Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,719

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#92055 Aug 25, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>Misty, your words warmed my heart. Thank you! My better half made it to his new location safe and sound about 30 minutes ago, so that is a relief.
The little country church ( where my parents married)- that's 1/2 mile from my house-had an outdoor watermelon/music fest after lunch. All the watermelon you wanted to eat, a few games for kids and lots of chairs under the shade tree to listen to the music. Dulcimer, guitar, banjo, violin and. Oh , a harmonica! One song was "precious memories" A perfect Sunday afternoon in the summer at a small crossroads church 3-4 miles from any highway!.
Sounds like a lovely day! I play the dulcimer-- great mountain sound
Anne

United States

#92057 Aug 25, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a lovely day! I play the dulcimer-- great mountain sound
The dulcimer is great! I bought one as a gift for my better half but, alas, his fingers just aren't as nimble as they used to be. His family is musically inclined--one family member played in the Green River Boys group in the, umm, 40's. one retired from 30+ years of teaching public school music. on and on... My side of the family? Couldn't carry a tune in a bucket!

Location hidden

#92058 Aug 25, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>The dulcimer is great! I bought one as a gift for my better half but, alas, his fingers just aren't as nimble as they used to be. His family is musically inclined--one family member played in the Green River Boys group in the, umm, 40's. one retired from 30+ years of teaching public school music. on and on... My side of the family? Couldn't carry a tune in a bucket!
People are always asking me to sing "solo". So low they can't hear me.
Or "tenor". Ten or twelve miles from here
Anne

United States

#92059 Aug 25, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
People are always asking me to sing "solo". So low they can't hear me.
Or "tenor". Ten or twelve miles from here
Lol! You must be my twin cos that's what they tell me!! Lol
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#92060 Aug 25, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text> I play the dulcimer-- great mountain sound
Hello Miss E,.....say, tell me if you will, how many strings are there on a dulcimer and do you tune it in open E or open G (or neither)? I tried one in the Ozarks many years ago and have always thought about it. Also, have considered the auto-harp or whatever that is that Mother Maybelle played. It has a pretty sound, too.

Not to change the subject but the hummers are really going through some sugar water. We've got four of them around the yard and it's a constant job keeping them full. They may be packing it away for their trip further south, maybe Jamaica.(very relaxing place)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92061 Aug 26, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Miss E,.....say, tell me if you will, how many strings are there on a dulcimer and do you tune it in open E or open G (or neither)? I tried one in the Ozarks many years ago and have always thought about it. Also, have considered the auto-harp or whatever that is that Mother Maybelle played. It has a pretty sound, too.
Not to change the subject but the hummers are really going through some sugar water. We've got four of them around the yard and it's a constant job keeping them full. They may be packing it away for their trip further south, maybe Jamaica.(very relaxing place)
Perhaps your hummers are experiencing the same thing as my chickens. There is no way they could be drinking that much water, so it must surely be evaporating. As for Jamaica, I found it most difficult to relax while watching those girls playing naked volleyball on the beach. LOL

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#92062 Aug 26, 2013
Good morning to all. Hope you all stay cool from the heat. Feeding the birds before I head out to work.
Anne

United States

#92063 Aug 26, 2013
My better half just called to tell me about the first person he met at this new job location. They both graduated from the same small town high school. 750 miles away. Small world.
Good morning, roaming. Hope you got some quality rest last night.
To everyone : Have a wonderful day!
Associated

United States

#92064 Aug 26, 2013
scary wrote:
New Madrid earthquake getting ready to happen. Look it up.
That's what I hear.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#92066 Aug 26, 2013
@ AW, I choked on the coffee reading that post.Lol. Uh huh, Jamaica and girls huh; makes me wonder about those Friday night dates. Just kidding.
It looks nice and sunny this morning. Been up and down since three. Partner is on the way home from London,Ky.Hehehe. I'm thinking my train of thought is like AW's when it comes to Jamaican girls. Hehehe.
Fine day to All.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#92067 Aug 26, 2013
Anne wrote:
My better half just called to tell me about the first person he met at this new job location. They both graduated from the same small town high school. 750 miles away. Small world.
Good morning, roaming. Hope you got some quality rest last night.
To everyone : Have a wonderful day!
To quote Phil Robertson: Happy, happy, happy day to you. Those shade trees and watermelon sure sounded good yesterday. Hope your chickens are doing well. Your Hubby seems like a terrific fellow. Glad he called you soon. Stories like yours remind me of everlasting love and not artificial encounters that wane;)
Anne

United States

#92068 Aug 26, 2013
Chickens are doing fine but NOT laying. AND like the others commenting about the water...it's evaporating or leaking . Who knows. Sheesh

Yeah, my better half is a good person. You remember the blue moon last week? That was our 42nd anniversary. How does a person stay married that long? I always say "by not getting a divorce" lol. But, let me tell you, there's a few times that if a door to door divorce lawyer had knocked on our door at the right time.....lol.

Hmmmm, about those Jamaican girls...

Location hidden

#92069 Aug 26, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Miss E,.....say, tell me if you will, how many strings are there on a dulcimer and do you tune it in open E or open G (or neither)? I tried one in the Ozarks many years ago and have always thought about it. Also, have considered the auto-harp or whatever that is that Mother Maybelle played. It has a pretty sound, too.

4 strings -- if you want to get some dulcimer players in a squabble start the "D" versus "G" controversy. I play in "D"
I'm a young one at almost 50 --- most players are older than me. I hate to see the instrument die out but I am concerned as it doesn't appeal to many young people. Cyndi Lauper played one a few years back on an award show while singing her 80's hit time after time.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92070 Aug 26, 2013
Anne wrote:
Chickens are doing fine but NOT laying. AND like the others commenting about the water...it's evaporating or leaking . Who knows. Sheesh
Yeah, my better half is a good person. You remember the blue moon last week? That was our 42nd anniversary. How does a person stay married that long? I always say "by not getting a divorce" lol. But, let me tell you, there's a few times that if a door to door divorce lawyer had knocked on our door at the right time.....lol.
Hmmmm, about those Jamaican girls...
My chickens are on a low cycle also. Besides my watching those Jamaican resort (Optional clothing) girls playing naked volleyball, there were also naked trapese lessons and I was afraid to look up. hahaha
emotions

Mayfield, KY

#92072 Aug 26, 2013
This is so sad
wow

Dundalk, MD

#92074 Aug 26, 2013
Wow
Anne

United States

#92075 Aug 26, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
My chickens are on a low cycle also. Besides my watching those Jamaican resort (Optional clothing) girls playing naked volleyball, there were also naked trapese lessons and I was afraid to look up. hahaha
Ok. I DO understand that with the RIGHT volleyball players... Well, oh, yeah! But naked trapeze lessons?? Aw come on. Can't see where that'd be enjoyable to participate in but it could be amusing to watch. It'd be pretty sweaty business under the Jamaican sun and difficult to get a good grip on someone....
Sigh, back to my reality and my Ohio River Valley life..lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92076 Aug 26, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. I DO understand that with the RIGHT volleyball players... Well, oh, yeah! But naked trapeze lessons?? Aw come on. Can't see where that'd be enjoyable to participate in but it could be amusing to watch. It'd be pretty sweaty business under the Jamaican sun and difficult to get a good grip on someone....
Sigh, back to my reality and my Ohio River Valley life..lol
The trapese lessons were after sundown under the lights after which many participants would jump into an above ground pool. There was an underground bar where the back wall of the bar was a glass enclosure looking into the pool. Swimming attire was optional also and those not in the pool were in the overcrowded bar trying to get a beer LOL We got booked into the wrong resort and expected to go to one a bit more sedate. The resort was divided into 2 sections.. one nude, one prude but our prude room was at the dividing line. LOL

Location hidden

#92077 Aug 26, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>The trapese lessons were after sundown under the lights after which many participants would jump into an above ground pool. There was an underground bar where the back wall of the bar was a glass enclosure looking into the pool. Swimming attire was optional also and those not in the pool were in the overcrowded bar trying to get a beer LOL We got booked into the wrong resort and expected to go to one a bit more sedate. The resort was divided into 2 sections.. one nude, one prude but our prude room was at the dividing line. LOL
Guess that was the no "fly" zone.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92078 Aug 26, 2013
@Anne, the trapese lessons were not on really high equipment that would normally be seen at a circus, but at a much lower level with netting and the nudes would bounce and flop and flop and bounce. hehehe

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2 Beroom apt. for rent 370.00 a month plus depo... 1 hr Whitney 2
Who HIres Felons? 1 hr TELING 3
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 2 hr DjH 719
Democrat Liberal party a CULT spawned by satan. (Aug '12) 3 hr Gee13 6
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr ChromiuMan 131,853
Water line leak repair (Jul '13) 4 hr maryjaneprincton 3
If You Worship Your Christmas Tree, You Are SIN... 4 hr Hahaha 4
Keavy Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Keavy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Keavy News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Keavy

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:18 am PST

Bleacher Report 7:18AM
Tennessee Titans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: Complete Week 16 Preview for Tennesse
NBC Sports12:38 PM
Dexter McCluster out Thursday, likely out Week 17 as well
NBC Sports 2:30 PM
Manziel looking for better showing in second start - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:48 PM
Titans RB McCluster ruled out of game vs. Jaguars - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 5:47 PM
Denver Broncos vs. Cincinnati Bengals Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick