Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81784 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94243 Nov 24, 2013
I forgot to turn the light on over the chicken waterer last night, so I suppose they have ice for breakfast. I will make amends with some warm water and some green beans for a treat to garnish their scratch grains. Then come get dressed and go to church and maybe the chickens will learn how to forgive also.
KyBrownEyes

Tampa, FL

#94244 Nov 24, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Suggest the following old song written by an itenerant preacher in 1911 who had spent all his money to board a train to go bring the Gospel to the Indian Nations. He would have preferred to stay home with his wife that was giving birth to their first child. While aboard the train, he was having a "pity party" as to why the bad people sometimes did as well or better than the good and would the Indians even understand him or care and was it just a waste of effort. A fellow passenger saw what he had written and gave him $2 for the lyrics and some years later his son published the lyrics along with accompanying music and it has become an old Gospel Standard even recorded by Elvis and many others.
"Tempted and tried, we are oft made to wonder. Why it should be thus all the day long? While there are others, living about us. Never molested, though in the wrong.
Farther Along, we will know all about it. Farther Along, we will understand why. Cheer up my Brother, live in the sunshine. We'll understand it, all by and by".
Good morning all.

Farther Along. Thank you AW for bringing the story of such a humble, honest song. Reading the lyrics made my heart dip a little yet put a smile on my face. The dip comes from all the memories of watching, hearing, studying my dad, a minister, play his guitar and sing this very song.
I'm struggling with the time of the year. I know I have to go on because my children are exploding with excitement, joy and anticipation if the holidays. I, on the other hand, wish I could lay in bed covered with my blanket, drowning in my tears, sorrow, and the long ago memories of all my family gathered together. I'm thankful God has given me a loving man, three beautiful children. Most thankful. But, I sure would love to have my mom, dad, sis, brothers in my circle one more time. I thought as years pass, that I would manage the hollow feeling in my heart more easily. I feel Ive worsen.
Sorry for the ramblings. Didn't know my heart and mind was in that mode this morning.
Anne

United States

#94245 Nov 24, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I forgot to turn the light on over the chicken waterer last night, so I suppose they have ice for breakfast. I will make amends with some warm water and some green beans for a treat to garnish their scratch grains. Then come get dressed and go to church and maybe the chickens will learn how to forgive also.
My chickens! My chickens!! I need to do something about their water. Should I get a heated waterer or what type of light bulb do you use? A heat lamp? I could put a heat lamp on a timer? My little flock is fairly close to electric so a long outdoor extension would work. I MUST take care of that today.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94246 Nov 24, 2013
KyBrownEyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning all.
Farther Along. Thank you AW for bringing the story of such a humble, honest song. Reading the lyrics made my heart dip a little yet put a smile on my face. The dip comes from all the memories of watching, hearing, studying my dad, a minister, play his guitar and sing this very song.
I'm struggling with the time of the year. I know I have to go on because my children are exploding with excitement, joy and anticipation if the holidays. I, on the other hand, wish I could lay in bed covered with my blanket, drowning in my tears, sorrow, and the long ago memories of all my family gathered together. I'm thankful God has given me a loving man, three beautiful children. Most thankful. But, I sure would love to have my mom, dad, sis, brothers in my circle one more time. I thought as years pass, that I would manage the hollow feeling in my heart more easily. I feel Ive worsen.
Sorry for the ramblings. Didn't know my heart and mind was in that mode this morning.
I am glad that song offered you some comfort even with the pain of the hollow feeling. This season could also drag me down if I allow it. Primarily because this season brings memories of the long term wife's health issues that began 10 years ago and she passed during the same time frame 8 years ago. As I near the end of this trail of life of my own, here is another old Gospel Standard that is dear to my heart and comforts me and is no doubt another that your father sang. I particularly like the Elvis version of this and Mahalia Jackson is awesome on it as well. Both can be heard via YouTube:

"Precious Lord, Take my Hand.. Lead me on, let me stand. I am tired, I am weak, I am worn. Through the storms, through the night; lead me on to the light. Take my hand Precious LORD, Lead me Home".
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94247 Nov 24, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
My chickens! My chickens!! I need to do something about their water. Should I get a heated waterer or what type of light bulb do you use? A heat lamp? I could put a heat lamp on a timer? My little flock is fairly close to electric so a long outdoor extension would work. I MUST take care of that today.
I just have one of those clamp on pan bowl lights (securely tied in palce to keep the chickens from knocking it loose) with a 60 watt bulb suspended around 18 inches above their water. It is in a corner out of the wind and the waterer is the bottom 1/2 of a 5 gallon plastic drywall bucket surrounded by a 2 X 4 frame to keep the bucket in place.
Anne

United States

#94248 Nov 24, 2013
A lot of churches are dropping the traditional songs from their services. That is so sad. On the other hand My BIL is the minister of music at his church and they informed him they wanted only traditional. It seems to be such a big controversy now. Some churches even offer both types of services on Sunday morning. While Growing up, our little church mixed it up with the old 3 songs (1st,2nd and last verses lol) and a lot of choruses during the "testimony service" . Now those choruses are generally called contemporary songs. But we had the best of both. Seems like the opposite ends of the spectrum could enhance their services by including both.
Anne

United States

#94249 Nov 24, 2013
Last week I attended funeral services at a church close to Winchester. None of the traditional songs and it was a beautiful service.
Some Day--there'll be no more sorrow.
Some Day--we'll walk hand in hand.
Some Day--maybe tomorrow
We'll walk together to the promised land.
We'll see Noah, and prophets of old,
Walls made of jasper, streets of pure gold, yet with all this there's nothing to compare--the face of our Savior, His Glory to share!

Not a traditional funeral but very heartwarming and joyous. Being at the church with the keyboard, guitars and computer made everything familiar and more comfortable for everyone. If you haven't guessed, this was a Pentecostal church funeral. Lol. Maybe if my moms, grandmothers, mother in laws december funerals had been like this I wouldn't find Christmas music/season so depressing.
Anne

United States

#94250 Nov 24, 2013
I'll stop by the farm store today and pick up a light so these chickens will have better accommodations! Have a great day!
Madrid

Campton, KY

#94253 Nov 24, 2013
happen
scary wrote:
New Madrid earthquake getting ready to happen. Look it up.
what now

United States

#94254 Nov 24, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:

Lol! I love reading your stuff! Makes me smile and relaxes me everytime.

As for me, I fed the animals at warp speed, and ran for the warm house. Maybe they're still surprised.

My brother, quite the curious inventor type, hey, he knows what kind of apple an apple is by counting the humps, and looking at the coloring. Apple an apple.. lol. Well, back to the story, he found electrolite liquid to put in the cattles water to keep it from freezing. There is a ball you put in there and the water looks like.. gatorade?
He also says there is an electric current going through the rivers, lakes, and streams flowing one direction, and too much in one area is unhealthy to drink, causing illnesses..(lots of cancer in these counties around here, also mineral deficiencies) Well, I hope I got that wrote right.
All this spacing makes for a lot of space. Easier reading, I see.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#94256 Nov 24, 2013
I dont know where that rap came from myself. I was sitting in traffic in Lexington years ago, and this car pulled up behind my truck...and this big BOOM BOOM DE-BA-BOOM BOOM stuff just started up right loud like thunder, and old Imposter almost crapped his overalls. Man oh man, I though Judgment had overtook me right there on Man o War! Yuk that ain't no music.
Don't forget the old funky stuff though! If you dont like funk dont click it baby.

CLICK! TM-R (all rights reserved by wolfco international, inc,)

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#94257 Nov 24, 2013
Imposter wrote:
I dont know where that rap came from myself. I was sitting in traffic in Lexington years ago, and this car pulled up behind my truck...and this big BOOM BOOM DE-BA-BOOM BOOM stuff just started up right loud like thunder, and old Imposter almost crapped his overalls. Man oh man, I though Judgment had overtook me right there on Man o War! Yuk that ain't no music.
Don't forget the old funky stuff though! If you dont like funk dont click it baby.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =jdiB3cISeBkXX

The only rap song I know is Rappers Delight
"Hotel, Motel, Holiday Inn-- if your girl starts acting up, then you take her friend..."
Anne

United States

#94258 Nov 24, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I just have one of those clamp on pan bowl lights (securely tied in palce to keep the chickens from knocking it loose) with a 60 watt bulb suspended around 18 inches above their water. It is in a corner out of the wind and the waterer is the bottom 1/2 of a 5 gallon plastic drywall bucket surrounded by a 2 X 4 frame to keep the bucket in place.
I did it. Got the light and a red heat bulb. Ran that extension cord from the house to the shed. Clamped the light to a wall stud and also tied it to a hook. The pan is just a metal feed pan . Tonight's the trial night . Thanks for the input!!
Now bigger stuff. Better half is going to be Medicare age in about 7 months. What's the best supplemental insurance?
qwerty

Butler, KY

#94259 Nov 24, 2013
Imposter wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =jdiB3cISeBkXX
Give this a try... by the group Hayseed Dixie
http://youtu.be/NRng2sZCAEI
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94260 Nov 24, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I did it. Got the light and a red heat bulb. Ran that extension cord from the house to the shed. Clamped the light to a wall stud and also tied it to a hook. The pan is just a metal feed pan . Tonight's the trial night . Thanks for the input!!
Now bigger stuff. Better half is going to be Medicare age in about 7 months. What's the best supplemental insurance?
Sorry, but I can't answer your question on the best Medicare supplement insurance as far as a company except to say that I personally would stay away from the Network Plans. My pre-Medicare health coverage under my prior empployment was one of those Network plans and I had to take the wife 96 miles away for physical therapy when it was available right down the street.
lol

Louisville, KY

#94261 Nov 24, 2013
when will death for profit die?
Imposter

London, KY

#94262 Nov 24, 2013
qwerty wrote:
<quoted text>
Give this a try... by the group Hayseed Dixie
http://youtu.be/NRng2sZCAEI
Ha! qwerty you kill me. LMAO yo shizzle!
Damn funny stuff man. You know that one about "your my angle" weren't so bad now that I think about it. Who was it that done that one? Snoopy puff shaggy doggy or something like that. It had a reggae part or two in it, I did kinda like it. Heck I'll dig it up, and dig on it some.
Imposter

London, KY

#94263 Nov 24, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but I can't answer your question on the best Medicare supplement insurance as far as a company except to say that I personally would stay away from the Network Plans. My pre-Medicare health coverage under my prior empployment was one of those Network plans and I had to take the wife 96 miles away for physical therapy when it was available right down the street.
When I was one of the working poor I just kept a band-aid in my billfold. A lot of money could have been saved -not to mention (but I'm mentioning it anyway so why did I even bother with the not to mention part? If I was going to mention the VERY THING I said "not to mention for in the first dang place" immediately afterwards, but I digress)- a good deal of good health for me....lost my train of thought...OH yeah, I would have been better off and the ruling entity that is now our government would have saved money too, if I had- had just a little info on preventive measures for hypertension and early type 2, both sticking out like a sore thumb for decades....Oh well.
You win some you lose some I blew this post early on anyways....
Good night people.
Imposter

London, KY

#94264 Nov 24, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
The only rap song I know is Rappers Delight
"Hotel, Motel, Holiday Inn-- if your girl starts acting up, then you take her friend..."
I had to look that up. Sugar Hill Gang...good name. Not a bad beat too, is that rap? Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. Here is the very first rap attempt to top the charts, I recon. I was just downing the style, now I'm sitting here listening to it!

Imposter

London, KY

#94265 Nov 24, 2013
BTW I'd drink her bath water.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 21 min ChromiuMan 148,104
libs say shooting in self- defense is illegal 1 hr Liberte 3
Gutters? 3 hr New homeowner 4
The twist and shout new restaurant 5 hr blacklisted 44
james day of williamsburg (Jun '09) 7 hr his friend 13
Gay Corbin (Sep '08) 10 hr RuPaul 170
Racist people in Corbin (Mar '11) 10 hr COLON POWELL 112
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keavy Mortgages