Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,640

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
FRf

Hazard, KY

#91129 Jul 25, 2013
Dr
Variety

United States

#91131 Jul 25, 2013
Pleasing yourself and other people instead of god.
K carter

Olive Hill, KY

#91132 Jul 25, 2013
Really why the birds
Anne

United States

#91133 Jul 25, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> hmmm, need you some long tailed nightshirts. I ordered several from Wintersilks.com for Partner. He liked the breeze; just didn't like the emasculated feeling...Suppose, it was too much like a dress. LMAO.
Heeheehee! Don't think that my better half would even try on one of those long tailed nightshirts. Lol as you said, it would be too much like a dress for him
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#91134 Jul 25, 2013
that moment when you look to the right hand side of the topix page and you see your middle school gym teacher has a profile on the elizabethtown singles ad and his name is like....littlebuttfly6783.... and he is totally smooching up to the camera.
yep coulda went my whole life not seeing that one and woulda been just fine. off to go give the eyes a nice peroxide rinse.
have a great day tomorrow everyone. im doing the pay all my bills and marathon shopping thing....blah.
mouseunderthetab le

Mount Washington, KY

#91135 Jul 25, 2013
blah
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#91136 Jul 25, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> hmmm, need you some long tailed nightshirts. I ordered several from Wintersilks.com for Partner. He liked the breeze; just didn't like the emasculated feeling...Suppose, it was too much like a dress. LMAO.
I am either old enough, solo enough, or macho enough to not worry about what others may think of me. I wear loose cotton lounging pants and a house coat when the weather is cooler. Even been known to drop the house coat in lieu of a long sleeved tee and go to the Dollar Store. LOL Besides, I gave up on trying to win the beauty contest way back in 1978 LOL
qwerty

Hillsboro, OH

#91137 Jul 26, 2013
Take a look around your socks today and think about how you can improve them. Even a toe jam would make a difference but you could be inspired to do a lot more than that. If you work from home, this is a super chance to take a nap. You could also be tempted to buy a snow cone machine.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#91138 Jul 26, 2013
qwerty wrote:
Take a look around your socks today and think about how you can improve them. Even a toe jam would make a difference but you could be inspired to do a lot more than that. If you work from home, this is a super chance to take a nap. You could also be tempted to buy a snow cone machine.
I can easily avoid the snow cone machine temptation since it is 57 degrees and since I do not work from home, I only have enough money to buy a new pair of socks. But I will forego the socks and just go barefoot and let the chicken doo warm my toes.
Anne

United States

#91142 Jul 26, 2013
Trama drama time at the ole homestead. A basketball size hornets nest is about 6 ft from the yard--in the weedy woods--ground level. It goes from snake in the birdhouse to hot angry hornets. Sheesh. Any hornet fighters out there in topix land? Best suggestion so far is to wait till a dark cool night then dump a half gallon diesel on them. MY best idea is to let someone else handle the situation. Beings that it's by the yard and the kids play there, I've really got to get rid of them.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#91143 Jul 26, 2013
I saw something on tv yesterday advertising a booklet about home remedies for pest control. It mentioned fresh squeezed orange juice and peelings being good for ridding fleas from pets. It said that when the pet licks it, it is not harmful like some chemicals would be. So I googled "Oranges for fleas". Interesting reading. This is a bad time of the year for fleas, so I will get some oranges.

It also referenced putting a night light over a white bowl filled with Dawn dish liquid and water. The light attracts the fleas that fall into the liquid and drown and the fleas flee.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#91144 Jul 26, 2013
I stopped going to flea markets.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#91145 Jul 26, 2013
No more fleas.
Anne

United States

#91146 Jul 26, 2013
Does DAWN have a recipe booklet for all its many uses ?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#91147 Jul 26, 2013
Anne wrote:
Trama drama time at the ole homestead. A basketball size hornets nest is about 6 ft from the yard--in the weedy woods--ground level. It goes from snake in the birdhouse to hot angry hornets. Sheesh. Any hornet fighters out there in topix land? Best suggestion so far is to wait till a dark cool night then dump a half gallon diesel on them. MY best idea is to let someone else handle the situation. Beings that it's by the yard and the kids play there, I've really got to get rid of them.
Get hornet/wasp spray killer, with long range stream. Wait until after dark, when hornets go in the hive, then get a flashlight, target it, and spray away. Be sure to completely saturate the hive. Don't light a fire....you may burn the woods down. I almost did that a long time ago, but that's another story.

Location hidden

#91148 Jul 26, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I saw something on tv yesterday advertising a booklet about home remedies for pest control. It mentioned fresh squeezed orange juice and peelings being good for ridding fleas from pets. It said that when the pet licks it, it is not harmful like some chemicals would be. So I googled "Oranges for fleas". Interesting reading. This is a bad time of the year for fleas, so I will get some oranges.
It also referenced putting a night light over a white bowl filled with Dawn dish liquid and water. The light attracts the fleas that fall into the liquid and drown and the fleas flee.
Put Advantix II on DOG, every 30 days. If you put it between his shoulders, he cannot get at it to lick it off. The natural remedies are good for getting rid of fleas, but they don't get rid of ALL of them, including eggs laid that just lie in wait to hatch. Dog can also bring in an errant flea into the house, and if it is a female, oh Lord, they can multiply fast. I found that out the hard way long, long ago, and take no chances now. Advantix still works for fleas and ticks, but the other popular insecticides (including some of the more expensive ones) no longer work. Fleas build up tolerance, then immunity. In another year or two, if these mild winters keep up, Advantix will stop working too.

Location hidden

#91149 Jul 26, 2013
Imposter wrote:
I stopped going to flea markets.
Me, too. Goodwill is a better boutique with competitive prices. LOL

Location hidden

#91150 Jul 26, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>I trapped a skunk a few years ago, caught her in a live trap. I was after a coon that was tearing up my garbage. I was going to relocate the coon way off somewhere.
But anyway...I came one hair of sneaking that skunk into the courthouse and letting her go in there LOL. Glad I thought better of it, I figured I'd end up in the pokey if I did that.
This whole county stinks of corruption anyways. That skunk wouldn't really have been out of place down there with the rest of those politician skunks.
I agree. That would suit me just fine, but I too, would get caught and end up in the pokey. I'll just bet my county is one of the most corrupt in KY. The stuff that goes on here would curl your hair.

Location hidden

#91151 Jul 26, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I am either old enough, solo enough, or macho enough to not worry about what others may think of me. I wear loose cotton lounging pants and a house coat when the weather is cooler. Even been known to drop the house coat in lieu of a long sleeved tee and go to the Dollar Store. LOL Besides, I gave up on trying to win the beauty contest way back in 1978 LOL
I gave up the day I was born, LOL Jogging pants and sweaters are good in the cool weather, for around the house. In the hot weather, I roam around in underwear (if no one is home). It beats the heat.

Location hidden

#91152 Jul 26, 2013
Anne wrote:
My husband has a difficult time with any outbreak of poison--ivy, oak .. He ends up having to go to the doctor every time. He is so miserable and always talks about home remedies but we can't ever seem to find slippery elm.
Thanks for the discussion about home remedies. Couldn't find slippery elm bark, and wouldn't know it if I saw it. I ended up spreading the poison oak all over myself by the constant scratching, so I relented and went to the doctor today. Got a shot in the azz with some steroid, and a course of treatment with prednisone pills and some other type of pill designed to ease itching. I was never allergic to poison ivy/oak, and this is the first time that i had a problem, but oh boy, I made up for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 hr DANGEROUS CURVE A... 5,309
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Ari son of Anarchy 153,924
Really hurting for food/money right now 2 hr goodluck 3
Inappropriate behavior at abc 2 hr Backroadbobby 1
who do girl like more country boys or city boys? (Oct '08) 3 hr cassie burkhart 944
2003 honda crf 50 for sale (Jun '11) 4 hr weiissy 15
The Burg beats South Laurel 4 hr south 4
•••
•••
•••

Keavy Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Keavy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••