Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,680

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
somethingsmells

AOL

#89944 Jun 5, 2013
man ,...
years latter,....... it appears that they all died for nothing ,....
the country sure has turned into crap lately ,....
fight and die -- for what?,...

so indignant welfare crack addicts can keep producing as many babies as they wish ,..
and then demand that the rest of us support them for life ?

things sure have changed in the past 60 years ,...

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#89945 Jun 5, 2013
Just been a beautiful day here.
Hope you all enjoyed it.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#89946 Jun 5, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
some really informative posts lately. LOL
Ditto

Location hidden

#89947 Jun 5, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Considering the time difference, in about 6 more hours it will be the 69th anniversary of the Normandy Invasion ofJune 6, 1944. Many young men with just a few hours to live so that we can be here posting mostly nonsense. Shame on us.
I agree. The Invasion of Normandy is a testament to the bravery of soldiers. They persevered to victory, with many troops giving up their lives. Thanks for the reminder.

Location hidden

#89948 Jun 5, 2013
somethingsmells wrote:
man ,...
years latter,....... it appears that they all died for nothing ,....
the country sure has turned into crap lately ,....
fight and die -- for what?,...
so indignant welfare crack addicts can keep producing as many babies as they wish ,..
and then demand that the rest of us support them for life ?
things sure have changed in the past 60 years ,...
There is still hope, as long as people awaken, and hold tight to their values.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89949 Jun 5, 2013
Hey birdthreaders. Hope you enjoyed your day. We had a brief sprinkle and that was it outside the hot day. Loving summer! I did see Hawaii had a pretty big earthquake:

Hawaii earthquake shakes but no tsunami (+video)

Hawaii earthquake: A magnitude 5.3 earthquake struck off the coat of the Big Island, causing no serious damage or injuries. But are more earthquakes coming as a new island forms?
Pahala, Hawaii

The U.S. Geological Survey is revising the magnitude of an earthquake off the southeast coast of Hawaii to 5.3.

Tuesday afternoon's earthquake was centered about 34 miles (55 kilometers) southeast of Pahala on the Big Island, at a depth of about 25 miles (40 kilometers). Officials say it did not expected to generate a tsunami.

“The earth is very sound down there there’s not a lot of cracks, therefore waves travel very efficiently through the material,” USGS Hawaiian Volcano Observatory Seismic Network manager, Wes Thele told KHON2.com .

Hawaii County Civil Defense Director Darryl Oliveira says there are no immediate reports of damage.

The USGS reported earlier that the quake's magnitude was 5.6.

People as far away as Maui and Oahu reported weak shaking to the USGS. The Oahu Department of Emergency Management says some areas may have experienced strong shaking.

Kevin Dayton, the executive assistant to the mayor, says he felt a large jolt in the county building in Hilo.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-News-Wire...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89950 Jun 5, 2013
@lala, sorry I missed you. I seen some great videos you will like. Enjoy:

Dog Nearly Thrown Away Becomes a Celebrity for his Tricks

When Skidboot was young, he was such a handful his owners nearly gave him away. But then, they noticed he wasn't bad... he was just highly intelligent! God made this dog very special and he can do tricks that you won't believe!

http://www.godvine.com/Dog-Tricks-fb-gv-3421....

Loved that story.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89951 Jun 5, 2013
Pics of cool cat sharing dinner with mouse give us hope for the world

Thought all cats and mice were sworn enemies like Tom and Jerry? Check out this pair breaking bread together — make that cat food. Not that the mouse was invited. Owner Chris Brown said he'd just come downstairs when he spied his kitty, Mango, staring at his food bowl with this little guest munching away at his dinner. Clearly unaware of his position in the food chain hierarchy, Mango warily settled for water while the mouse gorged. Brown says his feline eventually summoned up the nerve to back the mouse into a corner but "didn't touch a hair on its head and the mouse happily went on its way after eating its fill."

http://now.msn.com/mango-the-cat-and-mouse-sh...

More and more videos of "sworn enemies" living, playing, and loving each other. I love them all. I wish humans could take a cue from them.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89952 Jun 5, 2013
lala, this one is another precious one you will like. Just too cute.

Orphaned foal finds comfort in his enormous teddy bear

The timeless and universal comfort of an enormous teddy bear held true recently when an abandoned baby foal needed a companion. The foal, named Breeze, was found by farmers at Dartmoor National Park in England just hours after its birth. Rescue workers from a mare and foal sanctuary are nursing him back from a severe state of shock and dehydration, but sometimes food and water are not enough. So they put a 4-foot teddy bear named Buttons in Breeze's pen, and the foal hasn't left his side. "We always give our orphaned foals a giant cuddly toy as a companion," said Syra Bowden said, the sanctuary's executive director. "They're just like human babies in the way it provides them with comfort."

http://now.msn.com/foal-sleeps-with-teddy-bea...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89953 Jun 5, 2013
These 15 fluffy cows are as cute and fuzzy as kittens

We bet you never asked yourself, "What would cows look like if they got their hair done?" But you should have. Why? Because they look like adorable bovine-teddy bear hybrids, that’s why! And we want to snuggle with them forever and ever. The Internet went crazy for these fluffy farm animals after a Redditor posted a photo of one from Lautner Farms in Adel, Iowa. It turns out these beautiful creatures are show cattle that have been primped and preened to look their best. Who knew this is what cattle look like after a blowout? Move over, cats. We can't wait for lolcows to be the new stars of the interwebs.

http://now.msn.com/fluffy-cow-photos-feature-...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89954 Jun 5, 2013
Makes me think of little Leona, I wish LSD923 would pop in with an update on his little princess.

This will definitely make you laugh. It's that cute.

Precious Baby Babbles to Her Daddy on a Cell Phone

Babies are SO smart; they learn what to do in life by watching us. So when this darling little girl grabs a cell phone and starts chatting to her daddy... it's the cutest thing ever! She is a little smartie-pants.

http://www.godvine.com/Baby-Babbles-fb-gv-341...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89955 Jun 5, 2013
This makes me think of UNA haha, he did love the GODvine duck story. lol

Brighten up your day with this baby duckling rescue

Whether you're swamped with emails or up against a deadline, it's never not a good time to watch a bevy of baby ducklings get reunited with their mama. This video opens with a duck quacking for help while peering into a sewer filled with trapped baby ducklings. Luckily, two cops heed the urgent quacks and peeps and come to the rescue. After the manhole cover is lifted, the baby ducklings are placed in a box and led to a lake where the happy reunion takes place. It's a nice little pick-me-up for a day otherwise filled with stress and responsibility.

http://now.msn.com/baby-duckling-rescue-recor...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89956 Jun 5, 2013
Check out a few reasons the grammar cops are always on full alert

One extremist is toting fake bombs to show his outrage over blatant abuses. Another is spouting lighten-up heresy. Here in the mushy middle, we'd like to think everyone can agree that the ongoing assault on proper grammar and spelling in our society is neither the end of the world nor a silly trifle. Annoying? A poor reflection on our educational system? Sheer laziness? Possibly. Hilarious? Always. Unless you're a badge-wearing officer in the grammar police, that is. Then you're going to hit the siren when you see someone jaywalking across Literacy Street or committing grand theft grammar. If that's you, then take your blood pressure meds before clicking through this lineup.

http://now.msn.com/grammar-police-will-go-wil...

hahaha
Anne

United States

#89957 Jun 5, 2013
Hello, everyone!! I haven't taken the time to read the last weeks posts and I hope all is well!
Btw, the homemade weed killer -- the vinegar/dawn/salt kill that was posted on here - IT WORKS!!
I was down in the dumps with tractor problems and lawnmower problems and then to top the week off, I spilled gasoline in the trunk of my new-to-me car :-(
How does one get rid of that awful smell?
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#89958 Jun 5, 2013
I agree with AW and Lala...Thanks to our Soldiers for defending freedom in our great country and abroad. They endure more than most civilians will ever know; nevertheless, we get to see what happens when they are injured, pass, and become mentally scarred. Bless our older generations and our youth of today for having made the choice to defend her the U.S.A.We ♥Thank you from my Family and me.We appreciate all that you do.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89959 Jun 5, 2013
Anne wrote:
Hello, everyone!! I haven't taken the time to read the last weeks posts and I hope all is well!
Btw, the homemade weed killer -- the vinegar/dawn/salt kill that was posted on here - IT WORKS!!
I was down in the dumps with tractor problems and lawnmower problems and then to top the week off, I spilled gasoline in the trunk of my new-to-me car :-(
How does one get rid of that awful smell?
Hope one of these work for you. Baking soda and vinegar should do it and of course there is always the miracle DAWN dishwashing liquid.

How to Remove Gas Odor From a Car
Gas odors come from spilled gas or exposure to gas. One way to get rid of these odors in a car is to use baking soda and vinegar. A bowl of vinegar absorbs the smell in the air, while, baking soda pulls the smell from the fabric in the car. The baking soda also cleans the fabric and removes stains from any spilled gas. Baking soda and vinegar do not have any negative interactions with gas. Both products are safe to inhale and environmentally friendly.
- Home and Garden

A good tip, one that truckers have been using for a while, is to add ground coffee mix directly on the spot and leave them there for a week or so. The reason for that is that coffee contains a series of oils that absorb odors. There is no need for expensive coffee, even the cheapest brand will do and it won't even leave a stain on the carpet, so there is no danger.

Another odor-neutralizing substance is baking soda, and lots of it too. Sprinkle on the spot and leave overnight. The next day, brush it off and then you can vacuum the rest. The smell should be gone, and you're free to drive around all day without feeling sick to your stomach.

The fact that gasoline is an oily product, you can try out dishwashing liquid. This has the chemical composition to break down the oil and it should work like a charm in also eliminating the odor. For better results, apply directly on the stain and let it soak.

You might even try an older “recipe” that involves some apple cider vinegar and a spray bottle. The method requires you to spray a fine mist on the carpet and also in the inside of the car and leave it overnight with the windows open. It's not a foolproof method, but it might work for you.
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/how-to-get-...

I love all those DIY methods. Glad the weed killer one worked for you. So much more environmental friendly...and CHEAPER. Have a great night.
Blueminer

United States

#89961 Jun 5, 2013
Hello Everyone! hope you're all doing great.
I was wondering if there had been any discussion here about Comet ISON?

This will be a fascinating event! I'm thinking it may also make for some future good meteor showers.

I still remember seeing Haleys comet every morning while doing my paper route.
Blueminer

United States

#89962 Jun 5, 2013
what the wrote:
<quoted text>imagine the gripes and moans from the soft ,.. spoiled , over paid , man-children of today ,.....
if they had to endure just a small percentage of the demands called for and put fourth on the solders at D DAY back in 1944 ?
how much pay do you think would be suitable ,..
for spending an entire day preparing and loading into a troop ship ,...
departing at 10 PM
waiting sleepless, overnight in choppy seas ,..
enduring hunger and sea sickness ...
until the dark hours of pre - dawn ,...
only to be shuffled up and over the side of the ship ,..loaded down over loaded with 80 pounds of gear ,...ammo and a rifle ,
climbing rung by rung down a swaying rope landing net ,..droping the final four foot gap between the nets end and the cold wet floor of the landing craft ,..
chocking on the opaque haze of diesel smoke ,..
then to endure hour after hour , as they are driven in circles amid choppy seas ,...in a non seaworthy little plywood boat ,..as they await their scheduled time appointment with death and dismemberment on the beaches of some distant unfriendly country ,..,..
Whether or not some aspects of your post are true the first few sentences are highly offensive to many.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#89963 Jun 6, 2013
Perhaps some people need to be offended LOL Being offended gets the adrenalin flowing and creates motivation. I perform my best work under those circumstances.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#89964 Jun 6, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Perhaps some people need to be offended LOL Being offended gets the adrenalin flowing and creates motivation. I perform my best work under those circumstances.
I agree--- offended means you are the offense of a verbal play.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 50 min Walk with God 661
Check this out 2 hr SOBER Mule 1
North football 2 hr Really 45
Mitch MCConnell is after your Social Security! 2 hr Thief 4
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Mike Duquette 131,476
GOP Angry, Voters Rejected Romney/Ryan 2 hr Well 55
Atheists, how will U deal with Islam's Martial ... 2 hr Historian 3
Keavy Dating
Find my Match

Keavy Jobs

Keavy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Keavy News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Keavy

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]