Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,786

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Anne

United States

#88089 Mar 30, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I don't do anything much just for myself, or to have fun.
I cherish every minute with my parents. Mom is near 80, and dad is near 85, and I know we can't live forever.:( I don't know what I'll do when I lose them. I have many friend, but my mom is my BEST friend.:)
My mom was my best friend but I realized it too late. They would both be 81 this year. Moms gone 20, dad 11 years. Funny thing sometimes it'll flash through my head "oh, I gotta tell mom this". Guess I'm in a melancholy mood this evening!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#88090 Mar 30, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
My mom was my best friend but I realized it too late. They would both be 81 this year. Moms gone 20, dad 11 years. Funny thing sometimes it'll flash through my head "oh, I gotta tell mom this". Guess I'm in a melancholy mood this evening!
Cheer up. Life passes within a blink of an eye. I believe all will be reunited on the other side of the thin veil that separates our earthly existence from everlasting life beyond. A baby, just prior to birth must feel that it surely is going to die, but the birth just transitions that baby to a new stage in its existence. Love and prayers to all. Lala

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#88091 Mar 30, 2013
Happy Easter, my fine feathered friends. Hope that everyone had a nice day. AW, you will keep yourself young with all that exercise that you get. I could use you on my farm. As soon as the weather warms up a bit and the land dries out, we have to fix fences, start cleaning up the outbuildings,and mowing the grass will soon follow. Hubby and I are starting to exercise. I'm up to walking on my gravel road which leads to the back fields and the river. It's a half mile up and a half mile back. That's good for starters. I can gradually work up to two miles if I circle around both back fields before turning toward home. I have made good progress on getting better. Last year at this time, I was having surgery, the first of three procedures that almost had me at the undertakers. When I finally got home, I could only walk with the aid of a walker, and hubby had to help me do that. Now I'm walking for a mile at a brisk pace, and not landing on my arse every two feet. When I start feeling sorry for myself, I think back about how I was then, and how far I have come. Eventually, I may be able to ride a horse. That's my next goal. I thank Our Creator every day for giving me the courage to carry on.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#88092 Mar 30, 2013
Good night, everyone. May you all have pleasant dreams and wake up bright-eyed and bushy tailed. I keep you all in my prayers. Lala
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#88095 Mar 30, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Happy Easter, my fine feathered friends. Hope that everyone had a nice day. AW, you will keep yourself young with all that exercise that you get. I could use you on my farm. As soon as the weather warms up a bit and the land dries out, we have to fix fences, start cleaning up the outbuildings,and mowing the grass will soon follow. Hubby and I are starting to exercise. I'm up to walking on my gravel road which leads to the back fields and the river. It's a half mile up and a half mile back. That's good for starters. I can gradually work up to two miles if I circle around both back fields before turning toward home. I have made good progress on getting better. Last year at this time, I was having surgery, the first of three procedures that almost had me at the undertakers. When I finally got home, I could only walk with the aid of a walker, and hubby had to help me do that. Now I'm walking for a mile at a brisk pace, and not landing on my arse every two feet. When I start feeling sorry for myself, I think back about how I was then, and how far I have come. Eventually, I may be able to ride a horse. That's my next goal. I thank Our Creator every day for giving me the courage to carry on.
Agree. I had a heart attack and a quad bypass 4 years ago, then a month later (4 years ago this past Monday) I had a carotid artery surgery and could not even speak from March to October. The surgeon had to move the nerve endings that controlled my vocal chords and the CREATOR saw fit for me to carry on and gave me 6 months of meditation to think without speaking before giving me back my voice. The Bible tells us "Be still and know that I am GOD" but it also tells us to make a joyful noise unto the Lord. So GOD knows that we need to do both.

Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#88096 Mar 30, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
My mom was my best friend but I realized it too late. They would both be 81 this year. Moms gone 20, dad 11 years. Funny thing sometimes it'll flash through my head "oh, I gotta tell mom this". Guess I'm in a melancholy mood this evening!
I lost both my parents 16 years ago and my wife 8 years ago and my career 3 years ago. That is when I came back after being gone for 50 years to the Homestead of my childhood and everything I touch and feel around here has some fond memory. Even the work is nostalgic, but no longer melancholy.

While working on the old smokehouse, I found a picture I had drawn on the wall out there in the 1950s. It was a child's rendering of a house with a fence and chickens on the ground and birds in the air and beneath it I had written my name and the caption "Home Sweet Home". I remodeled all around the wall but left that one piece to remind me that I am home. The CREATOR has trully blessed me. Often times we hear "GOD BLESS YOU". I contend that HE already has and now it is up to us to pass it on.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#88097 Mar 31, 2013
Dog is through stretching and rolling on the carpet and running outside to chase away the boogers and check out his tree. Now he wants us to go get some more rest. Good night/morning to all.
alpha

Staffordsville, KY

#88098 Mar 31, 2013
100 species of animals are pushed to the edge of extinction everyday. Look up how many species have become extinct since humans took over as the top of the food chain.
More so, look up how many times birds have just fell from the sky. Alfred Hitchcock's famous novel was based on the very phenomenon, look up swarms of fish dying or the bees disappearing.
Its us, we are destroying them. Maybe not on purpose but we are. We kill insects that eat our food, we blow up the earth to make way for our homes, our roads. We demolish entire forests to have paper and plastic and things that make our life easy.
Forget about our grandchildren, our future generations.
We're killing them. And we're killing us.
so true

Franklin, KY

#88099 Mar 31, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I lost both my parents 16 years ago and my wife 8 years ago and my career 3 years ago. That is when I came back after being gone for 50 years to the Homestead of my childhood and everything I touch and feel around here has some fond memory. Even the work is nostalgic, but no longer melancholy.
While working on the old smokehouse, I found a picture I had drawn on the wall out there in the 1950s. It was a child's rendering of a house with a fence and chickens on the ground and birds in the air and beneath it I had written my name and the caption "Home Sweet Home". I remodeled all around the wall but left that one piece to remind me that I am home. The CREATOR has trully blessed me. Often times we hear "GOD BLESS YOU". I contend that HE already has and now it is up to us to pass it on.
happy Easter , AW you are so right... We are already blessed. I guess at times we just forget how much , and who to thank for it .. I have been to the bottom , and seen the top , but I am happy just being alive. Many blessings to each and everyone of you today. Whereever you may be, may your heart be warmed today ...
Fudgetwatchesss

Bowling Green, KY

#88100 Mar 31, 2013
Myth #1: Jesus came into the world by "virgin birth" and has no biological father.

Myth #2: Jesus is God.

Myth #3: Jesus' crucifixion was preordained.

Myth #4: Jesus came to establish Christianity.

Myth #5: Jesus was not supposed to marry and start a family.

Myth #6: No one was prepared to be Jesus' wife.

Myth #7: Mary fully supported Jesus in his mission.

Myth #8: Its too late for Jesus to be married now.

Myth #9: Jesus will come on the clouds to meet his followers in the sky at the rapture.

Myth #10: Jesus will fulfill the Second Coming himself.

This is a good read but I'm sure in KY nobody can understand that Jesus was a good idea but not real.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#88101 Mar 31, 2013
@Fudge... whether your lists of myths are right or wrong is totally irrelevant. I prefer to live my life of one that includes "Faith, Hope, and Charity" only to find out that you were right all along instead of going through life believing your myths and finding out later that you are wrong.

In either case, I win and you lose.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#88102 Mar 31, 2013
Hope you all had a good night. The squirrel and the birds are fighting. Crazy!
jennifer

Morehead, KY

#88104 Mar 31, 2013
This is crazy.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#88105 Mar 31, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Fudge... whether your lists of myths are right or wrong is totally irrelevant. I prefer to live my life of one that includes "Faith, Hope, and Charity" only to find out that you were right all along instead of going through life believing your myths and finding out later that you are wrong.
In either case, I win and you lose.
hahahahaha.....

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#88106 Mar 31, 2013
Cloudy and warm. Like it.

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#88108 Mar 31, 2013
Fudgetwatchesss wrote:
Myth #1: Jesus came into the world by "virgin birth" and has no biological father.
Myth #2: Jesus is God.
Myth #3: Jesus' crucifixion was preordained.
Myth #4: Jesus came to establish Christianity.
Myth #5: Jesus was not supposed to marry and start a family.
Myth #6: No one was prepared to be Jesus' wife.
Myth #7: Mary fully supported Jesus in his mission.
Myth #8: Its too late for Jesus to be married now.
Myth #9: Jesus will come on the clouds to meet his followers in the sky at the rapture.
Myth #10: Jesus will fulfill the Second Coming himself.
This is a good read but I'm sure in KY nobody can understand that Jesus was a good idea but not real.
Actually, Jesus was real. Just ask Ed Young, the pastor of the Second Baptist Church, in Houston, Tx. In addition, his exact words, this morning, were, "The Crucifixion, and the Resurrection are still the most proven thing in antiquity!"

Look, my friend, I don't give a damn what you do, or do not believe, but it would be nice if you had had the upbringing not to post something like this, on such a Holy Day for Christians. You can laugh at me all you want, but shame on you! It won't be the first time that Big Stevie was ridiculed for trying to stand up for what's right.

Believe me when I say that it's one thing to believe, or disbelieve something, but it's pretty damned low to try to force your beliefs, or ridicule someone else, for what they believe. I fell sorry for you, my friend, for your lack of humanity, but Big Stevie will pray for you!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#88109 Mar 31, 2013
I prefer being a faithful person than one without faith. The mind and heart control the way one lives his or her life. It does not matter who or what gives one the reason to have faith. We come from chromosomes which create us. Who or what created us comes from somewhere? Happy day to All;) The birds are singing and all is well...If only human kind would be as kind as the beasts upon this earth: canines who assist in time of dangers, birds protecting their young, wolves and doves who are monogamous. Yet, it is the human who lacks faith and kindness,love,compassion.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#88110 Mar 31, 2013
Everyone must be conked out after eating all that Easter candy. lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#88111 Mar 31, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Everyone must be conked out after eating all that Easter candy. lol
Not me, I had no candy.. just lunch and several channels and nothing to watch except the inside of my eyelids. LOL
apples

United States

#88112 Mar 31, 2013
wagggh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama says... 11 min Shannon 13
Police Officer Comes Face to Face With Suspecte... 48 min Screwhim 2
what jobs hire with no drug test? (Apr '14) 1 hr Fox 22
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr think about that 134,255
Keavy Music Thread (May '14) Wed Musikologist 4
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Jan 28 Bethany Ky 701
Man accused of trading pills for sex acts (Sep '08) Nov '14 nxtstrtovr 31

Flood Warning for Laurel County was issued at February 27 at 4:36PM EST

Keavy Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Keavy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:17 am PST

NBC Sports 9:17AM
Michael Roos announces retirement
Bleacher Report 9:36 AM
Titans OT Roos Announces Retirement After 10 Seasons
Yahoo! Sports 9:46 AM
Titans left tackle Michael Roos retires after 10 seasons
CBS Sports 5:55 AM
Devon Still tweets that daughter Leah is home after latest treatment
Bleacher Report 9:58 AM
Vince Young Registered at NFL Vet Combine