Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81699 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#93208 Sep 29, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>I've been listening to an old Eagles cd and some lynyard skynyrd. But my current favorite is a goodwill find of old Irish drinking songs. They are comical!
Isn't it strange how we can get in a certain music mood?
Last week I was on a James Taylor binge
Anne

Hockessin, DE

#93210 Sep 30, 2013
Sure has been quiet in here. I hope that means everyone got a good nights sleep. I'm headed out to dogs tree then gonna catch a few more winks before I start the moving process. It's easy to pack when there's no furniture involved but that means I gotta find a table etc for the new place:-(
Thrift stores, here I come!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#93211 Sep 30, 2013
Anne wrote:
Sure has been quiet in here. I hope that means everyone got a good nights sleep. I'm headed out to dogs tree then gonna catch a few more winks before I start the moving process. It's easy to pack when there's no furniture involved but that means I gotta find a table etc for the new place:-(
Thrift stores, here I come!
I guess I haven't kept up. Where are you moving, Anne?
Anne

Hockessin, DE

#93212 Sep 30, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I haven't kept up. Where are you moving, Anne?
Lol. I guess it sounds strange but my better half is moving, I'm helping. Ok. That's even more strange. Technically, at this time he's working about 700 miles from home. Home: with the pond, gazebo, chickens, softer bed. Work: 700+or - miles away. That requires another living setup. Last 3 places he lived-$850 -a month and I'm talking small camper , ancient cruddy apartment and someones spare bedroom. Newly painted apartment-$435! Plus its 2 miles from the job location. Sometimes I'm here, sometimes I'm there. The job he retired from was at home but this is a quirky travel job and he's enjoyed it and gets to see other parts of the country.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93214 Sep 30, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. I guess it sounds strange but my better half is moving, I'm helping. Ok. That's even more strange. Technically, at this time he's working about 700 miles from home. Home: with the pond, gazebo, chickens, softer bed. Work: 700+or - miles away. That requires another living setup. Last 3 places he lived-$850 -a month and I'm talking small camper , ancient cruddy apartment and someones spare bedroom. Newly painted apartment-$435! Plus its 2 miles from the job location. Sometimes I'm here, sometimes I'm there. The job he retired from was at home but this is a quirky travel job and he's enjoyed it and gets to see other parts of the country.
Family tries to tell me " long distance relationships" don't last. Phooey, just makes them more interesting I say. It is fantastic that you get to travel back and forth between places. Anyway, since he's retired you can enjoy your time together and apart knowing love is all around. Hehehe. I don't ever let anyone interfere with my relationship.
Partner knows where I stand and I him. It's terrific that although two people can fight and be apart: they always find themselves together again:) I think I'd be home fishing on the pond and eating those fish.Hahaha. Fortunately, you and he always have the option. Great stories, glad you share.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#93215 Sep 30, 2013
Wonder where AW is?? Hope he is well
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93217 Sep 30, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
Wonder where AW is?? Hope he is well
AW is fine, Internet Sevice Provider has been constipated since Saturday afternoon. But some prunes and turnip greens must have fixed the problem. LOL

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#93218 Sep 30, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>AW is fine, Internet Sevice Provider has been constipated since Saturday afternoon. But some prunes and turnip greens must have fixed the problem. LOL
Glad to hear--- what would I do without my wolf out there looking out for me?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93219 Sep 30, 2013
I am "spreading the love" here. I had too many roosters and the little guy was getting left out, so I gave him to an old couple that had 5 hens and no rooster. I went to see him today at his new home and he was strutting around like he was somebody. I guess he is now.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#93220 Sep 30, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I am "spreading the love" here. I had too many roosters and the little guy was getting left out, so I gave him to an old couple that had 5 hens and no rooster. I went to see him today at his new home and he was strutting around like he was somebody. I guess he is now.
Does that make you a match maker or a pimp daddy?
Tollesboro Guy

Nicholasville, KY

#93221 Sep 30, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Family tries to tell me " long distance relationships" don't last. Phooey, just makes them more interesting I say. It is fantastic that you get to travel back and forth between places. Anyway, since he's retired you can enjoy your time together and apart knowing love is all around. Hehehe. I don't ever let anyone interfere with my relationship.
Partner knows where I stand and I him. It's terrific that although two people can fight and be apart: they always find themselves together again:) I think I'd be home fishing on the pond and eating those fish.Hahaha. Fortunately, you and he always have the option. Great stories, glad you share.
Misty,

Just a quick note to tell you how much I appreciate your grammatically correct prose/punctuation and spelling. Everyone here is far better than many forums but you have such a way,,,

So,,Thank You!

Rick
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93222 Sep 30, 2013
@ Rick aka Tollesboro Guy

I have so many imperfections...Sentence structure that ends with a preposition is a big no,no. Lol, I revert to my younger years when life was simplified and the educators noticed. Thank you for being nice. I so enjoy all the comments on here. You,
AW, Anne,Nope, Imposter, Miss Font and that disappearing Abeliever have so many charming, interesting and heartfelt stories. Whether there are stories about life experiences which include different experiences, thoughts on various subjects or just joking moods , it makes my day better realizing that humanity still exists in this world and it comes through from great Folks like yourself.
Blessings to you and have a restful night:)

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#93224 Oct 1, 2013
Rise and shine everyone!! Coffee is ready and I have my favorite mug in hand!!

It's a bit too dark here yet to let the feather heads out, but it won't be long until their fluffy butts start to jump off of their perches. I'll faintly hear them hit the floor of the coop one at a time to let me know they're getting restless for breakfast. The rest of their spoiled days are spent chasing bugs, scratching dirt and waiting on me to once again come out to feed them dinner. The greatest reward, aside from their conical antics out there, is that I in turn get those wonderfully fresh eggs every day...

Thank you Lord, the circle of life pleasantly continues to turn at the Nope house.
(And without too many squeaks, realistically speaking)...

Anyway... Wake up! Wake up, everyone!!
As John Wayne would say, "We're burnin' daylight"....

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#93225 Oct 1, 2013
A man walks into a bar and asks for a glass of water. The bartender pulls out a shotgun and fires a shot, barely missing the man's head. The man gets up, says thank you, and leaves a tip.

"Why the tip and thank you?" asks a customer, who was sitting nearby.

"Because," said the bartender, "The dude had the hiccups!
Anne

Buffalo, NY

#93226 Oct 1, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text>Family tries to tell me " long distance relationships" don't last. Phooey, just makes them more interesting I say. It is fantastic that you get to travel back and forth between places. Anyway, since he's retired you can enjoy your time together and apart knowing love is all around. Hehehe. I don't ever let anyone interfere with my relationship.
Partner knows where I stand and I him. It's terrific that although two people can fight and be apart: they always find themselves together again:) I think I'd be home fishing on the pond and eating those fish.Hahaha. Fortunately, you and he always have the option. Great stories, glad you share.
Lol. The long distance relationship. I know about that! Now,woman to woman, have you ever, while talking to your honey, gotten aggravated and instead of arguing said, "Traffic is getting heavy, I've got to get off of here."? Lol. Heeheehee!
Thanks for all the kind words. I appreciate them!
Just had lunch in a small basement diner that requires you to leave the sidewalk and go down some stairs to the entry door. Kinda like in Cheers. And yes, everybody seemed to know everbodys name. Hey, it's a small town under a 1,000 people! Washer stopped. Later!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93228 Oct 1, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. The long distance relationship. I know about that! Now,woman to woman, have you ever, while talking to your honey, gotten aggravated and instead of arguing said, "Traffic is getting heavy, I've got to get off of here."? Lol. Heeheehee!
Thanks for all the kind words. I appreciate them!
Just had lunch in a small basement diner that requires you to leave the sidewalk and go down some stairs to the entry door. Kinda like in Cheers. And yes, everybody seemed to know everbodys name. Hey, it's a small town under a 1,000 people! Washer stopped. Later!
I will say something like I have to go I think I'm getting another call from so and so whom I haven't heard from in a while. Hehehe. Well, it's the truth; it's the green eyed monster in me rearing her ugly head and about to spew like a volcano. He started gushing about this long haired waitress with that hair a swishing. Boy, I knew, I better end that call quickly. A few months later I started gushing about the actor Mark Walberg who in his 40s had such a nice build. He mutters ' wish I still looked like that.' Hehehe. We have to love' em, Anne. They work so hard to make our lives better. You keep on enjoying yourself on that trip.It sounds like it's been a blast so far!!!
Truth lives

United States

#93229 Oct 1, 2013
life wrote:
It's a sign of what's to come! When we lose our natural inhabitants, It's usually not a good looking outcome for the rest of us. Lets keep drilling for oil and creating the next precription medication!....Because we need it.
AMEN!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93230 Oct 1, 2013
ISP took too much of the prunes and turnip greens to alleviate their constipation, and then had 24 hours of back door trots. I hope they are regular again. hehehe
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93231 Oct 1, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to hear--- what would I do without my wolf out there looking out for me?
You can let the night crawlers look out for your shoe, I will look out for the better parts. LOL
Anne

Hockessin, DE

#93232 Oct 1, 2013
It's already late so I'm off to sleep after this. My chickens have been popping out those eggs since I've been gone. My grandson says he knows the reason is all the crickets he's been feeding them. Could be true for all I know!
This little apartment is shaping up!! I figure we've spent about $150 so far but I'd like to get a rug for in front of the couch and a couple things for the living room wall. It was half off household goods at the thrift shop today and I found a 2x3 pic of large dahlias-- yellows, oranges, reds and a little green. It really spruced up that tiny 8x10 yellow kitchen! Then I stuck in a red dish drainer and a red trash can. I'm having fun.
Tomorrow I'm headed out to lunch with some of the other wives. Japanese hibachi. Each group of ladies meet once a week and last year when I was here I met with two groups. Tomorrows meeting is a two hour drive for me so I've got to catch those zzzz's!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr nanoanomaly 163,735
Single Mom needs help 1 hr Zztop 10
Who is the most Two Faced Backstabber in Corbin (Sep '08) 1 hr Zztop 109
shane tarvin 2 hr just tell 1
King James 2 hr Tampons R Us 1
Ross Store 3 hr HAhahh 2
How does she not know 3 hr Reasoning skills 19

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keavy Mortgages