Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,683

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#86871 Mar 3, 2013
Hi wonderful bird peeps!!

I decided to shut the computer down for a few days for some quite thinking and real life peace. I did miss talking to you all though! There are times that I have to get away from the nastiness of the other threads on Topix for a while. You can't help but see them as you scour the titles and sometimes they make me extremely angry at the human race.. Some people are surely twisted to get on here and talk about someone else the way they do, and doing it behind the keyboard like a coward.. And the vulgarity in some of it? Just oh my God..

Rapid, I'm going to change my eyeball for you darlin'. It's apparent that I should have NEVER placed this florescent green thing on here, ROFLMBO!! I'm sorry. As soon as I click "post" on here, I'll run through my eyeballs icons and find a more serene one for ya, okay?

Lala, I'll keep your friend in my prayers. I promise!

AB, I so adore those links you place every day. Keep'em coming please!!

AW, I can't believe your phone and internet are STILL messed up!! This is a good time to call them and, um, "negotiate" your plan, hehe.
(Been there, done that).
You'd be surprised how agreeable they can be when you imply that you're going to switch providers.
:)

Blue, glad to see you too!! I trust your dear dad is still doing well? How much longer does he have to stay in rehab? I pray that he heals quickly and can get back to life, hopefully with your siblings closer now!!

Hemp, don't know where you are, but I was watching "Pawn Stars" last night and a man brought in what he thought was a genuine Katana, and of course he was wanting MAJOR bucks. Sadly, he had a fake.. Of course I thought of you and your new one, knowing that YOU have the real deal..

"Belie", don't know where you are, but hope things are well.

Didn't see "Imposter" while I was catching up. I hope the new part time job is going good and his change jar fills up quickly, hehe.

And hello to the 'newbies'!!!! Welcome to the bird thread!!

#86872 Mar 3, 2013
Sorry, that first paragraph should have read QUIET thinking. Please forgive.

#86873 Mar 3, 2013
OH ROAMING!! I forgot to say hi to you too! Hope you're well??

#86874 Mar 3, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
That's been my sleep pattern for most of my life. You just learn to work with it and make it work for you. I like my middle of the night awake times now.
Hi, Miss E. You're right. With bouts of insomnia, you really DO get used to your middle of the night wake up times. It gets to the point that you adjust quite well!! It doesn't aggravate me near as much as it used to!!
OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#86875 Mar 3, 2013
((((Hugs))))

Miss you guys. I will start posting more again tomorrow. I have missed so much the past few months that it may take awhile to catch up.

Looks like we have made it to the last pope.=) Our anagram would like that Cardinal Tarcisio Pietro Evasio Bertone's first name is an anagram for Iscariot. Another interesting fact is that the last pope is "Petrus Romanus" and Pietro is Italian for Peter and Bertone was born in Romano Canavese, Italy. I wonder if he will be the one chosen to fulfill St. Malachy's prophecy?

I am a little tired. Came home late and need to get up early, but I will catch up a bit and post tomorrow. <yawn>

Peace-Salaam-Shalom!(Kind of a signature for those that know me. lol Those that don't would not understand). Yeah, it is me.=)~

#86876 Mar 3, 2013
Welcome back, OJG! Glad you're settle in enough to start posting again!! Talk to you tomorrow hopefully then!!
OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#86877 Mar 3, 2013
(((Nope))) Sorry, I was catching up a bit. Great to see you! Yeah, I will be posting again.=) It is like coming home! ha!

Sweet dreams.

#86878 Mar 3, 2013
It's good to have you back. I have to try to do what I promised Rapid, and change this florescent green eyeball before we loose him, hehe. I'll be back on in a little bit.
(With a different eyeball)....
ROFLMBO!!
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#86880 Mar 4, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
That bad wreck made national news south of Elizabethtown (in betty's neck of the woods) and then the stories keep coming. Sad that family died when hit by the semi. I hope Blue, betty's hubby and any other truckers we know weren't involved or held up by that wreck. Wonder if that is where betty was saying is too curvy and if it is where they have had many wrecks.
the curvy part is between Upton and Sonora. curvy, hills, and potholes....

these wrecks were in between Sonora and Glendale where there is a little bridge/drainage thingy that constantly sinks in and creates a pot hole and large dent that will toss you if your not holding onto the wheel. there's also another bad spot between exit 93 and Glendale right past the scales going south bound. they are always out there patching it, but they never get it even.... the news said the truck driver rear ended them but i wonder if it didn't happen just like this one wreck i remember from a few years ago that was in that very spot. in that one, a car was in the left lane and the truck was just behind them in the right lane going south, when the car hit the indent in the road, the car was lurched into the left lane and front of the truck and the truck had no choice but hit them in rear and send them both into the concrete wall that runs the length of the bridge. the car pretty much burst into flames on impact.

its a really sad situation all around, whats even sadder is that because of how many years i have lived/ traveled/ worked in this area i can tell you that this spot is a known problem..... any cop who has worked accident scenes in that area would say the same.... but they do nothing about it.... instead they keep building pointless highways to B.F.E ahem...i mean Brandenburg and circles in Rinyville, and letting the roads most traveled fall apart. gotta love that... the crooked-wealth of Kentucky strikes again.

if i have to go south i stick to 31w all the way down to horse cave....... yes its ten miles lower on the speed limit but i have no wish to hurry up and die. plus i get to look at the cows.

off soap box and back to bed for me. playing hooky from work tomorrow cause my relatives forgot to take their plague with them when they left Saturday.

yay! jpf stopped in today :)
Ancient Wolf

Flemingsburg, KY

#86881 Mar 4, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
That's been my sleep pattern for most of my life. You just learn to work with it and make it work for you. I like my middle of the night awake times now.
My routine for many years also. Having spent many years in developing computer software, I find that those hours are the best times to resolve issues and it is just easier to think outside the box at those times.
Ancient Wolf

Flemingsburg, KY

#86882 Mar 4, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
AW, I can't believe your phone and internet are STILL messed up!! This is a good time to call them and, um, "negotiate" your plan, hehe.
(Been there, done that).
You'd be surprised how agreeable they can be when you imply that you're going to switch providers.
It is not a cell phone with numerous providers, but the land line with only one provider in the area. Here in the boondocks, I have tried several cell phone providers and none will get a decent signal here so close to the limestone palisades along the rivers. So I don't have a cell phone at all. My understanding is that AT&T had a major cable interrupt that even affected my provider.. Windstream. It seems to all be working now, and I have just needed to call upon my patience.
Ancient Wolf

Flemingsburg, KY

#86883 Mar 4, 2013
so true wrote:
me too , I make mine homemade ever year. We always called it homemade ketchup. Grew up that way. We can so many things, and I still do.. Good night to you all , may your dreams , float you to a point in your life when no harm or hurt came your way, when you were at you happiest... Night all..
We have homemade green tomato ketchup too and include cabbage in it, but commonly refer to it as "chow chow". But I am out of the homemade, and had to get the store bought sweet pickle relish.
Ancient Wolf

Flemingsburg, KY

#86884 Mar 4, 2013
OhioJeepGirl wrote:
(((Nope))) Sorry, I was catching up a bit. Great to see you! Yeah, I will be posting again.=) It is like coming home! ha!
Sweet dreams.
Welcome back. During your Sabbatical, I installed a new wood burner that is more than twice as big as the old one and required a modification to my chimney. As soon as it gets fired up good this morning, I plan to put on a pot of beans with country ham bone and bits. Only problem is trying to decide if I will go with the pintos or a quart of canned green beans. LOL Decisions.. Decisions

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#86885 Mar 4, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
OH ROAMING!! I forgot to say hi to you too! Hope you're well??
Tired and grumpy but well. Hope you are as well.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#86887 Mar 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a cell phone with numerous providers, but the land line with only one provider in the area. Here in the boondocks, I have tried several cell phone providers and none will get a decent signal here so close to the limestone palisades along the rivers. So I don't have a cell phone at all. My understanding is that AT&T had a major cable interrupt that even affected my provider.. Windstream. It seems to all be working now, and I have just needed to call upon my patience.
That same thing happened to us with Windstream. Our phone was so static-filled that we could hardly hear the person speaking. After numerous calls to Windstream, and their inability to fix the problems, we just stopped using the land line for calls, and pulled out the phone so it wouldn't be ringing constantly. We had to keep the landline for the computer, but we could disconnect the land phone and use our cells exclusively. That has pretty much worked out, plus the only people who have my cell number are those whose calls I want to get. No more worrying about telemarketers.

Location hidden

#86888 Mar 4, 2013
Good morning, everyone. I'm sure glad that OJG has returned. Some of us have kept in touch through our personal e-mail accounts, but it is really nice to get spontaneous comments on the thread, where all could give opinions promptly.

AW, you are making me hungry. Went off my diet this A.M. by eating cookies that hubby made. Sometimes I swear that he does that to hijack my diets. He knows that I can't resist sweets. LOL

Nope, I really like that eye. It's sort of like the pink flamingos people put on their lawns. LOL....a bit retro. but glitsy. Like it.

Abeliever, keep those videos going, including the news about sinkholes....they are going to cause a major problem, I fear.
Roaming, whenever you are up during the night, you can bet on me pacing the floor as well. I would be on the computer but I don't want to disturb hubby's sleep. He says he doesn't mind, but the tap tap of the keyboard would drive me nuts if I was trying to sleep. When our little guy gets a bit older, I'm going to convert his playroom to a computer room. Geesh, when I was a kid, I didn't have a playroom. Never had enough toys at one time to warrant one. I've got to cut back on indulging him. He's very polite and sweet, but I have to remember not to spoil him. So far, so good now in his upbringing.
So for, he believes in family values, and has a Christian faith, but society has a way of warping kids, and I fear for that. Especially the way things are now.
Where is Hempburn. Hope he's not getting bored with us. Haven't seen Imposter around either.
Well, have a good day, everyone, and I'll stop in from time to time to see what is going on. I was telling a friend about you folks and the thread, and she was amazed that a group of online people can get so close. I am a little struck by it as well, since I never had any interest in joining chat rooms, etc. Well, let's stay together and hopefully recruit more 'bird peeps' to keep the thread alive.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#86889 Mar 4, 2013
Partner back on road. Should be in Walton,Ky by 11 a.m. Time goes so fast that vehicle maintenance has been placed on the back burner for six mos. Made some blackberry/ raspberry jam and used as a topping for the cheesecake I made. However, my springform pans keep leaking water from their water bath and the crust...Well yuck is the word on that.I used three sheets of foil, but oh no those wouldn't work. I'm P.O.'d at Partner. Instead of safely slowing down the other day, he keeps going the speed limit and over runs a dog. he didn't stop. Kept on traveling down the highway. I blame his behavior on the parenting, but I can only make excuses for so much and so long. I was disheartened and sickened. Enough on that Love is supposed to withstand anything, I guess. Glad every one seems to be doing well: Nope, AB,Lala,AW, all the other peeps. The sun is glorious and I have a busy day. Blessings to All...

Location hidden

#86890 Mar 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I sleep really good for 4 hours, then wake up and drink coffee and do things for a couple hours then sleep a couple more hours and it does not matter whether it is night or day. Good thing I am retired and have no schedules to keep.
I have no schedule to keep as well, but even when I worked I came and went as I pleased. Actually, I was the hardest taskmaster than any boss could be...sometimes working 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, when I was especially busy. I did have slower weeks when I could go in at noon and go home at 4. It all depended on the number of patients that I had. I really loved my work and hated to go on disability. Work was not work to me, it was a joy to go. Well I did that for over 30 years, and it would have soon been time to retire anyway.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#86891 Mar 4, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
That same thing happened to us with Windstream. Our phone was so static-filled that we could hardly hear the person speaking. After numerous calls to Windstream, and their inability to fix the problems, we just stopped using the land line for calls, and pulled out the phone so it wouldn't be ringing constantly. We had to keep the landline for the computer, but we could disconnect the land phone and use our cells exclusively. That has pretty much worked out, plus the only people who have my cell number are those whose calls I want to get. No more worrying about telemarketers.
Phone is gone again. I bet the telemarketers hate that LOL I would drop the land line too but I don't think it is very cost effective to drive 4 or 5 miles to get a cell phone signal.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#86892 Mar 4, 2013
Indeed. I have loved computers ever since the invention of the World Wide Web. lol It's something I can do quietly and not wake anyone.
Of course, people in my house can sleep through about anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ladies whatch your men. 17 hr vote 1
Marilyn benge mcghee. 17 hr keavy 1
Deer Hunters of Keavy.. auger Springs.. Flatwoo... Thu Day boy 2
no one is perfect. Oct 29 Stephen ft judge 2
Greg Darlene baker Oct 27 grow up 1
James dooley Oct 27 black ice 1
winfred Morgan locust grove Oct 27 ice 1

Freeze Warning for Laurel County was issued at November 01 at 3:48AM EDT

Keavy Dating
Find my Match