Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,745)

Showing posts 74,881 - 74,900 of81,549
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Go All A wrote:
<quoted text>
how do you think I got myself in a position to qualify for this type of 'work'? You don't get to hang out with beautiful ladies sipping pina coladas unless you're sporting some decent abs...or have lots of money...or both. I get plenty of exercise too, btw. Have a four pack now, should have a six pack by the time summer rolls around ; )
Bull, more like a 12 pack a day beer belly.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

well you get one spot not leaking and another starts......

my best friends mother in law gave me a tarp (that's actually an old billboard ad for the church of Scientology.)

hubby says "oh great now when obummers drones fly over they will think we are devil worshipers and move on..... lmao like the lambs blood!" quite the leap if you ask me and borderline blasphemous but i couldn't help but laugh hysterically. <shakes head>

other than that i have really super great news!
as of june 1st hubby will be saying goodbye to his hated third shift job to go back to college. got his admission letter in the mail yesterday.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

betty wrote:
my best friends mother in law gave me a tarp (that's actually an old billboard ad for the church of Scientology.)
hubby says "oh great now when obummers drones fly over they will think we are devil worshipers and move on..... lmao like the lambs blood!" quite the leap if you ask me and borderline blasphemous but i couldn't help but laugh hysterically. <shakes head>
as of june 1st hubby will be saying goodbye to his hated third shift job to go back to college. got his admission letter in the mail yesterday.
LMAO about the billboard. Great that Hubby is going back to go college. I regret having to drop out myself. Circumstances. Anyway, you all hang in there. It's difficult, but rewarding in the long run. Hope your plants are doing well. Nice to hear your good news;)
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

A few sprinkles yesterday did not stop me. I had the mitre-saw set up under the eave of the overhanging roof line. But running short on lumber and nails and the downpour out there right now will.

But from the Biblical Creation story, even GOD rested on the 7th day. So I suppose I will do the same and running short on nails and lumber is a good thing. LOL

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Looks like some places got some flooding. Glad we aren't getting that here. I listened to the thunder most of the night. Lights went off briefly too.
Just getting ready to head out to work again. Going to be a nice day...I think. You all have a good one.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

betty wrote:
Lol. Guess we all need tarps like yours!! Lol
Those third shift days are rough. We lived with swing shift for too many years.
Congrats on the "back to school " decision! Classes will have their own challenge soon enough. I always enjoyed classroom time, but tests? Not so much!:-(
I'm afraid to look outside. Rain? Cold? I've got a small trip planned and just need to get up and do it. The light showing through the curtains is gray so not much hope for a sunshiny day..
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

For many years, I managed 3 shifts operating 24/7/365 and actually had a number of folks that preferred the 3rd shift primarily because they still had their evenings at home with family, did not have to fight with commuter traffic, and could dress more casually.

The 2nd shift was the most difficult to staff and could generally only get single folks to work that shift. Second shift people with children never got to see them and could only have friends with other 2nd shift people.

Since: Jul 12

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Although I have eclectic musical tastes, I agree that George Jones was one of the top country singers, with a career spanning decades. He's lucky to have lived to the ripe age of 81, given his long, and tough battles with alcohol. My favorite song of his is "He stopped loving her today."
He was one of a kind. I like so many of his songs, it's hard to pick just one, but I do love Who's Going to Fill Their Shoes.

Since: Jul 12

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

This police officer sees an old lady driving, and knitting, at the same time. So, after driving next to her for a couple of blocks, he hits the switch to the passenger window, lowers it, and hollers,"PULLOVER!"

She look at him and replies, "No hon-ney! It's a pair of socks!"

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Warm and cloudy. Just another day in Kentucky paradise.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Warm and cloudy. Just another day in Kentucky paradise.
I'd rather have sunny and hot, but otherwise, I agree. Beautiful weather in Kentucky, but the mild winters bring summers of lots of bugs. Heck, they grow so big, I could put a saddle on one of 'em.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather have sunny and hot, but otherwise, I agree. Beautiful weather in Kentucky, but the mild winters bring summers of lots of bugs. Heck, they grow so big, I could put a saddle on one of 'em.
I'm wondering if we will ever really get any of that Spring weather. I like the Winter but I am sick of it already.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

"Into every life a little rain must fall..." And
"It rains upon the just and the unjust..."
So true, so true! Today, finally, it did rain some then it headed towards the northeast..!
With all this rain going on I figured it'd be a good time to wash out the trash totes so at least they are much cleaner now!!
We fed the pond fish and did they ever like that! Jumping around like crazy. My grand daughter wanted to throw in a line to catch some but I talked her out of it. She helped stock the pond and remembers how small they were. Lots of good eatin' in there now!!!
Oh my lovely birds. Blamed outside cats have discovered a bluebird box. The picture of the black cat laying across the top of the box with his nose stuck in the opening...really great! But I need to put a guard on the post to keep him away from them . The outside cats were NOT my idea.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

@ Anne, the pic. of that cat would be great. They have their personalities that's for certain. I bet those birds are looking tasty;) Hehe. Your fish sound really good grilled. Yummy. I raised baby koi in a 55 gal. aquarium. I gave them away after one flipped over the side. They grew about a foot long. The mirrored one was just lovely! Anyway, I'd never had eaten my ornamental babies. I just wished the new owners had treated them properly. Within a month or so they died. I would like a pond one day. Maybe have some bass or trout.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Eating healthier and walking briskly several miles a week has paid off:) 10 lb. off the Ol butt and gut. 10-15 more to go. With partner coming home after nine weeks, I am feeling frisky just like Tweety being chased by Sylvester.You Folks have a goodnight night; may peace find the ones who don't rest well.And to all the weary, troubled and ill souls out there my Blessings to you for a speedy recovery.Live,love,be merry.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> LMAO about the billboard. Great that Hubby is going back to go college. I regret having to drop out myself. Circumstances. Anyway, you all hang in there. It's difficult, but rewarding in the long run. Hope your plants are doing well. Nice to hear your good news;)
our frost this past week bit some of my beans but i planted so many in the bucket that i was more than sure i would have to thin them so really nature just saved me the trouble.... the rest are starting to climb a little. my peas and cabbage are doing great. i threw some watermelon seeds out on the hillside a few weeks ago but i haven't seen anything come out yet. hostas are already well on thier way to invading everything. verdict is still out on my peppers, some got sapped when i transplanted but i think i may get a few good looking ones out of it.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Guess we all need tarps like yours!! Lol
Those third shift days are rough. We lived with swing shift for too many years.
Congrats on the "back to school " decision! Classes will have their own challenge soon enough. I always enjoyed classroom time, but tests? Not so much!:-(
I'm afraid to look outside. Rain? Cold? I've got a small trip planned and just need to get up and do it. The light showing through the curtains is gray so not much hope for a sunshiny day..
im too chicken to leave the slogan on it so i spray painted over most of it before we got it tied on. knowing some of the locals out my way i would be afraid they would come with pitchforks and lanterns in an angry mob and torch it to the ground.

yes very excited about getting out of the third shift job! we have the craziest schedule and a lot of times he misses out on sleep to get things done. he has been at that job for six years and in the last three, you could really start to see it wearing on him in his hairline.

it will be a nice change to have him home at night and away during the day. last year he had to transfer to days for almost six months and got used to sunshine again so figured it would not be long since he had to switch back that i could finally talk him into school or he would be looking fir a new job. been trying to get him into it for years cause he gets to go for free using his g.i. bill entitlement, but he just never could decide what he wanted to do. im like.....go for political science for all i care! if you got a way to go for free...do it! we will be paying off my student loans for prolly twenty years or more! but im glad i didn't have to push and beg.... he will do better wanting to be there and it will be nice having him home at night.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Great Betty. I have some late night chores. Have a good one. It sounds like your plants will do well overall. I wish you good luck with them;) Night.Give that melon time. When you notice sprouts, you'll be getting some goodies.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
Eating healthier and walking briskly several miles a week has paid off:) 10 lb. off the Ol butt and gut. 10-15 more to go. With partner coming home after nine weeks, I am feeling frisky just like Tweety being chased by Sylvester.You Folks have a goodnight night; may peace find the ones who don't rest well.And to all the weary, troubled and ill souls out there my Blessings to you for a speedy recovery.Live,love,be merry.
nighty night misty!

have you a pool? or access to one? i have dropped twenty pounds a summer for the past two years just having fun splashing around...of course Thanksgiving and Christmas bring about half of that back...lol
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

guess i will call it a night also.... tomorrow will be one of those crazy days where i run around during my lunch and after work trying to beat the traffic to the electric company before it closes .... gotta love mondays!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 74,881 - 74,900 of81,549
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Keavy Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Keavy Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••