr 23, 2014
Opposite of snakes....the masked raider,.....Mr. Raccoon I just can't kill. I think this rascal lives under my wood shop because the previous last two times that I've caught and turned him out, he's taken off and run under there. But this last time, he chewed a hole about 4 - 5" through the floor and got out in the night. This trap that I built some 5 years ago is made of wood and If I wanted to get "bad" I guess I'd buy one made of heavy rod/wire. But, the coon and I have this thing going so I'm gonna put a heavy wire screen down over the floor. Well, let's see,.......next he'll chew through the sides or somewhere in the top cause he's already done that once! Just our little game! I'm not, never was and never will be a coon hunter but I wish I could stay awake all night and just watch for him. "That's my story and I'm sssssstick'n to it!"
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97153 Apr 23, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
Opposite of snakes....the masked raider,.....Mr. Raccoon I just can't kill. I think this rascal lives under my wood shop because the previous last two times that I've caught and turned him out, he's taken off and run under there. But this last time, he chewed a hole about 4 - 5" through the floor and got out in the night. This trap that I built some 5 years ago is made of wood and If I wanted to get "bad" I guess I'd buy one made of heavy rod/wire. But, the coon and I have this thing going so I'm gonna put a heavy wire screen down over the floor. Well, let's see,.......next he'll chew through the sides or somewhere in the top cause he's already done that once! Just our little game! I'm not, never was and never will be a coon hunter but I wish I could stay awake all night and just watch for him. "That's my story and I'm sssssstick'n to it!"
Your coon story sounds much like my mouse story, I have a mouse that continues to eat whatever I put on the trap without springing the trap. I have used cheese, but the little critter seems to prefer peanut butter. He is a sneaky little critter because I can just get close to the trap with my goodies and the thing will snap on my finger. This mouse is surely obese by now. LOL
qwerty

Luck, WI

#97154 Apr 23, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text> Your coon story sounds much like my mouse story, I have a mouse that continues to eat whatever I put on the trap without springing the trap. I have used cheese, but the little critter seems to prefer peanut butter. He is a sneaky little critter because I can just get close to the trap with my goodies and the thing will snap on my finger. This mouse is surely obese by now. LOL
Reminds me of a comedian contemplating the technological advances in science......
He said "scientists have successfully cloned a mouse.....great....more mice!"

Location hidden

#97155 Apr 23, 2014
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>I'm with you. I don't need to understand any more than The Father gives me, that keeps me hoppin'. I have been very busy keeping up with the Social Security Administration, complying to requests for info on my disability. Got all done Friday I guess, my file has gone to Frankfurt on compassionate grounds for pancreatic cancer, the diabetes from losing most of my pancreas and the neuropathy from the six months of 24/7 chemo. But talk about blessings. I worked until the first of last year, waited a year to file. But I filed for VA comp back in 12/12 and I heard from them last week! Thank You Father! Things are progressing. My back pay from the VA will result in a nice tithe to the church. All will go to the Benevolent Fund and heavens, they need it. So many people hurting. And, here I am, still walking around after being told in April 2004 I had less than a year to live.

But, my lilac bush has finally bloomed this year! It was transplanted from my brother-in-law's old home place as a twig and we knew it would take a while. God saved all of its' glory for this year. It's tall and pretty good sized all around and smells great. What a blessing.

Would everyone please pray that my wifes cataract surgery goes well at 8:45 tomorrow morning? Left eye tomorrow, right in 2 weeks. It is described as a very simple procedure but she will be able to see without her glasses or contacts. If that's not a blessing, tell me what is....

I'm getting pretty good at this house-husband role but I may have met my match. I loaded up what has to be 3 weeks of whites last night in the washer and dryer. Just pulled everything out of the dryer and the basket it piled way over the top. Headed to the couch to see how long this takes. Time for meds and a pain shot so at least if I fall asleep and lean over, I'll be in a pile a of whites that smell like Snuggle.It seems like yesterday but just this morning I was out on the ramp changing oil in her big F350. 15 quarts of oil plus the filter and an air filter that has no clearance. Thank God I'm a Country Boy.(Even got the horses fed before dark-thirty)
How's the wife?? Just wondering about her cataract surgery and all...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97156 Apr 23, 2014
Ah Spring!! I just mowed this 2 acres last Thursday and it needs it again. At least I am not shoveling snow. LOL

Location hidden

#97159 Apr 23, 2014
Lol. The battle with raccoons and with mice! Lol. I've not battled raccoons but about a year ago I battled mice! The truck had a total of 5, including newborns. My car? 2. Other cars: 2. I did not just try to chase them off, I was out for the kill! Then one summer it was skunks. 3 of them took to coming to the back steps. One ended up losing its life and the other two were too scared and never returned. HOWEVER a couple days ago I smelled that familiar scent that means a skunk is passing through.. Keep on going buddy!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97170 Apr 23, 2014
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Anne,
Just back from her morning checkup, surgery went well yesterday. IT IS PERFECT! For the first time since she was 2 years old ,,,No Glasses or contacts. They took off the eye guard which has 2 strips of translucent tape that mainly blocked her vision. She can see perfectly well with no glasses or contacts except for her left eye. That surgery is the 6th of May but that eye is not nearly as bad. She is wearing a contact lens in that eye and NOTHING in the Right. She is on the phone with Mom bringing her up to speed then we are going to get on our knees and offer a prayer of thanks for the blessing to our Father. We say a lot of prayers together but as we cried out in front of the docs' office in Maysville we thought it only appropriate to get home and get on our knees.
Thanks so much for asking. I'll post progress reports after the 6th. Have a blessed day!
Rick
That is definitely good news.

Location hidden

#97172 Apr 23, 2014
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>Anne,
Just back from her morning checkup, surgery went well yesterday. IT IS PERFECT! For the first time since she was 2 years old ,,,No Glasses or contacts. They took off the eye guard which has 2 strips of translucent tape that mainly blocked her vision. She can see perfectly well with no glasses or contacts except for her left eye. That surgery is the 6th of May but that eye is not nearly as bad. She is wearing a contact lens in that eye and NOTHING in the Right. She is on the phone with Mom bringing her up to speed then we are going to get on our knees and offer a prayer of thanks for the blessing to our Father. We say a lot of prayers together but as we cried out in front of the docs' office in Maysville we thought it only appropriate to get home and get on our knees.

Thanks so much for asking. I'll post progress reports after the 6th. Have a blessed day!

Rick
I am so glad for her! She will love her new eyes!...and this is silly but she can buy some really cool sunglasses from off the rack! A half dozen pairs in all colors! Keep us posted!

Location hidden

#97173 Apr 23, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Ah Spring!! I just mowed this 2 acres last Thursday and it needs it again. At least I am not shoveling snow. LOL
Mow, mow, mow...now I've got to get another can of gas!
I did a little work with the tractor today. That leftover pile of dirt is now gone. I learned how to scoop up a full bucket of dirt and didn't make too big of a mess lol. Now I need to use a shovel and rake to smooth out the ground,
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#97175 Apr 23, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mow, mow, mow...now I've got to get another can of gas!
Maybe the "new" anti-exploding, etc. 5 gal.gas cans do not irritate ya all as they do me but I'll post this anyway! My two old, round, metal gas cans were stolen several years ago and I've had to replace them with today's plastic cans that will not pour quickly because they can't breath properly. Thanks to OSHA, they've intalled these little gadgets inside the trigger release handle and nozzle that keep the gas from coming out smoothly and rapidly. Now,....I can't stand in a bent over position for a very long time pouring creeping gas so one night when all three of the cans were empty, I took the nozzles off and went to the shop. I gutted all three of them and they were all three different in some ways. They all had a little spring-loaded baffle, O-rings and various triggers. But thanks to a drill, needle-nose pliers and a screw driver I can pour out the gas as fast as I want to without it "sloshing and squishing!" Those so-called safety devices are OK, I guess, for a two year old but I cleared the problem.........for me anyway.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97176 Apr 24, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text> Your coon story sounds much like my mouse story, I have a mouse that continues to eat whatever I put on the trap without springing the trap. I have used cheese, but the little critter seems to prefer peanut butter. He is a sneaky little critter because I can just get close to the trap with my goodies and the thing will snap on my finger. This mouse is surely obese by now. LOL
Mr. Fat Mouse might have had a big belly but his pea brain could not outsmart the old wolf man. Solution... 2 traps side by side and while Mr. Fat Mouse was trying to steal peanut butter goodies from one trap, the 2nd trap sitting right adjacent to it caught his arse. LOL Funeral services scheduled for 3:30 am. hehehe

Location hidden

#97177 Apr 24, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe the "new" anti-exploding, etc. 5 gal.gas cans do not irritate ya all as they do me but I'll post this anyway! My two old, round, metal gas cans were stolen several years ago and I've had to replace them with today's plastic cans that will not pour quickly because they can't breath properly. Thanks to OSHA, they've intalled these little gadgets inside the trigger release handle and nozzle that keep the gas from coming out smoothly and rapidly. Now,....I can't stand in a bent over position for a very long time pouring creeping gas so one night when all three of the cans were empty, I took the nozzles off and went to the shop. I gutted all three of them and they were all three different in some ways. They all had a little spring-loaded baffle, O-rings and various triggers. But thanks to a drill, needle-nose pliers and a screw driver I can pour out the gas as fast as I want to without it "sloshing and squishing!" Those so-called safety devices are OK, I guess, for a two year old but I cleared the problem.........for me anyway.
Lol. I don't have any metal cans but I have the plastic ones with the vent--which I invariably forget to open--! Somehow one of the caps disappeared and I went to buy a replacement cap. Those babies cost almost as much as a complete can with a cap!! Wow. So I pick cans-with-caps up at flea markets and yard sales for a couple of bucks. One can now sports a cap from a bottle of juice And its perfect! Now my diesel fuel can has that aggravating spring loaded cap. Being short, I stand on the tractor seat and fender to pour in the fuel., I can only manage a half full can at a time while standing on the seat pushing that button, pouring in the fuel. Quite the operation. Glad I don't have to use the tractor often!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97178 Apr 24, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. I don't have any metal cans but I have the plastic ones with the vent--which I invariably forget to open--! Somehow one of the caps disappeared and I went to buy a replacement cap. Those babies cost almost as much as a complete can with a cap!! Wow. So I pick cans-with-caps up at flea markets and yard sales for a couple of bucks. One can now sports a cap from a bottle of juice And its perfect! Now my diesel fuel can has that aggravating spring loaded cap. Being short, I stand on the tractor seat and fender to pour in the fuel., I can only manage a half full can at a time while standing on the seat pushing that button, pouring in the fuel. Quite the operation. Glad I don't have to use the tractor often!
I have a wide mouthed funnel tied to my plastic can with a string and took a razor knife and cut those notched things off that have to be squeezed to get the cap off for putting the fuel into the can that people like me with arthritic fingers can't squeeze and turn at the same time. Then I used the razor knife and cut off the entire safety apparatus leaving only the cap and about 2 inches of filler hose that pours easily into the funnel.

Location hidden

#97179 Apr 24, 2014
Necessity is the mother of invention!
Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fact-checking snopes- just a failed liberal blo... 4 min r sizemore 11
hillary closest aid admits she illegally burned... 7 min r sizemore 3
Hook up 10 min Pinky 31
Democratic donors, allies offer reward for Trum... 18 min r sizemore 2
Trump's connections to Russia go back years 28 min Shannon 1
Trump blames GOP as Dems top RNC ratings 36 min Shannon 2
DNC refuse to fly American flag 1 hr Lock Her Up 55

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance