Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
74,901 - 74,920 of 81,557 Comments Last updated Yesterday

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Good night people!
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

betty wrote:
guess i will call it a night also.... tomorrow will be one of those crazy days where i run around during my lunch and after work trying to beat the traffic to the electric company before it closes .... gotta love mondays!
OMG!! My 'lecttic bill!!! Gotta get it paid!

G'nite all!!
Btw, when you painted over the words on the tarp, I hope you didn't paint a large bullseye! Lol
Ok. I'm getting silly. G'nite.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

For all the "Good Nights", Good Morning LOL

I wonder what project I can get into this week to justify my existence? Maybe I will go help that old 80 year old man repair some siding on his shanty.

If I just look around, I can surely find other ways to share my Blessings. The Senior Citizen's Center might be a good place to start looking and if I take the cook some eggs, she might have a treat for me and Dog. Wonder what day she will have apple turn-overs? or peach cobbler?

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Good Foggy morning!! Hope you all have a lovely day!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
For all the "Good Nights", Good Morning LOL
I wonder what project I can get into this week to justify my existence? Maybe I will go help that old 80 year old man repair some siding on his shanty.
If I just look around, I can surely find other ways to share my Blessings. The Senior Citizen's Center might be a good place to start looking and if I take the cook some eggs, she might have a treat for me and Dog. Wonder what day she will have apple turn-overs? or peach cobbler?
It's nice of you to help like that. Maybe, you'll get a tasty morsel after all. You deserve it;) I have babysat for free and done shopping for an older lady I know. It hasn't been much. However, I have two children at home so it's difficult to do much. I hope my prayers, thoughts and kindness Bless those who need them. I realize, they don't harm. Birds are excited this morning. Beautiful! You have a fine day, AW!
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Sheesh. That spinning class still does a number on me. I'm doing two classes this week and next so I should see some good results. If the class is done correctly it eats up about 500 calories!

Betty- it will be nice having him around for the evenings and nights! It's scary to be alone in bed at night when the neighbors dog walks around the corner of your house with its 20 chain scraping and thumping against the downspout . Lol
And Misty. My better half comes home this week also. He's been living 12 hours away for the better part of three years. He was home 3 weeks last year and has been home one week so far this year.:-(
Well, Roaming. At least we didn't go straight into hot summer this year. But I do wish our days were in the mid 70's! Lol
AW. So u ain't got nuthin ta do?? Come on over! Thursday n Friday my Amish worker and I ( and maybe my husband if he gets home) are setting this little shed up and putting on new siding and new roofing for these chickens we plan to get. I think it's going go be the case of the $100. apiece eggs! Lol
LMN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

No true

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Hope you all had a good Monday! Mine was busy as usual. Hope the birds didn't eat all the seeds.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

My goodness! Time got away from us today! Hope everyone gets plenty of good rest tonight!

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Well, have a good night, bird threaders. I'm out!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Hi everyone!! Long time, again!!!

I'm overjoyed to see leaves on all of the trees and flowers starting to bloom everywhere! What a loooooong winter it was, huh?

Hope everyone is doing well. It looks like everyone has been busy outside. I enjoyed reading about the gardens and things that some of you have going on. Way to go!!

Still nothing from Blue though. And where is Hemp? It's unnatural for them both to be gone this long... Praying that things are okay on their sides of the rock..

Anne, don't fret over those $100.00 eggs. In the beginning it feels that way. But it'll even itself out. Not to mention the entertainment you get out of watching your hens every day. They're clowns and can make you laugh with the silly things they do... I initially had so much money tied up in mine that I thought I'd have been better off NOT having any. But during all the years that they've continued to produce eggs AND make me smile? Priceless blessings...
(And nutritious, naturally. Hormone free, fresh free range eggs? Nothing better IMO).

Okay, well, chat later!! Looks like everyone might be in bed right now. I'm always too late for a good chat here anymore it seems.

God bless you, everyone!!
Goodnight!

treehugger

Middlesboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Not true
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Hi everyone!! Long time, again!!!
I'm overjoyed to see leaves on all of the trees and flowers starting to bloom everywhere! What a loooooong winter it was, huh?
Hope everyone is doing well. It looks like everyone has been busy outside. I enjoyed reading about the gardens and things that some of you have going on. Way to go!!
Still nothing from Blue though. And where is Hemp? It's unnatural for them both to be gone this long... Praying that things are okay on their sides of the rock..
Anne, don't fret over those $100.00 eggs. In the beginning it feels that way. But it'll even itself out. Not to mention the entertainment you get out of watching your hens every day. They're clowns and can make you laugh with the silly things they do... I initially had so much money tied up in mine that I thought I'd have been better off NOT having any. But during all the years that they've continued to produce eggs AND make me smile? Priceless blessings...
(And nutritious, naturally. Hormone free, fresh free range eggs? Nothing better IMO).
Okay, well, chat later!! Looks like everyone might be in bed right now. I'm always too late for a good chat here anymore it seems.
God bless you, everyone!!
Goodnight!
And what about Abliever? She has been missing for a while too. Yes, chickens can be quite entertaining. Mine free range only in the afternoons after collecting my eggs. The get layer pellets in the mornings and scratch grains at dusk to tell them it is time to quit free ranging and come home to roost. The Big rooster walks along in front of me, looking back to tell me I am walking too slow. LOL. The little rooster brings up the rear and making sure that no straggling hens get left behind.

It is funny to see how they choose the same roosting spot every night, with some hens making sure they get to sit next to the roosters. One likes to suspend and rock back and forth all night long on one of those orange electric cords strung across the top of the main building. I have baby chicks in the tool shed closest to the house, and an incubator going in my laundry room where I hope to have at least a 25% hatch rate with more babies in mid-May. Besides the entertainment, chickens are my part time job and gives me something to do. I sell enough eggs to town folk to cover the cost of feed and give away the rest in exchange for a slice of pies and cakes and such.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Another Beautiful morning! Going to be in the 80's today! Enjoy it, it won't last!!
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Good morning!!
It's a beautiful morning!...just like you said , Roaming!

I hadn't even considered the entertainment value of these chickens! A little bonus there. Nope, I think I will set a bench out by the little chicken shed just for that purpose. After all, got a couple chairs down by where I feed the fish, a glider by the trampoline, rockers on the porch...soon, a bench by the chicken coop! Green Acres all over again! Lol AW, you seen to have quite the operation going there! i won't ever get that far with mine but I'm a little envious if what all you've done.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
And what about Abliever? She has been missing for a while too. Yes, chickens can be quite entertaining. Mine free range only in the afternoons after collecting my eggs. The get layer pellets in the mornings and scratch grains at dusk to tell them it is time to quit free ranging and come home to roost. The Big rooster walks along in front of me, looking back to tell me I am walking too slow. LOL. The little rooster brings up the rear and making sure that no straggling hens get left behind.
It is funny to see how they choose the same roosting spot every night, with some hens making sure they get to sit next to the roosters. One likes to suspend and rock back and forth all night long on one of those orange electric cords strung across the top of the main building. I have baby chicks in the tool shed closest to the house, and an incubator going in my laundry room where I hope to have at least a 25% hatch rate with more babies in mid-May. Besides the entertainment, chickens are my part time job and gives me something to do. I sell enough eggs to town folk to cover the cost of feed and give away the rest in exchange for a slice of pies and cakes and such.
was wondering about AB also. hope everything is ok. but im sure she is out enjoying this weather. i haven't had much computer time either.... cause its just been so nice! wonder if she is going to any of the derby hoopla?

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Ah what a lovely day! Wish I could have been outside in it. Will definately be out in it tomorrow!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Thread postings are rather few and far between. Has the bird thread run it's course?
bird watcher

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

I saw a few today... Yellow spotted birch neck
bird watcher

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Maybe not that exactly, but it's what I call em

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Keavy Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Keavy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••