Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,677

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
none of your buisness

Paris, KY

#89500 May 18, 2013
Today I was driving and if you know when birds are in one huge flock they all fell in mid air!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#89501 May 18, 2013
What a beautiful day!!
I hope you all had a good day!!

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#89502 May 19, 2013
Wow, a quiet night. I hope you all have a good day!!
Anne

United States

#89503 May 19, 2013
Good morning to all of you! It's going to be a wonderful day!!!!

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#89505 May 19, 2013
Sudden storms popped up. It was noisy but harmless.
Tollesboro Guy

Morehead, KY

#89506 May 19, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Sudden storms popped up. It was noisy but harmless.
I am in Tollesboro, about 12 miles East of Maysville. It poured rain Thursday and last Thursday it poured 4 inches. We mow 6 acres around the house with two riding mowers and two push mowers and a weed-eater.

We only have help on Friday when my bro-in-law is off work and brings my sister. I takes 6 hours between the four of us to mow, rake, haul the grass with a trailer and wagon to the horses. Weed eat around the gas tank, the RV, the big barn and the storage shed then the foundation which has 12 cinder block pillars for the all around porch.

It's a booger, there will probably be 60 wagon loads of cuttings when my wife and I HAVE to tackle it this week, may take 2 days. Mom & Dad say it is supposed to rain all week, I don't see it on The Weather Channel.

Tried hiring it out to two teenage brothers using all of our equipment. A new Husqvarna 54 inch cut and a new John Deere 48 inch cut, both hydrostatic transmissions. They made such a mess and half undone I threatened not to pay them the full price.

Shouldn't be this big a hassle every week all summer but we have a blast for lunch every Friday. I'm just griping. Praise the Lord I am here to do that. I had pancreatic cancer in 2004 and have BEAT IT. Nobody does. I think God kept me here for a reason but I don't think it is mowing yards.:-)
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#89507 May 19, 2013
Shouldn't be this big a hassle every week all summer but we have a blast for lunch every Friday. I'm just griping. Praise the Lord I am here to do that. I had pancreatic cancer in 2004 and have BEAT IT. Nobody does. I think God kept me here for a reason but I don't think it is mowing yards.:-)Tollesboro Guy

@ Tollesboro Guy. Sometimes, you'll find people who'll do a job the way you want than other times not. Younger Folks often rush while older Folks have a tendency to be more thorough. Ahhh, I wouldn't call it griping, just blowing off steam. You're right about beating the odds. Thankfully your Family helps. No,mowing yards is part of the bigger picture. On some level or another you are a positive force in somebody's life. Your gift of existing is a spectrum of the lifeforce whether that mean by being a helper, giver, a lover or all three. Blessings come in all different ways.

Rained in spurts here in eastern Ky. Joy can be heard as evident in the birds' singing. Have spotted several geese in the area. Fine day to All;)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#89508 May 19, 2013
I mow about 2 acres and enjoy doing it, especially since when I was a young teen I had to mow a good part of it with an old manual reel mower with no engine. LOL For gardening, I was the mule and had to pull the push plow while my dad laid out the rows or tilled in between the rows. I guess being the "mule" is why I am now so stubborn. LOL

I had a heart attack and carotid artery surgery in 2009 and the CREATOR keeps me around to admire his handiwork including the grass. I can worship here just as well as in Church, although I do go to church and I am just too stubborn to croak until the Good Lord says it is my time and when it is, I will go out smiling.
Ugh

Pikeville, KY

#89509 May 19, 2013
Birds falling wveeywhwre

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#89510 May 19, 2013
Another beautiful day. A little rain and thunder but still nice!
Test

Morehead, KY

#89512 May 19, 2013
Test
Corey

Ashland, KY

#89514 May 19, 2013
It all has a natural, rational explanation. The bible is a bunch of crap.
Wifispy

Bellevue, WA

#89515 May 19, 2013
Corey wrote:
It all has a natural, rational explanation. The bible is a bunch of crap.
satan loves you corey..now go' run away and follow ur leader' go, go. Corey. Satans calling, and your going to get the obama award for that reply. Christians are terrorist
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#89516 May 19, 2013
good evening guys!

got hubby out the door finally and was going to turn in but thought....hmm wonder whats going on in topixland. looks like its been pretty slow this weekend on here.

so i guess back to me then....

hubby is stopping by the main office in the morning to put in his two weeks. so of course i have officially freaked out and started applying for a second job in the evenings. i know (well...he says) we will be ok and his v.a. entitlement should kick in soon after he starts school. we have been saving money and stock piling goods for a little bit too...but i just cant calm down till the check is in the bank. sigh....

wonder how many wars have been started with a women whose stability is threatened? lol it will make you do some crazy things.... re-joining the fast food industry after my bout at the hut last year is down right bat-s#it crazy...but here i go! on the one hand i know the lord will provide.... but the other more irrational and slightly louder hand is totaling up bills and counting cans and bags of beans.

well off that tangent and on to another.

poor joe poodle is sick and has been throwing up every time he eats since Saturday morning. probably just something viral he caught from me and all the other animals i am around but i had my brothers family over Friday night for supper and i cant totally rule out poison a la meatloaf. so he is coming to work with me in the morning so my boss can have a look.(not that i think im sharing anything new but..... for all you that have four legged friends) onions are toxic to dogs and in the right amounts can cause heart and renal (kidney) failure. he would have had to eat a good bit of meatloaf to get enough onions to do anything really but who knows how much of it my nieces would have pawned off on him to get to their dessert quicker so i figure.... free doggy healthcare anyway... i would rather ere on the side of caution and let them take some blood.
i have only seen one case of onion poisoning and it was in a boxer that ate the whole meatloaf off the table while no one was looking, and there wasn't really a whole lot of vomiting going on...just constipation, bad gas, and bad anemia (because the onions actually cause their bodies to break down their own blood cells which is also what leads to the kidney failure) but that dog had to stay there a whole week on fluids so it can be really serious. yup i would rather just get him checked.

he thinks his name is "poor baby" now.lol

have a good night everyone.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#89517 May 20, 2013
Well, another cool morning. Might get a few showers today, but that doesn't worry me much. Hope you all will be safe! Have a great day!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89519 May 20, 2013
Hey BIRD threaders. I hope you all are enjoying the hot humid weather. I have so enjoyed the swimming in the last couple days. Still pretty cold, but this week ought to heat it up good.

Have to work this evening for a few hours, so I am off to get a bite to eat and get ready. I hope you all have your AC on. It feels so good coming in from the heat and humidity. Love it. I will leave you with a few good videos and the earthquake report. There is some crazy weather going on again, tornados, freak snow storms and Arkansas rocking a little.

Enjoy your day.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89520 May 20, 2013
Love this one on Armed Forces Day!

The Emotional Reunion of a Soldier and the Dog That Saved His Life in Afghanistan

Sgt. Ross Gundlach served in the Marines alongside a dog named Casey; Casey spent everyday with him, saved his life and gave him love in a terrible place. Ross missed the dog terribly and wished they could somehow be reunited... and thank God, that wish came true!!

http://www.godvine.com/The-Emotional-Reunion-...

Too cute. Dogs are so smart.

Smart Dog Gets Her Frisbee in a Clever Way

When Maya the Weimaraner lost her frisbee in the pool, she knew she wasn't allowed to jump in and retrieve it... so this clever puppy does something so smart to get her toy back! Just watch!
http://www.godvine.com/Smart-Dog-Gets-Her-Fri...

This one is amazing...
Gorilla Miraculously Saves Toddler's Life After He Fell into a Dangerous Den

God's angels truly come in all shapes and sizes! After a toddler fell many feet into a dangerous gorilla enclosure, a lone gorilla protected him and cradled him, keeping him away from the aggressive gorillas until paramedics arrived. This scene is unbelievable, a must see!

http://www.godvine.com/Gorilla-Miraculously-S...

Sea Lion Gets Concerned For a Little Girl

What one sea lion affectionately does for a little girl is the cutest thing ever! The girl was playing near the sea lion enclosure and then she fell; when she did, the sea lion closest to her grew concerned and looked to make sure she was okay. Too cute!

http://www.godvine.com/Sea-Lion-Gets-Concerne...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89521 May 20, 2013
For the BIRDS:

Distraction: Bird won't stop talking

Disco the parakeet simply won't shut up. And it's really cute. And real!

http://www.cnn.com/video/...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89522 May 20, 2013
Earthquakes and the Madrid Fault Area

Arkansas 3 so far
Magnitude: 3.2

Oregon
Magnitude: 4.1

California and Alaska are still having them.

Elsewhere:

Chile
Magnitude: 6.8

Afghanistan
Magnitude: 5.1

Russia
Magnitude: 5.1

Phillipines 4.9, Iran 4.8, Turkey, Greece, Bosnia and Puerto Rico having earthquakes too.

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#89523 May 20, 2013
Beautiful day!
I know it was a little hot, but still nice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 19 min rayjay 131,388
Don,t Buy KIA vehicles 1 hr menokia 9
Marvin Gardens Trailer Park 2 hr Browneyedangel1959 1
North football 2 hr Card 37
Charge It 2 hr whoopdareitis 1
GOP Lies About Social Security 3 hr Curmudgeon 120
GOP Angry, Voters Rejected Romney/Ryan 3 hr Curmudgeon 46
Keavy Dating
Find my Match

Keavy Jobs