Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81766 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#93971 Nov 12, 2013
Imposter wrote:
Well I guess my ship didn't come in after all. Entire fortunes were made and lost in my mind, just in the last few mins.
You're not going to believe this but it turned out that thread was posted by a dude folks....
Back to the drawing board.
If at first you don't succeed --- buy buy again
Imposter

Busy, KY

#93972 Nov 12, 2013
Anne wrote:
Lovely evening! I had ordered a barn quilt from my long time acquaintance/friend and they delivered it tonight. Since they delivered after their store hours (5pm) I asked them for supper. Really nice time. Lasagna, toasted garlic bread (I split hot dog buns, butter the inside, sprinkle on the garlic and some cheddar cheese) garden salad. Anyway we sat around visiting . Nice time. Wow. Just realized something. Their 4 year old granddaughter came with them.The last time they ate ate at my house ? When that granddaughters mother was. 7 or 8 years old. Wow. A little explanation here. I was still in high school and they were next door neighbors with 4 daughters. I married and moved around a lot. They moved around a lot too. One time At a Walmart in western ky I thought "I know that woman!" We were living in the same county!! We visited back and forth at that time and they had a 5th daughter about 7 or 8. then we all moved around some more. Now we are all living in the sAme county again (the state we started out in). A span of 45 years!!!!
Howdy Anne!
Yes, this big old world can seem small at times. I once ran into a friend I hadn't seen since grade school in a factory. He and I had worked about a hundred yards from each other six days a week manufacturing parts for the same kind of car for over eight months before he recognized me. We had named our daughters the same first and middle name, both had been born the same month, but in two consecutive years. Good evening to you Anne.

Location hidden

#93973 Nov 12, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Nanny!
You keep them tootsies warm tonight, you may have to wear those boots to bed.
BTW- Were those boots made for walking?
Absolutely. I can't sleep with anything on my feet. No matter how cold, I always have one foot out of the covers. I'm an odd one. Don't forget I need to send you a picture!
Imposter

Busy, KY

#93974 Nov 12, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely. I can't sleep with anything on my feet. No matter how cold, I always have one foot out of the covers. I'm an odd one. Don't forget I need to send you a picture!
Yep, I said I would send one back to and I will. I'm almost better now.
I may even get around to shaving tomorrow. I'm starting to look like that old bearded guy that sat in front of silver dollar city.
I look forward to seeing your image MissE! I hope I can find a camera that wont break taking a picture of me, I must get a lot of lemon cameras.
OK I'm about good to go on this end. Wont be long now.

Location hidden

#93975 Nov 12, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, I said I would send one back to and I will. I'm almost better now.
I may even get around to shaving tomorrow. I'm starting to look like that old bearded guy that sat in front of silver dollar city.
I look forward to seeing your image MissE! I hope I can find a camera that wont break taking a picture of me, I must get a lot of lemon cameras.
OK I'm about good to go on this end. Wont be long now.
Night dear friend!
Anne

United States

#93976 Nov 12, 2013
Imposter wrote:
On my way through the cold, windswept woods to get here tonight I ran across a thread someone created in the hopes of finding an, and I quote "Attractive bisex male for fun, dating and perhaps a little more."
Gee, I have to wonder what the poor lonely woman that created that thread is willing to pay, if she was needing to buy sex. Why do they call women hookers and the men just plain old bisex males...I guess that's short for "buy sex" males? To buy sex from? <scratching head> Hmmm
Things just keep getting curious-er and curious-er these days.
Good evening people, hope you're all staying warm. I have to go investigate this buy-sex male thing.
Later.
Have mercy! Dear imposter!! You, of all people !! Surely you jest!!! Lol
Anne

United States

#93977 Nov 12, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Very cool. I recently started a long time project I've wanted to do. I want to capture photos of 9 barn quilts and then do a sampler quilt, duplicating each barn quilt as a panel in the 9 panel sampler quilt. Combines my love for photography and quilting. Then I hope to take the 9 pictures of the barns quilts and display with the sampler.
OMG! Love your idea!! Remember me rattling on about the "Airing if the Quilts" about a month ago? Well! I presented it to some influential county people, and guess what! Our little spot in the world has set a date for its 1st "Airing of the Quilts"--first weekend in October 2014! Your project would be a wonderful addition and catch a lot of attention!!! Gibson county(indiana) has a tourist brochure with a map of all the "local" barn quilts--- and a picture of each one. There's about a couple hundred depicted. I found the brochure in a ky motel lobby with all the other touristy info and snatched one up for my barn quilter friend!! The barn quilt pattern I chose came off a barn in northeast Pennsylvania. Tonight, flipping through an American girl catalog I discovered Kit's bed has a simplified pattern of my barn quilt-- using two shades of green and a lavender! Lol.
Anne

United States

#93978 Nov 12, 2013
@MissE. I may start out the night with wearing socks on my cold feet and cannot go to sleep with cold feet. But when my feet warm up, off go those socks! There's a little pile of socks by my bedside. I then regulate my body temp by sticking my foot out from under the covers of tucking my foot back under. Jeez. This is dumb. I gotta get some sleep. Socks are already on the floor.... Nite!
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#93979 Nov 12, 2013
I think the quilt idea is great and do admire anyone who can make one. One of the most prized possessions I have is a Wedding Band quilt my Mother made for us when we married. For the life of me I just can't use it now. When the folks passed on, one of my older sisters found a box "full" of quilt pieces from old-time suit material. She gave it to me and up to this day, I haven't found anyone that knows what to do with them. I'd pay a pretty penny if........
any more

Wooton, KY

#93980 Nov 12, 2013
birds die today?

“Go Bucs”

Since: Nov 11

Xenia, OH

#93982 Nov 12, 2013
Mom was a master quiltress, and back in the 1950's, she went through her "Dutch Boy" phase.

Anyone on here old enough to remember that pattern? She quilted several of them.

Anyhoooo...Prized Possessions!
what

Wooton, KY

#93983 Nov 13, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
I think the quilt idea is great and do admire anyone who can make one. One of the most prized possessions I have is a Wedding Band quilt my Mother made for us when we married. For the life of me I just can't use it now. When the folks passed on, one of my older sisters found a box "full" of quilt pieces from old-time suit material. She gave it to me and up to this day, I haven't found anyone that knows what to do with them. I'd pay a pretty penny if........
do they look like ? are they big squires or small squares?

Location hidden

#93984 Nov 13, 2013
Anne wrote:
@MissE. I may start out the night with wearing socks on my cold feet and cannot go to sleep with cold feet. But when my feet warm up, off go those socks! There's a little pile of socks by my bedside. I then regulate my body temp by sticking my foot out from under the covers of tucking my foot back under. Jeez. This is dumb. I gotta get some sleep. Socks are already on the floor.... Nite!
I'm the same way. It's like "Oh no, my feet can't breath"

Location hidden

#93985 Nov 13, 2013
any more wrote:
birds die today?
Yes, visitation is from 10 - 11. Burial at 1:00. I'll be playing the old time favorite "I'll fly away". Please leave a donation in small unmarked bills on your way out
Anne

United States

#93986 Nov 13, 2013
I guess several of us bird brains should attend to show our respect for the recent deceased. How far is it from my nest--as the crow flies?
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#93987 Nov 13, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, visitation is from 10 - 11. Burial at 1:00. I'll be playing the old time favorite "I'll fly away". Please leave a donation in small unmarked bills on your way out
I am not familiar with any deceased on this date or any less notable, although I did lose a chicken to a hawk last week. But we held no ceremony for it's passing other than I did look on YOUTUBE and played Willie Nelson's rendition of that old favorite. I also found "Wind Beneath My Wings".
Anne

United States

#93988 Nov 13, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
Surely your area has a quilting club. If you ask at the public library or a local historical museum they probably have contact info for quilters and quilting clubs.Offer a tidy sum to their favorite local charity if they work a quilt or two for you. These groups can absolutely knock out some work in a short amount of time!! Another idea is to check out the Internet quilting groups. With luck one of them will come up with the answer you're looking for. It'll cost more than a pretty penny though...try some of those new pretty hundreds! Lol. My mom had a lot of quilts and tops made up from trouser material. They wear like iron!! Unfortunately several tops had mouse damage and I stupidly let them be tossed. I should/could have just cut off the damaged end and made couch throws. Hindsite is 20/20. I'm redoing my upstairs and the beds will be a display of assorted quilts. 5 beds, 5 quilts. May have to put 2 quilts to a bed to help my storage problem. Lol
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#93989 Nov 13, 2013
Jackie Gleason said that when he was young, they were so poor that when the sheets wore out, they cut them up for table cloths. Then when the table cloths wore out, they cut them up for hankerchiefs. When the hankerchiefs wore out they used the pieces to make a new sheet. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#93991 Nov 13, 2013
Dog just took off up the ridge behind the homestead chasing a deer. It did not take long for ol' stubby legs to realize that he could not catch it. Then he came back and passed out in the recliner. Maybe next time he will be smart enough to chase a turtle. LOL
Anne

Owensboro, KY

#93992 Nov 13, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Jackie Gleason said that when he was young, they were so poor that when the sheets wore out, they cut them up for table cloths. Then when the table cloths wore out, they cut them up for hankerchiefs. When the hankerchiefs wore out they used the pieces to make a new sheet. LOL
When our blankets wore thin in the middle Mom cut them in half longways, pinned the original edges together to make a new middle and stitched them . Then she hemmed the "new" thinner sides. Voila! A better, warmer blanket!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hot guy working at city pool.. 13 min WetLady 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 15 min Mike thunkit 137,853
Peir 1 Boat Rental 32 min Renter 1
Wildcat Flea Market 1 hr TNtravler 1
London Bingo 5 hr Bingo Player 5
bingo at london ky (Jul '09) 5 hr Bingo Player 2
fake christians 8 hr Imperfection 40
More from around the web

Keavy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]