Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,641

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93160 Sep 27, 2013
http://homejoys.blogspot.com/2011/03/bread-va...
Anne, it is never too late to learn how to bake fresh cookies- freeze for later, crackers etc. This Mennonite lady sure inspired me. She is so happy feeding her Family and sharing her recipes. You might like her site;)
Have a good day. I so love walnuts as well as pistachios and cherries in oatmeal. So good. I have to get more when shopping tomorrow. Lol.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93161 Sep 27, 2013
The first to recovery is realizing within yourself that you have a problem and are making yourself and others miserable. I live with a struggling alcoholic and will say this much: The more effort one puts toward working on him or herself will be more rewarding than not doing anything. You must first want to succeed against the demon called human misguidance and trouble. Admitting something is wrong and not denying it. It will help as long as one stays focused on priorities. Life is a beautiful and splendid thing not to be squandered or wasted. Do not be discouraged and may the light of day guide you and the moon allow you rest. Be a beacon to your Family whether you're together or apart. Blessings from hearth to yours. May your strength guide you to a better place of peace for you as well as your wife and children.
devistated

United States

#93162 Sep 27, 2013
why won't she tell why won't she tell him what's going on wonder why she's denying him his kids keeping everything in the dark don't help but I do understand and I did it I have a problem but problems more than she knows I really want to tell her all kinds of stuff but she refuses to speak and I am getting better everyday I am saying to counselors and I'm joining a church for support please don't let anyone else make the decision for you and don't let anyone else influence your decision not even your husband if she really wants a divorce I love her enough to give her that just leaving me makes you happy I think you've been through enough hurt already. this is very very hard being cut off from your wife and kids and I won't fight for anything in a divorce except for a few things that are mine don't I really expensive lawyer we can settle this with out but I hope it don't come to that because I can prove you wrong past behavior does not always predict future behavior please tell her that I love her and always will

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#93164 Sep 27, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Hello my long lost bird threaders. I hope everyone is doing good. I don't have time to go back and catch up more than a few pages. So happy to see a lot of the regulars still posting.
"little sugar drop AB" so sweet Imposter...
I have found someone special, my PC is trashed so I have to buy another one, not that I have a lot of time for it. Using my sister's extra right now. I have been busy working, enjoying the summer, family, friends, and someone special. Looking forward to fall.
Lala, please email me and give me the latest on JPF. We will catch up then. You too AW.
I hope "Nope" is doing okay, hello to all ...
misty-eyed, anne, all the regulars..
Love and blessings to all my favorites. YOU know who you are.
Good to hear from you. Lost your e-mail when I went on another e-mail site. My microsoft site won't work any longer. Just send me a message, give your e-mail, and we can talk. Lala

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#93165 Sep 27, 2013
JEEZ- just a little patience.
Anne

Stafford, VA

#93166 Sep 27, 2013
I've been reading the advice to devistated and it is good advice. Devistated, I am glad you have realizied many things and I am glad you are working on change. I wish you the very best. Please give your family a time to heal also. It has been a long and troubled time for all of you and each of you need healing. Everyone heals at their own pace--some more slowly than others. I do not want to give you a false sense that everything will be the way you wish it to be, but I wish you and your family peace, contentment and healing.
Anne

Stafford, VA

#93167 Sep 27, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
http://homejoys.blogspot.com/2 011/03/bread-variations.html
Anne, it is never too late to learn how to bake fresh cookies- freeze for later, crackers etc. This Mennonite lady sure inspired me. She is so happy feeding her Family and sharing her recipes. You might like her site;)
Have a good day. I so love walnuts as well as pistachios and cherries in oatmeal. So good. I have to get more when shopping tomorrow. Lol.
Misty, I checked out the bread blog. Sounds good! I haven't really cooked much for a little while since its usually only me. Right now I'm in a camper and its furnished with two small sauce pans lol. Not even a skillet !! I'm buying Bob Evans mashed potatoes and heat and eat lasagna! I did boil some peaches and cream corn on the cob and sliced up a tomato from the farmers market.
I am really missing my little rowboat :-(
But the scenery is great and I love the big ole creek running past the campground. The community has a special event next weekend. The Airing of the Quilts! Every one that has a quilt or several quilts-- old, new, worn- hangs them out for all the world to see!! They also have an indoor quilt show going on. Booths, etc. and , I hope, festival food!! Lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93169 Sep 27, 2013
Date night: Cinderella will be here soon and can stay until midnight then her carriage turns into a pumpkin and I don't know what I would do with a bunch of mice. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93170 Sep 27, 2013
@Anne.. I understand that Paducah has a quilt making and display show (although I have never been) but a few years ago some 16 year old boy won the competition.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93171 Sep 27, 2013
See Paducah Quilt Show.. next year it is April 23-26th.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#93172 Sep 27, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Date night: Cinderella will be here soon and can stay until midnight then her carriage turns into a pumpkin and I don't know what I would do with a bunch of mice. LOL
Be careful! That midnight running away thing can leave you with one shoe.
I'm a girl who knows!
Anne

Stafford, VA

#93174 Sep 27, 2013
You know, I've family living in Paducah. Now I don't know how long the Quilt Show has been in Paducah, but I've been running there on and off for about 40 years and you'd think we'd plan to be there during that time! I am going to their website to see if they have a pic of that boys quilt!! Lol To tell the truth, this has been about the first time I've made an effort to hit a lot of festivals and I've not been disappointed!

Tell Cinderella hello for me and you two have a lovely evening!

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#93175 Sep 27, 2013
one shoe can change your life..

Location hidden

#93176 Sep 27, 2013
@ AW Have a pleasant date night. Get a cat to take care of the mice. You can make a pie out of the pumpkin.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#93178 Sep 27, 2013
Oglala wrote:
@ AW Have a pleasant date night. Get a cat to take care of the mice. You can make a pie out of the pumpkin.
But all those ugly step-sisters?

Location hidden

#93179 Sep 27, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
But all those ugly step-sisters?
You have a point there. Can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93180 Sep 27, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful! That midnight running away thing can leave you with one shoe.
I'm a girl who knows!
Cinderella left an hour early before her carriage turned into a pumpkin and rolled over the hill and got cut into a Jack-O-Lantern. Forutnately, she sent the two Sisty Uglers to a different Ball. LOL

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#93181 Sep 27, 2013
Hey strangers.

First off, I want to say best wishes to "devastated". Situations normally don't occur suddenly, nor can they rectify themselves that way. It's going to take time. Be patient and stay the course.

Anne, I think it was you who mentioned "To Appomattox" a few pages back? I've been keeping up with production on that too!!! I can't wait to see it. It's going to be awesome! I was thrilled to read that someone else knew of it!! I'm looking forward to that as much as I was "The Hatfield and McCoys".
(I bet I've watched that at least 4 times by now, in it's entirety each time)...

Hope you all have a great evening, even though it's technically "tomorrow" now. May the Lord keep his hands around each of you and shower you with His blessings.

Peace, out.

_-_Nope_-_
(And just for YOU, Imposter, hehe)
*Poof*
<3
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93183 Sep 28, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Hey strangers.
First off, I want to say best wishes to "devastated". Situations normally don't occur suddenly, nor can they rectify themselves that way. It's going to take time. Be patient and stay the course.
Anne, I think it was you who mentioned "To Appomattox" a few pages back? I've been keeping up with production on that too!!! I can't wait to see it. It's going to be awesome! I was thrilled to read that someone else knew of it!! I'm looking forward to that as much as I was "The Hatfield and McCoys".
(I bet I've watched that at least 4 times by now, in it's entirety each time)...
Hope you all have a great evening, even though it's technically "tomorrow" now. May the Lord keep his hands around each of you and shower you with His blessings.
Peace, out.
_-_Nope_-_
(And just for YOU, Imposter, hehe)
*Poof*
<3
I had posted earlier that it was George Armstrong Custer upon seeing a white flag had passed word to Grant to call off that final battle. It will be interesting to see if that program includes that action. Lee's surrender to Grant was not the end of the war though.

Joe Johnston surrendered the Carolinas to Sherman on April 26, 1865; some 17 days later which effectively ended the war in the East. The Western front continued on until June 2nd when Kirby Smith surrendered to Edward Canby in Galveston, Texas.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#93184 Sep 28, 2013
Good morning, AW. I'm anxious to see how historically correct this is going to be as well. There is a web page on FaceBook to keep up with production, etc. It's been very excited to read about it unfolding. Can't wait to watch it.

I need more coffee and the chickens are ready to be let out for the day, I hear them out there rustling around in the coop, hehe.. I always hear the muted thumps of their feathered rear ends coming down off of their nightly perches at daybreak, haha!!
Be back in a bit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 4 min Big rig 71 5,384
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Cornelius Scudmister 153,949
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min pusherman_ 131,073
Jeff Benge (Mar '09) 1 hr lucky 4
Really hurting for food/money right now 2 hr fact 6
lost keys 2 hr Helpful 2
Daily Bible Verse 2 hr DjH 52
•••
•••
•••

Keavy Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Keavy People Search